PDA

View Full Version : IDeas for New Album

ImNoHero
02-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Dexter said he wanted Ideas for the new album right? well lets give them some.

First off I think It should be whatever they want.

but i have 3 requests that wouldnt hurt
1.Keep the fast punk songs, they were great on Splinter (the noose,long way home)

2.Noodles needs to come back with Solos.Since CO1 he stopped doing solos. they were short and catchy. they dont need to be like hair metal bad for like 5 minutes but someting small would be nice.

3.Make a song that you would have probably had on like selftittled or ignition. Many bands say they have grown and dont want to make songs like that, but that would measure how big of change time has had.

but dont listen to me, Do what ever you guys do, this will always be my fave band. Ill buy the album the minute it comes out. Just as long as you come back to Vegas! everything will be alright.

Hux
02-16-2006, 12:11 AM
This has recently been done sort of. The one with the "if you were the producers for the new album" or something like that.

But...

Most songs like Ignition, Self Titled and Smash.
Some kinda like light depressing songs.
A hidden kind of song like Pay The Man.

This should be at least 12 songs at the minimum.

Llamas
02-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Put out a long album. I mean, if you add up the amount of time of the album minus the dorky stuff like intros and outros... it should still be atleast a half hour. Make the conclusion of the album AWESOME like in the past! Splinter's conclusion was what made it so weak... I'd love it if the album didn't contain any quirky radio-ready electronic songs, but I can't expect that. Write for yourselves- write what you feel and not what you think will do well! That's the most important! The best music is the kind that comes from your soul, not what comes from wanting success...

Evka.pl
02-16-2006, 12:17 AM

1.Keep the fast punk songs, they were great on Splinter (the noose,long way home)

2.Noodles needs to come back with Solos.Since CO1 he stopped doing solos. they were short and catchy. they dont need to be like hair metal bad for like 5 minutes but someting small would be nice.

3.Make a song that you would have probably had on like selftittled or ignition. Many bands say they have grown and dont want to make songs like that, but that would measure how big of change time has had.

but dont listen to me, Do what ever you guys do, this will always be my fave band. Ill buy the album the minute it comes out. Just as long as you come back to Vegas! everything will be alright.

i second that!!!!!! my thoughts exactly...:)

Dex90
02-16-2006, 01:03 AM
more than 12 songs please!! i love splinter and can't repeat just as much as ignition, so it would be awesome if guys could continue going in the direction your heading mix it up a bit with some stuff that sounds like ignition and please add a few acoustic hidden tracks!!!!!!!

SuperKnux
02-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Splinter was great and all, but god damn it was short as fuck. I have tons of ideas for the direction of the band, but that's the thing, this isn't my band (and I can assure you, mostly everyone here in the board will not agree with me on the directions).

With that said, I just really wish this upcomming record is a lot longer than just 30 minutes. Go for 45 to 50 minutes. That seems to be pretty standard, don't you think?

dirty_magic
02-16-2006, 01:20 AM
1. must be longer than splinter
2. needs an intro song cos they rock, reminds me of when i first got smash
3. no songs along the lines of hit that or pretty fly
4. music along the lines of ignition, ixnay and smash
5. no top of the pops appearance following any release of a single, its degrading!
6. at least 2 singles released, preferably before the release of the album so they sell well
7. lots of hidden stuff
8. dirty magic

Hux
02-16-2006, 01:41 AM
8. dirty magic
Haha yes, have the re-recorded version of dirty magic or something.

Lithuanian Offspring
02-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Make it a double CD. Do something artsy-fartsy with your music. But you have to make the album really long. I say you stick to those rock/punk songs, i.e. the Noose, CGMHAY, etc. Those are absolutely great. The joke songs I'd try to make a healthy balance of serious music and the lyrics, cause like Hit That and Pretty Fly didn't have your heaviness/deepness in them. Just do them like the Vandals do 'em. There that's what I wanted to say. And don't make too many of them. Just to recap:

1. Long Album
2. Lots of Rock songs/serious
3. Joke songs with punk songs
4. Don't overflood the album with joke songs

Unlike these other posts, these were not suggestions, these are orders. I would like the skull on the album cover to be in cornflower blue and the background should be orange. That is all for now.

Edit: Put the rerecorded version of Dirty Magic and make a video for it. That way it will get popular.

