PDA

View Full Version : Greatest hits vol.2?

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 08:23 AM
After a few more album or their retirment, the chance r The Offspring r gonna want 2 make a new greatest hit or a second volume 4 it. If they make a 2nd volume, which songs (which have already been recorded) would be on it and would they put some from Ignition or the 1st album on?

Emily_offspring_fan
02-24-2006, 08:27 AM
:confused:

What???

Where did you read that??

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 08:33 AM
It's Ovbious, Once They R Older, They Will B In More Need 4 Money So Greatest Hits Volume Ii Would Be An Easy Way. It Might Also Happen When They If More Popular 2 B Remembered. Then They Can Sell Greatest Hits Again.

offspringer24
02-24-2006, 08:42 AM
cant see em ever needing money again dude!

Emily_offspring_fan
02-24-2006, 08:43 AM
hmm...maybe

But I think they would prefer to make another album

anyway, what songs can be included in another Greatest hits?

maybe Beheaded, Dirty Magic , that songs are the most popular from their two first albums.

and...The Meaning of life, She's got issues, you know, the ones that have a video.

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Well, hmmmmmm.... hard questions. I guess they may not always be up 2 making a new album, then it would kind of make sence 4 them 2 release greatest hits vol II. They could put songs on like Bad Habit, the ones u said abt the video's, She's got issues, Da Hui mayb not. But the band may well have at least 4 or 5 albums left in them that is enough 2 get most of a second volume. And of course i could say why they need money, and you would be amazed with the answer but that may b going in2 the bands personal lives.

Talman
02-24-2006, 09:13 AM
People don't seem to understand the meaning of "GREATEST HITS!"

greatest hits = most popular songs.

Greatest hits are for die hard fans and for people who are just getting into the band.

If you want to hear the old songs, listen to them on the cd, or make up a mix collection yourself.

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 09:28 AM
No greatest=the best of songs much above average and hits= a song that is successful. Greatest hits= Best of songs much above average which have been successful. Am i right? as always.

Hypodermic_89
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
It's Ovbious, Once They R Older, They Will B In More Need 4 Money So Greatest Hits Volume Ii Would Be An Easy Way. It Might Also Happen When They If More Popular 2 B Remembered. Then They Can Sell Greatest Hits Again.

Type like a fucking person! Please! It's so unneccesary to type like fucking retard!

Talman
02-24-2006, 09:40 AM
No greatest=the best of songs much above average and hits= a song that is successful. Greatest hits= Best of songs much above average which have been successful. Am i right? as always.

Are you fuck right.

You just took what i said, changed it slightly and tried to make yourself sound superior. Denied.

"Greatest hits= Best of songs much above average which have been successful."

I've had to read that about 15 times to try and make any sense of it. I bet you got fucked for plagiarism when you were/are in school.

The most popular songs are the most successful ones, hence the reason why they're on the greatest hits.

offspring5
02-24-2006, 11:03 AM
After a few more album or their retirment, the chance r The Offspring r gonna want 2 make a new greatest hit or a second volume 4 it. If they make a 2nd volume, which songs (which have already been recorded) would be on it and would they put some from Ignition or the 1st album on?

no songs from the existing albums... they are not hits, they new to be hits... if they will record another 5-6 albums and then decide to produce greatest hits vol. 2 it will have the HITS from their last 5-6 albums (or more or less, depends on them)

and NEVER say they will retire!!!

jrk247
02-24-2006, 11:21 AM
(to person who made thread) Are you stupid? The songs on the first 2 albums are NOT HITS!

i-want-him-only
02-24-2006, 11:36 AM
maybe not a "greatest hits", but they'd probably gonna make a cover album, like they tought before making the Gretest Hits...

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Okay lay off me people, i know that the first two albums that never made the charts, so i wasn't so great at putting my question forward, (GET OVER IT!) So IF they WERE to make a POSSIBLE EXTENTION to greatest hits, which songs would be on it that are ready now IF ANY.

p.s. plese feel free to take the piss out of everything a say, do and express in future days to come.

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 12:57 PM
maybe not a "greatest hits", but they'd probably gonna make a cover album, like they tought before making the Gretest Hits...

