PDA

View Full Version : getting the music off of my ipod?

thisplacesucks
03-02-2006, 12:07 PM
if you dont have the ipod software, but your computer recognizes it, is there a way to listen to it through the computer or preferablly copy it from the ipod to the computer? isnt there like a freeware version of this that can copy like wav or wma files off of it.

Andy
03-02-2006, 12:11 PM
You're going to need iTunes to listen directly from an iPod. I remember hearing about a programme called iPod Rip where you could be able to transfer between iPods, but I don't know anything else. I'm sure it doesn't work that easily anyway: computery things never do.

thisplacesucks
03-02-2006, 12:13 PM
yea
fuckin shuffles
at least i didnt have to pay for it.yet

0r4ng3
03-02-2006, 01:31 PM
You wanna get music off of your iPod? Here's what you do:

Go to "My Computer", and open the folder for the iPod. Then, go to tools in the top menu, and select "Folder Options". Go to "File Types", and click "show hidden files and folders. Now you should see a partially transparent "iPod_control" folder. Open that, and go to music. There should be several folders named "F00", "F01", and so on. Click on any of those, and there are your files, although badly labeled.

Alternatively, go to "Search" from the Start menu, and tell it to search for hidden files and folders, and type in the name of the song/album/artist you're looking for.

Endymion
03-02-2006, 03:18 PM
if you can use google, you can find dozens of programs that will index and pull off the ipod for you.