PDA

View Full Version : from which song did you became an Offspring fan?

All_I_WANT
02-24-2006, 05:40 PM
It was around 2001 when my uncle bought us me and my sister (I was around 10 years old back then, she was around 12) the Sega Dramcast with 4 different games, one of them was Crazy Taxi. The soundtrack of the game included 3 songs from The offspring, The only song I liked was "All I Want" which I really enjoyed while playing the game, then unfortunalety around 9 month after, my Dreamcast got fucked up and I quickly forgot all about the song which I didn't knew the band's name or the songs name. 5 years later (2 days ago) I remembered about the song (somehow it just pop out of my mind) and could only remember very little on how it went, but I really wanted to hear it again so I did a search on google about the soundtrack of Crazy taxi, I found out There were only six songs performed by 2 different bands (one of them was The Offspring). I went to some site to view the lyrics of those 6 songs, the I find one of those songs with the words " Ya ya ya ya ya" which I remember the song began with that. I listened to the song online (didn't downloaded) and YES!!! at first, I didn't liked it as much, but afterwards I was hooked with it and listened around 5 times in a row (since it's really short). My sister also used to like this song so we both listened to "All I Want" after 5 years, and she still likes it, but not as much as she used to. in the other hand, I liked it even more now. I may buy the Greatest Hits CD (which contains this song) but I'm not sure if I will also like the rest of their songs.
Later :cool:

momo1tx
02-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Let me think... the song that first caught my interest was... Hit That. Now I think it's not that great, I just liked the catchy tune because that's all I paid attention to. I was younger and had no taste in music, it simply caught my attention. But after listening to more of their music, I have caught an interest in the more Offspring-sounding songs.

offspring_freak_3
02-24-2006, 05:56 PM
i'm too lazy to write, but i'll only say the first offspring song i heard was pretty fly, and a little tip for u, since u r a newbie, use the search button before making a thread, and if u r not shure if u will buy the greatest hits listen to all the songs from the album first ;)

Plumey
02-24-2006, 05:57 PM
The first Offspring song I ever heard was Genocide, but it was Come out and Play that got me. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure they used to play that song all the time, at malls and on radios and MTV and stuff. It still gets some good airtime in Mexico, from what I've heard. Anyway, I love the drum intro thing. I used to drive my teachers crazy trying to tap it out on my desk in the middle of class. :)

Sinister
02-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Original Prankster, heard it in an English Listening activity (2nd language for me) a couple years ago.

All_I_WANT
02-24-2006, 06:04 PM
...and a little tip for u, since u r a newbie, use the search button before making a thread...
but wouldn't it be bumping to post on an old/dead thread?

Llamas
02-24-2006, 06:04 PM
first one I heard that I knew was the offspring was "pretty fly", "why dont you get a job" was the first one I liked. after I bought the older albums, I totally knew "gone away" "come out and play" and "self esteem" but didn't know it was the same band.

Hux
02-24-2006, 06:11 PM
and a little tip for u, since u r a newbie, use the search button before making a thread

but wouldn't it be bumping to post on an old/dead thread?
This thread is pretty much the same as my thread when I was a newbie and it got closed because it had been done before :p .

bd007h
02-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Pretty much the whole albums of Smash and Ixnay On The Hombre

offspring_freak_3
02-24-2006, 06:13 PM
This thread is pretty much the same as my thread when I was a newbie and it got closed because it had been done before :p .
see, thats why. most of the newbies make threads like this one almost everyday:p

Floyd the Barber
02-24-2006, 06:22 PM
I think it was January or February 2000...I was in 5th grade, got a good midyear report card so my Dad got me Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast. Awesome game...and I loved the Offspring and Bad Religion music. In particular, it was All I Want that got me hooked. A few years later before Christmas 2003 I went online to see which album had that and Way Down the Line, and a few weeks later I got my first 'Spring CD, Ixnay.

All_I_WANT
02-24-2006, 06:38 PM
see, thats why. most of the newbies make threads like this one almost everyday:p
you're right, sorry. But in most of the Message boards I visit, older Threads get deleated so it's not that big of a problem, exept if the thread is a replica of a recent thread.

pyroahiru
02-24-2006, 07:18 PM
I think the song that got me was when they had released Splinter and I saw the video for Hit that.I know thats pitiful,sorry.But I did expand and get all of the cds.But I was also pretty stupid to buy Splinter at Wal mart where it was edited...poop.

Llamas
02-24-2006, 07:19 PM
oh dude I pre-ordered the cd from the site (splinter) and it got here and it was totally the edited version... I'm still fucking pissed to this day. I love hearing live versions and not having words bleeped out on "never gonna find me", "da hui", and "spare me the details"...

darthdudeguy4
02-24-2006, 07:27 PM
oh dude I pre-ordered the cd from the site (splinter) and it got here and it was totally the edited version... I'm still fucking pissed to this day. I love hearing live versions and not having words bleeped out on "never gonna find me", "da hui", and "spare me the details"...
bleeped Da hui is a peice of crap :eek:

Ninty Man
02-24-2006, 08:11 PM

I also think that, but shhh... hide from the fanboys

Well, I guess im not the only one that get hooked with All I want and Crazy Taxi...

SEGA... we owe you so much :D

Hux
02-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Da Hui bleeped? That bleeps out half the song.

Llamas
02-24-2006, 08:32 PM
I know... it BLOWS.

All_I_WANT
02-24-2006, 08:35 PM

just saw the video:
1:10 mitutes of annoxius hawaiian music, then they start singing in a different language which i guess is hebrew.
what the fuck were they thinking, seriously?

Ninty Man
02-24-2006, 08:36 PM
I know... it BLOWS.