Hey i bet you could make a thread on that when mine is done (which doesn't look to be too long away)

rlplaymaker
02-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Ok, if The Offspring decided to leave songs like dirty magic and beheaded and lapd off their FIRST Greatest Hits album, why would it make sense that they would put them on their SECOND Greatest Hits album???? ANd those songs werent "hits" even though they are great songs. And they'll never need any money for the rest of their lives dude. From all the records they've sold, theyre set for life.

i-want-him-only
02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey i bet you could make a thread on that when mine is done (which doesn't look to be too long away)
i think it's been done already

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
IF they did and it didn't include some new track... they would probably include:

Lightning Rod
Come Out Swinging
Special Delivery
Vultures
Dirty Magic
Kick Him When He's Down
L.A.P.D.
Nothing From Something
Blackball
Beheaded
No Brakes
Race Against Myself
Bad Habit
Walla Walla
Staring at The Sun

Dmarques
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
(to person who made thread) Are you stupid? The songs on the first 2 albums are NOT HITS!

They are, but The Offspring will never include these songs in a Greatest Hits Cd(my opinion but). Remember: If they never play Dirty magic, Beheaded etc, in the concerts why do they'll include these songs in a GH?!
I don't believe

Dmarques
02-24-2006, 02:31 PM
IF they did and it didn't include some new track... they would probably include:

Lightning Rod
Come Out Swinging
Special Delivery
Vultures
Dirty Magic
Kick Him When He's Down
L.A.P.D.
Nothing From Something
Blackball
Beheaded
No Brakes
Race Against Myself
Bad Habit
Walla Walla
Staring at The Sun

I don't know:
Bad Habit
Genocide
What happened to you?
Meaning of life
Cool to hate
Mota
I choose
Have you ever
The end of the line
She's got issues
Million Miles away
Dammit I changed again
Long way home
Race against Myself
Spare me the details

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 02:55 PM

Lightning Rod
Come Out Swinging
Special Delivery
Vultures
Dirty Magic
Kick Him When He's Down
L.A.P.D.
Nothing From Something
Blackball
Beheaded
No Brakes
Race Against Myself
Bad Habit
Walla Walla
Staring at The Sun

WOW MY 1ST POST WHERE SOMEONE HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTIVE AND HAS NOT TAKEN THE MICKY!

Llamas
02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
That's what we call a "best of" album. "best of" is different from "greatest hits". I am redubbing this thread "what would you want if the offspring released a 'BEST OF' album?" Maybe we can answer and stop fighting then :P

If they were to release a "best of" album, I'd want a double disc. I'd want these songs, and in this order.

disc 1:
Kick Him When He's Down
Bad Habit
The Noose
Kill the President
Lightning Rod
Dirty Magic
Million Miles Away
Change the World
Tehran
Americana
Never Gonna Find Me
Come Out Swinging
Crossroads
Amazed

disc 2:
I'll Be Waiting
Have You Ever
Self Esteem
Mota
Smash
Race Against Myself
Something to Believe In
Beheaded
Vultures
Nothing From Something
Living in Chaos
Forever and a Day
End of the Line
Cool to Hate
Pay the Man

dirty_magic
02-24-2006, 04:58 PM
hahaha F@ BANKZ got owned!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Ok look pal-o, when a band releases a greatest hits record, that means their retirement is coming up soon. And chnaces are that they wont have a huge record for this coming album, so no need to release the same stuff twice and add 1 more song. Get it? Got it? Good.

Llamas
02-24-2006, 05:07 PM
how many bands can you think of that released a greatest hits long before retirement, or even before their peak? only one that released one before their peak that I can think of is red hot chili peppers. the cranberries released one before they were done, but after their peak... that's all I can even think of.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Look, the guys are getting old. Well, not so old that they wont play music anymore, but chances are this is there last album, or theres gonna be one more after this. Catch my drift?

Llamas
02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I wasn't saying you're wrong... I was agreeing...

F@ BANKZ
02-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Man, I Cannot B Bothered Argueing The Same Thing Time And Time Again. Stop Goin 4 Me, There's Only So Much A Guy Can Take :(

Emily_offspring_fan
03-12-2006, 07:13 AM
how many bands can you think of that released a greatest hits long before retirement, or even before their peak? only one that released one before their peak that I can think of is red hot chili peppers. the cranberries released one before they were done, but after their peak... that's all I can even think of.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Red hot chili peppers. Are they the ones?
I hope Offspring don't want to retire. If this'd happen I will kill myself. Seriously.