Llamas
02-16-2006, 02:18 AM
hahahhaha. I really like the idea of a double disc!!! OMG that would be amazing! I totally second that idea!!!

thecavedog
02-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Awesome stuff you guys. I really like your thoughts! It's true that splinter was just 2 damn short!!! I recently bought the new Liquido cd, Float, and it rocks. Good music and just shy of an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I was also thinking that the band must buy a video camera and document the writing/recording/producing/live performance of the cd. It is something that I'd love to have. A dvd of all that would rock!

Llamas
02-16-2006, 03:33 AM
a documentary video would be amazing. they've done the cool stunts vids. I wanna see them one on one, on the tour bus, in the studio, at home, that kinda stuff. it's hard to really get to know what they're like because they're all so shy (minus noodles).

offspring5
02-16-2006, 04:25 AM
they to need to record an EP first (like "a piece of americana) or release a few singles but something that will happen soon

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 04:54 AM
The smart-ass tongue in cheek humor in OFFSPRING-Y songs.

I'm talking the "Cool To Hate" and "Disclaimer" wit here. "Hit That" was fucking clever, I'll agree, and I still like that song. But we need THAT inspiration and wittiness in a proper "Offspring" sounding song. And if you want to do something funny, don't let it sound forced like in, say, "Original Prankster". I love you guys, man, but fuck that song is cringe-worthy.

And how about a metal song? I know that sounds fucking ridiculous, but...yeah. Like, you've experimented with ska, surf-rock, ballads, synthesizers, scratching boards, reggae, and even '40s swing music in the past. Throw some metal in there. ;) I'm not talking Cannibal Corpse or anything stupid and screamy like that. But, like...a Hammerfall style song would be awesome. Power-metal, still progressive rock music, not too dissimilar to some of the stuff you guys have done before. And Dexter singing a spoof of that style of music would be great, knights & goblins & castles & honor as the theme and all.

If you want to do a funny mocking song, that'd be the way to go.

'Twould be rad.

Oh yeah: get the MC Bat Commander on board for backing vocals this time around. You've had your idols like Jack Grisham before, you've had your proteges like Davey Havok: now it's time for Nitro's hottest talent to step up to the plate. :D

Seriously: if you're going to do a "jokey" song for a single this time around, the MCBC is the guy. He can do everything from sing nerdily & melodically ("Mechanical Ape") to rap ("I Fell Asleep On My Arm") to a fucking brilliant Elvis impersonation. The guy has a set of pipes.

All I ask from this album. :p

And, oh yeah: it'd better be more raw like fucking Ixnay. Dammit. Don't pull a Metallica and consciously try and write like your old stuff and have it turn out shit because you were so focused on repeating it, but...at the same time: no more "Want You Bads". Mmm'kay? Haha.

Or there will be blood, oh yes, there will be blood in the streets, Li'l Dexy. :D

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-16-2006, 05:05 AM

Dexter, this guy is right, Let's hear some more Long Way Home / The Noose songs, those 2 songs are getting close to Igniton material, and seriously...Noodles, lay down some solos man :p

Do you think you could do another solo like TKAA or I Choose? those solos are just awesome dude, i don't mean a solo for every song...but at least a few

AND DEXTER!!! PLEASE USE PEDAL EFFECTS FOR AT LEAST ONE SONG!!! THEY SOUND SO GOOD!!! :p :D

Facur1
02-16-2006, 05:22 AM
Ok guys, first of all... i think that the album has to be like the past albums.. you know smash, ignition and Ixnay too and why not Americana... all those albums are my favorite and it really rock!!!... ok i don't mean that i don't like the style of Conspiracy and Splinter, I love all your albums!!!.. but i think most of people want to hear the best of you.. the punk rock inside you guys it's great.. don't forget it please.. I really love Mission From God... that's a good song!!
Then... like one of the guys says... i can say that if you are looking of a commercially success the best you can do is to do a modern album of punk rock, but a bit more heavy... like Smash it was... with songs kinda Self Esteem, Come Out And Play, Gotta Get Away...
Please think in that, open your minds!!... a lot of people are expecting that kind of album... a million of people would be ancious of buying your album!!
Conclussion!: if you guys are looking to records a Good album, try to make songs like Mission From God,( it sounds modern, powerfull, catching), What Happened To You (it's good song, catching song, funny song, and it makes more variable your disc), Self Esteem (this song is heavy, a totally succes, with shouts, it really makes you scream, feel the song, the letter is excelent, etc..)
The Cuantity of songs: at least 14 songs... including an intro, and a bonus track... it can be the re recorded version of Dirty Magic:cool: .
And I Agree with the guy that says that Noodles have to do more solos ( Noodles i really like your style a lot!)... the solos makes songs more interesting.
ah!!!!... please don't try to imitate the last album of Green Day...
you are more than Green Day!! always!!.. try to demostrate that the heavy side of The Offspring is not hide in somewhere...
Keep On Rocking Guys!!! you are the best!!!.. i love you all, and please come to Argentina jajajaja!! that would be my last petition for the year!!..:p

