PDA

View Full Version : do you want to see a book?

offspringer24
02-24-2006, 07:10 AM
like a biography or something written by the band themselves?
id love it just something really up close and personal
what you guys think?

Hyper nova
02-24-2006, 07:24 AM
No. I don't need to know everything about their personal lives, a few interesting facts is cool but their lives? No I don't see the point. All I know is that i like their music and thats good enough for me I'd rather they just work on producing good music and stay out of the lime light as it were. Its like Gosip mags whats the damn poi t, I couldnt careless about whos sleeping with whom. The most i want to know is thos interesting facts like Dexters PhD (?halted or not?), where Noodles got his name, etc and maybe where ideas for the songs come from but beyond that i feel its just prying and of little interest and concequence.

DexterWannabe
02-24-2006, 07:37 AM
i agree...

offspringer24
02-24-2006, 07:45 AM
well if they havent had that big of an influence on you then fine but they have been a big part of my life for the last 13yrs and id just like to know bits of the kinda stuff they get upto and funny stories and experiences etc!
"there not robots y'know"
www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

Hypodermic_89
02-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I agree with Hyper Nova, I don't quite see the point in knowing alot about their private lives.

i-want-him-only
02-24-2006, 10:51 AM
well i guess i see why i would be cool to know a little more about thier lives, maybe like a way to feel closer to them and understand what they really meant with some of their song (like gone away, spare me the details, mota and other that seem talk about personal experiences). But anyways i doubt they ever gonna spend two seconds in something like this... :cool:

oh and by the way, about Noodles name, i believe i read somewhere that it was because it's his favorite food... i don't know... :rolleyes:

noodlesisalliwant
02-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I think A book Might be ok, but I dont think It would be necessary- we dont need to know what goes on in their private lives- as long as they continue making decent records ad being awesome guys thats all that really matters. I dont think they'd want people prying into their private lives either. Oh and by the way, Noodles' name is apparently due to his "annoying habit of noodling away on the guitar randomly"

Hyper nova
02-24-2006, 11:32 AM
well i guess i see why i would be cool to know a little more about thier lives, maybe like a way to feel closer to them and understand what they really meant with some of their song (like gone away, spare me the details, mota and other that seem talk about personal experiences). But anyways i doubt they ever gonna spend two seconds in something like this... :cool:

oh and by the way, about Noodles name, i believe i read somewhere that it was because it's his favorite food... i don't know... :rolleyes:

Noodles got his name when recording the S/T becasue he was constantly noodling on his guitar.

Oh and im not saying that they havent been a big part of my life their music has defo hit home several times but thats what its about for me the music not what there personal lives are like, I'm Just not bothered about what they do every day, have for lunch and what they've done in the past and we all no enough about there personalities to know they are solid guys and all are very nice and let us in on what happening with there music all the time esp. Dexter recently with the journals. I Just DOn't think it would be fair to go into too much detail, not unless they wanted to completely of their own accord. Even then im not sure id buy it. The amount i know about them at the moment is fine. Of course i have a few questions but only musically releated ie Why was KTP taken of the S/T? and Is Gone Away/End Of the Line /No Hero, Generic or Specific? (BTW If it was specific i would very much uinderstand if they only told me that much and not names).

yorkiepudn
02-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Noodles got his name when recording the S/T becasue he was constantly noodling on his guitar.

Oh and im not saying that they havent been a big part of my life their music has defo hit home several times but thats what its about for me the music not what there personal lives are like, I'm Just not bothered about what they do every day, have for lunch and what they've done in the past and we all no enough about there personalities to know they are solid guys and all are very nice and let us in on what happening with there music all the time esp. Dexter recently with the journals. I Just DOn't think it would be fair to go into too much detail, not unless they wanted to completely of their own accord. Even then im not sure id buy it. The amount i know about them at the moment is fine. Of course i have a few questions but only musically releated ie Why was KTP taken of the S/T? and Is Gone Away/End Of the Line /No Hero, Generic or Specific? (BTW If it was specific i would very much uinderstand if they only told me that much and not names).

KTP was taken off S/T after the terror attacks of 9/11

jrk247
02-24-2006, 12:01 PM
like a biography or something written by the band themselves?
id love it just something really up close and personal
what you guys think?
No I don't and I'm sure they don't either. They have their own private life, stop trying to terrize them! I t would be cool if they added a FAQ to the Main band site, but not a book. I just want to listen to their music and have them work on their new album(s).

jacknife737
02-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Something similar to Joey Shitheads book I Shithead, life of A Punk would be interesting

Hyper nova
02-24-2006, 12:55 PM
KTP was taken off S/T after the terror attacks of 9/11

NO IT WASN'T

It was Taken Off in JULY 2001 Thats Before September

Hux
02-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Well if it came out I would definately buy it and read it all. I'd be a nice idea if they have the time.

Retard
02-24-2006, 08:02 PM
i think i got my copy of it after 2001, mines still got it on there! any specific reason why?

and something like "I shithead" would be good thats a great book.

Ninty Man
02-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Maybe if they explain how create a music genre, and influence another bands... yep

offspringer24
02-25-2006, 04:11 AM
actually yeah f&q would be good

Holger estonia
02-25-2006, 11:20 AM
i agree...
yeah me too

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Well if it came out I would definately buy it and read it all. I'd be a nice idea if they have the time.

Ditto.

(10)

nameless
02-25-2006, 07:58 PM
id like to read it! they are hardly already plastered all over the media in the same way as green day or blink 182! i think it would be interesting to read!

Hyper nova
02-26-2006, 07:17 AM
i think i got my copy of it after 2001, mines still got it on there! any specific reason why?

There are bound to be copies out there that are new unopened with KTP on it as they will still eb left over one from before they stopped putting it on so you were probally just lucky

yorkiepudn
03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
NO IT WASN'T

It was Taken Off in JULY 2001 Thats Before September

WELL HUSH MY MOUTH FOR MAKING A MISTAKE.......i had read somewhere (cant remember where) that it was taken off after september 11th terror attacks

Hyper nova
03-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Im sorry it just there has been numerous threads about KTP and evryones always saying its was sept. 11th when it wasn't as all release dates of the lastest versions point to june/july 2001. Just starting to get annoying thats all, nothing personal you were just the first person i saw to say it again.

Drummerguy123
03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Are you talking about something like RHCP's "Scar Tissue" book? That would be interesting, but I think they should make a few more albums before they do something like that.

offspringer24
03-13-2006, 09:55 AM
they have been around for 20yrs or so and im sure they have some funny things to share with fans

.:SMASH:.
03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
i'd tolerate it if they did it. might buy it. that doesn't mean i care if they don't

Camilamazed
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
No books please.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-14-2006, 08:53 AM

yeah mine too! i got a copy last year and still got Kill the President. Awesome.

offspring_freak_3
03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
would be quite cool, but i dont think people would actualy buy it.

they have a book with their biography, but its unauthorized

I don't know
03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
yeah, I wanna

offspringer24
03-19-2006, 03:20 AM
wow i thought more of you would wanna book than this!