PDA

View Full Version : You know how you post?

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 10:20 PM
You know how it is you feel when you make a thread (note: doesn't apply to posts) and you sort of already know the audience that is most probable to read it, and you can phantom their most likely reaction based on elements from the past that showed you how they are most likely to react, so you feel tempted to narrow and style the thread after what do you think the audience sort of tends to like more; because you care not to be missunderstood (unless you're doing this intentionally).

Also you know how hard it is to describe for print a reaction or a type of a thing you would imagine yourself saying in the real world; and then translate this visual reaction into a print form in a tangible mood.

Also note how hard it is to write a post when multiple words bare a same meaning and so you're forced to play with your vocabulary in such a way that this post shall be interpreted in the most correct way. You like... force yourself ahead of time to find the right combination of words that you can string in a sentance. And then re-read it, sometimes more than once, to assert that this was indeed performed.

Also repeat every paragraph orally in a inquiring form, and take into consideration that the third and the fourth may or not be sorted.

And urgh I hate a title that stands out in the titles page. It has to fit. It almost has to be at least nimbly aesthetic.

Linda
02-16-2006, 10:29 PM
And your point is.........

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
And then there are the replies that you curb form existing in your head.

Preocupado
02-16-2006, 10:49 PM
That sounds like my paranoia. Oh and try to translate everything you want to share into a foreign lenguage all the time.

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Dude I speak four languages. Trust me I know.

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey Preocupado, how jiu jitsu is popular in your area among the youth people? Is it the de-facto martial arts yet? Do a lot of youths practice it?

They brought it to my dojo recently, and I hear it's somewhat spreading around Canada.

Preocupado
02-16-2006, 11:20 PM
It's like a fever. The schools won't stop popping up all over. It became somewhat like a trend among the rich kids, but it's no candy. I've only seen the biggest guys above 20 years old make a good use of it because it demands some tough body constitution. A 17 year old tried to fight me (i only fight Tae Kwon Do) and got his ass wopped really bad, even when i let it go to the ground, wich they claim to be the best at. It's seriously ass kicking if you're tough, though.

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Well yeah, if you go on the ground you have to know how to immobilise and restrain a person and control your weight so he doesn't just throw you over or punches you out. That's why the grapling practices don't stand effictively on their own in the first period of time. But i've sparred with jiu jitsu and judo opponents a bit and watched enough UFC and K-1 and mixed martial arts competitions to see that if someone wants to take you down on the floor, he will, so if you want to participate in all-around competitions, you have to learn to fight on the ground too or else his knowledge of grappling alone will trump your stand-up fighting.

And is there a big gap between rich-kids and regulars in Brazil?

Not Ozymandias
02-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Is this supposed to be Seinfeldesque observational humor? If so, I'd advise you to stick to airline food jokes.

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 11:43 PM
I'll break one Jewish stereotype today when i'll say I haven't watched more than two or three Seinfeld episodes (or any of his stand up routines). Not enough to spot it a style.

sKratch
02-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Dude did you go to that kid's house and smoke a lot again?

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 11:51 PM
:D:D:D:D

Nah, home delivery.

Preocupado
02-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Yes the only thing i know about fighting on the ground is from childhood fights with my brother, wich is basically pulling limbs all around as strong as i can heh. Tae kwon do only teaches punching, kicking and defense from punching and kicking.

And the gap is like.. it's just about the quality of things their parents can afford, such as the year's popular car, weekend trips, clothing, drinking shitty expensive breezers, and so on.. But in terms of relationships you can't really feel a gap between middle class and high class kids. It's just the poor kids that don't usually get invited into their groups. Y'know, it's an easy country to meet new people.

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Wait wait wait, observational humour is like in that camionero episode when Krusty did stand-up comedy?

Aaaaaaaaach so.

HornyPope
02-16-2006, 11:58 PM
And the gap is like.. it's just about the quality of things their parents can afford, such as the year's popular car, weekend trips, clothing, drinking shitty expensive breezers, and so on.. But in terms of relationships you can't really feel a gap between middle class and high class kids. It's just the poor kids that don't usually get invited into their groups. Y'know, it's an easy country to meet new people.

Ah, it's a lot like Eastern Europe then.

Preocupado
02-17-2006, 12:02 AM
well... i don't know.

HornyPope
02-17-2006, 12:03 AM
It's okay. I do.

Mota Boy
02-17-2006, 12:04 AM
You know how it is you feel when you make a thread (note: doesn't apply to posts) and you sort of already know the audience that is most probable to read it, and you can phantom their most likely reaction based on elements from the past that showed you how they are most likely to react, so you feel tempted to narrow and style the thread after what do you think the audience sort of tends to like more; because you care not to be missunderstood (unless you're doing this intentionally).
I don't really tailor my posts to a particular audience. Sometimes I'll type of a thread and won't like it so (after spending fifteen minutes on the bastard) I'll just ditch :rolleyes: it. Then give it another go later and see if I like how the idea flows/gels that time. And if it fails again, then I may try again if I think it's worth it or I may just move on. But I make those decisions on whether or not I personally like it. I write my personal observations and opinions solely to amuse myself (just search for "Mota Boy's Thought of the Day" - you'll find that some spawn discussions while some go nowhere. However, I like all my thoughts. If people don't "get" or can't identify with them, then it's their loss) . I stick around here not because other people like what I have to say, but because I'm immensely entertained by a multitude of other posters on this board. If they like what I say, then that's just a symptom of their inherent awesomeness. :cool:

HornyPope
02-17-2006, 12:10 AM
It's not that I worry to be missunderstood or not appriciated, I just recognise the board for a mean to communicate beyond writing solo entires in a personal journal; and so I am subconsciously pressured to tail my posts and re-edit to fit better the content. And in that, I communicate with others. Well duh.

