PDA

View Full Version : A Kid that admits he likes EMO bands.

jrk247
02-26-2006, 01:49 AM
I was in language arts the other day and I was talking to a kid sitting next to me about music and got someone else involved and one kid says he likes Screaming Heavy Metal type music. And the other kid said he likes EMO bands. He loves My Chemical Romance and he says he is the cousin of one of the members of The Used. He likes other bands like Yellowcard, The Used, and other EMO bands. I just always thought EMO was a bad term for a band. I found it weird that someone actuallty didn't take the term EMO as a negative.

Tizzalicious
02-26-2006, 01:53 AM
They just turned it into a bad name. Emo is a style of music, not everyone who likes emo is depressed and cuts themselves.

calichix
02-26-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm going to have like 4000 orgasms when this indie/emo thing dies.

arak0r
02-26-2006, 02:48 AM
They just turned it into a bad name. Emo is a style of music, not everyone who likes emo is depressed and cuts themselves.

true. though id say a hefty majority are depressed sobs. :o

ninthlayer
02-26-2006, 02:55 AM
The Used/Yellowcard/My Chemical Romance are pop bands that appeal to pathetic little high school teenscenesters (mainly the females, the males have to listen to shitty hardcore with unoriginal everytings).

Do some research into what emo actually is, faggot.

Post script: Metal, huh? Like NASCAR?

jrk247
02-26-2006, 03:59 PM
The Used/Yellowcard/My Chemical Romance are pop bands that appeal to pathetic little high school teenscenesters (mainly the females, the males have to listen to shitty hardcore with unoriginal everytings).

Do some research into what emo actually is, faggot.

Post script: Metal, huh? Like NASCAR?
Guess what? Pathetic high school teenscenesters also call people faggots.

[pwn3d]

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-26-2006, 04:13 PM
[pwn3d]

You could say that. You'd be wrong, but you could.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, I'll admit that I like My Chemical Romance, Coheed and Cambria, Weezer, The Used, Thrice, The Ataris, Jawbreaker, Alkaline Trio, Brand New, A Static Lullaby, Hawthorne Heights, and Yellowcard (my biggest guilty pleasure). (And some bands on the list are more emo then others and some bands I like more than others). They are very popular bands and I like their music. Just because I listen to them doesn't mean I'm emo. I pretty much listen to every kind of alternative/rock sub genre out there like, heavy metal, hard rock, emo, punk, pop-rock, pop-punk. power-pop, hair metal, classic rock, garage, post-punk, and death metal. And that doesn't mean I'm some metalhead, prep, or goth.

H1T_That
02-26-2006, 05:13 PM
its the same type of thing were alternative lifestyle people are reffered to by charvers/trendies/townies, (what ever you call them in your area) as 'sweaties'.

i'd love to see a single human being on this earth who has never sweat before.

kamikaze
02-26-2006, 07:22 PM
I like some emo music. Just because it's not the huge fad of the day (which, parts of it is - but emo kids are "scene" now) doesn't mean it's not still enjoyable.

ninthlayer
02-26-2006, 07:58 PM
[pwn3d]
No, not in the slightest. You're the one being ignorant and making a fool of yourself. Oh, and welcome to 2001 (back when the word pwned was fresh and might have held any weight to it).

Retort with whatever weak ass points you may think that you might hold.

Well, I'll admit that I like... goth.
No one cares about what shitty bands you want to name drop, listen to real music (like Enrigue Iglesias).

Endymion
02-26-2006, 08:11 PM
i listen to emo. song of zarathustra anyone?

sk8ter-hater
02-26-2006, 09:57 PM
I guess I like some emo bands, even though sometimes I can't even distinguish between emo or pop punk or alternative or other rock crap. Some people say that the bands I listen to are emo, others don't. Some people kind of deny the fact that some of the bands they like are emo since they know they will be frowned upon by other idiots. Genres really aren't my thing.

Endymion
02-26-2006, 10:17 PM
I have no idea why Weezer is considered emo.
I have no idea why you're still here, dain.

offspringisoldschoolpunk
02-27-2006, 08:29 AM
the only "emo" bands i like r my chemical romance and thrice, but they dont go and cut themselves and the only people i have met that cut themselves aren't emo, they're just, wat should i say, people that no one likes at all. not emo.

Endymion
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
the only "emo" bands i like r my chemical romance and thrice, but they dont go and cut themselves and the only people i have met that cut themselves aren't emo, they're just, wat should i say, people that no one likes at all. not emo.
you, sir, are my hero.

Evilbaboon
02-27-2006, 10:32 AM
i find that there are two kinds of music

good music and bad music,

feel free to argue and brand

oh look a squiral!!!!