If you are telling us that Da Hui made that our Stereo finally spit out Splinter, and starts burning up... yep, you're correct

DeAtHsTaR
02-24-2006, 09:13 PM
just saw the video:
1:10 mitutes of annoxius hawaiian music, then they start singing in a different language which i guess is hebrew.
what the fuck were they thinking, seriously?
How can you not nderstand the words? And by the way, Da Hui is a famous surfing gang.

one_fine_day
02-24-2006, 09:26 PM
come out and play got me listening to the offspring. cause it was on the radio all the time when i was like 10.

Ninty Man
02-24-2006, 09:31 PM
How can you not nderstand the words? And by the way, Da Hui is a famous surfing gang.

I understand it... and it's crappy
Sorry Dexter, but I think that

All_I_WANT
02-24-2006, 09:37 PM

well... it sucks anyway.
but look in the bright side, they have better songs than that. :cool:

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll answer anyway too... because I'm cool like that :cool:

Well the first Offspring song I ever heard was Bad Habit and it just happens to be my favorite Offspring song. But I would say more of Self-Esteem and What Happened To You got me into them more.

punker
02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
it was either pretty fly or original prankster, dont really remember wich one was first

DarrellOCguy
02-24-2006, 10:02 PM
The first song i heared was at a friends house and this song was on and i loved it. it was fast, loud, in your face, and profane. The first cd i bought was smash because bad habit blew me away.

...One things for sure though, if i heared a song like hit that or why dont you get a job or any other pop like song that was way too catchy as the first Offspring song i heared i would have never got into them as much. I think the older stuff just made me kind of accept those kind of songs.

thats just me i guess..

DeAtHsTaR
02-24-2006, 10:12 PM
well... it sucks anyway.
but look in the bright side, they have better songs than that. :cool:
Well, of course it sucks as a song.

Ninty Man
02-24-2006, 10:30 PM
The first song i heared was at a friends house and this song was on and i loved it. it was fast, loud, in your face, and profane. The first cd i bought was smash because bad habit blew me away.

...One things for sure though, if i heared a song like hit that or why dont you get a job or any other pop like song that was way too catchy as the first Offspring song i heared i would have never got into them as much. I think the older stuff just made me kind of accept those kind of songs.

thats just me i guess..

Hit That??? It's cool... it has a good letter

Why dont you get a job it's a satiric version of Obladi obla da from The Beatles

Rufus
02-25-2006, 02:24 AM
The first song that I remember and I knew it was by The Offspring was Nitro but the song that got me listening to them was Come Out And Play

forcyn
02-25-2006, 07:21 AM
it's hard to say which one was first. since I remember, Offspring was always somewhere under all other stuff I was listening to that time [maybe because my brother was, and still is, an Offspring fan], but I think it all started do be something serious after I took my brother's Americana with me to school [tapes... wasn't that just beautiful? :D ] It was like : "man, this is it!". this is how it all started.

Rutegard
02-25-2006, 08:52 AM
pretty fly

i was 12 by then...and it was my very first offspring song i have ever heard

F@ BANKZ
02-25-2006, 12:19 PM
I Would Like 2 Say The Kids Arn't Alright As It Is The 1 I Like The Most And The Second One I Liked. But To Be Honest It Was Actually Cool To Hate

Corpse
02-25-2006, 12:42 PM
The first song i heard ws pretty fly, that song was and still is a really bad song to me. Then i listened to songs like want you bad, orignal pransker etc, and was really hooked. Then it went on from there

F@ BANKZ
02-25-2006, 12:47 PM

I FOR ONE DON'T CARE MUCH BECAUSE WE R GETTING SOME REALLY ACE STORYS OUT OF THIS THREAD, IT REALLY ROCKS MR. DUDE WHO MADE THIS THREAD.

rlplaymaker
02-25-2006, 05:16 PM
My first Offspring fix was when i was in 4th grade. Camping out with some friends, we listened to my friend Mitchell's copy of Americana all night......and when i say Americana i mean Pretty Fly and Why dont you get a job over and over agian....... how naive i was back then, the rest of the CD was so much better than those songs

offspring fan
02-25-2006, 05:56 PM
well i got Ixnay On The Hombre on my 9th birthday and i guess it was i choose i loved first.. so ill go whit i choose...

Llamas
02-25-2006, 06:15 PM
I wish I'd gotten into them when I was like 10... then it would've been right around Smash, and I could've gone to see them live when they played small venues and when dexter had braids, and their shows would've been cheap... :P

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 08:13 PM
well, pretty fly and all i want and way down the line (all i want more) i used to be a big wierd al fan back in the day and he had a parody of prettly fly, that's where i first heard of them then crazy taxi had me with all i want and way down the line and when i typed in "crazy taxi theme" all i want came up and i wasn't addicted quite then but after i bought americana i was hooked

ShitMaster
02-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Session and Forever and a day.Last one always reminds me on the sea.

Tankster949
02-25-2006, 09:11 PM
The Kids Arn't Alright got me into them. My friend had a that song on his website, so I should probably be thanking him, huh?

All_I_WANT
02-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I FOR ONE DON'T CARE MUCH BECAUSE WE R GETTING SOME REALLY ACE STORYS OUT OF THIS THREAD, IT REALLY ROCKS MR. DUDE WHO MADE THIS THREAD.