Mucho Macho
02-16-2006, 05:43 AM
First of all hello to you guys because I'm new here!
Here you have some of my ideas (they are rather simular with some other replies but whatever):

1. The album should be longer than Splinter, at least 13 tracks (it's said several times before so just do it!)
2. Use the experiences of the last years as inspiration (flight around the world: this is perhaps only my opinion but I found the LYRICS of the Splinter album missing some social relevance, it's not to the point and not really about the things that are NOW going on, ya know what I mean...; Warped Tour: each time Noodles asked "You guys want some old shit?" the crawd went wild so please give us some "old shit"-like songs; the greatest hits album: combine the best elements of those tracks to make even better songs this time).
3. I read Dexter writes the entire album (also the drumming parts), why not let the other members of the band bring on some ideas, especially Atom (who is rather new in the band)? First of all he's the shit and he's also in several other bands as well, so he could easily bring on positive elements from those bands as inspiration for the new album.
4. more fast-agressive punk songs like Da Hui (not only one on each album), but then with "ok lyrics", I mean, it's fun for those guys they made a song about them but what do I care??? (I live all the way down in Belgium) Better make lyrics as on "All I Want" an "The Meaning of Life" (which is still my favorite song)
5. I have nothing against catchy songs, but then they have to be good, like Pretty Fly for example. It seems they really want to put one or two catchy songs on each record, even when they lack inspiration. And then you get a silly song as result which is not funny at all. I'm a teacher myself, and I thought why not let my pupils listen to a track from The Offspring for introducing drugs and alcohol (in this Case: The worst Hangover Ever) and they didn't like it at all because it's just not funny enough and also because Dexter's voice isn't made for a songs like that. So what I try to say is, if you want to put a funny track on it, make sure it IS funny!!!
6. When the record is finished, choose better singles. Here in Belgium The Offspring aren't that famous, just because they choose the wrong singles. For Splinter for example: Hit That (which I can still understand 'cause that's rather commercial) but what about Can't Get My Head Around You? Why not The Noose or Lightning Rod or Race against Myself? This is why (in Belgium) Green Day is much more popular, because they choose the right singles: Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday, American Idiot, all great songs, but I find the rest of their album rather crap. An album of The Offspring has only good tracks, only their singles aren't just that good enough to kick ass.

Now then, I think this is a bit it. Sorry for my bad English and till next time!
Keep posting on this thread guys, just imagine they REALLY do something with these ideas, then you can tell that the fans have contributed to the albuw, wouldn't that be great?!

Enjoy,

Mucho Macho :cool:

Apathy
02-16-2006, 07:00 AM
I've got a couple requests if they actually read this...

Please don't make it a dual disc. none of my Cd Players can seem to handle that format. My Stereo doesn't even play them.

If you're going to add a hidden track, can you do it in some other way than making you sit though a few minutes of silence? If I want to put it in a mix of some sort, or on an mp3 player, The last tracks always take up so much space because they have 2-3 minutes of nothing.

icklebabygremlin
02-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Dexter write more songs like session,tkaa,million miles away and long way home

FOXMAN
02-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I think guys that dirty magic would be a great hit! I would like to hear in the new album punk,but very very melodic songs!! Also, one ballad would be a good idea (like the part of recording splinter video). But whatever you do Dexter (and all the members) I really trust you! So...GOOD LUCK Offspring!
[ahh... and in your next tour, if you can, please visit Greece! We are waiting for you guys. . .forever. . . and a day! ]

**I posted it in the "Dexter's new journal" thread too , but I didn't read this thread before. :o

dirty_magic
02-16-2006, 07:32 AM
been thinking as lectures were boring and as someone pointed out noodles and solos have always seemed to go well together, and so maybe they could go well together again on this album in a couple of songs! i love the solo on i got a right from club me, something like that would make a song and album! o yeah and you know everyone loves your old skool ignition and smash stuff so lets hear some of that!

