PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Bands

JediJoel
10-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Great Aussie Bands...

You guys probably dont know all of the awesome bands to come out of Australia, or know that they CAME from australia.

Ac/DC
The Vines
Jet
Grinspoon
28 days (not many people know these dudes IN australia)

tle_punk
10-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Great Aussie Bands...

You guys probably dont know all of the awesome bands to come out of Australia, or know that they CAME from australia.

Ac/DC
The Vines
Jet
Grinspoon
28 days (not many people know these dudes IN australia)

you forgot the living end :mad:

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 04:01 PM
yeah you did too :P

And you forgot John Butler Trio!

tle_punk
10-24-2004, 04:54 AM
and bodyjar too

borgy
10-24-2004, 04:59 AM
And that Jet arent great and don't make original music

Tocchi
11-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Top aussie bands:

28D (the days)
Grinspoon
The living end
Bodyjar
After the fall
In the grey
regurgitator
JBT
Frenzal rhomb (and how come lindsay didn't get put into the government, i would've voted for him)

punk_flamingo
11-06-2004, 11:43 PM
dont forget the Porkers....one of the only good Ska bands to come out of this place.

oh and Frenzal Rhomb :D

BREAK
11-07-2004, 12:45 AM
The Birthday Party

Lithuanian Offspring
11-07-2004, 06:41 AM
AC/DC
The Vines
Sorry I don't know any more......

mrconeman
11-07-2004, 12:52 PM
the austrialian Pink floyd cover band are fucking excelent they get every song note for note perfect, Im guna see them soon :D

fairy call
11-07-2004, 12:53 PM
the distillers! (well, brody is from australia?)

nirvana
11-07-2004, 06:32 PM
kath n kim can make sum really good music 2 u no. ladybump is a good song. killing hidei is also australian.

Ezz
11-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Jet

Jet suck! The Living End are cool though

Stevo
11-11-2004, 09:55 PM
none of them beat

Grinspoon - A Guide To Better Living

BuddyHolly
11-12-2004, 10:14 AM
28 Days (I love the Upstyledown album, luckily enough i found it in a small store, it wasn't big it all here in The Netherlands).
The Living End (The Roll On album's cool)
Frenzal Rhomb
AC/DC

and there probably are some more great bands from australia wich I don't know or I don't know that they are australian.

Tocchi
11-12-2004, 05:09 PM
with upstyledown did you get the bonus video [when dickheads snap]? or did you get the bonus cd-rom [live footage - just mini version of WDS]?

hereforone
11-12-2004, 06:20 PM
The best aussie band, no competition, is AC/DC,

lousyskater
11-12-2004, 07:59 PM
The Living End!!!!!!
________
Mflb. (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Tired_Of_You
11-12-2004, 08:03 PM
AC/DC

(10 characters)

punk_flamingo
11-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Theres thousands of aussie bands anyway.

Most of them are crap, and only do well in Autralia. Other ones are crap and do well overseas (such as Jet).

AC/DC were probably the best though. Some of the local metal bands go off though.

I doubt any of you will remember Pangea though...

too_close_to_see
11-13-2004, 04:48 AM
I hate The Vines and Jet. And you forgot Silverchair. Not a big fan, but probably one of the best bands Australia has produced.

punk_flamingo
11-13-2004, 05:53 AM
pffft

Silverchairs early stuff was awesome, when Daniel Johns was angsty and produced gnarly music. It got shit towards the end, and his new Dissociatives stuff is even worse.

Frogstomp was probably their best album.

And it seems nobody got who pangaea were. They later became the resindogs, regurgitator among others...none of the original members are in the same band now though.

Their awesome though, nothing like the gurge...alot more punkier. One of the guys came from the same suburb I live in.

too_close_to_see
11-13-2004, 05:56 AM
pffft

Silverchairs early stuff was awesome, when Daniel Johns was angsty and produced gnarly music. It got shit towards the end, and his new Dissociatives stuff is even worse.

Frogstomp was probably their best album.

Yeah, i liked their early stuff. Never really got into "Diorama".