Thank You :)

Pretty Fly (for a white guy) isn't really that good.
but I guess Green Day took most of the fans around the '94

minority
02-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Can't repeat. Yes, I'm a pretty new fan.
Everything in my life went wrong in last summer. My "best friend" stabbed me in the back and she just bring me down. But then I heard that song, I stand up and think that's enough. I became stronger and stronger. Now everything is alright and I don't care what she's saying. I just want to thank The Offspring, they've saved my life. :D

I'm happy if anyone understand what I wrote there.. :) I'm still learning how to write in english.. You know what I mean? :p

Titus
02-26-2006, 10:13 AM
I remember was loving a girl lol, and I was upsad, so after school I came home and started listening to the radio. Slept and woke up hearing a amazing song. I was like what the name of this song, so after the song the radio guy said: Offspring - pretty fly.
That happens in 1998, after that I bought the cd, and my uncle gave me smash.
7 year later I am here listening to 'em all the time. :D

haveyouever?
02-26-2006, 03:28 PM
anyone who says "hit that" or "pretty fly for a white guy" was a song that drew them to offspring obviously is not a hardcore offspring fan.....those songs were made for the masses...kind of like "get a job" or "original prankster"....those songs are why the offspring has teenie bopping girls as bigtime fans....

darthdudeguy4
02-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Self Esteem was the song that got me into the Offspring :)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Can't repeat. Yes, I'm a pretty new fan.
Everything in my life went wrong in last summer. My "best friend" stabbed me in the back and she just bring me down. But then I heard that song, I stand up and think that's enough. I became stronger and stronger. Now everything is alright and I don't care what she's saying. I just want to thank The Offspring, they've saved my life. :D

I'm happy if anyone understand what I wrote there.. :) I'm still learning how to write in english.. You know what I mean? :p

Well you are a pretty good writer than. And if you want to get more into the Offspring, go in like reverse chronilogical order. Start with Greatest Hits, then Splinter (which I didn't like so much), and then on. Even if you don't feel like doing that, once you feel like a true Offspring fan, get Ignition, you'll love it.

Crusheer
02-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Hit That in october 2005.

Llamas
02-26-2006, 05:32 PM
anyone who says "hit that" or "pretty fly for a white guy" was a song that drew them to offspring obviously is not a hardcore offspring fan.....those songs were made for the masses...kind of like "get a job" or "original prankster"....those songs are why the offspring has teenie bopping girls as bigtime fans....

what the fuck? that's bullshit if I ever heard it... When I was 13, I had awful taste in music. I listened to Nsync and Backstreet Boys and Cher. Then I heard "pretty fly" and "why don't you get a job" on the radio, and loved those songs. They totally matched my current taste in music. So I went out and bought Americana. Somehow, I fell in love with that album, and went out and bought S/T through Ixnay. Absolutely loved the band, and started snatching up comps they were on... and found out about punk music. Totally changed my taste in music. Now I'm a hardcore offspring fan- have been for 9 years. Yet pretty fly and wdygaj were the songs that got me into them.

chicagoboy91
02-26-2006, 07:17 PM
The Kids ARen't alright - some ccrazzy ass shit

chicagoboy91
02-26-2006, 07:18 PM
what the fuck? that's bullshit if I ever heard it... When I was 13, I had awful taste in music. I listened to Nsync and Backstreet Boys and Cher. Then I heard "pretty fly" and "why don't you get a job" on the radio, and loved those songs. They totally matched my current taste in music. So I went out and bought Americana. Somehow, I fell in love with that album, and went out and bought S/T through Ixnay. Absolutely loved the band, and started snatching up comps they were on... and found out about punk music. Totally changed my taste in music. Now I'm a hardcore offspring fan- have been for 9 years. Yet pretty fly and wdygaj were the songs that got me into them.

Rock on llama Rock on

vanessa
02-27-2006, 08:27 AM
i heard Come out and Play when it was release and liked it, but i really became an Offspring fan after Americana. maybe i'm part of the masses but i like them and buy the records just like the hardcore fans. what's the problem?

haveyouever?
02-27-2006, 05:11 PM
well that is a good story then...i'm glad you made the realization into some sweet lyrical based music and riffs away from the pretty boy glamour bands...however i still think some of those songs are made for MTV and the masses...although if you take "give it to me baby" away from pretty fly it is an amazing offspring song...that is mocking the very people who love it...its absolutely genius...

"who wears the masks and who wears the faces i guess i will never know"

oja
02-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I started with hit that, i used to listen hilary duff, shakira and that pop-stuff
til i heard that song that really caought my ear
i bought the album, splinter, then i started buying all of his albums and that's how i became an offspring fan!

Camilamazed
02-27-2006, 07:31 PM
God Bless *Come Out And Play* :D

offspringdude17
02-28-2006, 06:17 AM
pretty fly for a white guy was the first song i ever heard

Holger estonia
03-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Pretty Fly(for a white guy)

Emily_offspring_fan
03-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Pretty Fly. I think that was the song from most of us become an Offspring fans.

Hypodermic_89
03-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Bad Habit :) When I was a kid, I always thought that songs that contained profanity were awesome.

Ronin
03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Get it Right - it blew me away back then and it still does now :)

DStobbs
03-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I'll never forget the day I heard Million Miles Away on the Radio 1 chart show, and my first taste of Offspring genius. Still an amazing song, vert few offspring songs can topple it in my opinion.

Jase
03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
The whole Smash album converted me when my parents bought it for my 8th b'day because they wanted to get me into decent music. God bless them and their awesome taste in music...

Taime13
03-17-2006, 08:19 AM
One Fine Day, Me and my mate were playing the PS2 and wanted some music on, so I found a disc that came free with a magazine and while skipping each song through I listened to One Fine Day and we loved how fast and upbeat it was, then I got my first album at Christmas after I heard One Fine Day.

