PDA

View Full Version : happy pills, sleepy pills, laxie pills, PILLS!

greencows12
12-08-2004, 07:01 PM
So, what pills have you took?

happy pills?
sad liquid?
sleepy candy?
laxative!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Doesn't it seemed you get medicine for stuff you don't have by doctors more and more today?

Has this happened to any of you?
lol:D

Linda
12-08-2004, 07:14 PM
No, I only take medicine I need, when I need it.

the_GoDdEsS
12-08-2004, 10:39 PM

happy pills?
sad liquid?
sleepy candy?
laxative!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Doesn't it seemed you get medicine for stuff you don't have by doctors more and more today?

That's the Western type of thing. Go to your doc and stuff yourself with pills. Pffft, you're all so lame.

UgLy_eLf
12-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Laxatives 6 times a day, I never leave the shitter.

Italia311
12-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Whatever happend to soaking your feet in water? Sheesh...

UgLy_eLf
12-09-2004, 12:15 AM
And a warm glass of cow juice to put you to sleep MmmM

Linda
12-09-2004, 12:57 AM
That's the Western type of thing. Go to your doc and stuff yourself with pills. Pffft, you're all so lame.

You're lame for changing your post.

Faded Soul
12-09-2004, 01:00 AM
And a warm glass of cow juice to put you to sleep MmmM

no no it's called, moo juice :p

JoY
12-09-2004, 08:18 AM
actually.. I'm what you could call a walking chemical factory. I've taken every goddam medicine, that's out there, simply because I used to be sick (physically..) a LOT.

my dad's a doc, so he always prescribed them. no biggy, it all went quite easily. but since my mom was a big fan of homeopathy, she always used to stuff me with that on top. there've been times, that I took about 37 pills a day. I never quite understood the whole point of it, especially because thanks to the antibiotics I only became sicker & sicker & my entire immune system went to utter shit, but now I study medicine myself, I know that I would've needed rather drastic lungoperations, if my dad hadn't tried every antibiotics on me, he could think of. also I would've died from meningitis without them, so I guess now I'm rather thankful.

being used to pills, I've been 'addicted' to painkillers for a while. I took 7-9 a day. kicking the habbit was quite a painful experience. these days I don't care what the fuck I'm feeling, I'm not taking any pills unless it's really necessary. even when I broke my leg; I was allowed to take three Diclofenacs a day (extremely strong painkillers), but most of the times I didn't take one at all. (when I did take one, I drank four beers & ended up vomiting & passing out all the time. haha, remember kids; alcohol & medicines don't mix) after a lot of whining from my parents, I did give myself the Fraxiparine shots (subcutane, not too bad), because I'd risk trombosis otherwise. god, I hated them & the blue marks they left, if I'd hit a vein.

Inshane
12-09-2004, 08:47 AM
I hate medicines. Normal painkillers don't seem to help, and even stronger ones did not influence my pain at all.

I used real strong sleeping pills for a while though . (not every day cause you'll get addicted to them if u use them all the time.)
I started using them because I didnt sleep at all, I used them for having *some* energy . But instead I couldnt do anything. but sleep.
First I didnt want to stop taking them (I did take them every day), just for the fact I wanted to sleep forever. and not wake up.
But I got these fucked up head aches after a while and.. well people started noticing I wasnt taking them for just sleep. So I was forced to slowly stop taking those damn pills. and I hate them now. How they could numb me out was so freaking scary, well so freaking nice at the time. Im glad I hardly ever use them anymore.

nieh
12-09-2004, 08:53 AM
44% of Americans are on at least one perscription drug at a time, and 1 in 6 are on at least 3 at a time. I, however, am clean (except for caffeine, but that's not even a perscription).

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2004/12/08/notes120804.DTL&nl=fix

JoY
12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
I'd take a wild guess which pills they were, but I can't remember the name of the sleeping medication I'm thinking of. my mom has used them, too, & we gave them to the sleepless (& patients with stress problems) in the hospital.

