PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever bought new clothes to avoid having to do laundry?

nieh
02-25-2006, 09:58 AM
I just bought a bunch of new socks because I've already used up all the pairs I Have that don't have holes in them and I don't want to do laundry.

Andy
02-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Yup, but only with underwear. My aim is to get 365 pairs of socks/boxers so I only have to have one big underwear laundry day a year.

Yet another personality trait that is worryingly similar to George, off Seinfeld.

the_GoDdEsS
02-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Wow, this is awesome. I hate doing laundry when it piles up. Sometimes happens. But I don't think I've done that yet. I shouldn't have read this.

BREAK
02-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Why don't you throw away the socks that have holes in them, if you're not planning to wear them? Also, doing laundry rules.

Endymion
02-25-2006, 10:24 AM
i have, and not just socks.

Tizzalicious
02-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Last time I visited Per I stayed 2 weeks. I didn't wanna wash there, so I just took enough clothes with me. I had clean clothes every day for 2 weeks. And then I had something to wear right before I left, and a few days after I came home.

Soooo...I think I don't need to shop to avoid washing, I can go for weeks without.

nieh
02-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Why don't you throw away the socks that have holes in them, if you're not planning to wear them? Also, doing laundry rules.

Because they only recently got holes, and they've gotten progressively bigger since then. I'll probably toss them now that I have new ones.

i have, and not just socks.
I've done it with underwear and a shirt on at least one occasion. I got home really late and didn't want to do laundry then, and I had to get up and do stuff early the next day so I ran to Wal-Mart and grabbed a shirt there on the way.

Tizzalicious
02-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Now that I think of it, I have bought new stuff because I stayed the night at someone's unexpected, so I bought some underwear and a top so I'd have something the next day. And a toothbrush of course.

It was just an excuse to shop though.

WebDudette
02-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Heh, I've done that many of time mostly with socks. But I've bought pants and shirts only on vacation though.

Endymion
02-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Because they only recently got holes, and they've gotten progressively bigger since then. I'll probably toss them now that I have new ones.

I've done it with underwear and a shirt on at least one occasion. I got home really late and didn't want to do laundry then, and I had to get up and do stuff early the next day so I ran to Wal-Mart and grabbed a shirt there on the way.
i've bought new pants because i didn't feel like washing my slacks when i had to go to some fancy lunch a few months ago.

Sinister
02-25-2006, 11:01 AM
never bought stuff to avoid laundry. but I wear the same shirt&pants up to 3 days in a row sometimes when I know I won't have any social interaction.

killer_queen
02-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Since I've never done the laundry I've never done something like this but one day all my jeans were dirty and I had to meet my friends in an hour. So I went to the closest shopping center and bought jeans.

Betty
02-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Pffftt... I've worn the same shirt and pants for 3 days even when I have social interaction. Pants I've been going on 2 weeks. Usually not in a row, but sometimes. The key is just to have lots of socks, underwear and t-shirts/tank tops. I could go a month - no laundry.

Iddy
02-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I've bought new socks so that i don't have to bother finding pairs... apparently people don't approve of mis-matched socks anymore. In my day socks were reserved for royalty and shoes were just for Sunday.

Izie
02-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Nah, never did that.

a) I have too much clothes
b) I don't really do the laundry. I'm spoiled.

Paint_It_Black
02-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I've done it with socks. Often.

Not Ozymandias
02-25-2006, 03:49 PM
My job keeps me quite busy and doesn't allow me much free time to see my girlfriend or catch up on my backlog of sci-fi and Japanese anime programs. I also don't have a lot of time to do my chores that need doing, most importantly, laundry. Growing up as a kid, I was always told to make sure you have clean underwear on. I've adhered to that principle, but laundering my underwear cuts substantially into my free time.

Then it occurred to me: what if I purchased a month's worth of underwear? That way, I could go a whole month without doing laundry.

I immediately went to Wal-Mart and bought several packages of Fruit-of-the-Loom underpants. I bought so many that the woman at the register asked if I was opening a men's store.

