PDA

View Full Version : Old School Offspring

Slipdog2
02-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Heres alittle Blackball from 1987. I found it on youtube.com. Hilarious

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gc5IpAV1RgQ

Icyman
02-28-2006, 02:59 PM
hahaha, that is just great to see.. I love that mosh pit..If I can call it that way.. Fun to see how they were back then

jacknife737
02-28-2006, 03:00 PM
cool, thanks.

Ixnay 09
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Haha that's cool :D

nameless
02-28-2006, 03:17 PM
thats the first time ive seen them playing with james!

Ixnay 09
02-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Now I remember that I got a video like that but It's Tehran :D The same concert.

one_fine_day
02-28-2006, 04:05 PM
if thats the remastered version.. i wonder what the original was like? :eek:

punker
02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
that's my favorite show, is the only one i have seen where they played i'll be waiting, if i found the link to the full concert i'll post it here

offspring fan
02-28-2006, 05:01 PM
hahahaha that was awsome hahahaha :D

Ixnay 09
02-28-2006, 05:05 PM
that's my favorite show, is the only one i have seen where they played i'll be waiting, if i found the link to the full concert i'll post it here
Post here that Concert pls, I only saw two songs :p

FOXMAN
02-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I have seen other songs from this show,but never this one! It's really very cool!

DeAtHsTaR
02-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Haha, sweet! Any videos with better quality from the show?

darthdudeguy4
02-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Heres alittle Blackball from 1987. I found it on youtube.com. Hilarious

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gc5IpAV1RgQ
Hey darthdudeguy4 thats me :D ;) ;)

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Quality sucks. Audio sucks. Everything sucks. And thats remastered

punker
02-28-2006, 06:50 PM
san berubin - 1987 (http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=filebrowser/Cejus)

yeah, that's it

give thanks to cejus, was the guy that remastered it and posted originally

Ixnay 09
02-28-2006, 06:54 PM
san berubin - 1987 (http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=filebrowser/Cejus)

yeah, that's it

give thanks to cejus, was the guy that remastered it and posted originally
Thanks man :cool:

offspring_freak_3
02-28-2006, 08:49 PM
yeh that was a great concert, i have all the videos. oh man those skin heads kinda freak me out :p

belive me, you would not like to see the original version, it has some anoying noises, the remastered version is way better

Peedr
03-01-2006, 12:00 PM
LOOL! Great! And these guys walkin' around in front of the stage makes me laugh! :D :D

killer_queen
03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm not a big fan of oldskool Offspring songs. There's very little harmony in them. Heh, now everybody's going to hate me.

offspring_freak_3
03-01-2006, 02:01 PM
i still ask myself why u r here, i mean u only like me and my old lady :rolleyes:

killer_queen
03-01-2006, 02:29 PM
^ that was really stupid. There are a lot of songs of Offspring I love and I do like albums like S/T but I'm just not a big fan.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-01-2006, 07:57 PM
How do you not like ''old school'' Offspring? Those were their golden days. Their still amazing today, but their ''old school'' stuff was their best.

noodle654
03-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks for everything. When you watch Tehran, HOLY GOD!!!THE DRUMS ARE INSANE!!! Can anybody here play that, It looks mad hard

Drummerguy123
03-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for everything. When you watch Tehran, HOLY GOD!!!THE DRUMS ARE INSANE!!! Can anybody here play that, It looks mad hard

ummmmmmm............*raises hand*.........I can..........*slowly walks away*.........

darthdudeguy4
03-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I can too(some times)
only when i have lots of energy(or drink a red bull)

Drummerguy123
03-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I can too(some times)
only when i have lots of energy(or drink a red bull)

lol. It definately requires energy and endurance, but I just spent a lot of time studying that particular beat and even more training myself to do it. Once you understand it, it isn't so bad.

Llamas
03-01-2006, 11:42 PM
that drumming isn't really that complicated... he's really just playing 16th notes on 3 drums... it's just the accents and speed of the 16th notes...

anyway, it's really awesome to see how much the band has changed. If you didn't know that the song they were playing, it'd be nearly impossible to know it was them... they don't look even remotely the same now, and their stage presence is completely changed... I'm also in love with their fan base! so much cooler than it is now... I almost don't like giong to shows now because the fanbase is all 15 year olds who do the "fake mosh" shit and wear their black hoodies and makeup...

Slipdog2
03-02-2006, 11:51 AM
that drumming isn't really that complicated... he's really just playing 16th notes on 3 drums... it's just the accents and speed of the 16th notes...

anyway, it's really awesome to see how much the band has changed. If you didn't know that the song they were playing, it'd be nearly impossible to know it was them... they don't look even remotely the same now, and their stage presence is completely changed... I'm also in love with their fan base! so much cooler than it is now... I almost don't like giong to shows now because the fanbase is all 15 year olds who do the "fake mosh" shit and wear their black hoodies and makeup...

I'd wear makeup but Im too lazy to look good. Go Offspring yeah!

punker
03-02-2006, 03:56 PM
^^to look good?

if i ever try to learn how to play drums it would be to play tehran, or kill the president, i mean, 16th notes cant be that hard after you play 32 on guitar right?

Llamas
03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
^^to look good?

if i ever try to learn how to play drums it would be to play tehran, or kill the president, i mean, 16th notes cant be that hard after you play 32 on guitar right?

Honestly, I love the offspring to death, but none of their songs are very hard on ANY instrument... none of them are that great of musicians, and they openly admit it when they explain that none of them knew how to play instruments before that social D show. As far as guitar, their songs are mostly 16th notes with no syncopation or rhythm derivations... they usually play two measures on one chord then move to the next... very expected... as far as the bass, greg almost always plays the roots of the chord- very rarely does he do anything special... and for the drumming, it's mostly very simplistic offbeats on the cymbals and/or the snare, and the beat is in the bass... not that any of this is bad, it's just typical punk. Not very difficult... just cause they do something fast does NOT make it hard... they screw up a ton, too, live... it's almost comical :) don't get me wrong, I seriously LOVE them... but I don't think we can really say that any of their songs are hard...

DeAtHsTaR
03-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Honestly, I love the offspring to death, but none of their songs are very hard on ANY instrument... none of them are that great of musicians, and they openly admit it when they explain that none of them knew how to play instruments before that social D show. As far as guitar, their songs are mostly 16th notes with no syncopation or rhythm derivations... they usually play two measures on one chord then move to the next... very expected... as far as the bass, greg almost always plays the roots of the chord- very rarely does he do anything special... and for the drumming, it's mostly very simplistic offbeats on the cymbals and/or the snare, and the beat is in the bass... not that any of this is bad, it's just typical punk. Not very difficult... just cause they do something fast does NOT make it hard... they screw up a ton, too, live... it's almost comical :) don't get me wrong, I seriously LOVE them... but I don't think we can really say that any of their songs are hard...
What do you think about the solo in Kill the President?

Llamas
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
guitar solo? about 2 min into the song? Harder than most of the stuff they do... it probably would take a little longer to get it perfect, but it's still not really that hard. I'm not saying I could play it no problem, but I'm awful at guitar. As far as good guitarists go, that solo is not that hard. I'd say it's average... it's not super simplistic, but it's not "hard".