PDA

View Full Version : Dimebag Darrell Is Dead

Greebo
12-09-2004, 08:42 AM
As i'm sure a lot of you may know now, Dimebag Darrell is dead.

He was an absolute legend, and made up some of the greatest riffs ever. It's an absolute waste of life and talent.

Some prick walked on stage minutes after Damageplan went on and shot Dimebag at least four times. He also shot Vinnie Paul(I've not found any websites confirming his death or how he's doing). He then turned around and killed two members of the audience and injured two others.

A cop who arrived a few minutes later then shot the gunman, who is now dead.

Shame the gunman is alive, they should've given him to some Pantera fans.

R.I.P Darrell Abbott

Vicky
12-09-2004, 08:42 AM
its suppost to be a hoax..

Vicky
12-09-2004, 08:45 AM
hoax
yourapocalypse
2004-12-09 05:51 (link)
Ok, ok, the joke went a little too far. We did all this just to see who our true fans were, and I think we can now say we have some pretty loyal fans, and some pretty scummy people on this earth. Dime Bag isn't dead, no-one got hurt. It was a publicity stunt (which worked fairly well I must add) Please no harsh feelings against the band, or against the fans. Dime bag is going to be on MTV's breaking news at 7:00 this morning letting everyone in on the incident. Please don't panic, but please, keep spreading the rumors and gossip, we need this thing to get so completely huge that everyone out there will hear the name "Damage Plan"

-Eric Moxey
VP of Promotions Elektra/Atlantic

I've had a funny feeling in the back of my mind all morning, and that feeling was 'wankers'.

And now it seems I was right.

A friend on livejournal posted about it, and someone said that.

jimmyjimjimz
12-09-2004, 08:51 AM
hoax
yourapocalypse
2004-12-09 05:51 (link)
Ok, ok, the joke went a little too far. We did all this just to see who our true fans were, and I think we can now say we have some pretty loyal fans, and some pretty scummy people on this earth. Dime Bag isn't dead, no-one got hurt. It was a publicity stunt (which worked fairly well I must add) Please no harsh feelings against the band, or against the fans. Dime bag is going to be on MTV's breaking news at 7:00 this morning letting everyone in on the incident. Please don't panic, but please, keep spreading the rumors and gossip, we need this thing to get so completely huge that everyone out there will hear the name "Damage Plan"

-Eric Moxey
VP of Promotions Elektra/Atlantic

I've had a funny feeling in the back of my mind all morning, and that feeling was 'wankers'.

And now it seems I was right.

A friend on livejournal posted about it, and someone said that.
Obviously you're a dumbass. You don't know who really posted that, do you? If you believe that, you're dumber than George W. Bush.

And, I bet Courtney Love posts something on her site saying Kurt Cobain's death was a hoax too.

And, Jerry Cantrell posts something on his site and says Layne Stayley's death was a hoax.

Vicky
12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Obviously you're a dumbass. You don't know who really posted that, do you? If you believe that, you're dumber than George W. Bush.

And, I bet Courtney Love posts something on her site saying Kurt Cobain's death was a hoax too.

And, Jerry Cantrell posts something on his site and says Layne Stayley's death was a hoax.

wtf? I do know who posted it, considering I copied it right from her lj, do you want a screenshot or something?

wliethof
12-09-2004, 08:56 AM
I have no idea if it's a hoax or not. It was published on a dutch music news website, but the thing vicky posted says it's a hoax so... whatever we'll see in the end. I don't really care anyways. Never liked pantera, or new any of the band member or the people who got shot.

wliethof
12-09-2004, 08:57 AM
A cop who arrived a few minutes later then shot the gunman, who is now dead.

Shame the gunman is alive, they should've given him to some Pantera fans.

Err... yeah.

samr
12-09-2004, 09:02 AM
I dont think its a hoax.

who ever post that LJ thing is probably just messing around.

Well I never liked Pantera anyway...

wliethof
12-09-2004, 09:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4081073.stm

so I guess it's not a hoax

Linda
12-09-2004, 09:05 AM
That was in Columbus, Ohio, right? I don't think it was a hoax. I heard something about that on the news last night.

Vicky
12-09-2004, 09:05 AM

And also, who said you could believe that he really is dead? to be honest I couldn't give a shit, but if you're going to be an arse about it. I just posted what I saw somewhere.

And! You, who is all "Oh it aint my fault we got bush, I didn't vote for him" get a life will you. You can't blame people for having their own opinions. Or are people not allowed to have opinions that differ to yours now? Fucking get a life.