Dexter_italy
02-16-2006, 07:56 AM
My idea is DON'T LOOK BACK, they already did a smash and an ignition, we (and they ) don't need another one! I agree with the idea of some little solos ,a longer album and less "poppy" songs. and let atom create some good drum parts :)
________
Arizona dispensaries (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

noodlesisalliwant
02-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I agree with most ideas mentioned already, except some of the above one, I love ignition and smash and if they made some songs that were similar to those on ignition then that would be fantastic. Although I agree Noodles should be doing some more awesome solo's on this album, that'd be great :) :p and definitely cut out the poppy songs, they dont need them to make a great album, for example, I liked practically every song on CO1 except the singles that were released, especially Vultures and all along. Just an example, CO1 isnt exactly my favourite album but the singles released on there were particularly overplayed on Radio and MTV

Dexter Powerhead
02-16-2006, 09:30 AM
whatever dexter wants except THE WORST HANGOVER EVER............they have to take back smash and ignition sounds but mixed up with the punk-pop tendency of albums like americana or co1.........it'd be nice

Nounou
02-16-2006, 09:35 AM
I think they should stay themselves and only do what they want to :)

I'd like to have a song related to another one as a Nitro II or whatever ;), it'd be funny anyway

Swill
02-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Personally...id like to see the offspring produce a dark/experimental album....drop the pretty flys, hit thats and dont pick it ups and give me 13 or so tracks of dark angry addictive punk....songs along the line of pay the man, end of the line, something to believe in, lightning rod, have you ever, no hero etc....i wanna hear the rusty anger and cockiness in dexters vocals again....
________
Blowjob Asian (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/330/asian/videos/1)

noodlesisalliwant
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Personally...id like to see the offspring produce a dark/experimental album....drop the pretty flys, hit thats and dont pick it ups and give me 13 or so tracks of dark angry addictive punk....songs along the line of pay the man, end of the line, something to believe in, lightning rod, have you ever, no hero etc....i wanna hear the rusty anger and cockiness in dexters vocals again....

That is a pretty good idea, some of the "darker songs" are my favourites. Especially No Hero and End Of The Line

Lord_Gabo
02-16-2006, 10:05 AM
i hope to ear only a good sound . Dex haven't problem to write good songs. For the sounds Atom Greg and Kevin i would ear difference between struments..take out your crazy ideas!

Ok Dirty magic.. but an Oasis Cover? :) HUHUhUHu

Tiago
02-16-2006, 10:24 AM
My opinion is:

1 - Put Dirty Magic!
2 - No Pretty Fly`s this time!
3 - More than 12 songs, Splinter was really short!
4 - Well, since you recorded Dirty Magic again, why not put another old song that "fans after Smash" don`t know? I would suggest the songs I`ll be waiting and Beheaded! Maybe you should put a poll on the website about what old song to record again, it would be democratic and has The Offspring`s style.
5 - Noodles solos again, we miss you Noodles!
6 - Greg-K playing a drum solo XD!!!

electric_alexa
02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
yeah definately hav dat new version of Dirty Magic

offspring_freak_3
02-16-2006, 10:52 AM
an album with 1 hour long would be great :D

Kebeker
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
6 - Greg-K playing a drum solo XD!!!

yeah great idea! lol

blackballs
02-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Make a video for Dirty Magic, and release it a few weeks before the new album, I think they should do a Gone Away-esque type video. Also like everybody else is pointing out don't over-produce it like Co1 and Splinter (we like the raw sound of Igniton and Smash), for example don't use as much sampling (this ain't a Beastie Boys album), and do a more lenghtly album. Don't artificially lenghten it by added tracks like Intermission (funny song, but we don't need another). If you do an intro, atleast add 13-14 original tracks.

theoffspringignite
02-16-2006, 11:17 AM
1. More punk rock songs than rock/experimental/etc. songs.
The Offspring makes all kinds of kick ass songs but punk rock is not only their roots but also their strongest area.
2. Longer than Splinter.
Okay, yeah quality not quantity but you guys are always quality so fuck it, give us some more quantity!
3. Solos would be cool as other people are saying.
4. When you release CD Singles please include old b-sides like Pass Me By, Ring of Fire, Light Em Up, (and maybe your new Dirty Magic re-recorded) as the secondary tracks.
5. Do the same damn thing you've always done. Take your time, and deliver something that rocks as always. No pressure, ya know!?

