PDA

View Full Version : What is it? Lie

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Uhh, I just came home from school. And I'm very angry. Well the story is that: there is a teachers granddaughter in my class, and as you understand she has perfect marks on Russian 'cause her granny is teacher of russian but girl really do know nothing! Ok, that's not a big problem, I can't say that she is a good person to associate and nobody in my class likes her. She wanted to have a good school-leaving certificate but failed last exam, so she won't get it:). Yes, we were very happy. But now we understood that all is not so simple. Her granny start to humiliate us. Today she invited perents of our good students to talk to. And said them that they spoil her lessons, don't bring books and don't respect her! Yes 1-2 times it was that we all laughted a lot(all class not one person). But why she tell real lie? Why she accuse us?

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 03:26 AM
That sounds very Eastern European. Happens a lot over here.

Anyways, my Mum was a school teacher and she was my teacher for three years even. But she's a real pro and was always fair and punished me in front of the class just like the other students, whenever I deserved it. My parents just know discipline.

arak0r
02-17-2006, 03:28 AM
i just hope you didnt wish for them to die

grunge
02-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Because my friend It is Russia and it's russian school. In my school the same things happen

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Sim I think that it's interesting to talk with you and I think that when your parents teach it's not bad, but when she has good marks and bad knowlege it's not right. And everybody see that. And when she came in class and say that she is the best student and she can't understand how we can study with her. I don't like that. And why her grany tell lie? Before I like her not so much, but now I hate her! I'm still angry!

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 03:40 AM
Because my friend It is Russia and it's russian school. In my school the same things happen
If such things have happened in your school why you made an accent on that thing that I study in russian school?

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 03:42 AM
I know and understand. But that's life for you. Many unfair things happen, many people are in advantage who don't deserve it at all. Just because they have connections, just because their parents are rich or for whatever reason. It happens, and it'll happen a lot more once you're out of school.

Sin Studly
02-17-2006, 03:44 AM
All slavics lie. It's second nature to them.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 03:46 AM
Yes I know it's pity. But that's life. Life is a problem to solve problems mean to live. But I'm very angry! But I have to study only till June, then we all will live school, I wish it would come sooner...

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 03:46 AM
All slavics lie. It's second nature to them.

Yes, Yes I knew that after talking with you!

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Yes I know it's pity. But that's life. Life is a problem to solve problems mean to live. But I'm very angry! But I have to study only till June, then we all will live school, I wish it would come sooner...

What are your plans afterwards?

grunge
02-17-2006, 03:55 AM
Rocky-girl go and drink some alcohol. and you problems will go away. Короче, надо выпить и расслабиться. Мне помогает ;)

Sin Studly
02-17-2006, 03:58 AM
^ the Slavic answer to all of lifes ills.

If only we real humans could be as simplistic and stupid as the common slav, we'd be a lot happier.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 03:58 AM
I think I will go to uni, really I don't know for sure what profession I want to get but I think it'll be engineer. And who are you? I think you have ended school.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 04:03 AM
I think I will go to uni, really I don't know for sure what profession I want to get but I think it'll be engineer. And who are you? I think you have ended school.

Nice. Make sure you make a good choice or you'll just be wasting time.

I'm a language instructor.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 04:06 AM
Rocky-girl go and drink some alcohol. and you problems will go away. Короче, надо выпить и расслабиться. Мне помогает ;)

Ага точняк, пора, чувствую чего-то не хватает! Ты прав тем более сегодня пятница! Thanks!

^ the Slavic answer to all of lifes ills.

If only we real humans could be as simplistic and stupid as the common slav, we'd be a lot happier.
Yes, do you envy or want to drink? I think real humans at first must be more pation. And the second I thought that all real humans are happy:)

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 04:10 AM
Nice. Make sure you make a good choice or you'll just be wasting time.

I'm a language instructor.

Is it to teach? I think I didn't get it. My problem is in that I don't choose the science I really interested in. I like English but I don't like Russian, I like Maths but I don't like Phisics. That's my problem. And I want to enter uni with good maths but I don't know it as well, so now I must learn it.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 04:18 AM
If you choose, choose something you can imagine being tortured with for 4-5 years at university so it should be something fun and easy to you. We all know Eastern Euro unis treat their students like the last piece of shit and give you impossible amounts to study. And the second factor is, pick something you can see yourself doing after you graduate.

Yes, it's teaching.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Thanks, so I'll go to study Maths.
So you teach peoples English? Slovac-English? You know for me Slovac seems so cute and funny. I really don't know why. I think if you understand Russian it seems to you funny too.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 04:41 AM
I teach German and English. I know what you mean. I used to sit and drink with Russians and Poles and compare the languages and we were giggling so much.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 04:44 AM
Geman, I start to learn it but that I had to switch on Maths. It's rather like English. I can't pronounce their "R":)

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 04:47 AM
The "r" is trainable but people just don't do it. And it is kind of hard to acquire if you speak a Slavic language. I managed, now it seems very unnatural to me to speak without it.

Paint_It_Black
02-17-2006, 04:51 AM
Rocky-girl really is so fucking adorable.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 04:51 AM
I remembered how long I learnt their "exuse me, please" I can't write it here because I don't remember how it's written. Now when I remember it I start to laught!

