PDA

View Full Version : Dexter's New Journal (21/2/2006)

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
02/21/06

Well today I‘m making stuff happen around Nitro. You all probably know that I have a record label called Nitro Records and I put out bands that I like. We‘ve got records by some great new bands coming out in the next few months that you should check out, if you‘re into that sort of thing. Most of these bands aren‘t well known yet, but they‘re really good and I liked them enough to sign them, so is that enough of an endorsement? Before summer, we‘re gonna be putting out records by No Trigger, Crime In Stereo, Hit The Switch, Much the Same, and Exene and the Original Sinners, who aren‘t a new band, but are awesome just the same. You can check them out on www.nitrorecords.com or myspace or whatever.

I‘m gonna go to Phoenix tonight to see A Wilhelm Scream play. This band is seriously awesome. And I‘m not just saying that cause they‘re on my label. If you haven‘t heard of them, you will for sure, these guys are coming up strong. And if you‘re in Phoenix, come find me at the show. I‘ll be the one wearing sunglasses and a mustache.

And... well, maybe they will be next Offspring but... any info about the new CD??? Dirty Magic????

Oh well, at least you're promoting new bands

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=427848

DeAtHsTaR
02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Haha is he serious about the moustache?

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Haha is he serious about the moustache?

I couldn't ask him :D

I think that it's true

noodle654
02-21-2006, 04:47 PM
well Dexter if you are reading this, I will check out those bands. Have fun in AZ. We love the way you keep us up to date with all the stuff thats going on, tell Atom, Noodles, and Greg to get on the journals and forums :D

endlesst0m
02-21-2006, 05:23 PM
sweet...Wilhelm Scream (http://www.myspace.com/awilhelmscream) rules!!!!!

Manic subsidal
02-21-2006, 06:05 PM
mustache...

dexter.. offspring, haha, they can always make me laugh.

darthdudeguy4
02-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Dude id go just to see Dex with a mustache lol :D
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4103/25j5ef.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:D (dont ask why his mustache is black) :D

Awesomo
02-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Man, I wish I was close to Pheonix! A Wilhelm Scream rules, and it'd be awesome to find dexter and chata bout his mustache, and maybe the new CD. You people really should AWS out if you havent, both of their cds released from Nitro are great.

offspring_freak_3
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
HAHA cool journal, i keep imagining dexter with a mustache, that would be so weird..... i think :p

Little_Miss_1565
02-21-2006, 06:50 PM
HAHA, sweet. If I was in Phoenix, I'd say absolutely nothing and just go stand next to him, wearing sunglasses and a moustache of my own.

Might I mention, I am a babealicious babe woman.

Titus
02-21-2006, 07:14 PM
"I‘ll be the one wearing sunglasses and a mustache."

lololol
That make me laugh!!!

Darthdudeguy pic too lolol

angelus-sebas
02-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Well... about Dexter new journal.. I think that it's very organized... but.. I also think that dexter is a great musician... and I wanna sya that I like the song Can't repeat... when will come a new album out???

Yhat's for offspring to think about it.... (I kno that you're busy guys but we want a new album) we love your songs :cool:

jacknife737
02-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Damn, without that journal I would never have really payed any attention to A Wilhelm Scream, thanks Dexter for helping discover a great new band!

Llamas
02-22-2006, 12:39 AM
I really like that dexter is promoting some underground shit... very very cool. And I don't want every post he makes to be about the offspring and the upcoming album- I love the posts he's been doing. It feels like he's updating us on them as people, rather than just them as famous rockstars. I don't know, I really like it. And I'm gonna check out those bands. :)

Mimile
02-22-2006, 04:36 AM
Aha Dexter with a mustache .. soooo funny ^^

Llamas
02-22-2006, 04:55 AM
he does seem like he'd have to go a few weeks without shaving to get some stuble... he doesn't seem particularly hairy :P but I do wonder how he'd look with a mustache... like a real, legit grown mustache... how about a goatee? or the beard from Wayne Static of Static X? :p that'd be sweet, haha.

Drum Goddess
02-22-2006, 05:21 AM
That show was awesome! I love A Wilhelm Scream. Yay! That was fun last night. I havent been to sleep yet. I think I should do that soon.

Mimile
02-22-2006, 06:14 AM
And what about Dexter ?

Evka.pl
02-22-2006, 06:32 AM
has eny1 heard these bands that dex mentioned? maybe i'll find some of their stuff on e-mule or sth. if dex says they're good, they gotta be GOOD! ;)

Camilamazed
02-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Better than Dexter with mustache are the kids going to the concert and after getting disappointed, come to the boards, register and ask:

I looked for Dexter but couldn't find him. Was he really the guy with the mustache?

:D

lol

noodlesisalliwant
02-22-2006, 07:30 AM
lol
wow some of those bands Dex mentioned are Great, I just check out their Myspaces and I love the sound of A Wilhem Scream, Crime In Stereo and No Trigger.

lost_nvrfound
02-22-2006, 08:15 AM
HAHAHAHA! i love that picture!

He really seems to be enjoying the massive response that his BBS dedicated (he never directly said it but it was implied) journals... he's showing the love...

Well Mr. Dexter Rockstar Man...

I can bodly say that we love you too

DeAtHsTaR
02-22-2006, 08:35 AM
he does seem like he'd have to go a few weeks without shaving to get some stuble... he doesn't seem particularly hairy :P but I do wonder how he'd look with a mustache... like a real, legit grown mustache... how about a goatee? or the beard from Wayne Static of Static X? :p that'd be sweet, haha.
Haha, or Ian Scott of Anthrax.