PDA

View Full Version : Caution: Becomes hot when cooked

nieh
02-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Do I even need to write anything else? Why is that showing on my box of Ellio's pizza?

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Warning: May Contain Nuts on a packet of peanuts.

Seriously.

The shadow
02-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Do I even need to write anything else? Why is that showing on my box of Ellio's pizza?

I saw a ¨give me a break¨ on that some time ago.

0r4ng3
02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
I've heard of this one, though I've never seen it.

On a bottle of sleeping pills - May cause drowsiness.

nieh
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Warning: May Contain Nuts on a packet of peanuts.

Seriously.

Peanuts are not nuts in a botanical sense but they are nuts in a diet sense. It's weird how that works. And I got a packet of peanuts that said that when I was on a plane a few months back.

Sinister
02-22-2006, 06:53 PM
some woman's cat went out in the rain, she put it in the microwave to dry.
It died (duh).
She sued the microwave company.
She WON.
Now they explicitly mention you shouldn't put a cat in the microwave.

Offspring-Fanatic
02-22-2006, 07:09 PM
^^lol are you freakin serious?

what, because the microwave didn't have a caution sticker that said "DO NOT PUT CATS IN MICROWAVES"

she should have lost i mean, honestly, she must have no common sense at all.

its like "lady, there is such thing as a towel, or if you have to use an electrical appliance...A BLOW DRYER"

Mota Boy
02-22-2006, 07:30 PM
some woman's cat went out in the rain, she put it in the microwave to dry.
It died (duh).
She sued the microwave company.
She WON.
Now they explicitly mention you shouldn't put a cat in the microwave.
Urban legend. (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/micropet.htm)

I like the addition of the "...and she sued and won.", as it takes an old urban legend that fed off of our fear of new technology and gives it a new twist, feeding off our belief in an over-litigious society. In fact, most crazy lawsuits you hear about are either fabricated, dismissed or diminished, but the cost of defending against even the most baseless of litigation (not the mention the offchance of actually losing one) is enough for companies to put rather silly disclaimers on their products in an attempt to pre-empt them.

Mota Boy
02-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh, and by the way, that's not to say that "Caution: Becomes hot when cooked" isn't completely fucking retarded.

Little_Miss_1565
02-22-2006, 07:36 PM
My favorite--on hairdryers: DO NOT USE IN BATH.

Original prankstA
02-22-2006, 07:36 PM
i can't remember what it's called but

migrain pills-may cause head ache

0r4ng3
02-22-2006, 07:37 PM
On the bottom of package - Do not turn upside down.

Original prankstA
02-22-2006, 07:38 PM
On the bottom of package - Do not turn upside down.
ha! suriously?

0r4ng3
02-22-2006, 07:42 PM
It's another one of those that I've only heard of that's most likely fake.

sKratch
02-22-2006, 08:02 PM
I bought a children's book that cost $FUCKSHIT.CUNTBALLS plus tax.

Tired_Of_You
02-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Those are about wrong translations.

- on clothes it was written : "lever à l'enfer" which means "to raise in hell".
- My friend had a plant (a "cactus", no idea if it's the same in English?) and it was written in French : "fumer modérément" which means "smoke moderately".

HornyPope
02-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Man Mota, I realise now this snopes site is actually very informative--in terms of making you very aware of what's happening around you.

I also think it inheritently strokes one's ego in a subtle way to read of fools so hey more fun to it.

Mota Boy
02-22-2006, 09:40 PM
- My friend had a plant (a "cactus", no idea if it's the same in English?) and it was written in French : "fumer modérément" which means "smoke moderately".
What type of cactus was it? Those instructions might not have been so far off.

And yeah, I like snopes a lot. It's very trustworthy and I use the information I've gleaned from there about once a week, which is more than I can say about most of my classes.

Not Ozymandias
02-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Because some tardball would try to sue because of scorched fingers. Even though such a suit would be thrown out of court it would waste the time of the Ellio's people to have to show up in court. It's much easier just to print one line on each box.

Tizzalicious
02-22-2006, 10:41 PM
i can't remember what it's called but

migrain pills-may cause head ache

They do say that. But that's not the same as the other things in this thread. And they can cause headaches indeed, but headaches & migraines are not the same, plus they can cause rebound headaches//migraines when you take them too often.

bd007h
02-22-2006, 11:01 PM
One of my friend's mom had to get medication for the their dog. On the label of the medication:

Do not operate heavy machinery or operate motor vehicles.

GreenTerror
02-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Haha, I just imagined a dog driving a forklift. I say that's the best one so far.

hobojoe44
02-23-2006, 12:29 AM
I heard it from J Leno or some thing about super man costumes say “wearing this does not enable you to fly’

They need to put warning labels on things so when morons end up hurting them selves they can’t sue.

GreenTerror
02-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Well, they can't list every idiotic thing people could possibly do to hurt themselves with their product. People should just stop being so stupid.

Mota Boy
02-23-2006, 01:58 AM
No no no, you're going about it in the wrong way. In a perfect world, idiots would be free to go about removing themselves from the gene pool without society bending over backwards to ensure their survival.

Paint_It_Black
02-23-2006, 02:34 AM

You're right to complain. It should obviously say "may become hot when cooked". I've had cold cooked pizza many times.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-23-2006, 04:45 AM
I got this like toy in a plastic bag from a festival i was at

On the plastic bag - "This Plastic Bag Is NOT A Toy"

Paint_It_Black
02-23-2006, 04:47 AM
On the plastic bag - "This Plastic Bag Is NOT A Toy"

Don't believe it. Put the bag on your head. It's fun.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-23-2006, 04:49 AM
Don't believe it. Put the bag on your head. It's fun.

