PDA

View Full Version : Mike Ness Guitar-less

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-28-2006, 02:01 PM
I saw Social D play last night at one of their many House of Blues shows. It was weird though, because mike ness did not have his axe with him. He broke his wrist in four places last week skateboarding. Gotta give him props though, they didn't postpone the last of these shows. Mike sings, and they got Ron Emory from TSOL to play Mike's parts. And Mike still has that commanding "you better fucking look at me presence".

They played the "Mommy's Little Monster" album in its entirety last night.

They did a version of " When the Angels Sing" with just Mike and Dan, the piano/keyboard player.

Annnnd...im going again on Thursaday for their last show at the HOB Anaheim, and its also the last show of the 18 month tour behind "Sex, Love, and Rock n Roll"

bouncingcoles
02-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I saw Social D play last night at one of their many House of Blues shows. It was weird though, because mike ness did not have his axe with him. He broke his wrist in four places last week skateboarding. Gotta give him props though, they didn't postpone the last of these shows. Mike sings, and they got Ron Emory from TSOL to play Mike's parts. And Mike still has that commanding "you better fucking look at me presence".

They played the "Mommy's Little Monster" album in its entirety last night.

They did a version of " When the Angels Sing" with just Mike and Dan, the piano/keyboard player.

Annnnd...im going again on Thursaday for their last show at the HOB Anaheim, and its also the last show of the 18 month tour behind "Sex, Love, and Rock n Roll"

your lucky, i saw them last year. it was sweeeeeet!!!

Betty
03-01-2006, 08:31 AM
I think my absolute favourite part of the last show I went to see was when they did Prison Bound with the piano intro.

Sounds like an awesome show.

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-03-2006, 12:17 AM
I just got back from the last SD date of the tour, and the tech was really awesome and handed me a setlist after the show:

the creeps
another state of mind
it wasn't a pretty picture
telling them
hour of darkness
mommy's little monster
anti-fashion
all the answers
moral threat
sick boy
under my thumb
reach for the sky