PDA

View Full Version : Walking...

Rocky-girl
02-20-2006, 12:19 PM
My friend doesn't like english. And hate me when I start to explain her something about it. But today was a strange day: she asked to teach her a little. I was surprised. And all evening while we were walking we talked in english. It was rather strange and funny, 'cause she changed words and made wrong constructions of sentenses. Many times I started to explain her in language something between russian and english. It was very funny and I was really glad that she started to love english. When I came home, I think what thought that people who heard us. And I want to ask you have you such situation when you like to do something but your friend doesn't? And what do you do in that case?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Normally, I do whatever my friends have to offer whether I like it or not and it ends up growing on me. So I will do the same thing, introduce something to them and though they might dislike it in the beginning, I keep on bringing it up and then they start to like it. Otherwise, I would just do it until they get jealous.

JoY
02-20-2006, 12:24 PM
playing the violin.. :/ they like it when I play, but at times they fucking hate it.
my fraternity/sorority. not all my friends are too keen on that stuff.

I guess that'd be about it. & being on here. NONE of my friends like that.

el_monkey
02-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I myself would at first try to convince her/him or explain why I liked it...if he/she doesn't aggree then I asked her/him to at least try it for a short time...
if he/she still doesn't like it after that I would sort of give up..

btw: could it be that your friend is fell in love with an english speaking person (person who likes english/ studies it etc.)?? ;)

Tizzalicious
02-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Hanson. I have some Hansonfan friends, but my other friends can't stand them.

killer_queen
02-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Oh God! I saw that thing last month. I was walking with my friend and we saw a friend of us. And then another one. They didn't see us but they saw each other. We saw that they kissed each other and started to talk in English. I don't know and I didn't asked why did they but I laughed out reaaaally loud. Everytime I remember it tears come from my eyes. I advise you to not to do it. It looks soooo funny and a little stupid.

And my answer your question: reading. Especially talking about books. Especially philosophy books. And sometimes they hate my piano and flute playing. They hate classical music.
I also LOVE mirrors and looking at myself. And they hate it too.

the_GoDdEsS
02-20-2006, 12:37 PM
With my two best friends we're officially quadrilingual and never learnt those languages we speak in school. Just more or less picked them up. The first time I started kinda speaking English with my friend was when we were both 18 and just totally did it as a joke with still kinda Slavified constructions, funny grammar, cute accent and basic vocab. Oh man and I remember sitting in the students' room with her and teaching her ALL the English bad words.

As for when we spoke a different language, people usually stared. I spent most of my time speaking German with her though which was very, very natural to us both. Funnily enough, sometimes it came easier than Slovak when we lived in Germany together.

Sunny
02-20-2006, 02:04 PM
a lot of my friends don't understand my obsession with typography. i get the weirdest looks when i point out a cool letterform or a badly kerned word or whatever. they're like... wtf... stfu you nerd.

:(

i'm gonna try to keep my observations to myself. puhh.

clokey43
02-20-2006, 02:55 PM
I have a bit of an obsession with planes. Usually when one flies over I look at it and try to work out which one it is. That doesn't bother my friends much but when I start talking about the specifics they tend to get bored and tell me to shut up. Usually, as I know it bugs them, I don't say anything, I keep it to myself, best to keep your friends happy.

Nina
02-21-2006, 01:07 AM
So. I'm super organized and most people dont get it. I NEVER use this argument, EVER, but this time it seems appropritate: I think some of them are jealous. They really exaggerate with their comments, going "ooooohh myyy GOD I mean seriously you are CRAAAAZZZYY" which is just stupid because I cant help writing neat, and I keep everything else very organized as well, it is very natural for me but I dont give a fuck if the people around me dont have a notebook/similar as organized and nice as mine. I always find everything, always have everything, people keep copying stuff from my exercise books, and I get lots of "wow that's really nice" comments. Might at last really be jealousy in a way.

Rocky-girl
02-21-2006, 01:20 AM
btw: could it be that your friend is fell in love with an english speaking person (person who likes english/ studies it etc.)?? ;)
I know if that's true she will tell me.