PDA

View Full Version : No Brakes?Can someone explain me the meaning of the song?PLS?

ShitMaster
02-22-2006, 05:14 PM
No Brakes?Can someone explain me the meaning of the song? :D

Venezuelan_Nightmare
02-23-2006, 10:04 AM
im waiting just like you for this answer, but just to know what´s the deal

Llamas
02-23-2006, 10:07 AM
I think it's about living your life really fast and hard, not caring about anyone, but feeling trapped in your life and somehow wanting it to end... I'm nto sure, that song is a tough read.

Nounou
02-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Hmmm I haven't read the lyrics for a long time but time but if I'm not mistaken it tells about someone who's lifestyle, he's very stressed and though he doesn't give a fuck of what might happen :)

ShitMaster
02-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Maybe we can figure it out if we analyse line by line.For me it is a little confusing.

killboypwrheadjx
02-23-2006, 06:38 PM
"Lay awake
I don't give a shit
If I even ever wake up in the morning"

No one lies awake on purpose. This person is under a lot of stress, or pressure or something, and the "i don't give a shit" is obviously denial. The "if I ever...wake up..." is pretty self explanatory.

"Down below
There's a pile of sin"

Lots of baggage, which is probably the cause of this stress keeping the person awake.

"Always waiting for a
Waiting for a warning"

"warning" is an interesting word choice. maybe people are constantly on his case about all this baggage and shit he's keeping inside, and he's being sarcastic saying "it's just WAITING for your warning."

"Burned at the stake
Inside I'm blistering
Not a whisper
Looking in you'd never know it"

He keeps all his baggage and pain inside.

"Miles below
I look up again"

He's so far below everyone else and is looking up at them.

"When you snap they say
Before you never show it"

When he finally loses it, the people around him (or "above" him) notice before he does.

"Someone said it's all right
Save it now, don't say it for my sake"

Back to the "warning." Keep it. He doesn't want to hear it.

Faster now, you know I got no brakes"

Live like there's no tomorrow. (nitro)

"Fuses glow
Wounds festering
Till the wind comes up
And takes it to the last pow"

The fuse is burning, just ready to blow. A "wind" or a huge event comes, and pushes the flame faster up the fuse to the final explosion.

"Back and forth
Staring at the wall
This room's a cage
I know that something's got to give now"

Back to the person in bed. He's rcoking back and forth, still unable to sleep. But he is no longer in denial. "something's gotta give now" sounds kind of violent at first, but maybe it's an optimistic message, saying that the person needs to get his shit together or it's just going to explode.

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 08:26 AM
"Lay awake
I don't give a shit
If I even ever wake up in the morning"

No one lies awake on purpose. This person is under a lot of stress, or pressure or something, and the "i don't give a shit" is obviously denial. The "if I ever...wake up..." is pretty self explanatory.

"Down below
There's a pile of sin"

Lots of baggage, which is probably the cause of this stress keeping the person awake.

"Always waiting for a
Waiting for a warning"

"warning" is an interesting word choice. maybe people are constantly on his case about all this baggage and shit he's keeping inside, and he's being sarcastic saying "it's just WAITING for your warning."

"Burned at the stake
Inside I'm blistering
Not a whisper
Looking in you'd never know it"

He keeps all his baggage and pain inside.

"Miles below
I look up again"

He's so far below everyone else and is looking up at them.

"When you snap they say
Before you never show it"

When he finally loses it, the people around him (or "above" him) notice before he does.

Save it now, don't say it for my sake"

Back to the "warning." Keep it. He doesn't want to hear it.

Faster now, you know I got no brakes"

Live like there's no tomorrow. (nitro)

"Fuses glow
Wounds festering
Till the wind comes up
And takes it to the last pow"

The fuse is burning, just ready to blow. A "wind" or a huge event comes, and pushes the flame faster up the fuse to the final explosion.

"Back and forth
Staring at the wall
This room's a cage
I know that something's got to give now"

Back to the person in bed. He's rcoking back and forth, still unable to sleep. But he is no longer in denial. "something's gotta give now" sounds kind of violent at first, but maybe it's an optimistic message, saying that the person needs to get his shit together or it's just going to explode.

You ended this thread too quickly and swiftly, u should have waited a while :mad:

killboypwrheadjx
02-24-2006, 02:33 PM
haha well not everyone has to agree with me!

bd007h
02-24-2006, 02:36 PM
www.songmeanings.net

ShitMaster
02-25-2006, 07:34 PM
really smart answers on this page!
Regarding the first verses: "I don't give a shit" and "If I even ever wake up in the morning", maybe he doesn't give a shit about life and will he live to see the next day?

Hux
02-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree.

(10 characters)