Rutegard
02-16-2006, 11:21 AM
longer than splinter
lots of hidden stuff
dirty magic
fast musics
nice lyrics (as always)

write down about how we are so cool here at forums and how we love you so much and how you just enjoy it! :D eheh

and we want that record as soon as possible

TarachnidX
02-16-2006, 12:06 PM
I would be happy with anything that the Offspring come out with. They never dissapoint me but on the new album I would want more guitar solos, more bass solos, and more cowbell! Ive seen a lot of people posting that they want it to be longer and I totally agree. I would want more fast punk songs and more serious songs. But really I dont care, I just wanna hear some new stuff and I am really hoping that this isn't their last one.

Black__ball
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Dexter, this guy is right, Let's hear some more Long Way Home / The Noose songs, those 2 songs are getting close to Igniton material, and seriously...Noodles, lay down some solos man :p

Do you think you could do another solo like TKAA or I Choose? those solos are just awesome dude, i don't mean a solo for every song...but at least a few

AND DEXTER!!! PLEASE USE PEDAL EFFECTS FOR AT LEAST ONE SONG!!! THEY SOUND SO GOOD!!! :p :D

im with you on that one!!!!

Call it an Obsession
02-16-2006, 12:20 PM
should get everyone to have their own song to sing... especially greg :P

Fspring
02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Guys... to me it's simple... dont do it like American Idiot or anything close... I mean, i like Green Day, but shit... the first time i heard that album I said i wouldn't do it again... and I didn't... they sold their punk influence to sell more records... just don't do that please.... I don't care if their record sold millions or if it's a good record or not, thats simply not punk!

alistair13
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
the offspring needs to release a fulfilling album, one that concludes with the most amazing song. all the songs should be somewhat deep, even if they are funny. that's the main reason why i didn't like splinter, because none of the songs were even remotely thought-provoking. some socio-political songs would be good, and just avoid the pre-made radio hits, as has been said a lot before.

Drummerguy123
02-16-2006, 04:49 PM
True, I want a longer, more Ignition/Ixnay type album, but I still don't see why you guys are complaining about the length of Splinter. Did nobody realize that, even with Kill The President, the S/T was about 3 minutes shorter than Splinter?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-16-2006, 05:05 PM
True, I want a longer, more Ignition/Ixnay type album, but I still don't see why you guys are complaining about the length of Splinter. Did nobody realize that, even with Kill The President, the S/T was about 3 minutes shorter than Splinter?

I think those were the people that don't have the self titled. I have it but I don't have Splinter, just alot of songs from it.

killboypwrheadjx
02-16-2006, 06:58 PM
i used to bitch about how the offspring were selling out and not punk anymore and making shitty pop songs blah blah blah, but since they have released splinter i kinda feel like a dick for saying all that. cause splinter actually seemed like they were TRYING to go back to the old stuff just for the people bitching about it...and miserably failing. my other favorite band, nine inch nails, has never listened to a goddamn thing anyone told them about how to make music. trent reznor just did what he wanted, and picked up fans in the genres that the music happened to fall into. i think the offspring just needs to do what feels right, and whatever results i'm sure will sound great. after all, it IS the offspring. it'll sound like the offspring no matter what. but they don't need to model themselves after anything. "time rolls on, turn the page."

Shananzie
02-16-2006, 07:27 PM
what i would like to see from the offspring on their next album:

I would like one or two songs to transcend adolescent topics and target more adult themes. Like mimic office space, but in a musical medium. what a genius movie! it had masses of humor, but it got sooo many things about life right on the nose. i hate the pointlessness and the redundancy of work, few bands address that. soon the pointlessness and redundancy that is established in going to work everyday begins to manifest itself into your own life. before you know it you realize you're no longer an individual, you're nothing but a part of some bleak structural system. you're just as dull and gray as the system. responsibility stinks. i want free money. i hate being owned!

singing about socio-economic expolitation around the world, conformity woes, beer, politics, and the right to do whatever the hell you want in punk is like singing about cars, weed, and hos in rap. i just want someone to address something new. have a different perspective, take a break on singing about alienation for a while.

no more lame-ass mainsteam songs that SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME and follow the same format, like hit that, pretty fly, original prankster. but if you want to do one like that, go ahead...nitro has to be funded somehow. least that's putting out some original sounding stuff unlike, coughcough, the offspring.

make a memorable song this time around

oh yeah, and the offspring should go on warped this year again, even if they don't have anything to promote. now that's punk.