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 04:55 AM
Rocky-girl really is so fucking adorable.
Thank you,Paint_It_Black, do you feel better?
Thank you Simona only because of you I start to feel better now(not angry and sad)

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 04:56 AM
No problem. All you need is to occupy your mind with something else. Is it warmer yet in Russia? A friend mailed me it was supposed to get better.

Paint_It_Black
02-17-2006, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I'm feeling much better, thanks.

And if I could think of a way to make you feel better, I would.

Sin Studly
02-17-2006, 05:00 AM
The "r" is trainable but people just don't do it. And it is kind of hard to acquire if you speak a Slavic language. I managed, now it seems very unnatural to me to speak without it.

The fuck? Then why are you making me learn to say kurva with the "r"?

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:02 AM
The fuck? Then why are you making me learn to say kurva with the "r"?

German has five types of "r". The Slavic "r" is kinda one of them. But there's another one the Slavs can't do. It resembles the French one a tiny little.

Whatever. Point remains, you will say kurva.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Thank you. Yes today it much warmer - it's snowing, and right now sun shine. All is Ok, And what about you?
All you could do you did, I feel much better as I can. Today is Friday what are you gonna to do?

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:05 AM
I'm staying home drinking my wine and then go to bed early. Tired after the whole week.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:11 AM
interruption & objection. can the germans really say our french r? I highly doubt it, every time it seems like they're rasping their whole palate off.

Trainable, I'd say. It takes a lot to get it right in different languages because your vocal chords and everything are not used to it. The "r" is a curse among all consonants.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Well, and I have holidays but I think that I gonna study at night and walk at day...Tomorrow Maths and Russian. Drink? Good idea. So I invite my friend:)

Yes I think Sim is right about that some german "R" pronounse some kind of french if you want to know it for sure it a good reason to start to learn German!

Paint_It_Black
02-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Surely anything is trainable. It becomes a question of what is worth the effort.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:13 AM
Surely anything is trainable. It becomes a question of what is worth the effort.

Not being recognised as a foreigner? That's quite the victory.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:16 AM
I agree. It's always best when it's natural and when you're in the environment. Better acquired than learnt or trained.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 05:20 AM
But not everybody has a natural accent.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:21 AM
Not everybody is talented enough to have no accent.

Paint_It_Black
02-17-2006, 05:22 AM
Not being recognised as a foreigner? That's quite the victory.

Indeed. That took me some time to accomplish, and I'm an English guy living in America. My situation must be one of the absolute easiest, yet it was still difficult. The accent was actually much easier to pick up than remembering the correct vocabulary and phrases.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:23 AM
I would believe it. It's language. One of the most dynamic things on Earth.

Paint_It_Black
02-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Not everybody is talented enough to have no accent.

How is it possible to have no accent?

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:25 AM
How is it possible to have no accent?

Your own accent, as in the accent of your native language being heard in a foreign language. Accentfree speech.

Sin Studly
02-17-2006, 05:33 AM
fenton-ugly

Heaven hath no rage like that of love to hatr'd turn'd
And Hell nary a fury like that of a woman scorn'd

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Your own accent, as in the accent of your native language being heard in a foreign language. Accentfree speech.
Please rephrase, I didn't get it.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Please rephrase, I didn't get it.

When you speak English, they're still going to hear you are from Russia because of the way you pronounce English. If they can't hear it and think you're from England or wherever, your English has not an accent.

Sin Studly
02-17-2006, 05:37 AM
a) You are dog-ugly.

b) You didn't "avenge yourself". Avenging yourself would entail making me fall in love with you, playing with my heart, then smashing it cruelly... six or seven times.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Thanks. I remember my english teacher she made us to read and speak with right english intonation. That was awful, but since that time I like english.

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 05:57 AM
What's your conclusion? I did not quite get what you're aiming at. The fact that it's different for everyone is obvious.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Simona I think that's her conclusion: "I'm not dog-ugly, but you're still a fenton."

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 06:05 AM
You pretty much can have them. It depends. Most people don't manage. I pick up the accents of the city I'm in real fast. I got mistaken for a native Berliner dozens of times.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Yes, that's right. But it's hard to have no accent. I think one can speak without without accent in one place but in the other he can't. For example English: you could have Britosh accent but in America you'll have it. It's all hard.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 06:17 AM
I've heard that in French many letters in word are unreadable. But every letter has it own sound?

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 06:31 AM
I told that in Russia every letter has it own sound(may be becuse of it there are many letters) And all letters you must read. Under word unreadable I ment uhh... see word parliament it's pronounsed like [pa:lement] letters "r" and "i" aren't pronounsed.

grunge
02-17-2006, 07:47 AM
You change topic very fast. If i right the topic was " What is lie? " But now you're talking about different languages. You are some inconstant. :)

the_GoDdEsS
02-17-2006, 07:48 AM
I guess that's how conversation evolves sometimes.

Rocky-girl
02-17-2006, 09:11 AM
You change topic very fast. If i right the topic was " What is lie? " But now you're talking about different languages. You are some inconstant. :)
No you're not right if you were a more attentive you would know that topic is "What is it? Lie" I told you not about lei I didn't ask you I just was angry and need your help.
Do you like today weather?