PDA

View Full Version : Song Meanings

i-want-him-only
03-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I know there is a lot of threads about song meanings so that's why i thought that maybe (maybe) it would be fun to put them all in one.
So what we can do is this: first one person (me) puts the name of a song, then someone else says what the song means and the name of another song (like in the song vs song or guess the lyrics threads).
The meaning could be a literal meaning, an i-know-this-for-a-fact meaning, a personal interpretation (remember: music is art, so it's open to interpretations), or just a joke....
Any coments, thoughts, insults, this-thread-is-stupid remarks, or any other http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/Ana005/Emoticons/caca.gif like that are welcome
so here it goes...

Amazed

alistair13
03-03-2006, 04:51 PM
depression. this thread might be ending quick.

crossroads.

Hux
03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
depression. this thread might be ending quick.

crossroads.
If you're gonna give a one word meaning of a song, why not explain all the songs? A one word meaning is so general and brief, explain it, they have heaps of songs to do with depression. They each have their own unique meaning and why it is depressing.

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I think this better be my last post in this thread because I could go on for pages on any offspring song. If I remember correctly, I made at lest a paragraph or two on Intermission alone. :o

.:SMASH:.
03-04-2006, 02:34 AM
this thread would be really good if we gave a whole descrption of the song and ask for another one. say if i said dirty magic, then the next person would give their interpretation of the song, and then added another. if you understand go with it, if not, well i guess this thread is screwed. if it works, it might get as popular as the song vs song thread.

demons

opivy21
03-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Demons just seems to be about a cult making sacrifices at a ceremony. It doesn't seem very deep to me, but that's just my interpritation. Still an awesome song.

Get it Right

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh, I always thought Demons was about a skateboarder. Man, do I feel dumb.

DeAtHsTaR
03-04-2006, 06:49 PM
^^ha.

Also, what is the point of Original Prankster?

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 06:52 PM
I think it's kind of the same as Pretty Fly, kind of mocking white gangsters.

i-want-him-only
03-04-2006, 08:32 PM
this thread would be really good if we gave a whole descrption of the song and ask for another one. say if i said dirty magic, then the next person would give their interpretation of the song, and then added another. if you understand go with it, if not, well i guess this thread is screwed. if it works, it might get as popular as the song vs song thread.

this was actually my intention for the thread, i hope it works :D

Get it Right
i think this song is about not being able to get what you want in life, to be stuck in the same moment over and over, no matter what you do to try to move on.

A thousand days

Hux
03-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Oh, I always thought Demons was about a skateboarder. Man, do I feel dumb.
What...the...fuck!?...

what is the point of Original Prankster?

I think it's kind of the same as Pretty Fly, kind of mocking white gangsters.
No, it's about a guy pulling pranks, the potential consequences and what people think about it.

Drummerguy123
03-04-2006, 10:25 PM
What...the...fuck!?...

More or less my reaction.

i-want-him-only
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
More or less my reaction.
yeah, me too, except i thought it was a joke...
it wasn't???

Hux
03-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Well there's nothing before it that could make it a joke, so he's either stupid or an idiot.

Apathy
03-04-2006, 10:48 PM
A thousand days

I think, He's in a dispute with someone, most likely a girlfriend.. he knows that she's totally wrong for him, all they do is fight, and the same thing happens every time they try to work it out. Yet, he just keeps crawling back even know he knows it will never work.

Killboy powerhead