JoY
12-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Nina, here's some info on tranquillizers. they may have been the entire cause of your slightly depressed state of being. it also explains why you had headaches;

http://home.wanadoo.nl/politie/verslaving/tranquillizers/

wliethof
12-09-2004, 09:14 AM
I dislike pills. Very much. I will only take them if I feel really bad. I'm not ill that much anyways

JoY
12-09-2004, 09:26 AM
I'd take a wild guess which pills they were, but I can't remember the name of the sleeping medication I'm thinking of. my mom has used them, too, & we gave them to the sleepless (& patients with stress problems) in the hospital.
oooh, I'm getting close here, somewhere deep in my memory.
did they, by any chance, have a name ending with -azepam? then it could be either Oxazepam, or Diazepam (those are fairly often prescribed in the Netherlands). or was it Xanax? where do I remember that one from?? with the symptoms you got from them, I'm almost certain they must've been Benzodiazepines. (certain chemical in tranquillizers)

anyway.. I can't remember what we gave patients in the hospital, though I'm thinking that's most likely the kind you took.

Inshane
12-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Im sorry for the late reply I was studying biology. yay.

It was a high doses of Temazepam, but I got different kinds of sleepingpills.
I think I got some other first (don't remember what they were called).. and then Temazepam.

JoY
12-09-2004, 09:43 AM
yeah, that makes sense. somehow, in a real strange way, I'm glad I guessed the "-azepam" part right & the Benzodiazepines. not that this is of any use in my first year of my studies in any way, but it's just.. nice in a disturbing way to 'know' these little facts.

glad you stopped yourself from making a habbit out of them. sleeping pills can be fuckingly nasty.

the_GoDdEsS
12-09-2004, 11:17 AM
being used to pills, I've been 'addicted' to painkillers for a while. I took 7-9 a day. kicking the habbit was quite a painful experience. these days I don't care what the fuck I'm feeling, I'm not taking any pills unless it's really necessary. even when I broke my leg; I was allowed to take three Diclofenacs a day (extremely strong painkillers), but most of the times I didn't take one at all. (when I did take one, I drank four beers & ended up vomiting & passing out all the time. haha, remember kids; alcohol & medicines don't mix) after a lot of whining from my parents, I did give myself the Fraxiparine shots (subcutane, not too bad), because I'd risk trombosis otherwise. god, I hated them & the blue marks they left, if I'd hit a vein.

Uh-oh, I'm on Swiss Diclofenacs.
I've been on benzos only once. I think they're fucked up.
I hate pills, I hate, hate them.

And Linda I only changed it because I didn't wanna include painkillers in the end.

JoY
12-09-2004, 12:10 PM
hmm, here's some info on it. it's quite heavy stuff. http://www.drugs.com/diclofenac.html
I only took an extra dose a the time, because me & my broken leg wanted to go out to dance. *giggle* yeah, broken legs do really hurt. :/
under normal conditions it's definitely not good to take it. it's not really for the regular headache, but I think you must have quite a good reason to be on the stuff.

Edit: haha, I was in a bit of a hurry, because I had to go to a rehearsel with the band & when I went out the door & locked it behind me, I suddenly realised I hadn't added the actual link.

Betty
12-09-2004, 12:18 PM
44% of Americans are on at least one perscription drug at a time, and 1 in 6 are on at least 3 at a time.

For younger women, I'd bet a whole lot are on some form of birth control. And old people are on a million and one things. So those numbers don't seem too high.

Personally, I avoid drugs (antibiotic type) and doctors as much as possible. Haven't taken antibiotics since I was too young to remember, in which case it was probably for an ear infection or something. I could totally see getting addicted to painkillers/sleeping pills though so I'm going to try and avoid those. Basically all I take is Advil.

Linda
12-10-2004, 12:13 AM
I have a bunch of ambien that expires april and may of next year. Want them?

nieh
12-10-2004, 07:29 AM
For younger women, I'd bet a whole lot are on some form of birth control. And old people are on a million and one things. So those numbers don't seem too high.

Personally, I avoid drugs (antibiotic type) and doctors as much as possible. Haven't taken antibiotics since I was too young to remember, in which case it was probably for an ear infection or something. I could totally see getting addicted to painkillers/sleeping pills though so I'm going to try and avoid those. Basically all I take is Advil.

that's true about the birth control + old people thing, but I don't think that would add up to anywhere near 44%. Also, 1 in 4 teenagers are on some sort of perscription drug. That's quite a bit and I'm willing to bet about half of them are the mood altering-sort.

