PDA

View Full Version : Backingvocals on their next album?

Mucho Macho
02-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Jim Lindberg of Pennywise did some backingvocals on Splinter.
Would you find it a good idea if members of other bands cooperate for their next album and who should it be?

Drummerguy123
02-20-2006, 06:54 AM
lol. Billy Joe Armstrong. :rolleyes: yeah right. He isn't worthy.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Davey Havok again.

Hypodermic_89
02-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Jim would be cool, Dave Quackenbush, (The vandals lead singer), Fat Mike, Milo Aukerman..

Nounou
02-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes Davey Havock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but why do you say "again" ? has he ever done backvocals in any offspring's song or wtf ?) :eek:

Nrk
02-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I bet they're gonna use the singer from a7x. At least I hope that.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Yes Davey Havock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but why do you say "again" ? has he ever done backvocals in any offspring's song or wtf ?) :eek:

He did backing vocals on Ixnay On The Hombre and Americana.

I hope not.

Bryan_AVA
02-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Tom DeLonge!!!!!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-20-2006, 09:17 AM

I like M. Shadows, but he just isn't that Offspring.

alistair13
02-20-2006, 10:10 AM
why don't they just get the band to do some backing vocals?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Cuz that's already a given.

DexterWannabe
02-20-2006, 11:08 AM
donnie spada and steve masi would be great!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Tom DeLonge!!!!!
I pray to God you were kidding

Llamas
02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't think it matters cause backing vocals are minor and you can't really tell who's doing them usually. though if it really mattered, they should get someone with a really really different voice, like serj tankian... or even daron malakian... or the dude from modest mouse. something just way out there :)

Nrk
02-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I like M. Shadows, but he just isn't that Offspring.
I agree! But I think that's why they're gonna use him. Offspring always does something different!

H1T_That
02-20-2006, 04:28 PM
i vote no one.

leave it to dexter greg and noodles.

Apathy
02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
The people they've always used are fine. Greg, Higgins, and random friends.

I really hope they don't get some other guy like M. Shadows or Tom DeLonge. That'd be pretty stupid In my own opinion.

H1T_That
02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
The people they've always used are fine. Greg, Higgins, and random friends.

I really hope they don't get some other guy like M. Shadows or Tom DeLonge. That'd be pretty stupid In my own opinion.

agreed sevenfold.

lol, see what i did there........ it wasnt very funny, was it?

Little_Miss_1565
02-20-2006, 04:47 PM
I think Miss 1565 should do backing vocals. I hear she has a totally rad voice, and she's a huge fan!

H1T_That
02-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I think Miss 1565 should do backing vocals. I hear she has a totally rad voice, and she's a huge fan!

thats acutally not a bad idea, i dont meen specifically you, but some fans.

Rancid_Guyxxx
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Tim Armstrong

Little_Miss_1565
02-20-2006, 05:27 PM
thats acutally not a bad idea, i dont meen specifically you,

Hey, why not mean specifically me? ;)

rocketman
02-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Tim Armstrong
ahhh that would be funny as hell to hear :)

alistair13
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
i vote no one.

leave it to dexter greg and noodles.

gotta agree there. that makes it much easier

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Agree'd again. :)

Cthulhu
02-21-2006, 01:04 AM
I think it would kinda depend on the song, someone like fat mike wouldnt suit many serious songs, no offence to him of course. But who knows, dunno why they couldn't just use the band members as backup but it's cool to have 'special guests'.

Venom Symbiote
02-21-2006, 05:25 AM
The MC Bat Commander, goddammit! He's on Nitro, and The Aquabats have kind of been Dexter's little "proteges" since AFI decided to move on, jump ship.

If they're going to do any more light happy things this time around, the MCBC is the guy to go for. And even something a little more aggressive, it'd be funny. I mean, The Aquabats may be goofy and all, but jeez the Bat Commander can sing. And rap. And yell. And hit high notes. And do an unbelievable Elvis impersonation.

I mean, he's got the whole kaboodle. So I nominate him for the upcoming release! Totally super rad! :D

QUOTE:
"He did backing vocals on Ixnay On The Hombre and Americana."

