PDA

View Full Version : Dexter on song "Staring at the Sun"

Danboy_88_No_Hero
02-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I think the lyrics in this song are really easy to relate to at my age (17) and I have to say it is really noticable throughout the school years.It is difficult to find out where u belong at times but I can't see y people would change so much for the sake of popularity.Its really sad to see these people trying to fit in with popular kids and so on.In the worst case a good friend of mine totally changed his ways to fit in with the popular group of kids.Nowadays he just distances himself from me and all his old mates and makes really irritating small talk to break the ice if he feels like talking to us which is pretty damn gay since he always trys to blank us.On the other hand this guy is just known as the biggest sheep in the school and people can see right through him and we let him know it!

People like that really lack individuality and character and to me are
just pathetic.

alistair13
02-28-2006, 04:55 PM
...cool. yeah, i guess i don't like when people change just be to suck-up pricks, either.

georgie/dexter
03-09-2006, 07:34 AM
most of my friends all became bros and then they all started to smoke up (fucking faggots) and i think im one of the only people that walked into that school likeing punk music and never changed

oh well im just not a sell-out

forcyn
03-09-2006, 08:17 AM
lots of people want others to change just because they're different. "oh, I don't like him anymore beacuse he like hip hop. it's sooooo uncool" /my "friend" 2 yrs ago/
well, most of people I liked before has changed. they want to be cool, but they're just making fools of themselves. it's really sad.

you can hate me but I'll always be the same.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-09-2006, 10:23 AM
yes, for example it's hard too see people who are not rich buying expensive clothes or things, talking like an idiot (for me) and pretending to be someone they aren't, only to be part of the popular kids.

forcyn
03-09-2006, 10:42 AM
99% of girls from my school are the same. blond hair, pink or light blue blouses, short skirts, full make up... all the same. off course clothes from the most expensive and fashionable shops... all this just because they want to be cool. unfortunately most of them aten't.

EDIT: my school looks like toy shop full of Barbies lol

Llamas
03-09-2006, 11:23 AM
I think the lyrics in this song are really easy to relate to at my age (17) and I have to say it is really noticable throughout the school years.It is difficult to find out where u belong at times but I can't see y people would change so much for the sake of popularity.Its really sad to see these people trying to fit in with popular kids and so on.In the worst case a good friend of mine totally changed his ways to fit in with the popular group of kids.Nowadays he just distances himself from me and all his old mates and makes really irritating small talk to break the ice if he feels like talking to us which is pretty damn gay since he always trys to blank us.On the other hand this guy is just known as the biggest sheep in the school and people can see right through him and we let him know it!

People like that really lack individuality and character and to me are
just pathetic.

when I was a senior in highschool, one of my best friends stopped being friends with all her friends at school, because she got a "popular" boyfriend, who was a football jock and all that... she was embarassed for him to know she wasn't popular, so she started to ignore us. She lost a LOT of friends because of it. Only recently in the past year or two have I forgiven her and now we're good friends again. It's really tough.