:mad: i hate my horrible english, sorry. I hope you can understand what I said.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Whyd you bump this?

Drummerguy123
03-12-2006, 10:01 AM
I have had the idea of a 2-disk "best of" album for a while. The first disk could be the "Early Days" from S/T, Ignition, and Smash. The second disk could be "Lattre Days" with songs from Ixnay, Amercana, Co1, Splinter, and their new album. All of the songs could be non-singles. I know, I copied led Zeppelin, but I think a Best of album would fit The Offspring more than a Greatest Hits album.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Whyd you bump this?

It isn't an old thread and it was one of those threads that is 'okay' if it is bumped.

Corpse
03-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Man, I Cannot B Bothered Argueing The Same Thing Time And Time Again. Stop Goin 4 Me, There's Only So Much A Guy Can Take :(

Why say that instead of just ignoring the thread all together?

offspring kid
03-12-2006, 10:41 AM

I heared Noodles talking about Greatest Hits 2,but he was being sarcastic!

Camilamazed
03-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I honestly prefer their retirement rather than a Greatest Hits volume II.

*Heart breaks*

Drummerguy123
03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
I honestly prefer their retirement rather than a Greatest Hits volume II.

*Heart breaks*

*gasp!* WHY!?!?!?!? :eek:

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't see a "Best Of" album until after they retire, and I don't really think that they're going to make another Hits compilation, unless they re-do the existing one by adding tracks to it.

Camilamazed
03-12-2006, 11:18 AM
*gasp!* WHY!?!?!?!? :eek:

I see no point in a GHs vol II.

They have already made a CD with all their Hits. What are the other hits they have???

A new one should sound pretty much like the first. Or it would seem that they're re-releasing their work, Which in my opinion would sound pretty much lame of them.

So, If they're lacking of imagination, Go to Hawai, beat the Da Huis and rest for the rest of their lives.

If they still want to do something nice, An Official Live CD or DVD with their best moments since 1989 would be very much welcomed by us, fans.

Camilamazed
03-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't see a "Best Of" album until after they retire, and I don't really think that they're going to make another Hits compilation, unless they re-do the existing one by adding tracks to it.

I agree. Repetitive albums make me sick. Best of album would also be like the GHs.

Drummerguy123
03-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I see no point in a GHs vol II.

They have already made a CD with all their Hits. What are the other hits they have???

A new one should sound pretty much like the first. Or it would seem that they're re-releasing their work, Which in my opinion would sound pretty much lame of them.

So, If they're lacking of imagination, Go to Hawai, beat the Da Huis and rest for the rest of their lives.

If they still want to do something nice, An Official Live CD or DVD with their best moments since 1989 would be very much welcomed by us, fans.

Oh, I think they were talking about another compilation after maybe another 5 or 6 albums. And yes, I think a live dvd would quite possibly be the greatest thing makind has ever seen. But first, we need a new album because 1) People don't think they have it in them to make new stuff, 2) They need to blow us out of the water with another album as good as Ixnay or Ignition, and 3) They need to show the world that they are, in fact, better than Green Day (and I know they can do it becase they are, in fact, better than Green Day). Plus, I think all of us hardcore fans really want a video for the re-recorded version of Dirty Magic. At least all this is my opinion on things...

Lithuanian Offspring
03-12-2006, 11:23 AM
You're a fucking moron. Don't ever post again.

Camilamazed
03-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh, I think they were talking about another compilation after maybe another 5 or 6 albums. And yes, I think a live dvd would quite possibly be the greatest thing makind has ever seen. But first, we need a new album because 1) People don't think they have it in them to make new stuff, 2) They need to blow us out of the water with another album as good as Ixnay or Ignition, and 3) They need to show the world that they are, in fact, better than Green Day (and I know they can do it becase they are, in fact, better than Green Day). Plus, I think all of us hardcore fans really want a video for the re-recorded version of Dirty Magic. At least all this is my opinion on things...

Compilations are very boring. Bands Like Queen, Rolling stones , Iron maiden or Judas Priest okay. They've got more then 15 Cds. So, Compilations help people know their old stuff. But Offspring no. They've got a few Cds. GHs and Best Ofs sound pretty much idiotic.