Jofspring
11-13-2004, 06:38 AM
don't know many australian bands, but you should here some of irelands bands
U2
Therapy?
Snow Patrol
the cranberries
the revs
aslan
hot house flowers
and theres a shit load more

too_close_to_see
11-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Therapy are good. I love "Troublegum".

Tocchi
11-14-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah silverchair got crap after they started winning the teenybopper awards

JediJoel
11-19-2004, 09:07 PM
yeah its my fault

silverchair are one of my favourite bands

but most tracks of diorama are shit

the vines are good

jet suck, but i thought you might know of em!

Tocchi
11-20-2004, 04:50 PM
i reckon a good band is good because of their music, but also their diversity...

for example: there is this fuckin rad band that has turntables in it (not LP - or even near those cunts), and yeah they use it to maximum effect, they use dub plates and everything, the dude (jay) makes everything himself...and they are aussie...2 8 D

JediJoel
11-22-2004, 03:54 AM
hmmn, as much as i love 28 days, the whole turntable thing was done before they came out or at least until Jedi was a full member of the band

Oversimplified
11-23-2004, 04:50 AM
Did I miss reading it, of has no-one mentioned Powderfinger?...or are they not 'hard-core' enough to be mentioned? Lol.

Surely they rate a mention? Double Allergic and Internationalist are awesome albums.
They've even played Letterman. Haha.

And have Spiderbait come up yet?

Bazza
11-23-2004, 06:04 AM
my mates an aussie, and he's lendin me a load of cd's,

just borrowed bodyjar - plastic skies

just listening to it now and its pretty cool

punk_flamingo
11-23-2004, 06:05 AM
I despise Powderfinger

infact I hate saying I live 5 minutes away from where they live...I fucking grrr - they suck big time. Such pussies, worse than jet.

The Disables, Japunga, their all fucking gnarly.

Spiderbait was alright - that calypso song sucked though. (its what made them famous though...just like pretty fly with the offspring)

oh Jebediah - they were good when they started

BuddyHolly
11-24-2004, 02:14 AM
with upstyledown did you get the bonus video [when dickheads snap]? or did you get the bonus cd-rom [live footage - just mini version of WDS]?

i didn't get anything extra... or is it on the cd itself?

Tocchi
12-01-2004, 10:43 PM
nah it was with a bonus disc, but it was aussie release only, or it was with a bonus VHS, again aussie release only

punk_flamingo
12-01-2004, 11:10 PM
^ you can still get it with bonus disc/vhs IF you look hard enough.

JediJoel
12-02-2004, 02:59 AM
yeah, i got the version of Stealling Chairs with WDS2, on it, i want the 2cd version of Upstyle, and back in the day when you got WDS1 with it

Tocchi
12-02-2004, 06:50 AM
i bought Upstyledown with WDS1 a few months ago...just gave the upstyledown to a mate, i didn't need two copies of it

Inimini
12-09-2004, 01:31 AM
My favourites are:
28 Days
The Living End
Silverchair

But I don't know lots of bands from Australia.

OffspringInOz
12-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Oooo..best aussie bands....living end r awsum..altho there's not many of their songs that I like that aren't on their s/t album..Powderfinger rock, Grinspoon r awsum, John Butler is cool...and jet fuckin' suck..god i hate them, and I bought the silverchair live dvd/cd pack, and it all sucked except for two or three songs. oh i know, Tripod!..altho aussies will be the onl;y ones who know who i'm talking about

BuddyHolly
12-09-2004, 03:37 AM
@ Tocchi: Hey, are you the same dude that gave me the link to that 28 days download site on the 28 Days bbs???

Tocchi
12-12-2004, 06:39 PM
yep,

and joel i could be able to burn the Upstyledown cd-rom - but i see how it goes

neocon58
12-12-2004, 09:50 PM
kath n kim can make sum really good music 2 u no. ladybump is a good song. killing hidei is also australian.

hahaha you funny fuck! ladybump!!!! rox!

yeah, killing heidi, some good shit there too.

neocon58
12-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Tripod!..altho aussies will be the onl;y ones who know who i'm talking about

yep they're funny and who wouldnt be with song titles such as..

