PDA

View Full Version : How Loud Do You Listen To Your Music?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-17-2006, 09:31 PM
I generally always listen to my music loud. Some songs louder than others. Some songs I don't listen to it all unless my ears are bumping. I have blown many, many speakers and headphones. How loud is your volume?

Sinister
02-17-2006, 09:34 PM
as far as it can go on my Mac. Which, combined with headphones, pretty much isolates me from the world.

edit : on some songs I HAVE to bring it down halfway when I have my headphones on, because it actually HURTS.

Andy
02-17-2006, 09:37 PM
It changes. In the day it's pretty loud, in the evening it's fairly low as I'm too polite to annoy the people in my flat (except for when I've been drinking when the volume envelops all who dare pass).

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah on the bus in the morning it is like dead silent and if my volume is halfway, the whole bus can hear it faintly. So I put the volume at like 75% so the whole bus can hear it a little. Afternoon bus rides I am at 100%. Everyone is yelling and stuff.

arak0r
02-17-2006, 09:42 PM
usually softer. when one is born half deaf, one learns to not abuse their hearing too much :o

Sinister
02-17-2006, 09:46 PM
unlucky you.
I was born with a blind eye, but I don't give a damn. guess I should be careful. kinda.

mrconeman
Casually picking songs on the pc: usualy just over half way, unless like a favourite song comes on then I'll crank it up.
Playing along to songs on guitar: Full volume
Listining to an album: about 90% of the time full volume, or nearly full
Through headphones/earphones: Always full, I mean why not...other than hearing.
If any of these are done late at night: Always lower than in the day.

So yeah, varies.

arak0r
unlucky you.
I was born with a blind eye, but I don't give a damn. guess I should be careful. kinda.
i suppose. i seem to hear better than all my friends though :| kind of pathetic, i have a head start and still cant beat them to being completely deaf

Tired_Of_You
I got a problem with my ears (and still have it =/ ) a few years ago so I try to not listen to music too loud.

Sunny
02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
it varies.

like, if i'm in a car, and it's going fast, music has to be blasting. same when i'm drawing, painting, putting things together, dancing or working out. sex music, if i feel like it, also has to be loud. like wall shaking loud. :P but if i'm trying to come up with something, like a concept for my work.. or write something.. it has to be soft. same with work that requires a lot of attention to detail, or just requires me to really focus on it.

Rag Doll
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Depends where I am and what the music is. I prefer wall shaking, can hear it from 7 houses away, music. Which, if I have the house to myself, it is....seriously. And it's insanely loud in my car too. My friend is a speech & hearing major, and she lectures me all the time =x

neocon58
02-17-2006, 11:08 PM
I have blown many, many speakers and headphones.

Congratulations. Enjoy having the hearing capability of a 95 year old woman at the age of 25.

grunge
02-18-2006, 01:29 AM
It depends to mood. When I'm sad or when i want to sit alone and to think about something I listen to music not loud. But when i'm angry i listen to Nirvana very loud.

killer_queen
02-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Veeery loud if I'm listening with earphones. Normally, just loud.

Endymion
02-18-2006, 01:39 AM
It depends to mood. When I'm sad or when i want to sit alone and to think about something I listen to music not loud. But when i'm angry i listen to Nirvana very loud.
how hard did you try? how far did you get? in what condition are your wounds?

Paint_It_Black
02-18-2006, 02:08 AM
in what condition are your wounds?

You can tell Endymion, he's a doctor.

Nina
02-18-2006, 02:36 AM
hahahhaa.

anyway.
I never listen to loud music. just soft. sometimes i want it to be louder than usual when i'm in the car. what i HATE is when i am trying to listen to a song and then someone makes turns it off to speak to me. i dunno, it's just a pet peeve i have, HELLO, i am BUSY LISTENING TO MUSIC and it's not you who decides whether i want it turned off or not. boo.

the_GoDdEsS
02-18-2006, 02:43 AM
If it's something I really like, as loud as possible. But not for too long. Loud music shits me, as of recent.

Lars
02-18-2006, 04:13 AM
At a reasonable level, which by the majority of what people have said here is on the soft side. I don't care. I'll prefer to try and limit any more damage to it.

Earplugs for gigs as well, which work a treat as I don't have to be annoyed with any ringing afterwards.

Paint_It_Black
02-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Moderate volume, now I've reached the old age of 24. I used to love loud music, and I still do, just less regularly now.

-=xanathos=-
02-18-2006, 04:25 AM
It mostly depends on the situation. When i'm on my bike I put my iPod on full volume, but when I'm at home, making homework or just chilling out, I prefer listening to some soft jazz or lounge music...

Tankster949
02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
I always listen to it loud. Thats why I can't hear anything. Well, I probably just can't hear anything because I always have my headphones on.

0r4ng3
02-18-2006, 01:03 PM
It depends. When I first turn on the music, it's low. So, I turn it up until I can hear it well. If I start getting a headache, I turn it down a bit. The loudest I have it is when I'm in the car (passenger, in the back seat), drowning out whatever CD is playing.

Mr. Noodles
02-18-2006, 02:00 PM
I usually play it very, very loud!!!!!!!

Sometimes people will have to rush in and shout "TURN IT DOWN!!!!!!"

It happens a lot at parties.

What DO you think I'm doing right now?

darko
02-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Usually loud, but then again it differs as i have flatmates that i have to consider....so i *try* and keep it down when they are in and its late, but if everyone is out then the louder i can get it without blowing my speakers the better

Never Gonna Find Me
02-18-2006, 02:20 PM
At night when Im in my room I have it quite low so I can drift off to sleep.

Other than that I have it on loud. Before I was in my room and had my hi-fi on and turned it right up and it cracked the window.

I told my parents a bird flew into it. They believed me. :}

Mr. Noodles
02-18-2006, 02:24 PM
At night when Im in my room I have it quite low so I can drift off to sleep.

Other than that I have it on loud. Before I was in my room and had my hi-fi on and turned it right up and it cracked the window.

I told my parents a bird flew into it. They believed me. :}
That's hilarious!

JoY
02-18-2006, 02:44 PM
it depends on what I'm doing & if I need it in the background, or to really listen to in the 'foreground'. if I know I'll be having conversations during the music playing, I won't turn it on too loud, because I know my voice is extremely fragile & if I need to force my voice to be louder, it just breaks untill the point I don't have a voice at all. (I *hate* it & had too much experience with not being able to speak & make myself understandable)

if I need to study, I need music with no vocals & not too loud. (classical music is suitable) the music should be like a crowd babbling on the background. like a river flowing, the sound of a waterfall, water falling down on the rocks. (Switzerland-associations) nothing anyone can hear, or understand, but still a sound's there. I'm a gigantic fan of sound. I always need sound around me & can't stand silence.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-18-2006, 10:01 PM
When I'm sleepy, like now, I lower the volume. If I am in the mood though, I will have anything no matter where I am or what time it is as high as it can go.

ninthlayer
02-18-2006, 10:07 PM
What an insightful and intellectually stimulating thread.

Endymion
02-18-2006, 11:21 PM
my volume knob goes up to eleven.

ninthlayer
02-18-2006, 11:44 PM
lolz, my mp3 player's volume goes up to 25 and so does my stereo's volume.