We fans indeed need new stuff. I am still waiting for their best. I know they still are capable of surprising their fans. They kind of did it when they re-recorded DM. Although I didn't like the new version, I have to admit that no one was waiting for it. But making a video on it would sound repetitive. Recording Okay, but working on this song again is too much for me.

I still believe in them and I don't want them to show the world that they're better than green day (This is totally overrated and became an unpleasent subject). I want them to show the world that they're still capable of doing amazing things and specially surprising their fans and getting more and more of them.

They didn't get the success they wanted with Splinter. I still do not uderstand why so. Maybe because they worked with wrong songs. Who knows. It seems that the band got disappointed with it and slowed down.

New stuff would help them a lot. New stuff would blow all of us out of the water.

Drummerguy123
03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
I definately agree. The reason I would like a video for Dirty magic, even though it would be the like the 5th version I have heard of that song, is because I want to see what they feel this song is exactly about and I want others to know that they aren't all about crap sons like Pretty Fly. I just think more people need to know that they are a very serious band that just likes to have fun occasionally. There is not a doubt in my mind that this new album will go platinum and be one of their best because they know what works and what doesn't work with the genereal population and they know what all of us older fans want to hear from them.

Llamas
03-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I like this topic, and I agree with both of you. I can see where you are both coming from. I would not like to see another GH album or a best of album... a live album or a live dvd would be amazing, though. I would like a DM video, but only if they put a TON of effort into the new album FIRST. I do not want them wasting their talent on something that's 14 years old...

bouncingcoles
03-12-2006, 01:07 PM

that most likely wont happen

F@ BANKZ
03-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Why say that instead of just ignoring the thread all together?
Because i thought that way no one would bother with the thread anymore, i was kinda right.

Whyd you bump this?
I think he did it because Tijs closed 2 threads like this one and put up a link to this one.

You're a fucking moron. Don't ever post again. FUCK YOU!!

HeadAroundU
03-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I doubt they want to make another GH!

I think they should make a "best of" + "B-side" as a double CD but when they retire.

and maybe Complete Music Video Collection 2

Isn't it cool idea?

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Compilations are very boring. Bands Like Queen, Rolling stones , Iron maiden or Judas Priest okay. They've got more then 15 Cds. So, Compilations help people know their old stuff. But Offspring no. They've got a few Cds. GHs and Best Ofs sound pretty much idiotic.

I think more that like on or two Greatest Hits or Best Of's by a band is dumb in itself, even if the band has a lot of albums. That's one thing I like about the Offspring a lot is that there's only the one GH, and they waited a good amount of time before even thinking about doing it.

A live Offspring DVD would be neat, but I like the ones they put out now that have a mix of live stuff and skateboarding footage and things, because that type of video release from a band is really rare these days.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-12-2006, 03:30 PM
OK, look. As I said in my thread, they willl NOT release another GH album or anything related. Unless it is b sides. I dont see why you guys want another collection of songs we already have. Very pointless to release a cd that we already have with 2 more songs on it. Does anyone see where Im coming from?

Llamas
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I agree with that comment, too. I own all the offspring's cds except the GH. Why would I want that? Why would I want the band to make another collection of songs I already have? It's not worth $16 for two new songs...

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Thank god. The only person that agrees with me.

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
OK, look. As I said in my thread, they willl NOT release another GH album or anything related. Unless it is b sides. I dont see why you guys want another collection of songs we already have. Very pointless to release a cd that we already have with 2 more songs on it. Does anyone see where Im coming from?

I agree completely, but the point of GH collections are to gain new fans. A casual fan who likes the radio hits picks it up because they like most of the songs, then they get inspired to go buy their other albums if they like it enough. Barely ever do bands release GH albums for older fans.

Some bands, though, do load up their greatest hits albums with new stuff. R.E.M.'s 2nd greatest hits collection had an entire disc of b-sides, plus 3 unreleased songs on the first disc.*

*I know I dissed bands that do 2 or more GH albums, but their first one was put out by their first record label without consent.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Woo!! Two people. Keep teh good comments cooming people

Llamas
03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree completely, but the point of GH collections are to gain new fans. A casual fan who likes the radio hits picks it up because they like most of the songs, then they get inspired to go buy their other albums if they like it enough. Barely ever do bands release GH albums for older fans.

