PDA

View Full Version : Laziness

Rocky-girl
02-21-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm lazy. Very lazy. And I know that it's bad and try to be not so lazy. And sometimes I try to find reasons not to do something. Sometimes I made myself to do something. I really hate myself for my laziness. Are you lazy? What do you do when you don't want to do something?

Preocupado
02-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Slap myself and do it.

the_GoDdEsS
02-21-2006, 12:44 PM
I am lazy. And that's directly related to my shit being messy. I just don't clean it even when I finally have the time. It's hard to bring myself to do it. It's hard to get all things started. But once I get things going, nothing can stop me.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
Well I hate those times where your friends call you and ask you to do something with them but you aren't in the mood and just lazy and don't want to. I just tell them my parents won't let me, I'm cleaning, or f** off and find some more friends. They all work. Once I am lazy, I kind of regret it but I don't. So I just go on the computer when I'm in that mood. I'm that mood alot but I also find myself with my friends alot.

T-6005
I am lazy. I have a hugely difficult time getting anything at all done.

wheelchairman
Incredibly so. It depends. I am designing this website, and I have really hated it. It was complicated and not fun. I just made a breakthrough though and now the whole process is muuuch more enjoyable.

I don't have a laziness problem, I have a motivational problem.

Tizzalicious
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh yes I am. Usually when I don't feel like doing something I have to do, I do something else I have to do, but that's needed less badly. Or I just don't do anything. I can be bored out of my mind even though I have a lot to do.

the_GoDdEsS
02-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Incredibly so. It depends. I am designing this website, and I have really hated it. It was complicated and not fun. I just made a breakthrough though and now the whole process is muuuch more enjoyable.

Actually I think that's more of a problem with me too. Once you break it, you just rock it.

Tizzalicious
02-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Actually I think that's more of a problem with me too. Once you break it, you just rock it.

Yes same here. I also love it when I accomplished/finished something.

Izie

This is the problem of my life.

wheelchairman
It's because we're supersmart. What a hard life that is. :p

Izie
02-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Tsk, quite possible.

wheelchairman
02-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't say smart, in so much as it might just be that we think about the future too much. Too much commitment. We think "shit when this is finished, it'll still be stupid, or it will just get dirty again, or this website probably won't be used, or it's just busy work anyways." You know?

Same thing with procrastination except that you know it's important.

Rocky-girl
02-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Yes same here. I also love it when I accomplished/finished something.
Oh, it usially makes me feel better! It's great to finish something. But I think I'm such person who don't always finish my work, because suddenly I find it boring or not interesting.

Tizzalicious
02-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh, it usially makes me feel better! It's great to finish something. But I think I'm such person who don't always finish my work, because suddenly I find it boring or not interesting.

Same here, which is stupid, because I know I'll feel good when it's done!

Izie
02-21-2006, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't say smart, in so much as it might just be that we think about the future too much. Too much commitment. We think "shit when this is finished, it'll still be stupid, or it will just get dirty again, or this website probably won't be used, or it's just busy work anyways." You know?

You mean, what we do seems pointless in the long run?

Yes, yes it does. Hence the motivational problem :p

HornyPope
02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Lack of motivation is in fact healthy to a degree because it's understood that the person seeks to accomplish goals and has a vision. It is far worse to live a life where you don't struggle to motivate yourself one bit.

But i'll agree that it's generally a shame (lack of motivation that is). I guess the real problem is we're spoiled enough to actually wait out for the right oppertunity, and we don't feel a sense of urgency to hurry us up.

HornyPope
02-21-2006, 01:04 PM
You mean, what we do seems pointless in the long run?

Yes, yes it does. Hence the motivational problem :p

It's not pointless. It's just not en par with what we think we're capable of doing what we should be doing instead. Per for instance isn't a simpleton who'll be proud of designing a website. He wants more. Lolz power hungry bolshevik.

Rocky-girl
02-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Many people say that if you become lazy just change your work, but it doesn't really help.

Rocky-girl
02-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Lack of motivation is in fact healthy to a degree because it's understood that the person seeks to accomplish goals and has a vision. It is far worse to live a life where you don't struggle to motivate yourself one bit.

But i'll agree that it's generally a shame (lack of motivation that is). I guess the real problem is we're spoiled enough to actually wait out for the right oppertunity, and we don't feel a sense of urgency to hurry us up.

Interesting point of view. I've never thought in that way.

Vera
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I should be studying. But I mostly sleep or procrastinate online or watch films.

killer_queen
02-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm lazy but I study A LOT. But I have to admit that I need motivation too. If I haven't bought this pc I would be studying more right now. Oh well... If your laziness is about school lessons it's easy to solve it. A strict studying plan for a week makes you get used to studying.

wheelchairman
02-21-2006, 01:54 PM
It's not pointless. It's just not en par with what we think we're capable of doing what we should be doing instead. Per for instance isn't a simpleton who'll be proud of designing a website. He wants more. Lolz power hungry bolshevik.
Did you know they are selling .su domains now? They go for about 100 dollars though.

