PDA

View Full Version : Feel sorry for me, please.

All About Eve
02-24-2006, 05:08 PM
So yesterday was my parents' anniversary. My dad's car is in a Suburu (spelling?) shop two states away, and they're staying over night and picking it up on their way back. and since my mom is paranoid to the nth degree, I have to spend the night at my aunt's house.

Now this wouldn't be so bad, but it just so happens that my cd player and all my cds are in the car which is now 5 hours away. And to top it off, the computer I'm using is an old old old old practically dead Windows 98, one of the oldest versions. It literally took 30 minutes to turn on, then another 30 before I could even get past the popups and crap to do anything. With one IE window open there wasn't enough memory to run My Computer. Oh yeah, and everything has a green tint. It's going to be a looong night.

Rag Doll
02-24-2006, 05:10 PM
awww. poor Alex =(

*hugs*

that sucks. bad. =\

Sinister
02-24-2006, 05:10 PM
So yesterday was my parents' anniversary. My dad's car is in a Suburu (spelling?) shop two states away, and they're staying over night and picking it up on their way back. and since my mom is paranoid to the nth degree, I have to spend the night at my aunt's house.

Now this wouldn't be so bad, but it just so happens that my cd player and all my cds are in the car which is now 5 hours away. And to top it off, the computer I'm using is an old old old old practically dead Windows 98, one of the oldest versions. It literally took 30 minutes to turn on, then another 30 before I could even get past the popups and crap to do anything. With one IE window open there wasn't enough memory to run My Computer. Oh yeah, and everything has a green tint. It's going to be a looong night.

Poor guy. Seriously, I can't even imagine how bad it must suck, with my (almost) top-notch Mac & iTunes & half-decent connection.

Iddy
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I thought something serious had happened....

....Read

All About Eve
02-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I get a popup every 15 seconds that takes 15 years to open and be able to close. The computer is so fried that there's not enough memory to open two windows, regarless of what they are, at the same time. Oh, and there's a hyperactive 3 year old over here.

Edit: I can't even refresh pages! Well, the one page I'm actually able to keep open. Gragh.

Sinister
02-24-2006, 05:15 PM
I get a popup every 15 seconds that takes 15 years to open and be able to close. The computer is so fried that there's not enough memory to open two windows, regarless of what they are, at the same time. Oh, and there's a hyperactive 3 year old over here.

Edit: I can't even refresh pages! Well, the one page I'm actually able to keep open. Gragh.

kick the 3-year-old in the head.

Rag Doll
02-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Alex might not be back tonight. The computer is really fucked. So now everyone should feel even more sorry for him. I know I do =\.

Jebus
02-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Your parents were having SEX! lots and lots of SEX! Your DAD put his PENIS in your MOM's VIGINA. Mental images are fun.

Are you using Dial-up or DSL?

0r4ng3
02-24-2006, 05:28 PM
*feels sorry*

Ok, now what?

BREAK
02-24-2006, 08:19 PM
I think I speak for everyone here when I say:

BOO-FREAKIN'-HOO!

Mota Boy
02-24-2006, 08:33 PM
...the computer I'm using is an old old old old practically dead Windows 98, one of the oldest versions. It literally took 30 minutes to turn on, then another 30 before I could even get past the popups and crap to do anything. With one IE window open there wasn't enough memory to run My Computer. Oh yeah, and everything has a green tint. It's going to be a looong night.
Man, back in my day... we would've KILLED for a practically dead Windows 98 witha green screen and a working IE window.

Back in my day... we had to use AOL, on a 33.6 modem. And we were grateful, damn it. Kids these days...