PDA

View Full Version : Why Ixnay?

jrk247
02-26-2006, 05:02 PM
I really am just wondering why Ixnay is my favorite album. Sure I occasionally get hooked on Smash and the other albums. But I always love Ixnay. I know other people say that Ixnay is their fav. album. Hell, other people that don't really like the offspring tell me that it is one of the only albums they can listen all the way through. Why do other people like it?

Is it the sound?
The style?

That_Guy91
02-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Most people who like that album praise the lyrics.

H1T_That
02-26-2006, 05:06 PM
its all about personal preference, you shouldnt be asking someone else why YOU like something.

Llamas
02-26-2006, 05:14 PM
true...

I personally like it because of lyrics, and because it was the crossover album- it wasn't purely hard punk like the first three, but it wasn't super poppy like the newest three. Plus, there's only one song on there I don't care for... and that album has some of the offspring's BEST songs they've ever done... and the album has the best conclusion (amazed-->change the world? genius). I also liked that it had a couple humorous songs, but it was very serious for the most part...

Ixnay 09
02-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Ixnay rules ! :) . My favourite also.

Drummerguy123
02-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Lets just say i have many many reasons for liking Ixnay. If I tried to explain why, I'd end up with a page-long report on why and I'm not in the mood for that right now. maybe later.

OFFSPR1NGDUDE3
02-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Ixnay is one of my favorites too.
I think on this album the band was trying to grow from Smash and try some different types of songs instead of repeating their last 3 albums. Gone Away is a great example of something that people wouldn't expect from The Offspring and the band trying something new, which is one of the reasons this album is still so great 9 years in the making.

punker
02-26-2006, 06:06 PM
if you dont know why you like it, why should we?

Hux
02-26-2006, 07:13 PM
The style and lyrics really...although that's what all their albums have. It's just different to the rest.

Jakebert
02-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Because you touch yourself at night.

Hux
02-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Because you touch yourself at night.
Why are there fags like you in the world?

Jakebert
02-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Aw, is someone mad because I made a little joke. Adorable.

Ninty Man
02-26-2006, 07:45 PM

You're such a dick you know???

Well, I really like it for two reasons:

The art

And ALL THE SONGS rox...

Drummerguy123
02-26-2006, 07:49 PM
There is a difference between making a joke and being a total retard. Obviously, you are the latter. I suggest taking lessons from this guy:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&f=6

Llamas
02-26-2006, 07:56 PM
jakebert, how do you expect anyone to care what you have to say when you act like an idiot? your "joke" wasn't funny... "because you touch yourself at night?" that wasn't even original... :-/

Drummerguy123
02-26-2006, 07:57 PM
jakebert, how do you expect anyone to care what you have to say when you act like an idiot? your "joke" wasn't funny... "because you touch yourself at night?" that wasn't even original... :-/
Nor was it relevant. Usually jokes have something to do with the topic of the thread. That was just complete utter nonsense.

Ninty Man
02-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Nor was it relevant. Usually jokes have something to do with the topic of the thread. That was just complete utter nonsense.

Understand him... the priest of his church teach him a special lesson

F@ BANKZ
02-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Loads of people on my threads have said that their faveroute album is Ixnay and faveroute song is Gone Away. I guess it is because of the variations od syles and i can imagine the way they can relate to both powerful and not so strong lyrics which can be found nowhere else as well performed (cool to hate, gone away, the meaning of life etc....) come think of it i guess it is also fluent, i cannot think of 1 song on that album i don't relly like.

Llamas
02-27-2006, 08:32 AM
the only one I don't really like is leave it behind... but you're right, it's overall a really solid album. that one and ignition are definitely the two with the most terrific songs.

Lithuanian Offspring
02-27-2006, 09:20 AM
I can't say it's my favorite album, but that goes for the rest of the albums. I love 'em all. But Ixnay has that quality song writing, great music, and I have to admit it's my favorite album cover. That painting is totally kickass. But all these factors add up and make a truely ace album.

Hypodermic_89
02-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Ixnay contains my alltime favorite Offspring song, but Smash is my favorite CD. (right now)

noodlesisalliwant
02-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I love Ixnay like many people, I just love the sound on the album, and the meaningfulness of the lyrics, along with the seriousness of the messages in some songs, Whereas some of the songs like Cool to hate are just great to sing along to and great anthems in their own way. Imo the best songs on there are probably The Meaning of life, Change the World, Mota and Amazed.
I could listen to the album all day, plus its got me through some pretty tough times before. Its kinda weird too how Ixnay didnt get much credit as a good album...I think its definitely Offspring's best. :p

Jakebert
02-27-2006, 11:58 AM
You guys are hilarious. For one, the fact that you get mad about me interrupting your thread, yet you guys go off the topic more than my single post did.

And whether or not the joke was bad isn't relevant, because that's not why he complained. He complained because he's a little pussy who can't take someone joking around, and it wasn't even aimed at offending anyone, which is the kicker. How you could get mad over something that small is beyond me.

Llamas
02-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I really can't see how he is a "little pussy who can't take joking around".

He called you a fag. That doesn't sound he was particularly worked up or upset. You insulted someone, so he insulted you back (with an equally lame insult). Get over it :)

jrk247
02-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Who, me?

I didn't even respond to you.

Ninty Man
02-27-2006, 07:10 PM
You guys are hilarious. For one, the fact that you get mad about me interrupting your thread, yet you guys go off the topic more than my single post did.

And whether or not the joke was bad isn't relevant, because that's not why he complained. He complained because he's a little pussy who can't take someone joking around, and it wasn't even aimed at offending anyone, which is the kicker. How you could get mad over something that small is beyond me.

Shut the fuck up and get outta here

Llamas
02-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Who, me?

I didn't even respond to you.

huh? whend di you post? I was talking to jakebert.

Holger estonia
03-29-2006, 08:44 AM
why not ixnay?
it's my fav album too

.:SMASH:.
03-30-2006, 02:25 AM
well its kind of difficult to explain why YOU like something....it's always been a fav of mine though. it's a pretty classic album. great lyrics. some of thier best songs and it generally runs through good

German Andres
03-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Ixnay is also one of my favourite albums.Why? I think its because of the lyrics, and all the songs are exellent.
However, I think Ignition is the best album... although it is not as well-known as the others. :cool:

Emily_offspring_fan
03-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Ixnay is my fav too! I think it's because the lyrics and melodies