Drummerguy123
02-16-2006, 07:34 PM
OMG! I just got an awesome idea! Imagine if they re-recorded "Hopeless" from their manic subsidal days! That would be sweet.

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 07:48 PM
If they put all the Manic Subsidal tracks on a disc, re-recorded (or hell, even just remastered), I'd be fucking beyond words. That would be ecstacy, man. Amazing.

But I hope they don't put them as part of the new album. I hope "Dirty Magic" isn't put as an actual track on the new album, either, but like released as a single in-between albums much the way "Defy You" and "Can't Repeat" were.

The new album should be just that - a new album.

But putting old pre-Self Titled song on a separate, stand-alone disc?

Hell-the-fuck-yeah. :cool:

alistair13
02-16-2006, 07:51 PM
^dude, that was the best quote ever. into my signature it goes.

Slipdog2
02-16-2006, 09:17 PM
If they put all the Manic Subsidal tracks on a disc, re-recorded (or hell, even just remastered), I'd be fucking beyond words. That would be ecstacy, man. Amazing.

But I hope they don't put them as part of the new album. I hope "Dirty Magic" isn't put as an actual track on the new album, either, but like released as a single in-between albums much the way "Defy You" and "Can't Repeat" were.

The new album should be just that - a new album.

But putting old pre-Self Titled song on a separate, stand-alone disc?

Hell-the-fuck-yeah. :cool:

Can't Repeat was put out to promote the Greatest Hits. Everyone has pretty much already posted what I want from the next album, my only suggestion would be to collaborate on a track with another timeless band (pennywise preferably) that'd kill.

Drummerguy123
02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Can't Repeat was put out to promote the Greatest Hits. Everyone has pretty much already posted what I want from the next album, my only suggestion would be to collaborate on a track with another timeless band (pennywise preferably) that'd kill.

Or with Green Day! lol. :rolleyes:

ugh. That would be terrible. *pukes*

Llamas
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't want them to collaborate with GD, but I would looooove to see them tour together. I'd pay $100 to see that show.

I really think it'd be awesome if they remastered the manic subsidal shit and made an album of it.

They also need to release a rarities and b-sides album... probably would have to be a 2-disc set. I'd buy that shit in a minute.

Slipdog2
02-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Or with Green Day! lol. :rolleyes:

ugh. That would be terrible. *pukes*

It wouldn't be terrible, it just wouldnt be popular. Or it'd be too popular which wouldnt be good

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
QUOTE:
"Can't Repeat was put out to promote the Greatest Hits."

Um...no shit, Chief.

;)

ImNoHero
02-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Dirty Magic should def be like a mini single, like before the album, have a real single and also dirty magic, that would be original and be first. Thank about it, after that a whole bunch of bands will wanna bring back an old song before they were known by the mass media and will thank THE OFFSPRING for having the balls to do it.!!!!!!!!!

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-17-2006, 01:11 AM
OMG! I just got an awesome idea! Imagine if they re-recorded "Hopeless" from their manic subsidal days! That would be sweet.

*praises Drummerguy123*

jrk247
02-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Make a 2 disk set! That would be awesome. No but, really just release a good album, I don't care how many songs just make good ones. It is better to have meaningful songs (like TKAA) then crap songs. Oh and let Noodle's write some songs. Maybe some he was writing during the Warped Tour.

Drummerguy123
02-17-2006, 05:48 AM
*praises Drummerguy123*

Why, thank you. *bows*

Come out and smash'em up!
02-17-2006, 06:17 AM
1.Short solos like million miles away,DUI and TKAA, kind of solos like nirvana has.

2Atleast 14 tracks with intro and last song with outro like pay the man or change the world

4.Catchy lyrics like pay the man

5.Atleast one badboy rock song like BAd habit,americana and Da hui

4.Some nice metal riffs that splinter had, like the noose or lightning rod.

Tapnshred
02-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Hey guys, I agree with most of you on the whole. I would love to see more stuff like on their self titled album and Ignition and with more of noodles' leads, but don't do it just for the sake of it but it would be nice to see more as I can't recall one on Splinter or CO1. Also maybe a longer album would be nice but again it's the quality of it, the new album shouldn't be filled with 15 songs if half of them are rushed.
I still thing lyric wise and structuraly they still have it so keep it consistent guys. That's all I can really think of at the moment.