Paint_It_Black
02-21-2006, 09:24 PM

That describes me fairly well.

0r4ng3
02-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm not lazy, I just forget to do stuff.

Jebus
02-21-2006, 09:47 PM
procrastination + disorganization + laziness + no motivation= me

Since I'm in my senior year of high school and I pretty much have a good idea of what college I'm going to, I don't feel like doing anything anymore. School just seems pointless now. Especially because I have a pretty bad combined gpa for 10th and 11th grade, I know I'm going to a somewhat mediocre college no matter what I do this year. I was generally depressed with my situation so I didn't bother doing much work last semester. I'm trying to get out of this bad habit though. For example, I have to start posting less. This message board as been a giant outlet for my procrastination.

Nicole
02-21-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not lazy, I just tend to worry just about all of the time and have this inability to shut my brain up from worrying and procrastinating and just get on with what I'm meant to do. Even when I want to get up and do something, it's like I can't find the 'on' switch.

Anxiety is a bitch. And it's not even intense for me, just constant.

Nina
02-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Hm. Rarely I have a motivation problem. When I've been treated badly, I have a motivation problem. But usually, I am far, FAAARR from being lazy.

Rocky-girl
02-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Killer_queen, thanks. I'll try it. And when I read Jebus's post I remembered that that was a time when I didn't want to enter the uni.

Mota Boy
02-22-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm pretty lazy, but I've been getting a lot better about it this semester. Hell, I'm somewhat studying for an exam for Friday at the moment. I'm still horrifically inefficient, though.

What I've found that helps me enormously is getting into a routine. I also can't seem to do much work in my dorm, so I choose a coffee house or a part of the school that I associate with working, remove distractions like the internet (but take along a magazine or crossword puzzle if I need to take a short break) and just sit down and do it. Mostly though, you just have to ultimately want to do it.

The prospect of law school terrifies me. I asked one law school girl how she was doing today and she said "I goofed off for five hours yesterday. I don't know why I did it. It felt kinda good, but now I'm five hours behind." Holy shit.

Sin Studly
02-22-2006, 04:35 AM
You're not truly lazy unless you've told yourself "a pipeful of marijuana will motivate me to do it" and actually believed it.

More than three dozen times.

Rocky-girl
02-22-2006, 05:23 AM
I think more worse when you try to hide your laziness and justify yourself (I haven't time to do that).

Sin Studly
02-22-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm too lazy to hide or justify it.

Rocky-girl
02-22-2006, 10:18 AM
I can only congritlate you: you have no laziness to hide! You're lazy very rarely! And I'm too lazy that I can't hide it so I speak about it.

wheelchairman
02-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Since I'm in my senior year of high school and I pretty much have a good idea of what college I'm going to, I don't feel like doing anything anymore. School just seems pointless now. Especially because I have a pretty bad combined gpa for 10th and 11th grade, I know I'm going to a somewhat mediocre college no matter what I do this year. I was generally depressed with my situation so I didn't bother doing much work last semester. I'm trying to get out of this bad habit though. For example, I have to start posting less. This message board as been a giant outlet for my procrastination.
That kind of describes me pretty well. Except my gpa doesn't prevent me from going to a good college it just prevents me from going to a popular course. Which is fine. So I'm not depressed at all about my situation and am using this year as a kind of break.

the_GoDdEsS
02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
congritlate

What means congritlate?

wheelchairman
02-22-2006, 10:51 AM
What means congritlate?
Don't be so petty Sim, she obviously means congratulate.

I don't know
02-22-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm very lazy, when I don't wanna do anything I come here in the bbs, hehe, or I just surf in the internet, sometimes I sleep or eat

the_GoDdEsS
02-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Don't be so petty Sim, she obviously means congratulate.

I'm not. I thought it might have been some super informal word spit out by a dictionary!

Rocky-girl
02-22-2006, 11:08 AM
What means congritlate?
Per is right - it means CONGRITULATE. I made a mistake and I don't use extraodinary words (I just don't know them!)

Paint_It_Black
02-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Congratulate. He just said it. *sigh*

WebDudette
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
I'am extemely lazy. Right now for example I'am posting here instead of doing my website in Webmasters.

Excluding the firt week of school and the last two months I never do homework. The first week I'll think to myself "Ok, this isn't gonna be like last year I'am going to do all my homework" then for a week I will and then I just get extremely lazy again. Then the last month or two I realize I'am gonna fail if I don't shape up and I do all my homework incluyding all the past work I'am aloud to do and raise my grade from an F or a D to a A or B.

My dad assumes that taking my computer away will make me do homework when he does that I watch TV when he takes that away I sleep.

I got biggest procarstinator in the 8th grade year book.