PDA

View Full Version : what home recording equipment should i buy

harrytaylor
03-02-2006, 06:50 AM
i dont really knowz what recording equipment to buy. i'm hoping to make a band i was just wondering if anyonw knew about these sort of thingz??? :)

Talman
03-05-2006, 01:47 PM
No offence man, but from reading your post i doubt there's any point in you even trying. Before you buy recording equipment you should generally have an idea of what you're buying,what it does and a vague idea of how to use it.
Leave it to the professionals, and get a recording done in a studio. If you say you don't have the cash, then how the hell are you gonna afford home recording equipment?

But if you really wanna know you'll need the following.

A multi-track recorder
sound proof room
drum mics
condenser mics
pc/laptop
recording program like cubase

Theoretically you could just use a laptop with a recording program and audio interface, an electronic drum kit, and guitars, but don't expect anything above a low quality demo.

T-6005
03-06-2006, 01:56 PM
You could get an alright sound putting drum programs together with effects like reverb or echo - makes them sound more real.

However, definitely minimum I'd recommend a decent condenser mic, a program like Cakewalk, which isn't missing too many features if you get the free edition (you can convert to .wav and then use a program like CDex to convert those to mp3). You can use the built-in program mixer, but then you'd have to be really careful with the volume levels of your takes.