Some bands, though, do load up their greatest hits albums with new stuff. R.E.M.'s 2nd greatest hits collection had an entire disc of b-sides, plus 3 unreleased songs on the first disc.*

*I know I dissed bands that do 2 or more GH albums, but their first one was put out by their first record label without consent.

well it is true that a GH album is not for the fans... but it IS when they put new songs on it... the new songs are to get their hardcore fans to buy the album... not for the casual listener who's never heard their other stuff. Anyway, they are essentially made for the radio-fans, but then why should we care? My point is that I don't care for another GH or anything like it, and I'd rather them put their time into new stuff that's gonna sound great.

I don't mind GH albums when they have a lot of other stuff on it.

PS: I hate u2, but what do you think about their GH method? They released a GH 1980-1990, and then 1990-2000... and both of them contained a b-sides album. I can't stand u2, but in their case, I don't think the GH method was bad.

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 04:46 PM
It's a great method, because they arn't overdoing it by doing 2 or 3 compilations with the same songs.

Drummerguy123
03-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I agree with that comment, too. I own all the offspring's cds except the GH. Why would I want that? Why would I want the band to make another collection of songs I already have? It's not worth $16 for two new songs...

I mostly got it just for the sake of having it. I wouldn't want my collection to be incomplete. And the interviews were pretty cool, too.

Camilamazed
03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
With the B-sides, covers and Demos they've got, it'd be perfect for a CD.

Compilations and GHs buuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrn

Drummerguy123
03-12-2006, 08:35 PM
They should just quickly throw together a b-sides/rare tracks album after this new one. They don't need to spend to much time on something like that, but I would still like one.

Ninty Man
03-12-2006, 08:38 PM
They should just quickly throw together a b-sides/rare tracks album after this new one. They don't need to spend to much time on something like that, but I would still like one.

Yeah, with Smash it up and DUi, and another songs I dont know

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I can't see how this thread is any different from the "what do you think should have been on the GH" threads we have, of which there are a zillion, so...closed.

Tijs
03-13-2006, 09:37 AM
And re-opened.

1565: I've pointed out this thread for people to talk about the Greatest Hits. This thread has the most recent posts, and it's a pretty general GH-thread. Send me a PM if you have any trouble with it, and we'll work something out.

F@ BANKZ
03-13-2006, 10:07 AM
i'm going take this oppertunity to put right my fault, if the Offspring were to release a BEST OF album; which songs would be on it, including those on greatest hits:

Mine:
1: Deamons
2: Tehran
3: Beheaded
4: Get it right
5: Dirty Magic
6: No hero
7: COAP
8: Self Esteem
9: Gotta Get Away
10: The Meaning Of Life
11: Gone Away
12: All i want
13: Amazed
14: Cool to hate
15: Pretty Fly
16: TKAA
17: She's Got Issues
18: Have You Ever
19: Pay The Man
20: Original Prankster
21: Want You Bad
22: Million Miles Away
23: The Noose
24: Hit That
25: Race Against Myself
26: Head Around You
27: Can't Repeat
28: Defy You,,,,, I might also have Genocide
Any different or variations?

Corpse
03-13-2006, 10:25 AM
One Fine Day instead of Hit That, Lightning Rod instead of Defy You, Jennifer lost the war instead of demons and it's perfect and Lightning Rod instead of Defy You

Emily_offspring_fan
03-13-2006, 10:34 AM
oh good Tijs reopened the thread, God bless him :D , cause I wanna post here

This is my list, in order:
1-Beheaded
2-I'll be waiting
3-Dirty Magic
4-LAPD
5-Nitro (Youth Energy)
6-Bad Habit
7-Gotta get away
8-Self esteem
9-Come out and play
10-The Meaning of Life
11-Mota
12-Cool to hate
13-Gone Away
14-I choose
15-All I want
16-Staring at the sun
17-TKAA
18-WDYGAJ
19-Pretty fly
20-Original Prankster
21-Come out swinging
22-Vultures
23-Want you bad
24-Defy You
25-Da Hui
26- CGMHAY
27-Hit that
30-Can't repeat

hmm that's all...a lot of songs... :D

Jalle
03-13-2006, 10:38 AM
yeah..my question is, if it's really true that they will make a new album! when will it comes out?

