PDA

View Full Version : dirty magic

Llamas
02-23-2006, 09:53 AM
No, this isn't another thread to discuss the re-recording of dirty magic. In another thread a while ago, though, I mentioned that I had recorded dirty magic... and someone asked me to post it... so I thought I'd do it now. It's a really shitty recording- just me, a shitty electric guitar, a shitty amp, and a shitty microphone... and I recorded it very shortly after learning it. So don't expect a lot. But here it is:

http://www.myspace.com/llamaoffspring (make sure you click "dirty magic". otherwise it'll possibly start on one of the other songs.)

EDIT: I edited the link... try it again...

PS: I'm a girl... sure you didn't know that... so don't be shocked at the vocals :P

punker
02-23-2006, 09:55 AM
it says that the page cannot be found

Llamas
02-23-2006, 10:22 AM
don't worry it works now.

Mr. Noodles
02-23-2006, 01:23 PM
You still said "she".
Anyway, I enjoyed the vocals.
I could barely hear the guitar.
I sang along too.
I sound a little bit like Tim Armstrong. . . . well not really.

Dmarques
02-23-2006, 02:07 PM
No, this isn't another thread to discuss the re-recording of dirty magic. In another thread a while ago, though, I mentioned that I had recorded dirty magic... and someone asked me to post it... so I thought I'd do it now. It's a really shitty recording- just me, a shitty electric guitar, a shitty amp, and a shitty microphone... and I recorded it very shortly after learning it. So don't expect a lot. But here it is:

http://www.myspace.com/llamaoffspring (make sure you click "dirty magic". otherwise it'll possibly start on one of the other songs.)

PS: I'm a girl... sure you didn't know that... so don't be shocked at the vocals :P

Yeah not bad really...i liked!!
Congratulations

Sinister
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
the guitar sucks, but it's because as you said you just learned the song. but it's impressive that you sang along so well.

Nounou
02-23-2006, 02:38 PM
The guitar's rythme isn't right at all but you've got a beautiful voice and sing pretty well :) record more songs ;)

Llamas
02-23-2006, 03:51 PM
haha thanks guys. part of the guitar sucking was yes, I just learned the song... and the other reason is that I'm not that great at guitar. And I know. I still said she... I felt weird, but I didn't feel right changing the lyrics! :P There are two other songs on there... the guitaring for those two aren't that great, either, mind you ;) Though, if you want more offspring songs, i'd take requests ;) haha.

punker
02-23-2006, 04:11 PM
your voice rocks, try to learn the song good and then play it again

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
The guitar sucks, its not flown together. But the vocals, not bad. You should re-record the guitar part and make it flow together better. And make sure the guitar is louder next time.

Hux
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
The vocals were great, you've got an excellent voice. Keep it up.

Nounou
02-24-2006, 04:42 AM
You might try to record other ones :)

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 08:05 AM
You might try to record other ones :)

Yeah, u do that, try something like WDYGAJ or Million Miles. O yeah; nice voice u got there, keep it goin

Peedr
02-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Your voice is awesome! You should try recording Apocalypstik's The Kids Aren't Alright cover from "The Greatest Tribute To The Offspring Ever" album. Your voice will fit there really good. :)

Dmarques
02-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Your voice is awesome! You should try recording Apocalypstik's The Kids Aren't Alright cover from "The Greatest Tribute To The Offspring Ever" album. Your voice will fit there really good. :)

Yeah do it...Record "The kids aren't Alright"! please

Llamas
02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I'll see what I can do ;) Thanks for the kind words, guys! I really like playing offspring songs, even though my voice doesn't match right...

BaD-HaBiT11
02-24-2006, 02:45 PM
yes, your voice is really nice :)
you should try something like gone away

Llamas
02-24-2006, 03:55 PM
gone away doesn't have a guitar part during the verses...

Llamas
02-24-2006, 06:16 PM
HEY!

alright, I recorded the kids aren't alright and posted it. it's slower like the cover, and using the real chords like the cover (instead of power chords like in the original), but I did the real vocals.

http://www.myspace.com/llamaoffspring/

PS: while it's better than the dirty magic recording, it still kinda sucks.

Sinister
02-24-2006, 06:29 PM
wonderful. You made that punk song into a great ballad.
keep up the good work.

Llamas
02-24-2006, 07:03 PM

Sinister
02-24-2006, 07:12 PM

but they're pro, and you're not, so it's not the same difficulty at all.

Llamas
02-24-2006, 07:30 PM
true. thanks again :)

Peedr
02-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Amazing.....that's all what I can say (or rather write ;) )! You're pretty good. :D

Peedr
02-26-2006, 10:39 AM
And a little note: Is there a second voice (during singing chorus) or it's only my own imagination???

Llamas
02-26-2006, 11:22 AM
yeah there's a second voice, it's me singing a harmony. And thanks :)

Llamas
02-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I re-recorded dirty magic... it's up on that same page if you're interested... http://www.myspace.com/llamaoffspring

Hux
02-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Once again it's great. The guitar is easier to hear and better, and the vocals are very nice again.

punker
03-01-2006, 08:55 AM
AWESOME, you improved the guitar and now sound really cool too

Peedr
03-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Great job! I really like the way how you sing "dirty magic". And guitar is much better now.

bhg_rulz2
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM

congratulations girl...nice work =D...i know all offspring songs on drums...we should make a band hahaha :P

Come out and smash'em up!
03-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Nice, what programme do you use making ur songs?

Llamas
03-01-2006, 12:36 PM
bhg, that would be sweet- an offspring cover band!! we just need a bassist and another guitarist ;)

I use cakewalk to record... I don't really know how to use it very well, as is evident by the awful quality of the songs.