PDA

View Full Version : Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo?

Megs
02-24-2006, 10:07 AM
After watching some of the original film, old version, i've decided i want romeo's babies. but besides that point, i pose the question, what happened to the men of shakespeare's time? here we have romeo, jumping through trees, climbing trees and balconies and risking death to get to his love.....and yet the avergae male today, is far more likelt to send his "gurl" a text saying, "come meet me a....." Where has the romance gone? where i ask!? is it to much to ask to be treated romantically for once? talk of "thy lips having sinned, let thy lips sin again" rather than, "another snog?"

nieh
02-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Speaking in prose and iambic pentameter isn't the only way to be romantic!

Paint_It_Black
02-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Why are the men always expected to be romantic and do the chasing?

I want a woman to romance me for a change.

Megs
02-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm perfectly happy to be romantic with a guy, but if he shrugs it off.....hell what's the point? guys just seem to have lost all sensitiveness and feeling, unless they're gay....it's heartbreaking enough!

Paint_It_Black
02-24-2006, 10:31 AM
guys just seem to have lost all sensitiveness and feeling, unless they're gay....it's heartbreaking enough!

Are you kidding? There's far too many overly emo guys these days. Perhaps you need to find yourself one of these.

All About Eve
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Pfft, no girl has ever come to MY balcony. Maybe because I don't have but one floor, but still.

Megs
02-24-2006, 10:33 AM
bah, none where i live. unless you count brookes.....eek..... but yeah...guys seem to have lost all interest, all romance has disappeared! and yes, i'm going to complain!

nieh
02-24-2006, 10:35 AM
My problem isn't that we're supposed to be romantic. My problem is that people have such a cliche definition of romantic. Buying people flowers, chocolate, writing (bad) poetry. That stuff is hokey and (aside from the bad poetry) feels like an impersonal cop-out thing to me. People need to be more creative.

Megs
02-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I mean, the way they spoke in those days. it was they way they used their words. and one thing's for sure, I'd rather wake up to flowers and a kiss than a con-dom and a shag.

Paint_It_Black
02-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I'll start being romantic when women start leaving the toilet seat up.

the_GoDdEsS
02-24-2006, 10:38 AM
My problem isn't that we're supposed to be romantic. My problem is that people have such a cliche definition of romantic. Buying people flowers, chocolate, writing (bad) poetry. That stuff is hokey and (aside from the bad poetry) feels like an impersonal cop-out thing to me. People need to be more creative.

I couldn't agree more.

killer_queen
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
My thoughts exactly. I can't understand what the fuck is wrong with those kind of girls. If you are a fan of those cliché stuff you have to be more realistic. It's stupid to expect flowers from a boy but cooking together is one of the most fun and romantic things and it's so easy to catch the atmosphere(?).

Also waiting everything form males is so selfish. Most of the girls can't even remember when was the last time that they bought something for their boyfriends or massaged them or at least did something nice for them. If you're looking for romance you should deserve it.

Megs
02-24-2006, 10:49 AM
That's what i said. i'm perfectly happy to do romantic tings with them, i've cooked teas for my ex-boyfriend before and one allsorts, and he had a necklace that uber sentimental velu to him that he gave as a kind of relationship thing. and it's things like that i like. but if guys aren't willing to be romantic for me, why should i be romantic for them?

killer_queen
02-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Because you love them? (that sounds like you have a few boyfriends) I mean this is love, it sounds cliche and I know I said you should do something to get something from them but you shouldn't expect things for everything you do.

Rocky-girl
02-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Pfft, no girl has ever come to MY balcony. Maybe because I don't have but one floor, but still.
Very interesting answer. But you forgot that not women, MEN must climbing bolconies they are strong enough ot do this and women are frigile.
But really I think that times are gone, when for love people could do the craziest thing, even die. All world became rude. Now not boys fight for girl, but girls for boy. Strange.

Paint_It_Black
02-24-2006, 11:45 AM
But really I think that times are gone, when for love people could do the craziest thing, even die.

It would be awesome to have something worth dying for. We'll all die someday anyway, might as well believe it meant something.

Rocky-girl
02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes, we're all die, even without love. I mean that not everybody have a ability for love. Pity.

the_GoDdEsS
02-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey, I think climbing a balcony to raid your man's room and surprise him would be awesome and amusing.

Tizzalicious
02-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Stalking is so much more romantic <3

I don't even get texts by the way.

Pfff :(

wheelchairman
02-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Fuck you, you got a butt sex song. That is so romantic.

Tizzalicious
02-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Ah yes <3 And that poo-love picture!

Andy
02-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey, I think climbing a balcony to raid your man's room and surprise him would be awesome and amusing.
Especially if you catch him in the middle of a wank.

BREAK
02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Punching your girl in the face >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> flowers.

Izie
02-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Eh, I'm too difficult for romance :/

the_GoDdEsS
02-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Especially if you catch him in the middle of a wank.

What's wrong with that? Would be a nice opportunity to help, no?

Paint_It_Black
02-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Sim just gained points with every male on the BBS.