PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring, push yourself!!

Dutch fan
02-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Dexter,

I don't know if you will EVER read this, but I saw your journal so I thought I'd check in.
For the upcoming album you need to push yourself beyond your limits.
I am a hardcore fan of The Offspring, but the last two years I have been a litte bit dessapointed by you guys. The tour had less energy, it looked like a routine, but you probably felt that yourself too...
Splinter had some good songs on it, but was to 'joky' and too short. And don't try to use difficult words, just because there difficult.
This is NOT critisism, cause I still think you guys rock, but I'm just telling what everybody's afraid to tell.
BE YOURSELF, listen to your fans, but do your own thing, put as much as emotion in the album as you can. Don't let time be a bad thing, perfectionase the album! Don't make a punk opera, please. Do a NEW, GOOD thing.
Go beyond your limits, I have faith in all 4 of you, 'You can do it!'

Greetz,
Your nr. 1 fan in Holland,
Sander

Ninty Man
02-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey Dexter,

I don't know if you will EVER read this, but I saw your journal so I thought I'd check in.
For the upcoming album you need to push yourself beyond your limits.
I am a hardcore fan of The Offspring, but the last two years I have been a litte bit dessapointed by you guys. The tour had less energy, it looked like a routine, but you probably felt that yourself too...
Splinter had some good songs on it, but was to 'joky' and too short. And don't try to use difficult words, just because there difficult.
This is NOT critisism, cause I still think you guys rock, but I'm just telling what everybody's afraid to tell.
BE YOURSELF, listen to your fans, but do your own thing, put as much as emotion in the album as you can. Don't let time be a bad thing, perfectionase the album! Don't make a punk opera, please. Do a NEW, GOOD thing.
Go beyond your limits, I have faith in all 4 of you, 'You can do it!'

Greetz,
Your nr. 1 fan in Holland,
Sander

WTF???

Be a little bit more original

I say it and repeat it.

THEY HAVE BEEN THEMSELVES IN ALL THEIR ALBUMS, AND MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM

Offspring-Fanatic
02-17-2006, 08:45 PM
that dude just said...the same thing everyone else has said a million times before.

then again, he's a newbie. maybe we should try to be easier on him. but not for long. as soon as he's a senior member, i guess thats when the redicule starts if he keeps this up.

Sinister
02-17-2006, 08:47 PM
makes sense, about 90% of people here are SM's because the post count bar is very low.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-17-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't really want The Offspring to be that popular and gain a ton of other fans. I don't like bands that become too popular. I want Offspring to be successful and sell alot of records and gain more fans but not too much MTV play and etc.

Offspring-Fanatic
02-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I feel the same way. And that way about A7X too. I didn't want them to be on TRL...

Venom Symbiote
02-17-2006, 11:19 PM
How many other threads could this have gone into?

Moderators, moderators, HERE moderators! I'll give you a cookie to merge this shit.

Rutegard
02-18-2006, 06:38 AM
WTF???

THEY HAVE BEEN THEMSELVES IN ALL THEIR ALBUMS, AND MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM

hell yeah

i like the way they are and what they do so i don't want them to change

Dutch fan
02-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Tss, sorry guys, but when a fan meets another fan in this BBS you should be a little more supportive. What a bunch of idiots you guys are.
'The problem with them is that they have been theirselves on the albums?'
WTF??????????
You're not even a real fan, if you're saying that!

Nounou
02-18-2006, 09:44 AM
And what the fuck does being a real fan matter right now ? I don't give a fuck if they're themselves or not and if I'm a true fan or not but for fuck's sake leave alone for a while you dumb ...

Llamas
02-19-2006, 02:39 AM
problem is, if the band DOESN'T have great success and make tons of money, they might break up- they seem very concerned by album sales and stuff, which is too bad. So I'd almost rather see them make it huge again, if it means more albums.

Hypodermic_89
02-19-2006, 04:08 AM
We should really stop fuckin' each other up everytime someone makes a thread that has been made before. It's stupid. Seriously, is it so FUCKING hard just to answer properly instead of being a total ass? I don't care if it's "getting annoying when people do threads that have been made before" oooh! Holy crap, nice. It's not like the person has been around as long as you. Give them a fucking break and stop being such retards! We're all Offspring fans, new and hardcore. Just because you're a hardcore fan and the other guy is a new fan doesn't give you the right to be a bastard. Start being supportive. Nothing comes from bringing others down.

Dutch fan
02-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Now that's a reply!

darko
02-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Just because you're a hardcore fan and the other guy is a new fan doesn't give you the right to be a bastard. Start being supportive. Nothing comes from bringing others down.

i have to agree!!

Llamas
02-19-2006, 03:11 PM
*applauds hypodermic* plus, if everyone did the search button for every thread idea, we'd have nothing to talk about... and if someone wants to ask further questions about the topic, they have to post on old threads, which I think is more annoying. there's a difference between 5 million "when is the new album coming out??" threads, and two "what happened to you" threads that were made months apart.

nameless
02-19-2006, 03:44 PM
the splinter and greatest hits tours seemed pretty cool to me! although ive only got one other show to compare them with!