Mushroom
03-17-2006, 10:38 AM
OMG!!! One fine Day as well!!! My mate had just been given a CD put together by someone he knew and there was One Fine Day and Want You Bad on there. Iwas at his house and he put the CD on while we were playing XBOX and I was hooked after that.

offspring kid
03-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I was 6 when my brother bought a Bilboard Top ten cassette and you all know that Come Out and play was on top so since i listened to COAP so much my brother bought me the albums Ignition and smash, so Come out and play was the the song which made me an offspring fan. :)

Jack the Tripper
03-17-2006, 11:08 AM
For me it was either Pretty Fly For A White Guy or Why Don't You Get A Job.

genocide_
03-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Definitely Pretty Fly was that song.
________
Hawaii marijuana dispensary (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

lost_in_the_shadows
03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
i think the first song i ever heard by the offspring was either "gotta get away" or "come out and play". i was on like 3 or 4 when smash came out but, for christmas a couple years ago, i got my mom to buy it for me... :D

BIG Nicky
03-17-2006, 02:06 PM
i think mine was suprisingly the Offspring cover of Bloodstains cause i played the Ready to Rumble gam, or pretty fly...

i can't remember

Allianz_Ellite93
03-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I was 10 years and was Yu-Gi-Oh Fan <-- :p . Any where i saw a video and the music of it was "Staring at the Sun". I found the track great and then i wanted to listen at more tracks and to know more of Offspring.

Ah Yeah i HATE yu-gi-oh lol

Amiralanal
03-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Pretty fly (ashamed)

.:SMASH:.
03-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Pretty fly (ashamed)
have i posted here before? pretty fly in 1998. when i was 7

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
03-18-2006, 04:01 AM
That was long ago.It was Bad Habit

.:SMASH:.
03-18-2006, 04:02 AM
That was long ago.It was Bad Habit
no way. you're a liar

Painted Pony
03-18-2006, 04:17 AM
The first song I conciously heard was Pretty Fly, I noticed it, but didn't get interested enough to buy any CDs until Original Prankster came out. The lyrics intrigued me immensely, so I went out and bought Conspiracy of One, which I never seem to tire from. Most of the songs on that album are still among my favorite Offspring-songs.

By the way, I actually like Da Hui. I remember listening to it once, and my mom came in and said: "Well, that was beautiful.. :rolleyes: " It cracked me up! :D I love it!

German Andres
03-18-2006, 07:36 AM
It was about 3 or 4 years ago, when I bought a magazine wich contained a CD with a Final Fantasy 9 demo, and it had also a sort of "mix" of the others Final Fantasy presentations; it was exellent, because the song in that video was Staring at the Sun, wich has became my favourite Offspring song.
Nice start, dont you think? :cool:

Browler
03-18-2006, 10:27 PM
About 4 years ago.. A friend give me a copy of Conspiracy of One as Birthday Present. At first I like the whole album because I like the style of band. But the ones that make me a fan were Special Delivery and One Fine Day.

Llamas
03-18-2006, 11:17 PM
weird... those are 2 of my 3 least favorites on that album... (the other being want you bad). I'm also surprised at how many people got turned on by CO1... one of their least popular albums, and, in my opinion, their worst... also, I've seen that final fantasy video w/ staring at the sun... I like it :)

forcyn
03-19-2006, 01:49 AM
well... CO1 is realy good album, I don't know why so many people don't like it. [aahhhhhh... Come Out Swinging.... :D ]

Llamas
03-19-2006, 03:26 PM
most of that album was typical pop, very over-produced. It didn't sound even remotely raw (even americana and splinter were considerably rawer), brenden o'brien produced that album very poorly. There was way too much shit/forgettable music on it... it didn't flow well. It lyrically lacked compared to any of their other albums. It had a few good songs, but overall, it's hard to listen to the entire album. Want you Bad, Original Prankster, special delivery, one fine day, and all along were not awful songs, but they all lacked compared to almost anything the band had done before... all poorly written, generic rock pop songs. They put far more effort into producing the album and promoting it with the downloading contest... that they ended up not being excited about the actual music on it. It's very obvious that they were not proud of the album. Look at how many songs they still play from it: Want You Bad. If the band isn't proud of it, chances are they didn't put a lot of core emotion into it.

Hux
03-19-2006, 05:54 PM
most of that album was typical pop, very over-produced. It didn't sound even remotely raw (even americana and splinter were considerably rawer), brenden o'brien produced that album very poorly. There was way too much shit/forgettable music on it... it didn't flow well. It lyrically lacked compared to any of their other albums. It had a few good songs, but overall, it's hard to listen to the entire album. Want you Bad, Original Prankster, special delivery, one fine day, and all along were not awful songs, but they all lacked compared to almost anything the band had done before... all poorly written, generic rock pop songs. They put far more effort into producing the album and promoting it with the downloading contest... that they ended up not being excited about the actual music on it. It's very obvious that they were not proud of the album. Look at how many songs they still play from it: Want You Bad. If the band isn't proud of it, chances are they didn't put a lot of core emotion into it.
You really hate Conspiracy Of One :p.

Honestly, I can see what you mean by the style of songs and how it is produced but they got all into these offers and stuff which came with how they produced the songs, however it is still to my liking.

Ryder1234
03-19-2006, 06:30 PM
the first song that i heard was genocide when my dad bought jeremy mcgrath supercross 2000 for me when he was on a sales trip down to texas (which is far for me because i live in canada) but what i really liked was the original prankster video cause of the shit sandwich thing and then i heard hit that on much music (its like canadas mtv). so then about may of last year i went to hmv and i was gonna get queens of the stone age - lullabies to paralize dvd version, but my mum said i couldnt cause i already had the standard edition. so then i got greatest hits instead, because of OP and they became my fav band, and all i need now is CO1

pyromaniac
03-19-2006, 07:06 PM
original prankster....and i dont even care for that song very much now. :(

Llamas
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
haha I know what you mean- pretty fly and wdygaj were the first ones for me, and they are at the bottom of the pecking order for me now.