JoY
12-10-2004, 07:38 AM
I went on birthcontrol in my teen years, because my periodcycle was really messy & because... well it's birthcontrol. I know many, MANY girls who started taking the pill in their teenage girls. let's not forget 18 year olds are also teenagers & that group of teens uses completely different drugs, than the category of 16 year olds, who are just struggling with puberty.

Kitten
12-10-2004, 07:40 AM
I don't like taking pills for anything. If I have a headache, if at all possible I will settle down somewhere to sleep it off.
Doctors over here are too quick to have you on tablets or medications of some sort, and half the time (at least for me) they are ineffective. Plus the fact that if I injure myself and need painkillers, the strongest they can put me on is panadeine forte, which has codeine in it. The sucky thing is, I am allergic to codeine, so when I tell them that, they tell me to take a couple of panadol.

Linda
12-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Isn't that estrogen? Menopause already, you old shrivelled hag?

Thought you were such a great drug expert?!
They're sleeping pills, idiot! :rolleyes:

the_GoDdEsS
12-10-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't like taking pills for anything. If I have a headache, if at all possible I will settle down somewhere to sleep it off.
Doctors over here are too quick to have you on tablets or medications of some sort, and half the time (at least for me) they are ineffective. Plus the fact that if I injure myself and need painkillers, the strongest they can put me on is panadeine forte, which has codeine in it. The sucky thing is, I am allergic to codeine, so when I tell them that, they tell me to take a couple of panadol.

Panadol is shit. It's like candy for me. I've developped a pretty strong tolerance to painkillers and now they don't help shit against headaches. I don't take any against headaches. There many more effective ways how to get rid of headaches than drugs.

Linda
12-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Why the hell would I know American brand names?

Thought you knew everything?! :rolleyes:

Sunny
12-10-2004, 09:09 PM
ambien is highly addictive, or so i heard..

anyways. my pill intake is limited to vitamins, nutritional supplements and the occassional tylenol or two. or advil migraine. ;/

DUKESTER76
12-11-2004, 12:31 AM

i did my ridealong yesterday and yeah that it pretty much true bout old people. all i dealt with was old people and they were either all druged up or had like a big list of meds for their problems
i myself dont really like taking pills, but if i just cant the pain anymore i will pop something just to help.

JoY
12-11-2004, 08:37 AM
http://www.benzo.org.uk/images/sm154.gif

Linda
12-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Yes, my superior intellect sometimes gives off that impression. But only an idiot would think anybody can know everything.

Then looks like you're an idiot.

offsprung
12-11-2004, 10:46 AM

happy pills?
sad liquid?
sleepy candy?
laxative!!!!!!!!!!!!?

happy, sad, sleepy

JoY
12-11-2004, 10:56 AM
it's impossible to miss the endless puns made towards doctors here.
they prescibe so much these days, because for about everything & anything there's a possible chemical solution. they *should* be able to ASSUME, that anyone who comes to them, must have a good reason to be in their waiting room. they try to help the people, that come to them, by prescribing that what possibly solves their problem in the only way that SHOULD be left, if you visit a doctor; the chemical way. you're a very dumb & stupid cookie, if you go to a doc with for instance a sleeping problem, & expect him to advice you to drink warm milk before you go to bed.

fact #1: not only do there now exist more pills then ever before, also a LOT more people visit doctors, also for problems people would've stayed at home with back in the days.

fact #2: the pharma industry has simply tried to keep up with the wishes of human kind.

fact #3: if you go to a doctor, the reason better be good goddammit. otherwise you're only a waste of his/her precious time, he/she could've spent on someone with an actual problem. docs are busy enough for god's sake.

Fact #4: they only try to do their best to help you with the issues you present to them. they won't come at your door & force pills on you. (only in my case, when you're dad's a doc)

Nina
12-11-2004, 11:13 AM
I dislike pills. Very much. I will only take them if I feel really bad. I'm not ill that much anyways

that could completely be from me!
i feel exactly the same. my immune system is amazing.
the only thing that bothers me (and which i need
painkillers for) are my stupid girl problems. blah.