Sort of like you deleted with an edit your reply in politics few nights back for only me and Sim to see. See, it was targeted.

But I can totaly relate on the typing out a post half way and then deleting it--or leaving it for later. Did you know procrastination is now treated in the same fashion as ADD. Hah.

Not Ozymandias
02-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I'll break one Jewish stereotype today when i'll say I haven't watched more than two or three Seinfeld episodes (or any of his stand up routines). Not enough to spot it a style.
!!

You do get an erection when you walk or drive by banks, though, right?

Mota Boy
02-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Sort of like you deleted with an edit your reply in politics few nights back for only me and Sim to see. See, it was targeted.
Well, the thing is I never proofread my posts, and I make the occasionaly grammer/spellings error (though not always intentional), which I correct upon skimming the message I've just posted... and it irks me to see "Message edited by Mota Boy" under an otherwise-immaculate post just because I went back and corrected a "teh".

Tizzalicious
02-17-2006, 12:19 AM
I never really think about that. I have a really hard time writing down what I mean//feel//think though, this is also the main reason I hardly ever post in politics. It's not that I don't have opinions, I just don't know how to put them into words. Which is pretty annoying. I just suck at explaining things. I keep repeating the same thing in different words, and in the end I still didn't get my point across.

HornyPope
02-17-2006, 12:30 AM
!!

I'll rebut with a mindless joke.

A Jewish kid runs to the Rabbi to ask him if taking a shit is menial labour or intelectual labour. The rabbi thinks and replies: "well look, if it was a manual labour, we'd have already paid someone else to do it for us".

Thank you, i'll be here the whole week.

HornyPope
02-17-2006, 12:52 AM
I never really think about that. I have a really hard time writing down what I mean//feel//think though, this is also the main reason I hardly ever post in politics. It's not that I don't have opinions, I just don't know how to put them into words. Which is pretty annoying. I just suck at explaining things. I keep repeating the same thing in different words, and in the end I still didn't get my point across.

Uhhh... Say what?

Tizzalicious
02-17-2006, 01:04 AM
You suck.

HornyPope
02-17-2006, 01:09 AM
[03:08] Izie: haha, so remember the Tizzpwn a few days ago?
[03:08] Izie: well... now it's even :p

Tizzalicious
02-17-2006, 02:24 AM
I hate Iz :(

Izie
02-17-2006, 02:43 AM
So now it's MY fault?

You're the one that can't post.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 04:23 AM
hard it is to write a post when multiple words bare a same meaning and so you're forced to play with your vocabulary in such a way that this post shall be interpreted in the most correct way.

Yes I always don't know how expres what I feel.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 04:40 AM
That sounds like my paranoia. Oh and try to translate everything you want to share into a foreign lenguage all the time.

I speak four (fluently, at least) but I never ever have to translate. It kills the flow of ideas. Words are slightly different in all languages although they seemingly mean the same.

And whenever I write, I always know my audience.

Sin Studly
02-17-2006, 04:46 AM

Yeah, and breaks his nose when he walks into the wall, etc. etc.

Dead Poetic
02-17-2006, 11:34 AM

Also you know how hard it is to describe for print a reaction or a type of a thing you would imagine yourself saying in the real world; and then translate this visual reaction into a print form in a tangible mood.

Also note how hard it is to write a post when multiple words bare a same meaning and so you're forced to play with your vocabulary in such a way that this post shall be interpreted in the most correct way. You like... force yourself ahead of time to find the right combination of words that you can string in a sentance. And then re-read it, sometimes more than once, to assert that this was indeed performed.

Also repeat every paragraph orally in a inquiring form, and take into consideration that the third and the fourth may or not be sorted.

And urgh I hate a title that stands out in the titles page. It has to fit. It almost has to be at least nimbly aesthetic.

no......I like having a life

WebDudette
02-17-2006, 11:47 AM

That's exactly how I feel sometimes. It annoys the living hell out of me.

HornyPope
02-17-2006, 11:52 AM
That's exactly how I feel sometimes. It annoys the living hell out of me.

That's an issue for most of us. The trick is persistance, and eventually the continous practice will pay of. You'll find the style you're more comfortable expressing yourself with.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 12:14 PM
no......I like having a life

Weakest argument online.

0r4ng3
02-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Weakest argument online.
ur FACE is teh weakest argument onlien!!!

lolz amirite?!

JohnnyNemesis
02-17-2006, 01:37 PM
u r so rite.

BREAK
02-17-2006, 09:14 PM
I find it tends to ruin the whole thread-starting idea to overthink it to death. Words can have more of an impact when they're raw and unfettered by ponderous deliberation. Besides, in real life you don't get to keep reorganizing your thoughts until it comes out the way you want it to; you gotta shoot from the hip. The hell with the audience, they'll eat it up either way.