You really hate Conspiracy Of One :p.

Honestly, I can see what you mean by the style of songs and how it is produced but they got all into these offers and stuff which came with how they produced the songs, however it is still to my liking.

I don't hate co1. In fact, it's one of the better albums I own. It's just that it's the worst of the offspring. Had it been the first one I bought, I probably would've liked it, and been a fan of it, but it might not have caused me to run out and buy all the others.

EDIT: come to think of it, I don't think it was just americana that convinced me to go buy the other albums... what happened was I saw the videos from ixnay that were on the cd extra, and I really liked the songs (I choose, meaning of life, all I want, gone away) and the next time I was at the cd store, I looked through the offspring cds to find the one with those songs, and I bought it. I actually think THAT is the cd that truly got me into them.

Eternal Yamcha
03-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Really... Really random.

I remember when I first heard "Pretty Fly For A White Guy." I didn't know what band did it, but I liked the song, that was right after Americana was released.

A couple years later my friend brought some CDs over and I got a chance to listen to a few more songs (the names of the songs is slipping my mind right now.) It wasn't until I heard and liked about 10 of their songs (or something ridiculous) that my friend had me listen to Americana and I realized that they were the guys who did "Pretty Fly For A White Guy." Yeah, I felt like a complete moron at the time, not noticing that the lead singer sounded the same.

Technically, it was "Pretty Fly For A White Guy." But, it could have also been "Come Out Swinging" since that was the one I liked the most when I found out which band they were.

FrancoDaHui
06-02-2006, 06:56 AM
I think it was January or February 2000...I was in 5th grade, got a good midyear report card so my Dad got me Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast. Awesome game...and I loved the Offspring and Bad Religion music. In particular, it was All I Want that got me hooked. A few years later before Christmas 2003 I went online to see which album had that and Way Down the Line, and a few weeks later I got my first 'Spring CD, Ixnay.

HOLY SHIT!!!! YOUR AVATAR IS FUCKING GREAT!!!

...oh, yeah, my first song was staring at the sun. I heard it when i was in junior high (?). It was amazing

ofsmurfsandpixies
06-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Million miles away, and self esteem

skiddles824
06-02-2006, 08:04 AM
the first song i heard by them was hit that but why dont you get a job made me a offspring fan

Ceejio21
06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
No Brakes for me - quality song - someone played it as the B-Side from Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)

ofsmurfsandpixies
06-02-2006, 11:05 AM
yeah-no brakes is an awesome song

Demon_of_Debauchery
06-02-2006, 01:59 PM
For me it was Nitro (Youth Energy) and Dirty Magic as my brothers always used to play Smash and Ignition they played Dirty Magic the most.

Marco_p
06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
The first offspring song I heard was Smash. I became a fan in 5 minutes.

Emily_offspring_fan
06-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Pretty Fly

PhoeniX_0
06-02-2006, 03:44 PM
my first offspring song was no brakes, I heared it in a stick death animation :cool:

Placebo14
06-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Kids arent Alright.

I don't know
06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
self esteem made me an offspring fan

Anya82
06-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Come out and play

Fox J.
06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
The kids aren't alright

Prahv, Spires of Order
06-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Do what you want

NMHFBD
06-03-2006, 03:41 AM
Pretty fly got me into them back in summer of 2001 although i've heard OP and want u bad on MTV before i got hooked by PF.

Niekaip
06-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Staring at the sun, my first real good Offspring song.

Dave666
06-03-2006, 09:34 AM
I was given a copy of 'Smash' by a mate and fell in love with the album instantly! The songs that really stood out for me were:-

1) It'll Be A Long Time.
2) Bad Habit.
3) Come Out Of Play.

Forza
06-03-2006, 09:38 AM
I had heard Come Out and Play before.. but somehow Pretty Fly really catched me. Now I think it's their worst song... but the guitar riff at the start is still cool.

Marco
06-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Believe it or not, I became an Offspring fan with Me & My Old Lady and Way Down the Line

offspring dude
06-03-2006, 12:53 PM
I have been an offspring fan for all my life (literally). My cousin made me hear cool to hate on ixnay and i really liked it, i was only 4 years old at dat time (im now 13 :) ) and since dat day i have been an offspring fan. I always thank my cousin for lettin me no about the Offspring :D

der also wat got me into music itself

Tonza
06-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Only a year ago I had heard only a couple of songs made by Offspring (Hit That, Original Prankster, Why Don't You Get A Job) And I kinda liked them but I wasn't any fan yet. Then I found a chart made by Finnish radio station Radio Mafia (exists no more) there were top 200 songs from all time and Self Esteem was on the fifth place or something and I tried it. Now I have all their albums and like them a lot :cool:

German Andres
06-04-2006, 03:40 PM
The first Offspring song I heard was Staring at the Sun, in a Final Fantasy 7 demo, and I became an Offspring fan instantly since that moment. That happened 4 years ago, when I was in 6 grade. What a good start, don`t you think? :cool:

Hawkster
06-04-2006, 03:42 PM
It was the crazy taxi era for me when i finally became an offspring after hearing all i want, way down the line on the crazy taxi game n ive enjoyed their music ever since

Golden_Boy
06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
i was watchin tv and a the comercial fot the offspring greatst hits came on and i heard hit that and i was instantly hooked. i wasnt one of thoese people that download every song so i went out and bought the cd at walmart. it was instantly my favorite band. so i would have to say the hole greatest hits album was what got me hooked. :cool:

noodle654
06-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Black Ball.......