"trees get chained to hippies"

DrGonzo
12-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Have you ever heard of the butt lust prophecy? In ancient scribes found deep beneath the Black Sea, prophets foretold of the apocalyptic "butt lust" that will destroy all those in its path. The butt lust will rule the planet, and those who do not bow down will be vaporized with it's overpowering stench. Just a warning. ~Heloise HamBone

Tocchi
12-13-2004, 10:51 PM
if ya want to hear a great song "rollin gang" just PM me for the net addy.....might be a bit angry for some...and this is an aussie band...try to guess the band...it's got a great video clip too

meaning_of_life
12-14-2004, 04:02 AM
ive met that chick from killing heidi, i was up a thredbo onetime messing around in the snow, and she was building a snowman. my little brother threw a snowball at her, and she threw one back. i spoke to her and said her music was cool, and she said thanx. i was lying though, ithink her music sucks. but she seemed like a nice person.

ATOM_01
01-21-2005, 07:00 AM
the living end, spiderbait, bodyjar, silverchair (pre-Diorama) and some of the older broken up bands like midnight oil and dragon. my mum was actually dragon's manager right up until marc hunter's death.

and is just me, or have You Am I not been mentioned yet???

vintagepunkrock7
07-08-2005, 10:08 PM
do any of you know where i can download grinspoon songs? i usually go on itunes but they dont have anything by them, either does msn music, im really not sure where to look for it.

neocon58
08-05-2005, 03:12 AM
your forgetting joel turner and MDP.

Modern Day Pigfuckers.

punk_riOt
08-05-2005, 03:15 AM
ac/dc
the living end
gyroscope
after the fall
grinspoon

there my fav aus. bands

punk_riOt
08-05-2005, 03:16 AM
do any of you know where i can download grinspoon songs? i usually go on itunes but they dont have anything by them, either does msn music, im really not sure where to look for it.

something like limewire or kazaa maybe?

Living in Chaos
08-05-2005, 05:45 AM
lol what about The Androids, that band that did that "Do It With Madonna" song. The song "Gone" by them was pretty good

Autonomist
08-05-2005, 08:29 AM
The taste in this thread I would split down the middle, half good and half not. 28 Days however, are absolutely fucking shit.

Hands down, without a doubt the two best bands we've had to offer are The Living End and Midnight Oil. Lotsa great shit has come out of both bands, however unfortunately nothing of TLE's recent stuff has been anything brilliant.

Jet aren't as shit as everyone makes them out to me. They're nothing more then a cover band with their own cheap lyrics, if I was to see them at my local and had no idea who they where I'd like them. Most of you idiots only hate them because they're popular anyway.

Some other good bands include Powderfinger, You Am I, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and Bodyjar, who I tend to think of as a festival band and nothing more.

offspringintenselyrock
08-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Pretty much anything australian rocks :D

vintagepunkrock7
08-06-2005, 05:52 PM
something like limewire or kazaa maybe?
those programs really messed up my computer, im trying to find other ways to get them. are they a very well known band in australia?

Telekinesis
08-07-2005, 01:31 AM
The Living End (they rock!)
Grinspoon
AC/DC
John Butler Trio
Tripod (you know, the guys who preform at the end of SkitHouse)
Cold Chisel
Midnight Oil
Cat Empire
The Whitlams (their cool too)
Spiderbait
Killing Heidi
Powderfinger
Jet

Just to name a few there is also alot of good Aussie singers eg...

Missy Higgins
Delta Goodrem (I used to love her!)
Holly Valance
Natalie Imbruglia

They may right mushy love songs but they have great voices (the singers I mean)

Telekinesis
08-07-2005, 01:43 AM
yep they're funny and who wouldnt be with song titles such as..

"trees get chained to hippies"

I jus wanted to say that Tripod are awesome! I have two of their albums and they are fucking hilarious! The songs actually called Trees by the way but yeah, sorry for double posting but I really love them! Oh by the way Anthony Callea is gay and Aussie Idol ruined Casey Donovan, she used to be cool, like she liked Heavy Metal, then they turned her into a mushy love song singer.

pretty fly 88
08-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I didn't know all these great bands came from Australia. Top ones:
1.AC/DC
2.Jet(why everbody hates them, I don't know)
3.The Vines
4.Spiderbait