PDA

View Full Version : Re-Recording

Corpse
02-25-2006, 03:17 PM
What songs would u like to hear a re-recording of these days

I would personally really like to hear a Jennifer Lost The War. For one, the recording equipment is better these days, could sound really good. Also, I think that now Dexter's voice has changed, it could sound interesting.

Hypodermic_89
02-25-2006, 03:19 PM
The first three albums re-recorded would be awesome..

Kitten
02-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I would prefer to hear something new, rather than the first three albums re-recorded. For one, the fans fell in love with those albums, based on their own merits as they were. For two, remastering is the way to go on older recordings.

BIG Nicky
02-25-2006, 03:38 PM
probably Mission From God...

offspringrammsteinfan
02-25-2006, 03:55 PM

Mission from god sounds i.m.o already like a re-recording, almost like can't repeat. When I first heard that song I actually believed it was a song for a upcoming album but I later found out that it was actually a song that didn't make ignition.

Kinda wierd. :p But I still do think it sounds like their new stuf.

Ixnay 09
02-25-2006, 03:59 PM
I want Session or We Are One.

DeAtHsTaR
02-25-2006, 05:19 PM
It already sounds brand new, because it's remastered.

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 05:32 PM
what an unintelligent post, it's remastered already

on topic: i would say s/t completely re-recorded, the recordings are too distorted and the offspring sound completely different now

Llamas
02-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I loved their sound on that album... it'd be cool if they remastered it, but I wouldn't want it re-recorded....

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 05:36 PM
I loved their sound on that album... it'd be cool if they remastered it, but I wouldn't want it re-recorded....
yes sorry this is what i meant

yorkiepudn
03-22-2006, 02:08 PM
i would love to hear a re-recording of Demons or A Thousand Days

Taime13
03-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Maybe Blackball since the lyrics arent the clearest.

Hux
03-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Which part is not clear?

Llamas
03-22-2006, 09:30 PM
every time I see that Hux has made the last reply, I'm glad to open the thread, you so cheeky Hux :P

.:SMASH:.
03-22-2006, 10:18 PM
maybe crossroads. that i definately a fav of mine by them. i want to see what they could do with it. but i don't think they could make it better...it's a pretty perfect song

Emily_offspring_fan
03-23-2006, 09:56 AM
the cover of Territorial Pissings. It sounds horrible (in the mp3 file) and they covered it excellent.

Marco
03-23-2006, 10:39 AM
nice thread. I mean it. really..........it'd be so fucking awesome!

Jakebert
03-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Nothing. The low budget recording helps add some of the charm to the CD's, especially self-titled.

DeAtHsTaR
03-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Nothing. The low budget recording helps add some of the charm to the CD's, especially self-titled.
I actually think self-titled is produced better than Ignition.

alistair13
03-23-2006, 08:30 PM
i like that raw, tinny sound on the s/t. it's better than the over-produced stuff that they're making these days anyway.

Llamas
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
I fully agree with the comments about the rawness of the first two albums... I think it'd ruin it to hear that good shit overly produced.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-24-2006, 12:56 AM
The last song they should EVER release before retiring, should be Hopeless, Could you imagine listening to both versions and hearing the difference? :D

Hux
03-24-2006, 05:48 AM
every time I see that Hux has made the last reply, I'm glad to open the thread, you so cheeky Hux :P
Hehe, cheeky eh :p.

Forman
03-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Mission From God (and put it on the new album cuz its awesome)
Kill the President
Crossroads
Baghdad
I'll Be Waiting
Session
LAPD

Above all: Kick Him When He's Down - That would be amazing

Jakebert
03-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I fully agree with the comments about the rawness of the first two albums... I think it'd ruin it to hear that good shit overly produced.

Over-production is one of those things that can just completely kill an album, especially a punk rock album. Take Bad Religion's CD's when they were on Atlantic. Those had no bite to them at all because of the production, and I really can't listen to them a lot because they just sound bland, and that's hard to do with Bad Religion.

Corpse
03-24-2006, 01:08 PM
The last song they should EVER release before retiring, should be Hopeless, Could you imagine listening to both versions and hearing the difference? :D

I think im right in saying the 1st song they made (it was first on S/T album) was Jennifer Lost The War, that would be cool if that was there last song redone.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-24-2006, 01:18 PM
They Should Re-record Every-fuckin-thing!!!!!

Llamas
03-24-2006, 02:07 PM
jakebert, I don't think anyone reads our posts :P nobody even acknowledges how much it would suck to rerecord everything, they just keep saying it should be done... *sigh* and I know what you mean about bad religion.

Rufus
03-24-2006, 02:12 PM
jakebert, I don't think anyone reads our posts :P nobody even acknowledges how much it would suck to rerecord everything, they just keep saying it should be done... *sigh* and I know what you mean about bad religion.
I don't think they should rerecord everything as I love the raw sound of the first 3 albums

Forman
03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
The rawness is awesome for sure, and I would definitely like to see a return to that (not in rerecordings but in new songs for the new album)

But rerecording doesnt mean it HAS to take away the bite or rawness of it. That can still be maintained. If not, then whatever, its just a different spin on it. Doesn't mean you can't listen to the original or that it will replace it

Beheaded rerecording was awesome, some parts are better, some aren't, and so it's just cool to hear them again but a little different

jacknife737
03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Over-production is one of those things that can just completely kill an album, especially a punk rock album. Take Bad Religion's CD's when they were on Atlantic. Those had no bite to them at all because of the production, and I really can't listen to them a lot because they just sound bland, and that's hard to do with Bad Religion.

Stranger then Fiction was probably Bad Religions best album. Granted every album after that on Atlantic wasn't so good...

Llamas
03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
stranger than fiction is possibly my favorite of theirs, but everything after STF I did not like. It really did start to get too watered down and over-produced. The first album is always the least over-produced, for sure.

German Andres
03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I would like to hear Session, and a few ones of the self-titled.
But I want to hear new songs. :D

DeAtHsTaR
03-24-2006, 04:28 PM
I think the first 3 albums should be remastered, but nor re-recorded. Mission from God was remastered and it sounded GREAT.

- -Lauren- -
03-24-2006, 04:54 PM
It would be neat to have a re-recording done,
but if you leave it as it is
the time is kinda "preserved"
if you get where im going

it just sounds perhaps more raw and edgy
with the lack of modern recording.
i kind of like the "preserved" sound better
sounds kinda more like an independant label
like you could tell...
not like some fancy big-ass recording studio

offspring_freak_3
03-24-2006, 06:17 PM
i would like to hear some old demo songs remastered, cause for some the sound is crap

Jakebert
03-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Stranger then Fiction was probably Bad Religions best album. Granted every album after that on Atlantic wasn't so good...

But that one really didn't have a whole lot of overproduction, as it sounded a lot like Recipie For Hate recording wise.

Oh, and on topic. Offspring. Woo.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-24-2006, 10:16 PM
I think im right in saying the 1st song they made (it was first on S/T album) was Jennifer Lost The War, that would be cool if that was there last song redone.

Actually, I'll Be Waiting i think was the first recorded song for self titled, even though it wasn't the first track, so you'd be asking for that then...maybe.