Linda
12-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Really sucks when something like this happens. Concerts are supposed to be fun. No one should have to fear for their life at a concert. It only takes one to spoil things tho. People like that really irk me. :mad:

BREAK
12-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Joey H. is crying into his cappucino.

jimmyjimjimz
12-09-2004, 11:10 AM
And also, who said you could believe that he really is dead? to be honest I couldn't give a shit, but if you're going to be an arse about it. I just posted what I saw somewhere.

And! You, who is all "Oh it aint my fault we got bush, I didn't vote for him" get a life will you. You can't blame people for having their own opinions. Or are people not allowed to have opinions that differ to yours now? Fucking get a life.
They have witnesses that saw it happen. It happened at a fucking concert. It's not like it happened out on the street with no one around.

And, I'm still waiting to see the post from Courtney saying Kurt Cobain's death was a hoax.

And, um, no you don't know who posted it. You don't know who originally posted it. I doubt you know who originally posted it.

Linda
12-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Chill, jimmyjim, we all know it's a true story!

wliethof
12-09-2004, 12:16 PM
They have witnesses that saw it happen. It happened at a fucking concert. It's not like it happened out on the street with no one around.

And, I'm still waiting to see the post from Courtney saying Kurt Cobain's death was a hoax.

And, um, no you don't know who posted it. You don't know who originally posted it. I doubt you know who originally posted it.

same goes for you. you don't know who originally posted it. It could have been a really elaborate prank. but it appears it's not.

leo3375
12-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Here's what I read had happened, according to MTVNews.com:

The gunman hung around the venue near a food cart and then went in right when Damageplan took the stage. He stormed the stage, shot Darrell several times and opened fire on the crowd, killing four others and wounding two. A cop went in, saw that the guy had a hostage and people were trying to revive Darrell. The hostage had wriggled free and the cop killed the gunman as the hostage fled.

"Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, rest in peace.

sKratch
12-09-2004, 03:12 PM
That's crazy... was he in the band Down? If he was, I saw him play and that's weird.

meaning_of_life
12-09-2004, 04:08 PM
omfg i cant believe this. i saw pantera last year in concert and dimebag was my inspiration to play guitar. exuse me while i go to bed and cry.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-09-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm gonna mourn this guy, mainly because of his hair.

http://www.concertlivewire.com/jpegs/dimebag.jpg

Rock on, man.

*Tear*

Linda
12-09-2004, 04:16 PM
It was just on the news again. Motley Crue was on saying how disturbing it is and how they will have to wear protection in the future against this type of thing. The cop should have only wounded that guy, so he would have been punished proper. Pretty bad when bands have to wear bullet proof vests to perform. :(

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/120904ap_nw_rock_show_massacre.html

hold my bones
12-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Xtreme!!!!

Linda
12-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Their website is closed. There is only a picture up of him.

http://www.damageplan.com/

UgLy_eLf
12-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Obviously it's not a fucking hoax since all of you have heard, and every news channel on this planet has reported on it. Usually a hoax is quickly found out and brought to the public as an actual hoax

Not Ozymandias
12-09-2004, 05:43 PM
It's a hoax. He's gonna pop out of his coffin while it's being lowered into the ground, yell "PWNED!!", and then start riffing wildly.

Should be a scream.

Linda
12-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Nope, don't think so.

sKratch
12-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know if he played in Down? I know it was made up of some Pantera members but I don't know which ones...

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-09-2004, 05:57 PM
EDIT: I don't know. I misread your post.

midnightfire582
12-09-2004, 06:27 PM
It's definitely not a hoax. And I really like what Otep said on their website:
WE WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS OUR SINCEREST CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND FANS OF DIMEBAG DARREL & THE OTHERS THAT WERE TAKEN SO TRAGICALLY LAST NIGHT. THIS IS A TERRIBLE DAY FOR THE AGGRO COMMUNITY. WE ALL MOURN HIS CATASTROPHIC DEATH. REST IN PEACE BROTHER. YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

I wasn't a big Pantera or Damageplan fan, but I do respect Darrel as a great musician who will be missed very much, and I'm so pissed at that asshole who did it, I mean what was the point of it even?

ThrashedThrasher
12-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Fuckin' Americans are fucked up. I heard about it last night, didn't believe it at first then it was on the news and radio. Gah, I can't say I like Pantera because I don't but Damage Plan was a kickass band...

pretty_fly_white_guy858
12-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Its not a hoax. Read all the reviews on mtv.com. Some marine didnt like the fact that Pantera broke up so he killed Dimebag and its sad as hell. Just think, a guitar legend (in my book) is dead. He will never ever put a guitar around his shoulders ever. Now hes up in Heaven sippin coffee with Hendrix and Elvis. Its a sad sad world. Whos next, James Hetfield?(from Metallica if you didnt know who he was)

meaning_of_life
12-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know if he played in Down? I know it was made up of some Pantera members but I don't know which ones...
yep he did.. *sob*

arak0r
12-09-2004, 08:52 PM
no, he didnt.. the members of pantera in down, were phil anselmo and rex brown. down is kinda awol atm. pantera.. is gone, especially now. vinnie paul and darrell were brothers, they started pantera so long ago. phil is doing his stupid superjoint ritual crap (it really does suck btw) and damageplan, i cant say i liked that either. but shit, that kind of thing is just wrong, a guy goes out, to perform his music, for his fans, and gets shot by some cunt.

