PDA

View Full Version : Complete Music Video Collection on UMD

Lars
02-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Whilst doing job related things, I stumbled upon this.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PSP&title=840541

DICKON
02-16-2006, 09:36 AM
so? its the DVD on PSP. wots out of the ordinary about that :confused:

Lars
02-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I guess you could say that. There'd be the obvious differences in file formatting and such but in essence it'd be the same I assume.

I just thought someone might want to know. Kids get excited about lots of Offspring things.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Really old news

0r4ng3
02-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Did that say it's coming out 13/03/06? As in, the third day of the month after December? Or is it backwards, and it's really coming out March 13th?

platinumpt
02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
That's the way we write dates in europe. Or on most of it. We write day/month/year.

Screamer1
02-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Did that say it's coming out 13/03/06? As in, the third day of the month after December? Or is it backwards, and it's really coming out March 13th?
WoW . . . .

icklebabygremlin
02-16-2006, 02:10 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20418

offspring_freak_3
02-16-2006, 02:11 PM
That's the way we write dates in europe. Or on most of it. We write day/month/year.

^^ not only in europen in south america too

i saw that a few moths ago, its really old news cause someone posted it

Lars
02-16-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20418
Haha, I did a search for umd as that is the medium its on but came up with nothing.

The date thing is terrible when you're dealing with data that's formatted for both the US and UK/Europe and you're then never sure which one is which way.

I prefer to have a formatting of yyyy-mm-dd as it works good in an archival format as everything will/would be sorted in year then month and day. Or for onsite dates I could be done with the month actually written out not in a number.

Hyper nova
02-18-2006, 04:23 PM

omg americans are so ignorant. Americans use the dumbest Date system anyway, Middle length date (mounth) then shortest (day) then longest (year), wtf cause that makes sense?

At least day/month/year has some sense but i believe that year/month/day is the better system cause if you alphabetise it, it will put the dates in the right order but the american systme is the dumbest ever.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-18-2006, 04:24 PM
I even knew that because I take a foreign language class. He might have been being a smartarse though.

Hyper nova
02-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Doesn't Change the fact the most Americans are big headed and thing that

The World = USA + insignificants

and that because they use some system everyone else Must as well.

When in fact theirs systems are often one of the least used. For example Imperial Measurements instead of Metric (which is part of the SI unit system) , Dates etc.

It's even evident in films like when they use telephone numbers that start with 555 for legal reasons because they are worried that people will try and ring those numbers, they forget/ignorant enough to the fact that the rest of the world might actually have legitimate telephone numbers starting with 555.

Also They believe that sports like American Football or baseball are the largest sports in the world when in fact they are probably some of the least played sports. And Americans were big headed enough to name their major baseball tournament the 'World' Series where the have teams from 1 country, oh sorry 2 i forgot the odd Canadian team any how what ever happened to World event involving the WHOLE world like the Football (soccer - ewww) World Cup.

Anyway think I've made my point that Americans are often very ignorant about the rest of the world and believe that there way i s best when often its the least employed.

Can you really blame some of the Islamic nations wanting to blow the crap out of them (not that i condone any terrorist action).

That's why its nice to know that the Offspring actually understands this with songs like Kill the President and Tehran/Bahgdad.

Don't get me Wrong i don't hate America, i hate the American attitude. I Have an American mother and there for dual nationality and i know that not every American is as i have described and it is a bit of a stereotype but we all see this attitude everyday, and a big testament to this is the fact that A person like George W. Bush was Re-elected into office.

ANy how sorry its off topic and Rant over ill just leave you with this that is just as valid today as when it was written and will probably remain so for a long time.

"America, all your enemies come from within,
But you lash out so it is seen
Like some frightened child in an angry world
Or the fall of Rome
Your demise comes from your own
Your own hands!"