OMG my english is soooo bad :D

Jalle
03-13-2006, 10:42 AM
so..ok! once again^^

so... ehm can anyone sent me their "lovesongs" by offspring...! because i dont have so much songs...just the songs from the best of album!
and...lol i'm not THAT rich^^

you can add me @ icq or msn...! pls be that nice :-D

F@ BANKZ
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
the offspring don't really DO "lovesongs". I think it's about the only style of music they don't.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
I think he means that he wants us to send him our favourite songs... or something.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah..my question is, if it's really true that they will make a new album! when will it comes out?

OMG my english is soooo bad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

so..ok! once again^^

so... ehm can anyone sent me their "lovesongs" by offspring...! because i dont have so much songs...just the songs from the best of album!
and...lol i'm not THAT rich^^

you can add me @ icq or msn...! pls be that nice :-D

Yeah they will make a new album, we don't know when will it comes out, I hope this year :D

I can send you my Offspring songs...but lovesongs??? :confused:
Offspring DON'T have Lovesongs!!
anyway i will add you, or add me you better cause I have to go and I didn't have so much time, my msn is not opened.

F@ BANKZ
03-13-2006, 12:48 PM
oh good Tijs reopened the thread, God bless him :D , cause I wanna post here

This is my list, in order:
1-Beheaded
2-I'll be waiting
3-Dirty Magic
4-LAPD
5-Nitro (Youth Energy)
6-Bad Habit
7-Gotta get away
8-Self esteem
9-Come out and play
10-The Meaning of Life
11-Mota
12-Cool to hate
13-Gone Away
14-I choose
15-All I want
16-Staring at the sun
17-TKAA
18-WDYGAJ
19-Pretty fly
20-Original Prankster
21-Come out swinging
22-Vultures
23-Want you bad
24-Defy You
25-Da Hui
26- CGMHAY
27-Hit that
30-Can't repeat

hmm that's all...a lot of songs... :D Yeah i would add Bad Habit
and Cool to hate.

Apathy
03-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Greatest hits are for die hard fans and for people who are just getting into the band.

If you want to hear the old songs, listen to them on the cd, or make up a mix collection yourself.

Either way, would you not prefer to have a cd with more tracks on it? Even if they are technically not hits, at least they're trying to put out a good cd.

The offspring won't make another greatest hits. Unless they're around for another 10 or 15 years.

Ninty Man
03-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah they will make a new album, we don't know when will it comes out, I hope this year :D

I can send you my Offspring songs...but lovesongs??? :confused:
Offspring DON'T have Lovesongs!!
anyway i will add you, or add me you better cause I have to go and I didn't have so much time, my msn is not opened.

Want you bad it's kinda a love song... dont?

.:SMASH:.
03-13-2006, 03:13 PM

this guy has a good explanation. i like it.

Llamas
03-13-2006, 03:14 PM
...usually wanting your gf to wear leather and be x-rated and shit does not equal love :P

Emily_offspring_fan
03-13-2006, 03:18 PM

If you mean by lovesongs songs like Spare Me the Details or Denial revisited maybe. But they don't have the style of a lovesong, only the lyrics.

03-13-2006, 03:20 PM
lol want you bad isn't a love song, it's too dirty

F@ BANKZ
03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
True, but it's he closest your gonna get.

Llamas
03-14-2006, 12:26 AM
nah, me and my old lady is closer :)

F@ BANKZ
03-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Lol, it actually is aswell. :eek: Awesome :cool:

F@ BANKZ
03-14-2006, 08:10 AM
i'm going take this oppertunity to put right my fault, if the Offspring were to release a BEST OF album; which songs would be on it, including those on greatest hits:

Mine:
1: Deamons
2: Tehran
3: Beheaded
4: Get it right
5: Dirty Magic
6: No hero
7: COAP
8: Self Esteem
9: Gotta Get Away
10: The Meaning Of Life
11: Gone Away
12: All i want
13: Amazed
14: Cool to hate
15: Pretty Fly
16: TKAA
17: She's Got Issues
18: Have You Ever
19: Pay The Man
20: Original Prankster
21: Want You Bad
22: Million Miles Away
23: The Noose
24: Hit That
25: Race Against Myself
26: Head Around You
27: Can't Repeat
28: Defy You,,,,, I might also have Genocide
Any different or variations?
Just thought i'd refresh the topic :D The thread has been been really random for the last page or 2.