Yeah, and they were fucking inaudible to boot. I mean, I love AFI (pre-Sing the Sorrow) as much as the next guy, but in all honesty you couldn't even HEAR his backing vocals on Americana. I never knew he was on Ixnay, though, as you sure? I don't think it mentions him in my liner booklet. *goes to check*

I hope they don't get Jim Lindberg again though. He was OK in the two or three Splinter tracks he did, but meh. Don't like him as a vocalist, much. I mean, Pennywise songs all sound EXACTLY the same, and it's mainly because Lindberg's just such a generic singer, sounds just like every other punk guy out there.

Come out and smash'em up!
02-21-2006, 05:40 AM
it would be nice if there would be a group of fans singing some part of the song like in POD - youth of the nation or like in Pink floyds - another brick in the wall

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah, and they were fucking inaudible to boot. I mean, I love AFI (pre-Sing the Sorrow) as much as the next guy, but in all honesty you couldn't even HEAR his backing vocals on Americana. I never knew he was on Ixnay, though, as you sure? I don't think it mentions him in my liner booklet. *goes to check*

Davey was that extra voice in the background on Feelings. I think he's pretty audible there. It's mainly at the end of the song. It's in the Ixnay liner book that Davey does backing vocals, and I can best hear him (though not as well as on Feelings) on Change The World. He does some of the background "whoa"s.

mrconeman
02-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Some people are pushing the fans idea like theyve never done it before, have you listened to NeoCon or what?
It would be cool if they did it again though.

RobinoZombie
02-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Davey Havok again.

yeah davey havok, the full bad religion, fat mike, and nick 13:D

WebDudette
02-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't think it matters cause backing vocals are minor and you can't really tell who's doing them usually. though if it really mattered, they should get someone with a really really different voice, like serj tankian... or even daron malakian... or the dude from modest mouse. something just way out there :)

Daron is a great backup singer and the worste lead singer at the same time. Serj and/or Daron just aren't Offspring it would sound to diffrent.

Llamas
02-21-2006, 12:46 PM
oh dude I k now, daron is an amazing backup and horrible lead... and I know they're totally different from offspring, and that's why I think it would ROCK. Having davey havok or greg gaffin or tim armstrong.. meh, might as well just have noodles do them. But someone totally different would be sweet.

Venom Symbiote
02-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Haha, are you saying Greg Graffin is no better a singer than Noodles or Tim Armstrong?

:confused: Because...wow, dude. Wow.

Greg's basically god when it comes to punk vocals.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-21-2006, 07:35 PM
oh dude I k now, daron is an amazing backup and horrible lead... and I know they're totally different from offspring, and that's why I think it would ROCK. Having davey havok or greg gaffin or tim armstrong.. meh, might as well just have noodles do them. But someone totally different would be sweet.

Davey and Greg > Noodles > horse shit > Tim Armstrong

Llamas
02-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Haha, are you saying Greg Graffin is no better a singer than Noodles or Tim Armstrong?

:confused: Because...wow, dude. Wow.

Greg's basically god when it comes to punk vocals.

No. I'm not saying that he's just as good. As far as backup vocals are concerned, though, they're not prominent, and when it's backup and you take a punk singer, they sound very similar in that context. I'm saying that if it's a backup singer you're looking for, they're going to sound very very very similar unless you get someone way different.

And:
Davey and Greg>Noodles>horse shit>Tim Armstrong

AGREED FULLY. But that's for lead vocals. It doesn't make much difference at all for backups...

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-22-2006, 03:49 AM
AGREED FULLY. But that's for lead vocals. It doesn't make much difference at all for backups...

Ah I see. Yeah.

Mimile
02-22-2006, 04:35 AM
DAVEY HAVOK !!!! Again :o

Nounou
02-22-2006, 03:12 PM
He did backing vocals on Ixnay On The Hombre and Americana.

In which songs ?

Coucou mimile gros pd :D !

Nirushika6789
02-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Till Lindermann all the way :p
It will never happen but ah well