Awesomo
06-04-2006, 07:12 PM
The live version of TKAA from Woodstock 99'. My brother went and when he came back he played us the CDs and I heard that song and was like whoa man.

ignition991
06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
My friend used to be obsessed with the song "Staring at the Sun" I heard it once thought it was good then forgot about it in 2001? Then in 2003 I saw the "Hit that" Video on T.V. and liked the song because it was catchy. So i went to get music from The Offspring. So I listened to tracks from Americana and really liked it. So from there on i was obsessed with The Offspring. I'm not so much now i just listen to the First three Albums.

noodge
06-04-2006, 10:50 PM
When I was like 6 or something (idk) Why don't you get a job? just came out and I liked it. Everytime it was on I would listen to it, but being young I didn't read the band name and was new to songs like that. Earlier this year, a senior drove me home each day, but one day she put in Americana and I remembered the song. I looked at the band and listen to the names of the songs between her and my sister. Later that day I searched and found offspring.com. There I started to listen/watch all their music, I've never seen. Now everytime I get on I hit that offspring radio and listen to it until I get off.

ForsakenProdigy
06-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Damn it was a great move putting their songs on Crazy Taxi, good times playing Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast and hearing Way Down The Line, I was hooked!

DexterWannabe
06-05-2006, 03:19 PM
sadly it was Get A Job

Flameboy_sim
06-05-2006, 07:06 PM
hmm i think it was The Kids arent Alright im a huge Tibia Freak so on day i was watching a Tibia movie and it was playing the song then i googled the song name and boom an Offspring fan was born :p

damnthelemons
06-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I first heard them in Tony Hawks Pro Skater. It was Blackball. I was only 10 but i got obsessed. It was 2000 and conspiracy of one had just been released - so i got it. :)

Thomas
06-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Lets see.... I really got into them around 2002/2003. I always liked what I heard on the radio, but I never really got into them until Hit That came out. My friend burned me a copy of Splinter and I fell in love with the sound instantly. Splinter was constantly on repeat in my cd player. I couldn't get enough of it. Then, I decided to get Smash, then Americana. I loved those three albums with a passion. Later, I had another friend reccommend Ixnay on the Hombre. I got that. Holy shit. Ever since then, that album has been my favorite. So then I got Ignition and Co1, I was a bit dissappointed with Co1, but Ignition quickly grew on me. For a while, I couldn't decide if I like Ignition or Ixnay more, but as I started paying closer attention to the lyrics, Ixnay secured it's position at #1. Then, I got S/T, CMVC, and Huck it. Yeah, that's pretty much it, except I have a t-shirt, a few other collectable things, an imported Defy You single, and Club Me.

Bloodstains
06-06-2006, 11:42 AM
I've been listening to them since I was about four (1996), because I would listen to whatever my brother was listening to at the time. I got into The Offspring around 2001 a little, but I really got into them from hearing "Burn it Up" last year, played on my favorite radio station (yes, they actually played a song from Ignition, take a guess why it's my favorite station now).

I didn't know who it was by at the time, so I asked my brother (90s punk rock and grunge expert), and he said it was The Offspring. I found Ixnay on The Hombre in a store at around April of last year and bought it, and I haven't been able to stop listening to The Offspring since that...

-- Amazed --
06-06-2006, 03:44 PM
I just bought the Greatest Hits because it was on sale because the store was going out of business. Then I got hooked and bought more Offspring CDs. But I remember when I was little and Americana first came out, my friend got it and the drawings scared me. :p They don't anymore, needless to say.

randman21
06-06-2006, 08:02 PM
The songs that got me into The Offspring were "Pretty Fly" and "Why Don't You Get a Job".

In 2000, my best friend stole a CD player from another kid's locker. He gave the CD that was in it to me. That CD was Americana. I knew nothing about the Offspring except that they sung those songs, which I didn't were on the album or not. I listened to those songs a lot, and, though I liked them, I didn't like the rest, at all (so I'm surprised to this day that I didn't trash it). I was just getting into rock music then, so I think that's the reason.

Fast Forward 5 years, I found this CD amongst a pile of crap and popped it in. I still liked those two songs, plus "TKAA" and "She's Got Issues". I saved all of the songs on the album to my computer and left it for a few days. Then, I finally gave "Pay the Man" a chance (I hated long songs), and that fucking sealed the deal. I eventually fell in love with all the songs.

So, (making this long-ass story shorter) accurately speaking, all the songs got me into the band, but "Pretty Fly" and "WDYGAJ" kept me from tossing Americana out of the fucking window.

:cool: Ahhh, I just love hearing myself speak.

Problem0
06-07-2006, 05:53 AM
I heard "Pretty Fly", and after I got some money, I went to store and bought Americana. My first CD ever :)

_Peanut_
06-09-2006, 06:38 AM
when I was 5 (going on 6) back in 1997 i first heard All I Want and saw the video. I was stucked and here I am!

Daire
06-10-2006, 07:02 AM
well when i was younger my bro bought americana and heared some songs off that mainly pretty fly cause as a youngster that was the most catchy and i just stuck the cd player on repeat..the imagine how funny i thought "why dont you get a job" was when i first heared it aged 12!!anyways the song that hooked me on the offspring a couple of years later was "the kids arent alrite" jsut becasue of the rhythm and sheer pace of the music andwhen i listen to it now it's even better cause i understand what He's singing about

Satankaban
06-10-2006, 06:43 PM
I became an Offspring fan after I heard All I want. It was the first song Ive heard by them

Karate kid
06-14-2006, 10:03 AM
well my was can't reapeat then when i started looking for more songs i started to ,like them even more

leibstandarte109
06-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Pretty Fly (For a White Guy). I remember I was at summer camp and we were supposed to do lip-synching skits. A different group did a skit to PFFAWG and I thought it was pretty rad. So I bought Americana (which had just come out), have been a fan ever since.

