PDA

View Full Version : Leave It Behind

HeadAroundU
02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Because this is one of the most ignored tracks, I'd like to talk about it.

I think there is a lot of reasons why it is "ignored":
- Short.
- It's in the shadow of at least 8 songs on the Ixnay. :)
- There is definitely missing something. I think they did it in 2 hours maybe.
- The refrain shows up very soon!
- I can't wait for Gone away. :)
- I have a strange feeling while listening that it's going to end up very soon.

What I like about this song:
- It's definitely The Offspring song, nobody can do it this way.
- It's cold-blooded while Dexter's voice is nice although sorrowful.
- It's nice to hear unperfectionist song.

EDIT:
Don't say that there are more or less ignored songs.
If you have nothing to add then leave this thread alone. There is also another thread by Johnny about ignored songs.

RonWelty
02-15-2006, 04:44 PM
itīs a very quick , hard , rock , simple song ... itīs a song to listen with pleasure but not a song to put on REPEAT MODE :P

alistair13
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
i don't really care for that song too much. never really caught my attention.

Dexter18
02-15-2006, 05:20 PM
"Leave it Behind" is definately awesome. Probably my second favorite song on Ixnay.

HeadAroundU
02-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Why people, WHY!!!!

reasons, reasons, reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

noodle654
02-15-2006, 05:41 PM
There are alot of Offspring songs on Smash and Ixnay that nobody notices, one of the reasons is because of publicity. People listen to the song for about 5 seconds then they say, its to slow I dont like it or it is to boring after listening to the song for 5 seconds. I didnt like Leave It Behind, but after awhile of listening to it about 30 times, I really liked it. It is an amazing song and that is why I think that song and others get no attention. MOTA is ignored alot, but it is AMAZING

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I love the song. I think its great. Its short, hard rockish. Very good song. But yeah it is ignored a lot.

SuperKnux
02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
MOTA is ignored alot, but it is AMAZING

"Mota" isn't ignored as much as "Leave It Behind". Infact, Mota is the most referenced amongst some of the kids here in the board. Names like Mota Boy and such.

DeAtHsTaR
02-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I think Amazed is too ignored. It should have been a single.

JohnnyNemesis
02-15-2006, 08:09 PM
- I can't wait for Gone away.

I haven't listened to Gone Away in years; I think I've been skipping that track since 1998. It's just so...I dunno, I just like the fast songs better.

Mr. Noodles
02-15-2006, 08:09 PM
I think Amazed is too ignored. It should have been a single.
I agree.

That's actually my 2nd fav song on the album.

HeadAroundU
02-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Let's stay on topic!

Don't say that there are more or less ignored songs.
If you have nothing to add then leave this thread alone. There is also another thread by Johnny about ignored songs.
Also you can make real quick off topics because I'm greathearted! but only if you have been born before 1992 ;)

Mr. Noodles
02-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Let's stay on topic!

Don't say that there is more or less ignored songs.
OK.

Well, I never really payed attention to the fact of how ignored it was.

It didn't even know people would ignore an Offspring song - especially from Ixnay! :eek:

Also, Ixnay is my fav album.

Sorry I got off topic again real quick!

barangatang
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
"Mota" isn't ignored as much as "Leave It Behind". Infact, Mota is the most referenced amongst some of the kids here in the board. Names like Mota Boy and such.

Yeah, and he's the only one.

Hux
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Leave It Behind used to be my favourite song.

The chorus is awesome. The lyrics are meaningful. It just sounds great. Different to most of their songs.

Venom Symbiote
02-15-2006, 09:48 PM
It's too short, that's about the be-all end-all of it. It's simply just a very brief track.

The reason it holds a special place in my heart as far as Offspring songs go is that simple-yet-brilliant line "way of life you need to get over". The world's a fucked-up place, but if you're going to get anywhere in life you've simply gotta deal with it.

Stark message, but it's so true.

And the track is just a really quintessential "Offspring" song, if you know what I mean. Like most of Ixnay and Smash, it's just that "classic" sound. In the same way that the whole reason "Change the World" and "The Noose" are loved so much because they're just so FREAKIN' "Offspring-y".

You know it's them after listening for like 3 seconds. No one else sounds like that. Not even Pennywise, who I probably credit with being the most similar band to them I can think of (in terms of sound, of "atmosphere" and "vibe").

Llamas
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
maybe the sound is their own, but I just don't like that song. It used to be my least favorite song of theirs until CO1 came out. Really short, repetative, and I just didn't like the overall sound of it.

Hypodermic_89
02-16-2006, 03:18 AM
I think Leave It Behind is the second best song on Ixnay. I listen to it every day.

Wow, a rhyme

Scottboy79
02-16-2006, 03:54 AM
It starts in crescendo and it ends in crescendo.....what better way to convey emotion????

One of the finest Offspring songs in a catalogue of fucking kick-ass tunes.

How can anyone even question this song?? Consider the album it's on and the time that album came out.....not to mention what I was going through when I appreciated it.

Late '98 I believe. I actually grew to love this song weeks prior to 'AMERICANA' being released. And to think....I owe it all to 'I Choose' a year earlier......

GODDAM these guys are legendary. I'm glad there's at least a group of people that knows it......

WAY WAY WAY ahead of it's time!!!!

Underappreciated = good music

Peace + animosity bitches!!!!

Love,

Irony

Llamas
02-16-2006, 04:10 AM
what in the world do you mean by crescendo? there is no change in dynamics in the whole song... :confused:

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 04:33 AM
He's an idiot. Just call him a midget pirate and be done with it.

Llamas
02-16-2006, 04:49 AM
hahaha do you know him?

the_GoDdEsS
02-16-2006, 04:53 AM
I completely forgot about the song title and thought it was a new one. And I used to love Ixnay.

Besides, when did your English improve?

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 05:11 AM
ILoveLlamas: nope. Why, do I have to to make that statement or something? Damn hippies and their anti-judgemental ways. Why ruin my fun? :cool:

The Goddess: you love Ixnay and don't know the title of "Leave It Behind"? For shame, woman, for freakin' shame. :(

Titus
02-16-2006, 06:11 AM
- I can't wait for Gone away. :)

Looool

Well, I like that song. Dexter voice always rox! Chorus is great too.

MichaelCorleone
02-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Well, I like that song. Dexter voice always rox! Chorus is great too.

* Dexter's, rocks

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Yay! Grammar corrections.

We need more of those around here. Nice work. :)

Titus
02-16-2006, 08:09 AM
* Dexter's, rocks

yaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joakoman
02-16-2006, 09:01 AM
I love this song. Isn't the best but there are worse...