PS. Do a huge ass tour afterwards and play more of the older stuff in your setlists like Jennifer Lost the War, Crossroads, Baghdad etc...

Bacterium
02-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Write a song about Holden Caulfield or something out of his perspective! That would be great since there already have been at least two songs that have referred to Salinger, in Get it Right "Like Holden Caulfield I tell myself there's got to be a better way", and in I Choose "Look at me I'm swollen like a bananafish now and I'm never gonna make it out my hole".

That would be sweet cause Holden is awesome!

And if there ain't gonna be a song about him, at least tell me what's up with the references that's already been done!

Llamas
02-17-2006, 07:08 AM
this is probably a really dumb question... but I've always wondered who holden caulfield was...

Fspring
02-17-2006, 09:06 AM
^^not so dumb, i wondered that too, because that guy is not a part from my culture, but here is some info on him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_caulfield

and they mention the offspring in it, so there ya go

ruroken
02-17-2006, 09:11 AM
They need to stop sucking so much. Plain and simple. And get rid of Dexter. That might help. A little bit...

Tiago
02-17-2006, 09:15 AM
^^not so dumb, i wondered that too, because that guy is not a part from my culture, but here is some info on him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_caulfield

and they mention the offspring in it, so there ya go

Not so dumb really, I also wondered that, thanks for the link, I`ll try to read The Catcher in the Rye ASAP.

Holden Caulfield was mentioned in lot of songs, the book should be good!

Taz
02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
gotta have another cameo by Jello Biafra.....

Jojan
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
My hope for the new album:

1. Many short fast songs with alot of nice Dexter yelling!
2. Bass intro (kinda like Bad Habit or Come Out Swinging)
3. No long guitar solos
4. Song solo parts (like Bad Habit)
5. No more songs about feeling alone if they're slow. (Million Miles Away and Long Way Home)
6. Hidden political messages is awesome for an 1337 band like The Offspeing.

Resume: Not so well done songs, go to you're roots.

Come out and smash'em up!
02-17-2006, 02:23 PM
And a double alnum would be nice, like fioo fighters in your honor. Other one old style punk and second one poppy,cathcy jokey songs, then there wouldn't be problems.

Hux
02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
And a double alnum would be nice, like fioo fighters in your honor. Other one old style punk and second one poppy,cathcy jokey songs, then there wouldn't be problems.
Yes, but then they would take twice as long to release it if they were to do a reasonable amount of songs on both cds.

Nounou
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I'd preferer a fuckin good single album than an average double one :)

Llamas
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
eww. if the offspring EVER did anything "like the foo fighters", I would cringe and possibly cry.

EDIT: they should only do a double album if they really WANT that. If they're gonna put themselves into it. I don't want another half assed CO1 or Splinter- you could tell they weren't really that happy with either. If they're gonna push out a double set and end up with the same feelings as those two, don't do it!!! But if they really want that and are gonna really go for it, I'd be in heaven.

Hux
02-17-2006, 02:57 PM
eww. if the offspring EVER did anything "like the foo fighters", I would cringe and possibly cry.
What are you trying to imply?

Venom Symbiote
02-17-2006, 09:44 PM
QUOTE:
"Write a song about Holden Caulfield or something out of his perspective!"

Yay, and further cement the Green Day/Offspring comparisons! Yay! :rolleyes:

QUOTE:
"Hidden political messages is awesome for an 1337 band like The Offspeing."

Please, just...stop talking. I mean, I think I still have a few braincells left that HAVEN'T been corrupted by your idiocy. In one sentence you've made me die a little inside. Many thanks.

QUOTE:
"And a double alnum would be nice, like fioo fighters in your honor."

You too. Never speak again. It'd be appreciated.

Where the hell is all this Foo Fighters support coming from? I mean, their first three albums kicked butt, but like...everything post-There Is Nothing Left To Lose? TRASH!

The sad and somewhat scary thing is, Dexter's a big fan of the guys. Supposedly. Which would give him grounds to actually listen to this idiotic idea.