ThunderPX
06-15-2006, 08:02 AM
My brother played the Americana album. Continually. I think he might've had Smash too, since I knew Self Esteem as well. And I saw Come Out and Play on TV years ago, but I didn't like it much back then. (I still think that school bell sound is annoying.)

myperfectapathy
06-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Keep 'Em Seperated.

I heard that shit when I was outside one day, when I was real young...my dad was working on his mail jeep and had the radio on, and I heard that track came on and I was instantly hooked, my parents bought me the album and the rest is history :)

The Noose
06-15-2006, 10:19 AM
It was around 2001 when my uncle bought us me and my sister (I was around 10 years old back then, she was around 12) the Sega Dramcast with 4 different games, one of them was Crazy Taxi. The soundtrack of the game included 3 songs from The offspring, The only song I liked was "All I Want" which I really enjoyed while playing the game, then unfortunalety around 9 month after, my Dreamcast got fucked up and I quickly forgot all about the song which I didn't knew the band's name or the songs name. 5 years later (2 days ago) I remembered about the song (somehow it just pop out of my mind) and could only remember very little on how it went, but I really wanted to hear it again so I did a search on google about the soundtrack of Crazy taxi, I found out There were only six songs performed by 2 different bands (one of them was The Offspring). I went to some site to view the lyrics of those 6 songs, the I find one of those songs with the words " Ya ya ya ya ya" which I remember the song began with that. I listened to the song online (didn't downloaded) and YES!!! at first, I didn't liked it as much, but afterwards I was hooked with it and listened around 5 times in a row (since it's really short). My sister also used to like this song so we both listened to "All I Want" after 5 years, and she still likes it, but not as much as she used to. in the other hand, I liked it even more now. I may buy the Greatest Hits CD (which contains this song) but I'm not sure if I will also like the rest of their songs.
Later :cool:

d00d

It was the same with me. :eek: I fell in love with "All I Want" and "Way Down the Line". After that, my brother bought Crazy Taxi 2 and it was the same for "Walla Walla", "No Brakes", "Come Out Swingin' " and "One Fine Day".

The developers were obviously, and thankfully, Offspring fans.

Sheo
06-15-2006, 10:28 AM
My song is definitely Pretty Fly. My dad always listened to it. And I liked it, but actually didn't became a fan. Untill my dad told me we almost got all the albums..

ruroken
06-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Hit That .

grunge
06-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Dirty Magic and Black Ball

platinumpt
06-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Smash. 1994.

ima4leaphklovr
07-15-2006, 09:07 PM
beleive it or not i hadnt even herd of the band till i saw the hit that video, i liked it so much i bought the splinter cd and i was hooked on offspring to this day!

Short_Attention_Span
07-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I Choose. From the very moment I heard that song playing on the local radio station, I was hooked. Great song, man... :)
________
Extreme Q Vaporizer Cheap (http://vaporizer.org)

RickyCrack
07-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Original prankster was so original. Best song evar. They had me at. "You can do it."

WhenIAmQueen
07-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I was living with some people who blasted nothing but rap. Constantly. I was watching MTV with them one time cuz if I changed the channel they'd pummel me. Well, the Hit That video came on, and not only was I so glad for a change from the monotonous "Yo yo, I fucked dat ho, yo yo, I killed dat ho, yo yo, stuffed her in mah trunk, yo yo", the music was awesome. Then I bugged my mom into buying me the Splinter album and I fell in love.

(This entry sounds even more unintelligent than usual because I am wicked frickin dizzy right now and too stupid to get offline and save what's left of my brain. 8D)

Harnum
07-16-2006, 10:21 AM
i first became a fan when i heard pretty fly play on muchmusic. of course, i had no taste in music either because i was 9 but now i listen to older stuff by them, anything pre americana

valisicus
07-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Smash Really Really Got Me Into Them!!!

Amiralanal
07-16-2006, 02:16 PM
pretty fly

NachoS_Ixnay
07-16-2006, 02:31 PM
First of all I heard Pretty Fly and Original Prankster

It seems that Pretty Fly is the song wich most of us became fans.

Change the world
07-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Original Prankster

Emily_offspring_fan
07-30-2006, 04:57 PM
i first became a fan when i heard pretty fly play on muchmusic.
the same. no, wait. in MTV.

jacknife737
07-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Wish i could say somthing like Session, but it was Why Don't You Get a Job.

Killboy
07-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Denial, Revisited... when a friend of mine lent me the CO1

Ninty Man
07-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Well... fan... fan... by can't repeat...

BUt I knew them since All I want, Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Defy You...

Squishie
07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
The very first song I think I heard was Gotta Get Away...since then I've listened to every song they've ever recorded. I love em all! I have my faves, but I think everything they put out is great. They're the only band I can say that about. From my point of view anyways. I listen to pretty much every type of music, but I've always had to have my Offspring!

pretty fly 88
08-01-2006, 07:00 PM
The first Offspring song I ever heard was "Come Out And Play" and I thought it was the best song ever written. But "Self Esteem,""Gotta Get Away," and"Hit That" were also major contributions to my Offspring fanship.

georgie/dexter
08-02-2006, 07:42 AM
the first song i heard ( it was on some crap pop radio station my mom used to listen too) was pretty fly for a white guy but then i decided to download some songs off the net and the first one was stairing at the sun and that same christmas i got all there cds that were curently out (only up to americana)

Rafael_905
08-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I think that the song that really catch me was "kids arent all right"... i was addicted to that song. :D

Then when i heard self steem, i an Offspring addict. I think they are just a kick ass band.