No you are.

the_GoDdEsS
02-23-2006, 04:50 AM
No, YOU are.

/5 year old mode off

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-23-2006, 04:52 AM
MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!

/pants off

sKratch
02-23-2006, 05:04 AM
No one appriciated the genius of my post :[

0r4ng3
02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
No, I saw it. Did that book really say that? I want to get it now.

All About Eve
02-23-2006, 09:35 AM
I saw a sunkist bottle with Warning: May suck.

Wait, that's right.

notoriousdoc
02-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Somebody bought some sort of grocery to find "dog shit" listed in the ingredients.

0r4ng3
02-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I saw a sunkist bottle with Warning: May suck.

Wait, that's right.
That's just mean.

All About Eve
02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
That's just mean.

And funny, lolz. Atleast to me.

You know I luff u.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-23-2006, 10:43 AM
That reminds me of when I was reading the back of a cereal box (Cap'n Crunch, maybe) and it had some "Did You Know..?" facts. One of them was "Did you know that a goldfish is actually a type of fish?"

Tired_Of_You
02-23-2006, 02:04 PM
What type of cactus was it? Those instructions might not have been so far off.I don't remember, but it didn't make sense with what was written in English. I think it was something about a fertilizer.

I don't know
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
I just don't get it when they say warning: may contain something, when it's other thing. They gotta say if it contains or not, how come it may contain? when they say it, it's like, there are some that they didn't put, and other they did

JoY
02-23-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't know if this really counts, but there have been toys.. like, McDonald's toys (god, I feel like a hamburger now), that were the size of my entire fucking hand... & on the package it said; "do not try to swallow". even with MY mouth/jaws/etc.. I wouldn't even attempt to put it halfway my mouth.

nieh
02-23-2006, 03:53 PM
I just don't get it when they say warning: may contain something, when it's other thing. They gotta say if it contains or not, how come it may contain? when they say it, it's like, there are some that they didn't put, and other they did

That's exactly what it is. There are certain foods where if you read the ingredients it might say "Soybean oil and/or vegetable oil and/or peanut oil" and they use basically whichever one was available for the least amount of money, hence why some things "may contain peanuts".

I don't know if this really counts, but there have been toys.. like, McDonald's toys (god, I feel like a hamburger now), that were the size of my entire fucking hand... & on the package it said; "do not try to swallow". even with MY mouth/jaws/etc.. I wouldn't even attempt to put it halfway my mouth.

I would try putting something like that in my mouth just as a challenge. I wouldn't actually try swallowing it though. That's just stupid.

JoY
02-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I once did try to put it into my mouth. (I think.. I might have been drunk) I mean, to me it's a challenge, because my mouth is just rather.. big.. but.. imagine a six year old, reading that.. thinking; "what the fuck? I could swallow that??? LET'S TRY!" that's just wrong. so wrong. that just *has* to deform children's faces.

bd007h
02-23-2006, 03:58 PM
one an electric barbed wire fence:

Warning. Touching fence will result in instant death. Anyone caught doing so will be prosecuted

nieh
02-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Why do you have to be drunk to do something like that? I do things like that sober constantly.

I could just see some kid actually managing to swallow it and you can see like a big, car-shaped bulge in his throat or something. He's still alive though because the windows were down when he swallowed it so he still has an way to get air.

Paint_It_Black
02-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Warning. Touching fence will result in instant death. Anyone caught doing so will be prosecuted

I think that's the funniest thing you've ever said. Well done.

nieh
02-23-2006, 04:01 PM
"Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted"

JoY
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
bd007h; I once accidently touched one. this is rather typically me, but we were in Switzerland (where they put rather a lot of electricity on those things, or else it won't disturb their supercows) & I'd told my mother they hardly ever actually turn those things on. because I'd touched one before & it went perfectly well. so I grabbed it, with both hands, & just.. I thought my heart stopped for a second. holy mother of god, what a thick skin those cows must have. I can't even imagine the sound *they* make when touching it, when I already squealed like a little fried chicken.

WebDudette
02-23-2006, 04:08 PM
I was willing to pee on an electirc fence and hope to God it wasn't on for 100$'s.

Sinister
02-23-2006, 04:32 PM
bd007h; I once accidently touched one. this is rather typically me, but we were in Switzerland (where they put rather a lot of electricity on those things, or else it won't disturb their supercows) & I'd told my mother they hardly ever actually turn those things on. because I'd touched one before & it went perfectly well. so I grabbed it, with both hands, & just.. I thought my heart stopped for a second. holy mother of god, what a thick skin those cows must have. I can't even imagine the sound *they* make when touching it, when I already squealed like a little fried chicken.

I felt awful after touching an electric plug that was halfway in. I just can't imagine cow-grade electrocution. must be awful.

Paint_It_Black
02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Mild electrocution can be quite fun.

wheelchairman
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
I come from a long line of peasants. Most farmers test those fences with a blade of grass. You just stick it on and you get a mild shock. It was the funniest thing ever as a kid.

coke_a_holic
02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Mild electrocution can be quite fun.
Quoted for truth.

Tizzalicious
02-23-2006, 10:24 PM

My dad did that when he was little all the time, except he;d be walking hand in hand with some of his brothers & sisters and his dad or something, and the last one in line would get the shock. So mean.

JoY
02-24-2006, 03:57 AM
that's totally Ivil. I HAVE to try that some time.

Tizzalicious
02-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Haha, I always wanted to try when I was little, but my dad said he would get VERY angry, so I was afraid to actually do it.

sKratch
02-24-2006, 09:32 AM
even with MY mouth/jaws/etc.. I wouldn't even attempt to put it halfway my mouth.
sluuuuutttt