PDA

View Full Version : album covers?

Llamas
02-25-2006, 06:12 PM
So we discussed what the meaning of each album titled is, but what does everyone think each album cover means? Mostly, I'm referring to the skeleton ideas on the smash and ixnay, the progression on americana, the flaming skull on co1 (does anyone know where the skull came from or what it represents?), and the statue on splinter... most confused about the statue. ideas?

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 07:00 PM
So we discussed what the meaning of each album titled is, but what does everyone think each album cover means? Mostly, I'm referring to the skeleton ideas on the smash and ixnay, the progression on americana, the flaming skull on co1 (does anyone know where the skull came from or what it represents?), and the statue on splinter... most confused about the statue. ideas?
wow, the answer couldn't be easier (for some albums) i'm not quite sure for s/t. ignition i like the starting of a flame and some of the songs sound like ones you might sing with and acoustic around the campfire and the cover has a campfire on it. smash is like and x-ray and some of the bones look smashed or dented, and when you smash your bones you get an x-ray. ixnay on the hombre is simple, hombre is a spanish word and there is a whole bunch of spanish shit going on on the cover. americana is crazy i have no clue. co1 not positve but... i think maybe the skull represents a crazy person that has a conspiracy all their own (obviosly not anymore...it's their logo but i think that might be what they were shooting for.) splinter really the pic has nothing to do with a splinter (relating to wood) so again im cluless

Llamas
02-25-2006, 07:02 PM
wow, the answer couldn't be easier (for some albums) i'm not quite sure for s/t. ignition i like the starting of a flame and some of the songs sound like ones you might sing with and acoustic around the campfire and the cover has a campfire on it. smash is like and x-ray and some of the bones look smashed or dented, and when you smash your bones you get an x-ray. ixnay on the hombre is simple, hombre is a spanish word and there is a whole bunch of spanish shit going on on the cover. americana is crazy i have no clue. co1 not positve but... i think maybe the skull represents a crazy person that has a conspiracy all their own (obviosly not anymore...it's their logo but i think that might be what they were shooting for.) splinter really the pic has nothing to do with a splinter (relating to wood) so again im cluless

well the ones that were easy weren't the ones that I was confused by :P it was mostly the last three. but thanks anyway :)

DeAtHsTaR
02-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Ignition just got it's name from the song Burn It Up.

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Ignition just got it's name from the song Burn It Up.
yes, but we're talking about covers not where each name came from

DeAtHsTaR
02-25-2006, 07:27 PM
yes, but we're talking about covers not where each name came from
Yes, and the front of Ignition has a house on fire, doesn't it? And what is the subject of Burn It Up? Also, It's igniting a fire.

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes, and the front of Ignition has a house on fire, doesn't it? And what is the subject of Burn It Up? Also, It's igniting a fire.
1.)you obviously didn't read my post thouroghly
2.)i see where you think the cover is a house but im pretty sure it's a campfire consisting of small sticks and twigs

neocon58
02-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Here's a thought, maybe they just pick covers that look cool, and don't make every album cover have a story.

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Here's a thought, maybe they just pick covers that look cool, and don't make every album cover have a story.
i'm sure that's the story in some cases

bd007h
02-25-2006, 07:41 PM
some cases, yeah, but It's not like Nirvana talked about naked babies swimming for dollars on a fishing pole

Sinister
02-25-2006, 07:42 PM
some cases, yeah, but It's not like Nirvana talked about naked babies swimming for dollars on a fishing pole

*rolls on the floor laughing*

bd007h
02-25-2006, 07:57 PM
speaking of naked babies swimming for dollars, here's the kid from Nirvana's album cover for nevermind. He's about 14 now:

http://img.stern.de/_content/55/30/553015/nachfrage_01_250.jpg

http://www.livenirvana.com/dvd/official/caps/Nevermind-11.jpg

Original prankstA
02-25-2006, 08:03 PM
actually that was kurt cobain's idea, so was the monkey on the back

Hux
03-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Why is it I never noticed this thread until now :confused:.

Self Titled - I'm not sure and really want to find out, doesn't show much because they were new perhaps?

Ignition - ??? Looks cool? Gives it style/character? Burn It Up has something to do with it?

Smash - Don't know, looks cool and gives style/character especially towards punk style, doesn't relate to the title though.

Ixnay On The Hombre - Symbolising death and a Mexican theme of celebrating and death because it looks cool especially towards punk style.

Americana - Not sure, showing one of America's fucked up children playing with something dangerous because they are uneducated maybe therefore wanting to show how America is and looks?

Conspiracy Of One - Couldn't think of anything? Just symbolising the band for some odd reason? Making the public aware of them???

Splinter - Don't know, just showing their "explosiveness" (how the statue blows up) for some odd reason???

and if wanted, Greatest Hits - Showing the band's logo symbolising the band becase it is about the band and they're hits, maybe blackish colours because they can't reuse Conspiracy Of One and it looks good perhaps?

Ryder1234
03-26-2006, 06:14 PM
ive got a theroy for splinter, because the statue is splintering. splinter but not sure about the flower in the head after its blown up tho

Drummerguy123
03-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I can explain them all, but you are going to have to wait until my next complete analysis of an album. I think S/T is going to be next, btw. Until then, see my Ixnay analysis.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-26-2006, 06:25 PM

lmao. that was a really good one.

Jakebert
03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
actually that was kurt cobain's idea, so was the monkey on the back

Actually the monkey was stolen from a Pixies album.

rlplaymaker
03-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Ill take anal bum cover for 800............suck on it trebek

Drummerguy123
03-26-2006, 08:32 PM

WTF? :confused:

Llamas
03-26-2006, 09:22 PM

I spent the better part of the last decade trying to invent an anal bum cover. failing to do so is my greatest regret.

rlplaymaker
03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
I spent the better part of the last decade trying to invent an anal bum cover. failing to do so is my greatest regret.

lol, good ol' celebrity jeopardy

Llamas
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
:) sean connery is the shit.