Camilamazed
03-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Why Do I think that:

Kill the president & Tehran
Walla walla & When you're in prison
One fine day & The worst hangover ever
Gone away & End of the line
Self esteem & Spare me the details

Are TOTALLY related to each other???????

Am I really nuts?

jacknife737
03-01-2006, 09:01 PM
not really, makes sense.

Hux
03-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Considering the lyrics, they both have similar or have the same base "storyline".

Total_immortal
03-01-2006, 10:29 PM
talking about "tehran", i know the name of the song is TEHRAN, but isn't the place called tehEran? , i saw something about it in the newspaper a few days ago and it said tehEran , maybe it's because it was written in spanish but "TEHRAN" or "TEHERAN" isn't a spanish neither an inglish word, so, could the offspring have written it uncorrectly? :confused:

Hux
03-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure they're both the same thing, just translated from another language.

Total_immortal
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they're both the same thing, just translated from another language.

yes, you must be right :p

Llamas
03-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Why Do I think that:

Am I really nuts?

they've released 7 albums... not doubtful they're gonna hit the same emotions more than once... even "meaning of life" and "all I want" have similar topics, and they're ont eh same album. by the way, throw "no hero" in with "end of the line" and "gone away".

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Why Do I think that:

Am I really nuts?

Yes, i think you are

Self Esteem is about being used, Spare Me The Details is about being cheated

One Fine Day is about a riot and The Worst Hangover is about a hangover

Llamas
03-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Yes, i think you are

Self Esteem is about being used, Spare Me The Details is about being cheated

One Fine Day is about a riot and The Worst Hangover is about a hangover

I think the relations still exist... self esteem and smtd both being about having your emotions fucked with because of a lover... OFD and worst hangover being about drinking and doing stupid shit to have fun... except OFD is sarcastic and hangover is more literal. I doubt the offspring really starts riots.... also, self esteem is much more serious than smtd.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-02-2006, 02:07 AM
... One Fine Day is about getting drunk and having fun yes

But what the hell are you talking about "The Worst Hangover" has nothing to do with GETTING drunk, ..i hope you know what a hangover is, because read over what you said, let me tell you, nothing is fun about a hangover...

Llamas
03-02-2006, 02:36 AM
Yes I know what a hangover is... but obviously it's about having fun cause he drank so much... and he says "I'll probably never drink again, atleast not till next weekend"... no, hangovers aren't fun, they're the results of HAVING a lot of fun. This is a dumb argument :-/

"Does anyone know what a 'hangover' is?"
"It means you're drunk"
"Nooooo... it MEANS I was drunk YESTERDAY."

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Haha...school of rock...

offy
03-02-2006, 04:08 AM
Dexter writes most of the songs himself, right? Well if he has like 20 different attitudes towards our world and things going on on it that makes 20 different topics to sing about. The Offspring have recorded about 100 songs.
I think it's totally normal that lyrics are similar to each other.
But anyway...where do you see the connection between One Fine Day and TWHE? It's both about drugs, ok...but that's all.

Lupin
03-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Tehran isn't a word in another language..its a place. A big oil based city in Iraq.
________
BUY GRINDERS (http://www.vaporshop.com/grinders)

jacknife737
03-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Tehran isn't a word in another language..its a place. A big oil based city in Iraq.

Not its not, its the captial city of Iran.

F@ BANKZ
03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
O i know, didn't the offspring do them all? (drum roll and applause) :D

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Seriously...if you want i can upload the damn Interview with Dexter and you can listen to him say "It's about all the crazy things you do after a game, like starting riots" or something along those lines, and then, go watch your CMVC and you will see Dexter in the live version of TWHO saying "This song is about being hungover, it's like when you eat too much ice cream" and yes i realise he made a joke, but i also realise that it's about a hangover...not about riots and ect...

Llamas
03-02-2006, 10:45 PM
haha YES I DO realize that the SPECIFIC topic is different. The point is the FOUNDATION is in going out and having a good time no matter what.