PDA

View Full Version : Sonata Arctica Live

All About Eve
02-20-2006, 07:21 PM
I must say, holy shit. These guys are fucking awesome. Started off with a pretty fast song (Misplaced), had tons of energy, lots of songs you could really get into throughout, including one of their wonderful ballads, and then a medley, Don't Say a Word, and ended with The Cage for the encore.

The players themselves are magnificent as well. Kakko has a brilliant voice, best live vocalist I've ever seen/heard. Jani (guitarist) and the keyboardist can actually play all of the solos, too. Everyone played with lots of energy, and there was even some humor mixed in. Example: "This next song is, unfortunately, Broken." I really can't describe it, they were just... awesome. Easily my favorite band now. If you like progressive or power metal at all these guys should be at the top of your list to see live.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-21-2006, 09:16 PM
I like em well enough, from what I've heard - which is admittedly not much. Upload?

0r4ng3
02-21-2006, 09:17 PM
A friend of mine told me about them. He said they sound kinda like Dragonforce. I'm still debating wether to download their stuff.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Holy mother of fuck, I didn't know they were touring the US. Isn't this their first ever US tour? And now it's over *sobs*.
Oh well, I probably wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Atlanta was the closest they came to here.

Did they play any stuff off Ecliptica???

ShitMaster
02-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Man, that is their fourth album.But not the best.For me is the best first one "Ecliptica".Second "Silence" is their best,it is so great,but first one for me has more soul!!Third "Winterheart's guild" is also great!
What is so great about them is that they play their slow songs just like their fast ones, with so much enegry and everything.I heard for them 5-6 years ago!They are special!!!
ps.I live in Bosnia & Herzegovina!! ;)

Sinister
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
I want a live recording of "8th Commandment". Badly.

Jebus
02-22-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm generally not a fan of power metal. I've only heard a few songs by them and I didn't really like what I heard. The only song that I could truly say was great was Fullmoon.

All About Eve
02-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Did they play any stuff off Ecliptica???

I don't have the album, but they did play Fullmoon which I know is from that. Isn't Kingdom for a Heart as well? They played that too.

Edit: My friend just sent me Ecliptica. They played 8th Commandment and My Land too. And I don't like it as much as WG or RN, but it's close. They're more mature sounding.

All About Eve
02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7680783903760731245&q=sonata+arctica

Live full concert. It has the inbetween song stuff and encore cut out. Dunno if they even did one for that show.

Oh and Jebus, they're not power. They have some power elements, but they also have a few different balads, and are mostly prog.

All About Eve
02-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Man, that is their fourth album.But not the best.For me is the best first one "Ecliptica".Second "Silence" is their best,it is so great,but first one for me has more soul!!Third "Winterheart's guild" is also great!
What is so great about them is that they play their slow songs just like their fast ones, with so much enegry and everything.I heard for them 5-6 years ago!They are special!!!
ps.I live in Bosnia & Herzegovina!! ;)

I don't have Ecliptica or Silence, but from what I've heard the order for me goes Ecliptica - Winterheart's Guild - Reckoning Night - Silence. I want some of their singles, and their greatest hits would be awesome, but it's around 50.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-23-2006, 10:35 AM
A friend of mine told me about them. He said they sound kinda like Dragonforce. I'm still debating wether to download their stuff.
Then do it. Sonata Arctica > Dragonforce. That's something everyone should know.

And Sinister, check out Armageddon Over Wacken 2003.

All About Eve
02-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Then do it. Sonata Arctica > Dragonforce. That's something everyone should know.

And Sinister, check out Armageddon Over Wacken 2003.

Sonata Arctica > All**

ShitMaster
02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
If you wanna their single then you should look for "Successor".It has "My land live", "Replica live","Mary Lou acoustic","Shy","San Sebastian Edit","I want out cover, from Helloween","Die with your Boots on Iron Maiden Cover","Still loving you Scorpions cover","Full moon edit", and maybe some other stuff.
Is there any live concert video, cause I can't find it except one song "Abandoned,pleased,brainwashed,exploted", and that is only one part of it.
You'll se on those live songs some wierd speed changes.

All About Eve
02-23-2006, 08:44 PM
I posted a live show a few posts ago.

ashtray_girl_1
02-24-2006, 03:14 PM
could someone please upload last drop falls live?! please!the whole gig is too big for me to download. it would take forever

sonata seriously kicks ass...one of the greatest bands ever

All About Eve
02-25-2006, 06:04 PM
could someone please upload last drop falls live?! please!the whole gig is too big for me to download. it would take forever

sonata seriously kicks ass...one of the greatest bands ever

Try youtube.com, they may not have it though.