24 years to the day after lennon. meh.

Italia311
12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
The cop should have only wounded that guy, so he would have been punished proper.

Perhaps the cop was a Pantera fan...and let out some anger...

"12/09/04 Reports are coming in from Columbus, Ohio, where an alleged shooting occurred at Alrossa Villa, the nightclub where Damageplan was performing tonight. The earliest reports indicate that Dimebag Darrell and one other band member were among those killed."

Thats from Pantera website....

What I wanna know is..how the fuck did that dude get in there with a gun. When I went to see offspring in Toronto...they searched me and used a metal detector on me.

sKratch
12-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Because it was just a night club I guess...

Italia311
12-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I saw offspring in Toronto at the Guvernment, which is a nightclub. So...could have been prevented if that place had some sort of security.

Linda
12-09-2004, 11:09 PM
What I wanna know is..how the fuck did that dude get in there with a gun. When I went to see offspring in Toronto...they searched me and used a metal detector on me.

It is a nightclub, they do not search people, but they will from now on. They said on the news that now it will be like an airport.

RADIUM88
12-09-2004, 11:48 PM
i live in Columbus, Ohio. it's really not a hoax (but i think that's already been firmly established) anyways, this has been on the radio and tv all day (local stations anyway). the rock station (99.7 The Blitz) stopped their regular programs and took phone calls from people who were there (and also people who wanted to share their feelings) all day long. they read e-mails and had local bands in the studio too. it's truly a sad day here in Columbus...

R.I.P Dime

arak0r
12-09-2004, 11:50 PM
http://www.damageplan.com/damageplan2.jpg

eh. enough said :[

Italia311
12-10-2004, 06:48 AM
It is a nightclub, they do not search people, but they will from now on. They said on the news that now it will be like an airport.

why wouldn't they check people though??????? When a band is playing..and its going to be someone as popular as dimebag...you tighten shit up. Like I said...offspring played at a *NIGHTCLUB* in Toronto...They had Toronto Police...search you..and run a metal dector over you. Even around here they ask you to empty your pockets and shit like that...they dont have metal detectors everywhere...but they pat you down. Theres Camera's in the line ups to get in!

arak0r
12-10-2004, 07:49 AM
because its only a very small little venue. many places often just dont do it, because in general assclowns dont get up on stage and put 5 in someones head point blank.

Italia311
12-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Doesnt have to be a huge club...get the retard standing at the door to do it. Anyways...I never liked Pantera...but I could still appreciated the talents Dimebag had. Its too bad something like this had to happen to the guy. Thats terrible. People are fucking sick.

R.I.P Dimebag.

intothevalleyofdeath
12-10-2004, 07:53 AM
musicians all over the world need to be mourning...

intothevalleyofdeath
12-10-2004, 08:29 AM
http://www.edromanguitars.com/rock/images/Dimebag.JPG
http://hem.bredband.net/miiant/PANTERA/dimebag_anim.gif

MirandaV
12-10-2004, 09:31 AM
*drops a tear*
*looks at her Pantera chain*

RADIUM88
12-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Breaking Benjamin cancelled their show tonight here in Columbus (Ohio)...they said they were close friends with Damageplan....
it's another sad day in Columbus :(

Greebo
12-11-2004, 01:07 PM
The vests wouldn't have done anything, he was shot in the head. Four times.

He wasn't searched because he didnt go in the normaly way. He had asked a security guard if he was on the bus but was then told theyd already gone in, another guard had asked him to move his car previously, which he did. He jumped a fence and went in the back way, where Damageplans bodyguard followed him but just thought he was a fan wanting to crowdsurf. The bodyguard tried to tackle him but was then shot.

It's so lame. I never met the man, but other than from Phil Anselmo i've never seen a single bad word said about him.

Truly upsetting.

smileemptysoul44
12-11-2004, 02:07 PM
yeah yeah we all know lets forget about it

UgLy_eLf
12-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Im figuring it was probably the size of 1st ave here, and they check people on their way in, pat em down, but during rap shows they use metal detectors, wonder why?

midnightfire582
12-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Apparently the guy did it because he claimed that Pantera stole his lyrics

arak0r
12-11-2004, 09:24 PM
the guy was a fuckin nutcase