Jakebert
03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
If you mean by lovesongs songs like Spare Me the Details or Denial revisited maybe. But they don't have the style of a lovesong, only the lyrics.

Love song is not a type of music. Any genre of music can have love songs.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-14-2006, 04:11 PM
You guys seriosuly dont know what a greatest HITS album is. Its not the bands songs that you like that are on the albums. Its the bands HITS. The songs that are played on the radio. The singles.

Ninty Man
03-14-2006, 04:52 PM

And if the girl it's dirty??? I mean, it will be like a Serenata....mmm, better say it in english way... Ah yea!!! Like singing out her house... do you get it??? Or maybe I didn't explain it well? :confused:

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-14-2006, 04:56 PM
The above post, makes absoloutley no sense..at all.

Jalle
03-15-2006, 09:02 AM
SOOOORY I DIDNT MEAN LOVESONGS IN THAT WAY!!!
please dont think wrong about me! i just wanted to say: "my favourite songs" not lovesongs... :eek:

...and i am not THAT silly to say AND mean it in an offspringforum^^

so please FORGIVE ME ... lol

F@ BANKZ
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Someone pointed that out earlier but i think we all chose to ignore them.
Some of my lovesongs: The Kids Arn't Alright, Come Out And Play, Self Esteem, Gone Away, Gotta Get Away, The Noose. Yours?

Jalle
03-16-2006, 10:30 AM
these kids aren't alright, self estreem, defy you, pretty fly,gotta keep em seperated, and my fafourite song is cant get my head...! but i just have the bvest of album..so i dont know that much songs..! but i can say: i really like every song from this album^^ :D :D

Rufus
03-16-2006, 11:31 AM
these kids aren't alright, self estreem, defy you, pretty fly,gotta keep em seperated, and my fafourite song is cant get my head...! but i just have the bvest of album..so i dont know that much songs..! but i can say: i really like every song from this album^^ :D :D
don't you mean Come Out And Play not Gotta Keep Em Separated

Ninty Man
03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
The above post, makes absoloutley no sense..at all.

MMM, yeah I know... I dont know how to explain the concept of serenata

Hux
03-17-2006, 12:08 AM
That and how to explain it in English :p.

Jalle
03-17-2006, 07:08 AM
don't you mean Come Out And Play not Gotta Keep Em Separated

@ the back of the album it stand both names..!
gotta keep em seperated & come out and play...!

sooo.........

and i like hit that! i forgot it..!

and one of my newest favourite songs is: DIRTY MAGIC

WOW NEVER REALLY HEARD SUCH A BRILLIANT SONG BEFORE (just sometimes ;D no, what i wanna say is: I LOVE THAT SONG :D thank emi^^ )

aavikko
03-17-2006, 03:59 PM
After a few more album or their retirment, the chance r The Offspring r gonna want 2 make a new greatest hit or a second volume 4 it. If they make a 2nd volume, which songs (which have already been recorded) would be on it and would they put some from Ignition or the 1st album on? speak english that i can unnderstand it too :D

German Andres
03-18-2006, 06:44 AM
If they wanted, The Offspring could make a second Greatest Hits. The first CD has al lot of good songs that sounded a lot in the 1990, like Elders, Beheaded, I`ll be Waiting and Blackball (wich is in Tony Hawk`s Pro Skater 4 soundtrack) :cool:

F@ BANKZ
03-18-2006, 02:22 PM
If they wanted, The Offspring could make a second Greatest Hits. The first CD has al lot of good songs that sounded a lot in the 1990, like Elders, Beheaded, I`ll be Waiting and Blackball (wich is in Tony Hawk`s Pro Skater 4 soundtrack) :cool:

Yeah but the probem is they wernt HITS.

I think that "Best Of" is a great idea for the futre but wi11 they be ab1e to put ear1y songs on it wi11 they be accepted enough. Ignition sho1 be but im not sure if the first wi11 apart from Beheded.