But the problem began once I got home and opened my first package. It seemed that the Fruit-of-the-Loom had modified their sizes. I usually wear a medium, but the medium no longer fit right. The waistband had been made a little bigger.

Deeply frustrated, I went back and purchased the smaller size. Now the waist was perfect, but the leg and crotch were too small. The fly wouldn't even stay closed. Needless to say, that could result in an embarassing situation in a doctor's office or a YMCA locker room.

I guess, since people these days are fatter, Fruit-of-the-Loom must have modified their sizes to accomodate them. I know there are other brands out there like Hanes, Jockey, and Champion, but I tried them in the past and they never felt right. I grew up wearing Fruit-of-the-Loom, and it annoys me to no end that they would play around with the sizes.

Bottom line, America: Fruit-of-the-Loom should stop modifying their sizes, and fat people should lose weight so I can find good-fitting underpants.

Endymion
02-25-2006, 04:42 PM
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/1137281381582.jpg

Not Ozymandias
02-25-2006, 04:47 PM
*comfortable and furious*

Jebus
02-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I <3 Not Ozymandias

Nicole
02-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Me too.

Buying clothes instead of washing them is never an option for me because clothes are too damned expensive. Although the op-shops are fairly cheap but second hand underwear sounds just ew. I'd rather just go down and do laundry.

Sunny
02-25-2006, 08:48 PM
i've done it... cause i couldn't find any clean matching socks. =/

now i just wear mismatched socks. i can't ever get them to match.. so whatever. it's winter and i usually wear big fuzzy boots anyways.

Drum Goddess
02-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah if I really don't feel like washing stuff, I'll go buy new clothes. Then one day I'll do my clothes.

Jakebert
02-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I've done it with underwear and dress clothes a few times.

Well, my underwear has a tendency to get lost in the laundry room, so a lot of me buying lots of boxers stems from that also.

BREAK
02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Seriously, doing laundry is awesome. I'll gladly give up every other household chore for the rest of my life if I just get to do my laundry every week. There's something so redemptive and beautiful about carefully folding and stacking a freshly washed and dried set of clothes. I'd give up 1000 years of washing the dishes just to feel it once a day.

sKratch
02-25-2006, 11:25 PM
First of all, BREAK, you're a vag buddy.

Secondly, I am running into a sock problem this semester. I somehow didn't bring enough up to school, and it's forcing excessive amounts of laundry.

Lastly, BREAK, you're a vag buddy.

PS - Come do my laundry.

jrk247
02-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Seriously, doing laundry is awesome. I'll gladly give up every other household chore for the rest of my life if I just get to do my laundry every week. There's something so redemptive and beautiful about carefully folding and stacking a freshly washed and dried set of clothes. I'd give up 1000 years of washing the dishes just to feel it once a day.
Heah, want to do my laundry? :D

the_GoDdEsS
02-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Socks are generally the most aggravating clothing article. They either get torn, get lost or get dirty right away and you never seem to have enough of them.

Tizzalicious
02-26-2006, 02:27 AM
I have enough of them. Definitely. I used to have this sock phase, I bought all cute socks I saw. Then I had an underwear phase. And I've always been in a clothes-in-general phase.

the_GoDdEsS
02-26-2006, 02:28 AM
Lucky person. I need to buy new ones again! Stupid socks.

Duskygrin
03-16-2006, 12:13 AM
used to do it, yes there was an era when I could actually waste money & be happy.

.:SMASH:.
03-16-2006, 01:51 AM
nah man, im not that rich

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-16-2006, 06:47 AM

You're a strange person.

T-6005
03-16-2006, 07:28 AM
I wear socks more than once, generally. And I can wear pants for about a week.

Preocupado
03-16-2006, 08:35 AM
I have a washing machine and that does the trick for me.

In 2003 i had the wiring of the light above the rotisserie exposed to rain water and sea air for three entire months, but it took me only a day after the plug of the washing machine melted to call an electrician.

I did buy disposable plastic china quite a few times, tough.

BREAK
03-16-2006, 02:25 PM
So, does anybody else besides sKratch and jrkwhatever want me to do their laundry for them?