PDA

View Full Version : Do girls play video games?

psychosurfer
03-02-2006, 08:38 AM
i don't mean to saound rude, but there are not many girls who play games, why is that.

killer_queen
03-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Girls play video games but they don't spend their whole time for it, in my opinion. I for one, don't because I have so much better things to do.

Also there are not many boys who shop a lot. Why do you think?

Camilamazed
03-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey, I Play video game and I bet no one can beat me at Mario. Specially *Yoshi's island*. Cammie wants a red yoshi in her yard.

wheelchairman
03-02-2006, 08:45 AM
The real question is Do Girls Like Star Trek? And when they do, it's hawt.

psychosurfer
03-02-2006, 08:47 AM
i don't know about star trek. i don't like it very much.

psychosurfer
03-02-2006, 08:50 AM
i play games a lot, and i try to get girls to play to. there is one girls i know who play games, and she is good.

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 09:22 AM
No, when girls are alone they play with themselves.

edit; Just in case someone missed the joke (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22004)

Nirushika6789
03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't know...none of my friends do but I am HUGE fan of video games...I play them a lot!

And yes I am a girl

kamikaze
03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey, I Play video game and I bet no one can beat me at Mario. Specially *Yoshi's island*. Cammie wants a red yoshi in her yard.

I'd destroy you at Yoshi's Island. I've been playing that shit since I was like 12. (Or earlier. I don't remember when I got it.)

But to answer your questions, everyone plays video games. And those who don't probably complain about how bored they are all the time. I don't mean religious fanatics, but everyone does. Or should.

As for me, I'm probably the second biggest gamer (girl) nerd I know. Next to my best bud who, by trade, is the world's best gamer. Even if she's not Japanese!

Paint_It_Black
03-02-2006, 02:05 PM

There's nothing better than being seduced in Klingon.

Betty
03-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Quite frankly, I just don't have time for it anymore.

But I used to spend HOURS playing Nintendo or Playstation when I was younger. In highschool I spent a LOT of time playing Final Fantasy.

I played a lot of Starcraft in 1st/2nd year uni with the boys and I think guys find that pretty appealing. The last boy that somehow ended up in my room saw my CD on my desk and was all excited about it... EVERYONE's a closet nerd!

But yeah, I think there is a difference between guys and girls. A lot of guys are into the fighting/shooting games and that's probably a testosterone thing. Even my middle aged professors who have careers and wives and stuff are still always talking about the latest violent video game that came out. It's pretty funny...

Plumey
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I like Final Fantasy games, and I know quite a few girls who like playing Final Fantasy, too. I don't know many who like games like Halo, or Grand Theft Auto. Shooting games just don't do it for me.

Iddy
03-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I never had my own games console untill I was 18 (i never had lego either, but thats a different story) but i had hand me down gameboys. I have a GameCube now, but i don't play all the time... not like some guys i know... don't you have anything better to do?

Anyway, when i do play its usually Zelda, or Soul Calibur II (i'd rule you all as Cassandra.... )

I have GTA Vice CIty for the PC, but i haven't re-installed yet... must do, because i do get the urge to just go on random killing sprees and apparently thats illegal here.

Oh i almost forgot... I used to love Commander Keen. I totally ruled at that, it taught me how to type :o

Offspring-Fanatic
03-02-2006, 04:08 PM
only games i play are the sims and DDR. because it's fun to control peoples lives muhahahaha

no seriously it is very fun. especially when they die.

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Oh guys, you got to get into some HOT shooting spree action. Try ANY game out of the "Serious Sam" series. There are three total. That's DEFINITELY the shoot first-ask questions later type. It's a first person shooter. If you like 3rd person shooters, try Punisher or Max Payne. The first has enphasis on the violence/action, and the second is mostly on the story, but still has lots of action.

Iddy
03-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh, i've played Max Payne.. never finished it though. Loved the storyline

Mr. Noodles
03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
i'm not a girl but i like videogames.
i spend at last 3-6 hours a day playing them.
btw, cammie, i used to play yoshi's island all the time!
i was like 4 or 5 when i first played it.
i beat it in about a month or 2.
i'm serious :eek:
i like playing halo 1 & 2 and mainly other fps.