Llamas
03-18-2006, 07:22 PM
please stop using the number "1" to represent the letter "L". It's not cool, it's not funny, it's not easier... it just makes your post harder to read. So does "2" instead of "to" and "4" instead of "for". If you have enough time to post on a message board, you have enough time to type out the two-letter-word "to".

Jalle
03-20-2006, 08:10 AM
please stop using the number "1" to represent the letter "L". It's not cool, it's not funny, it's not easier... it just makes your post harder to read. So does "2" instead of "to" and "4" instead of "for". If you have enough time to post on a message board, you have enough time to type out the two-letter-word "to".

yeah i think so too^^

but that sounds sooo angry :p

F@ BANKZ
03-20-2006, 12:19 PM

Be fair i wasnt spposed to be :( . My letter l wasnt working since my brother spilt tea on the keyboard. My apostraphy still doesnt :mad: work and the letters t and k are still hard to type, the text above is the closest to evience i have. If i did type like a retard i woldnt do it on this site, id get slaughtered.

Llamas
03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
alright, you're forgiven for the 1 then...

Hux
03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Be fair i wasnt spposed to be :( . My letter l wasnt working since my brother spilt tea on the keyboard. My apostraphy still doesnt :mad: work and the letters t and k are still hard to type, the text above is the closest to evience i have. If i did type like a retard i woldnt do it on this site, id get slaughtered.
That sucks man, get a new keyboard.

F@ BANKZ
03-21-2006, 12:18 AM
im slowly and painfully fixing this one insead.

Llamas
03-21-2006, 01:33 AM
...a new keyboard will run you about $10. just put it down, man.

F@ BANKZ
03-21-2006, 08:16 AM
nah, this way i can say i have actually done it

yamabeans709
03-21-2006, 10:42 AM
meaning of life and i choose... i'm still pissed that it wasnt on the greatest hits, it makes no sense to me :mad:

F@ BANKZ
03-21-2006, 11:12 AM
The Meaning Of Life yes, but im just not a big fan of I Choose, i dont see the attraction.

Jalle
03-21-2006, 01:00 PM
what ?! :confused:

F@ BANKZ
03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
what!?!? :confused: what

03-22-2006, 12:57 AM
i do not agree with this idea. at all. no. no this idea is pooey. yes. yes indeed. quite pooey indeed

Jalle
03-22-2006, 06:39 AM
i like i chose :D

F@ BANKZ
03-22-2006, 08:07 AM
i do not agree with this idea. at all. no. no this idea is pooey. yes. yes indeed. quite pooey indeed
i dont "not like" it, i just dont think it should have been on GH thats all.

Eddie
03-22-2006, 08:16 AM
I always hated the concept "greatest hits". They sould do a Best of or better a live album. It would be better.

Jalle
03-22-2006, 10:07 AM
yeah i agree ^^
no what i wanted to say is: ach i dont know anymore :confused: :confused:

ah yeah... ah shit -.-

Emily_offspring_fan
03-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Jalle I'm glad you like Dirty Magic :D

Hux
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
I always hated the concept "greatest hits". They sould do a Best of or better a live album. It would be better.
How would they pick those songs? It also most probably wouldn't sell as well.

Llamas
03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
it wouldn't sell as well for them to do a best-of. I think if they were gonna do a best-of, they'd have to do a double of a live album, or a b-sides for anyone to buy it.

Jalle
03-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Jalle I'm glad you like Dirty Magic :D

yah me too^^

its great and amazed is great too :D :D

F@ BANKZ
03-23-2006, 08:23 AM
it wouldn't sell as well for them to do a best-of. I think if they were gonna do a best-of, they'd have to do a double of a live album, or a b-sides for anyone to buy it.
I dont know, in time the Offspring might well become famous again, i mean they are definaely good enough, if they do it could be a kind album to mark a major comeback, in an event like tha it could be huge.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-23-2006, 09:28 AM
In my opinion it'd definitely NOT be good for them to make a 2nd greatest hits, a best of or whatever. They MUST make more new albums. Best of or GH are boring. Just songs that you know...no! New albums...yes!
And I'm sooo glad they are making a new album!

F@ BANKZ
03-23-2006, 10:44 AM
sorry i was talking about a best of album. That would almost definaetly work better than a GH2, admitidly. Besides its not like they would have to work to hard on one