PDA

View Full Version : good burger

Endymion
02-18-2006, 09:28 PM
yes, i'm reposting this again. it's worth it though.

Historians have come to a general consensus about which creations constitute the pinnacle of human creative achievement: Michelangelo's David, Da Vinci's Mona Lisa, Shakespeare's Hamlet. Few of us are fortunate enough to live in a time where an artist finally masters his medium and creates a work of such inspiring, enduring brilliance that its light shines across the ages. Now, however, ours will be remembered as the age when film finally found its champion. The debate which once raged about the relative merits of Citizen Kane vs. Casablanca can now fall silent: As the end of the twentieth century nears, Good Burger has achieved cinematic perfection.

The story of Ed (Kel Mitchell) and Dexter (Kenan Thompson) and how they rescue the Good Burger restaurant from destruction at the hands of the domineering Mondo Burger is more than just the story of warriors battling the onslaught of corporate tyranny; it is a metaphor for the transcendence of the human spirit. Like our Homeric heroes Ed and Dexter, each of us must struggle to find a place in the universe -- only then can we truly be free.

As Ed, Kel Mitchell delivers an interpretation of mentally-challenged existence that is so powerful that actors across the country will likely observe a moment of awestruck silence when Mitchell accepts his Academy Award for Best Actor in March. Brian Robbins is sure to get the nod as Best Director for evolving the medium to unprecedented levels . And not since Henry Fonda won for "On Golden Pond," has an actor nearing death deserved a nomination more than Abe Vigoda. Who but Vigoda could deliver lines like "I think I broke my ass" with such indomitable spirit? His portrait of proud Otis, the aging fast food employee, is both complex and compelling -- and a powerful comment on the plight of geriatrics everywhere.

In fact "Good Burger" is so stirring, it was as if director Brian Robbins had reached into my body and poured a little bit of wonder into my soul. His masterful skills in telling this epic of survival and hope reduced the audience to stunned silence; many, including this reviewer, wept openly.

i use to read mr. cranky (www.mrcranky.com) fairly often.

Not Ozymandias
02-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Didn't Brian Robbins direct Man Gets Fucked To Death By A Horse!?

calichix
02-18-2006, 10:52 PM
I thought Good Burger was funny in the 90s but I saw it again recently and it broke my heart.

Preocupado
02-18-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't understand. Why is Ed referred as mentally-challenged?

Apathy
02-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Ha, I remember watching Good Burger on Nickelodeon when I was Probably Six or Seven. That show is right up there with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Actually, I love Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

T-6005
02-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Ha, I remember watching Good Burger on Nickelodeon when I was Probably Six or Seven. That show is right up there with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Actually, I love Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Both are movies, from what I remember - not shows.

Paint_It_Black
02-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Good Burger the movie was based on a sketch from a show. As for Bill and Ted, I don't think Andy was saying that was a show. Although, there was an animated version if I remember correctly.

coke_a_holic
02-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm a dude
He's a dude
She's a dude
'Cause we're all dudes, hey!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-19-2006, 10:25 AM
That is one of those movies I may have scene but don't remember or I just seen clips of.

sKratch
02-19-2006, 10:55 AM
True or False:

I should watch Bill and Ted's Bogus Adventure.

Endymion
02-19-2006, 11:00 AM
That is one of those movies I may have scene but don't remember or I just seen clips of.
seen*, scenester.

JohnnyNemesis
02-19-2006, 11:07 AM
True or False:

Perpetually false, unless you're like, white. lolz.

Paint_It_Black
02-19-2006, 11:11 AM
True or False:

Dude, that's like, totally true.

Well, I liked it when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in years.

original_prankster
02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh, I love Good Burger. Don't know why, I just do. I liked the scenes in the mental hospital quite a bit for some reason. And the All That sketches ruled. I wish that show hadn't turned to utter shit. =/

The two Bill And Ted movies are the only films in which I can stand Keanu Reeves.

Nicole
02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Was that the film where the evil burger chain guy kept making bigger beef patties that looked really nauseating because the customers loved the other guys' special sauce? Sometimes free movie tickets aren't necessarily a good thing.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
I actually enjoyed Good Burger back when I was a young'n. I really, truly did.

I saw it again a couple years ago and thought it was mostly horrible, but still laughed at a couple possibly unintentionally funny moments. My favorite is when Kenan's character laughs at something while the Mondo Burger dude is way the hell up on this giant platform addressing the plebes. As soon as Kenan laughs, the Mondo Burger boss just APPEARS down there and makes a hilariously overdone contorted angry face right in front of Kenan's face. Just a second before, he had been way up on this high platform, and he just fucking APPEARS down there. My brother and I rewinded that about three times and kept cracking up.

The Talking Pie
02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Bill & Ted are so fucking awesome. And there was an animated show, also. Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter stayed on to do the voices. I'm not sure about George Carlin, though...

Anyway, Good Burger rocks. Kel's character always makes me kinda teary. There just aren't genuinely nice people like that in the world.

Andy
02-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Who loves orange soda?

Paint_It_Black
02-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Um, Jesse?