Sheena-brfan
08-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I was trying to play some NOFX music videos and Self Esteem got mixed up in there, somehow, and that's when I became am Offspring fan...

CSX
08-08-2006, 04:47 AM
It was All I Want on the Crazy Taxi soundtrack.

danbaughs_spirit
08-08-2006, 05:57 AM
first song i heard was pretty fly, but i only really got into the offspring when i heard million miles away. so i got Cof1 first, used to think it was an awesome album, which opinion got reinforced when i got americana. (pretty fly drags it down imho)
then i got the self titled, which took a while to get in to...love it now
smash was next, couldn't get enough of it, although my mum tried to ban me from listening to it when she heard bad habit.
anyway, i got ignition and ixnay at the same time, got pissed off i could only listen to one at a time
anyway, those 2 rock!!
got splinter for xmas...disapointed with the length but still like it...
not getting the greatest hits tho as imho, there is no point in having more than 1 cd with the same song on it, especially if you don't like the song

also, it was ignition, ixnay and selftitiled that got me into guitars

Emily_offspring_fan
08-08-2006, 09:29 AM
not getting the greatest hits tho as imho, there is no point in having more than 1 cd with the same song on it, especially if you don't like the song
But it includes two new songs...and, the emotion of having a new Offspring album! I have it.

Thatsmypunk
08-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Come Out and Play.

The album had just come out; a friend bought it just for that one song. I borrowed and listened to the whole cd and loved all the songs. Friend let me have the cd and been a fan ever since.

Offspring-Junkie
08-10-2006, 05:02 AM
pretty fly- although many think it's pop-punk it absolutly kicks ass! Love the video too!

DICKON
08-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Million Miles Away, easily. Brought CO1 because it had Original Prankster on it, but when i listend 2 that it made me really like the band. then i brought americana, then splinter, then GH, then smash, then ixnay, then ignition, then s/t.

petey
08-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Mine was Pretty Fly For a White Guy, when Americanan came out. I forgot about it shortly after, and then like 6 years later, when Greatest Hits came out, I saw the commercial and saw Can't Repeat, and I was almost in love. Then i bought the album, and I've been hooked ever since.

MaF
08-10-2006, 12:41 PM
It was a "all i want" playing in crazy taxi :D

Thatsmypunk
08-10-2006, 11:26 PM
It was a "all i want" playing in crazy taxi :D

That game made me a Bad Religion fan. Them and Us is still my favorite BR song.

gieser_guy542
08-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I first started liking offspring, when I was 3 years old, my brother used to listen to it all the time, drove mum crazy, I was like the only 3 year old who was listening to alternative rock, istead of like barney and stuff

KickedDown
08-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Come Out and Play for me... I was nine when that song came out and I just remember loving that song. Smash was the first CD I ever got, I still have the same copy too - with a few scratches now - but it still plays pretty damn god for being about 11 or 12 years old!

Ocupation: Offspring
08-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Lets see, it was a tie between playin Crazi Taxi with "All i want and No brakes"
Or it could have been when i would go to the roller rink with my big brother and the DJ playin "Pretty Fly"

Mr. Noodles
08-12-2006, 06:35 PM
First, I grew up listening to them in 1994 when Smash was released.
When Crazy Taxi came out, I fell in love with "All I Want".
In 2002, I checked out the two bands of the game's soundtrack (Offspring and Bad Religion) and realized I've been listening to The Offspring all my life. Thanks to Crazy Taxi, I know and love my 2 favorite bands.

Ocupation: Offspring
08-12-2006, 06:36 PM
First, I grew up listening to them in 1994 when Smash was released.
When Crazy Taxi came out, I fell in love with "All I Want".
In 2002, I checked out the two bands of the game's soundtrack (Offspring and Bad Religion) and realized I've been listening to The Offspring all my life. Thanks to Crazy Taxi, I know and love my 2 favorite bands.
And i was there so if u read mine, Mr. Noodles was there. . .

MaF
08-14-2006, 06:15 AM
before "Crazy taxi" i heared "pretty fly", but i didn't atente it, cause it's only playing in stupid damn dance-parties!...

THE_Original_Pranksrer
08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
it was Hit That but i remember hearing Pretty Fly and Why Don't You Get a Job and liking them when i was 7 i think

Manic Subsidal Boy
08-17-2006, 12:22 AM
I Choose

10 Fucks

electric_alexa
08-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Well, my dad was listening to smash (I was around 10?) and I realised that Come out and Play sounded a bit like Pretty Fly, so i borrowed the CD, but it wasn't on there, but still I think I did enjoy listening to it and that led me to being a fan. Its quite weird, I know :D

II NOODLES II
08-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I heard All I Want and Way Down The Line by playing crazy taxi and loved the band so i went out and bought their albums. (one after the other)

ygokazuki
08-30-2006, 11:55 AM
It was a "all i want" playing in crazy taxi :D123
10 characters ftl

offspringfanatic6
08-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Why dont you get a job? was what got me into them and once I heard The kids arent alright, I was totally hooked

randman21
08-31-2006, 09:58 AM
"Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)" made me aware of the Offspring, but it wasn't until '01, when I played Crazy Taxi, that I started to like them, and '05 that they became my fave.

dexoff01
08-31-2006, 12:47 PM
self esteem

RageAndLov
08-31-2006, 03:34 PM
hmm i kinda heard slef esteem for the first time last year
ive heard pretty fly way before but i didnt become a fan cuz of that song

Arran
09-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Pretty Fly For A White Guy.