No double album! It's so passe' now, I mean, if they're going to do a double album they might as well grow long black fringes, apply eyeliner and add a random day of the week and the word "funeral" to their name. "The Funeral of Wednesday's Offspring" or something. The kids would love it. :eek:

ForsakenProdigy
02-18-2006, 12:16 AM
NOTE TO DEXTER:::

Your fan base is clearly dwindling, plus IM TIRED, real F'N tired of hearing "the Offspring used to be good". I dont know what kind of interactions you have with fans or regular people, if they just gush and suck up or whatever and say "youre great", but -I can assure you- this sentiment of 'they -used- to be good' has been growing more and more every year (just look at the album sales for starters, zero exposure, less and less singles per album...ect) and it makes me sick because I know what youre capable of.
This mixture of poppy/oddball trash like original prankster, wdygaj, worst hangover ever to try and stay mainstream and mixing it with songs to please hardcore fans like lightning rod and long way home isnt winning over either side. Youre stuck in the middle and losing steam in the process.
--The mtv'ers are turned off by the hard songs and the hardcores are turned off by the mtv songs!--
One side wont buy an album if only half that album caters to what they want! (cept us super hardcore fans) ........Its time to pick a side for the next album, and I really hope youll come back to the side that put you guys on the map :cool:

Jojan
02-18-2006, 02:30 AM
No, that's not good. It takes longer time.

Great Mike
02-18-2006, 03:32 AM
My turn:

1. A funny short intro
2. The first proper song have to be strong, deep and original (like they did in Smash, Ixnay or Americana)
3. Lots of fast 3-4 minutes songs
4. Not a just-one-theme album
5. Raw songs
6. Dirty Magic, a cover, and just ONE pop song
7. More solos (drums, guitar, bass and even voice ones)
8. A little less yelling (I know that sometimes yelling sounds really good)
9. The original Hopeless as the hidden track

The Cinder
02-18-2006, 07:11 AM
1. No intro begin with a real song
2. no songs like: pretty fly, hit that or dirty magic.

I think a smash-sounding album would be great.

And please dont put dirty magic on the record.

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 09:13 AM
My turn:

9. The original Hopeless as the hidden track

I like the idea, but i think they should re-record Hopeless.

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 09:13 AM
And please dont put dirty magic on the record.

I just have one thing to say: Please die.

Mucho Macho
02-18-2006, 09:19 AM
An acoustik version of Gona Away!!!

And why not put the prophet Mohamed on the cover, are you guys punk or what?!

See ya,

ForsakenProdigy
02-18-2006, 09:58 AM
yes put muhhamed on the cover gettin a beating or something, forget the press you got for chinese democracy, thatd be crazy :)

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 10:11 AM
An acoustik version of Gona Away!!!

And why not put the prophet Mohamed on the cover, are you guys punk or what?!

See ya,

*cough* acoustic *cough*

killboypwrheadjx
02-18-2006, 10:47 AM
NOTE TO DEXTER:::

Your fan base is clearly dwindling, plus IM TIRED, real F'N tired of hearing "the Offspring used to be good". I dont know what kind of interactions you have with fans or regular people, if they just gush and suck up or whatever and say "youre great", but -I can assure you- this sentiment of 'they -used- to be good' has been growing more and more every year (just look at the album sales for starters, zero exposure, less and less singles per album...ect) and it makes me sick because I know what youre capable of.
This mixture of poppy/oddball trash like original prankster, wdygaj, worst hangover ever to try and stay mainstream and mixing it with songs to please hardcore fans like lightning rod and long way home isnt winning over either side. Youre stuck in the middle and losing steam in the process.
--The mtv'ers are turned off by the hard songs and the hardcores are turned off by the mtv songs!--
One side wont buy an album if only half that album caters to what they want! (cept us super hardcore fans) ........Its time to pick a side for the next album, and I really hope youll come back to the side that put you guys on the map :cool:

hahahahaha. kickass

killboypwrheadjx
02-18-2006, 10:48 AM
oh and can someone tell me where i can find this song "hopeless"? i thought i had pretty much every offspring/manic subsidal bootleg ever put on the internet. apparently not. hyperlink, anyone?

Rufus
02-18-2006, 10:53 AM
^^ bd007h has it in the link in his sig.

killboypwrheadjx
02-18-2006, 01:23 PM
thanks. haha but i dont see the band actually taking enough pride in this song to rerecord it.

Bacterium
02-19-2006, 08:39 AM
QUOTE:
"Write a song about Holden Caulfield or something out of his perspective!"

Yay, and further cement the Green Day/Offspring comparisons! Yay! :rolleyes:

yeah except green day's lyrics to that song sucks :eek: I think Dexter could do that a million times better! :D

Bryan_AVA
02-19-2006, 11:22 AM
have greg sing a song on the album please!