P.S.: FPS means first person shooters.

Mr. Noodles
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
only games i play are the sims and DDR. because it's fun to control peoples lives muhahahaha

no seriously it is very fun. especially when they die.

I like making prank calls on the police and fire department.
One time, after pranking a fire fighter, my house suddenly caught on fire and he swam thru my pool and then put out the fire.

sKratch
03-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm just gonna say I have a calendar from the first season of Star Trek on my wall that I got from a girl.

Just a Girl
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I'd destroy you at Yoshi's Island. I've been playing that shit since I was like 12. (Or earlier. I don't remember when I got it.)

12? pah. i can't have been more than 7 when i got my snes. i'd kick your ass.

i play video games, but only old stuff. i never progressed past N64. i feel like my parents when they need me to work the video player if i go near anything else. it's not nice to feel old.

Camilamazed
03-02-2006, 06:51 PM

HA HA HA

No ONE beats me at this game. I've been playing that for a long time as well. :p

FauxElitist
03-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Only ugly women play video games... the more time spent playing them, the uglier the woman. This is empirical fact - just observe the world around you. Any woman who picks up a controller is probably at home living under a bridge and terrorising goats, just like the ugly fucking skank that she is.

WebDudette
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
http://www.pmsclan.com/ A gaming organazations with all women players.

Mentally_Challenged
03-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Although only a few, I do enjoy video games ^-^

Space Invaders and Crash Bandicoot on the ol' PS1

And Sims, Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft on PC. Although a lot of girls play Sims anyway =/

the_GoDdEsS
03-03-2006, 12:23 AM
I played computer games when I was about 13 and it was all new to me. Now I generally hate it and I have a strong dislike for people who constantly play shit.

Sin Studly
03-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Only ugly women play video games... the more time spent playing them, the uglier the woman. This is empirical fact - just observe the world around you. Any woman who picks up a controller is probably at home living under a bridge and terrorising goats, just like the ugly fucking skank that she is.

I love you more than life itself.

.:SMASH:.
03-03-2006, 12:40 AM
nintendo have made all the best games:
donkey kong country
mario kart 64
mario all stars
zelda: ocarina of time
super smash brothers
goldeneye
good thing about nintendo: chicks will actually play them with you

the_GoDdEsS
03-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Did you have to cry hard enough so your parents buy you games?

.:SMASH:.
03-03-2006, 12:46 AM
if you were talking to me...no
i download the emulator for free off the internet
FREE

Tizzalicious
03-03-2006, 12:46 AM
I used to play Sega all the time. I haven't for ages, it gets boring after a while.

Izie
03-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Never had any consoles, I'm incapable of holding a gamepad, the only thing I can do is a keyboard.

And yes, I play a lot of videogames, and I like it, pfff

I like cutting people into little pieces, hah.

Vera
03-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Quite frankly, I just don't have time for it anymore.
Ditto. The last time I played was probably in ..2004, I think. Played some FF9. It takes so much time. Nowadays if I'm bored, I tend to do something else, watch a film or do something online.

I think most girls don't like video games because they're so antisocial. All the girls I know play games which have some social aspect to them - even if it's just talking about the games. E.g. Final Fantasies you can totally play with a friend around and they're really involving that way, you can chat while playing & comment on the game etc.

Playing some FPS game for hours on end isn't appealling to me. Dull.

Revolver-2005?
03-03-2006, 06:14 AM
There's nothing better than being seduced in Klingon.

hahahahaha, thats definetly sigged.

Most girls dont play video games like guys do because they prefer other things...it's as simple as that.

FauxElitist
03-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Cooking and cleaning, for instance.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
I think most girls don't like video games because they're so antisocial. All the girls I know play games which have some social aspect to them - even if it's just talking about the games. E.g. Final Fantasies you can totally play with a friend around and they're really involving that way, you can chat while playing & comment on the game etc.
Online action games can be pretty social as well. Like LANs and clans and stuff. And you can like... talk to people when you play online.

Vera
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
True, Mannen. I know a few girls who're into online games like WoW etc. Not many but some.