PDA

View Full Version : The original Version of "Feelings"

offy
03-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey there!
The other day my Mom entered my room and heard Offspring's song "Feelings". She was surprised, because until that day she only knew the original version. Anyway, she started singing along and I was wondering if the original lyrics were the same..."Feeeelings, oh oh oh Feeeelings, trying to forget my feelings of loooove". That was what she sung, luckily she did not hear what Dexter was saying instead *lol*.

However, I would love to hear the original version, too! How is the artist called who had wrote it first?
Do you know the song? Did you even know it was a cover version?
Thx for any kind of help!
Greetings,
offy

Hypodermic_89
03-01-2006, 07:59 AM
The original is a ballad I think.. It's not any kind of punk or rock song.. It sucks. At least I think it does.

forcyn
03-01-2006, 08:13 AM
hmmm...

Albert Morris was singing it originally... it's much longer and slower than the cover. and the lyrics are a little bit different :D well, it's boring ballad about love played on acustic guitar. nothing special.

...It sucks. At least I think it does.

yes, it sucks.

edit: it's not guitar. i don't know what is it :D

DeAtHsTaR
03-01-2006, 08:58 AM
It;s about love, whereas Offspring's version is about hate.

offspring_freak_3
03-01-2006, 09:01 AM
its by moris albert.

it sucks a lot. once i downloaded it on emule and i was surprise how much it sucks, its on acoustic guitar if i'm not wrong

forcyn
03-01-2006, 09:17 AM
i'm not sure about the guitar in that song... is sounds VERY strange

Camilamazed
03-01-2006, 09:21 AM
The Original sucks, It's totally emo.....

offy
03-01-2006, 09:25 AM
lol, yeah I know it sucks and is boring and stuff. But I'm curious, how it sounds like. At least you can listen to it for fun and in contrast to The Offspring's version.
Thx for mentioning the artist's name ;)

Camilamazed
03-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Moris Albert is the *emost* brazilian ever :mad:

Jojan
03-01-2006, 09:57 AM
They had that song for a TV-ad here in Sweden some years ago. It sucked.

Peedr
03-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I have this song from Andy Williams and it's probably from 60's or 70's. I can upload it, if you want to.

notoriousdoc
03-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, girl;
You'll never come again.

Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
Wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.

Feelings, feelings
Like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never
Have you again in my heart.

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, girl;
You'll never come again.

Feelings, feelings like I've
Never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you
Again in my life.

Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
Wo-o-o, feelings again in my arms.
Feelings...

punker
03-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I donwloaded it from emule too, the song is horrible, was deleted instantly

brazilian? I though that was french

Ixnay 09
03-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Haha, I listened that version too, It sucks :p

Camilamazed
03-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I donwloaded it from emule too, the song is horrible, was deleted instantly

brazilian? I though that was french

If I'm not wrong he is a brazilian that lived all of his life in France or I don't know. I just know that he doesn't live here.

Llamas
03-01-2006, 04:20 PM
...wait, none of you had ever heard the song before the offspring's version? wow... when I bought americana, I was like "holy shit, they totally changed this song..." I liked it. The original is not bad.

Drummerguy123
03-01-2006, 05:04 PM
lol. I let my uncle steve listen to it once and he gasped and said, "They ruined a perfectly good song!" Yeah, I laughed.

Sinister
03-01-2006, 05:07 PM
my mum was surprised when she heard it. she says they made a good job of covering it, considering their style

The shadow
03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Christopher Walker once sang it in a movie.

Llamas
03-01-2006, 11:23 PM
christopher walker is awesome. I love that guy.

Mutrix
03-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Lot of people here in Brazil knows the original song. Not the teenagers, I mean the people in the age of my dad (45 years)... My father refuse to say, but i know he liked the Offspring version... all the other adults, i think, don't even know there's a punk version of Feelings... On the other side 90% of the teenagers don't know Feelings was made by Morris Albert...

PS: the original version sucks, it's so damn slow.. really boring. I don't know how adults love it

offspring_freak_3
03-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Christopher Walker once sang it in a movie.
that must be weird haha

Llamas
03-02-2006, 05:16 PM
slow does not equal bad... I hate when people make that assumption :-/ many times, a slow song takes MORE talent and energy to make sound awesome than a fast song... cause in a slow song, you can't cover anything up with the fact that it's fast... every flaw shines through...

Hux
03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I've listened to the 70's version by Albert Morris.

Definately not my taste.

Is this the original?

Peedr
03-03-2006, 02:07 AM
I think Feelings has lots of covers from many interprets. And they were all made in a long period of time (maybe 30 years or more). So I don't know what's the original version.