PDA

View Full Version : Is Teheran (Baghdad) song against Iran (Iraq) or for them, or something else

ShitMaster
02-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Is Teheran (Baghdad) song against Iran (Iraq) or for them, or is it descbribing both sides, or is it talking about small man that is pushed as a pawn into a game that will last forever? Or something else?Oppinions people!!!!

Drummerguy123
02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
It's criticizing our military involvement in the middle east.

Sinister
02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
it also depicts how the soldiers themselves have no power to decide where they go / who they try to kill... kinda.

ShitMaster
02-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Can we relate soldiers from Iran (Iraq) to those in Vietnam?I think that they are also pushed in that war just because some idiot wanted to be in charge of "world's peace".It is incredible how they are playing with our lives.

Yeah I think that those two songs are universal.

Hux
02-20-2006, 11:15 PM
The song talks about how a soldier lives in the battlelfield, in this case Iran/Iraq.

For eg.

In your plane in the blue sky
You roam again
Words that echo in your mind
Make your heart beat faster
This is no Vietnam
We will win in Iran

Describes the scenario, tells how he is feeling and tells how the Americans will try to win in Iran unlike Vietnam.

The President said let it ride
Islam be damned
Make your last stand
In Tehran

What the President says, hating Islam and how the soldier will make his final stand.

Warrior, the time bombs
About to go
What will you feel
Will you even wonder
If the man that's in your sights
Ever kissed his girl goodbye

Describes the scenario and shows the soldiers potential thoughts.

The Captain said kill or die
Islam be damned
Make your last stand
In Tehran

What the Captain says, hating Islam and how the soldier will make his final stand.

Great Satan
Our flags our burning

Saying how Islam/the enemy is Satan, or perhaps how Satan is making this war/battle happen, how the American flag is burning in Iran/Iraq or perhaps how they are losing the war/battle.

The President said let it ride
You will be damned
Make your last stand
In Tehran

What the President says, saying how the soldier is doomed to death and how the soldier will make his final stand.

It says bad things about Islam and Iran/Iraq but tells a story about a soldier, or how any soldier would feel.

ShitMaster
02-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah; by telling the soldiers to fight, he is telling them to hate, in this case, islam in the start, although they don't know anything about different culture or religion.Like, he is just planting his oppinion.

jacknife737
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Great Satan
Our flags our burning

Saying how Islam/the enemy is Satan, or perhaps how Satan is making this war/battle happen, how the American flag is burning in Iran/Iraq or perhaps how they are losing the war/battle.

Its a reference to what certain extremists call the United States- The Great Statan

Hux
02-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Its a reference to what certain extremists call the United States- The Great Statan
Makes sense. I can now remember certain and similar references when I watch those documentaries.

FOXMAN
02-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Oh guys. . .be serious! this song is against usa politic and against this kind of wars!! they are against(!) american goverments' wars!! it's a full of hirony song!!

Hux
02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
That's the message of the song. We were explaining the story that the song tells.

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 02:52 PM
It's criticizing our military involvement in the middle east.
Yes, I think that's it. It doesn't criticize anyone in particular, just the US war policy.

ShitMaster
02-22-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry because we can't read Dexter's mind.

F@ BANKZ
02-25-2006, 03:04 PM
The two songs messages are the same although Baghdad was made so it could be used in the rock against bush campain, they did not make two versions deliberately to make the message cover a larger land surface, they just made Baghdad to re-release the message and show the same prediction is taking place, just in a different location.