PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin?

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I prefer Black Sabbath, personally.

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Er, Led Zeppelin by far, you dumbass.

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah, sorry about the whole 2 threads thing. I made a mistake before, then accidentaly made a second thread without noticing somehow.

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 09:01 PM
*bump the polled thread*

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5531772160359116049&q=Black+Sabbath

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Dammit, Thomas! Pick a damn thread!

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
lol. Oh shit, I must be tired. I thought I replied in this one. But yeah, the album with War Pigs i didn't find to great. As I said in the other thread, apparently, IV pwns the shit out of it all hardcore-like.

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Which songs were on IV again?

All About Eve
03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Led Zeppelin's probably better, but I like Black Sabbath more.

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 09:15 PM
:eek:

Black Dog
Rock and Roll
Battle of Evermore
Stairway to Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going to California
When the Levee Breaks

You can't top that.

All About Eve
03-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Every song I like. There, topped it.

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 09:19 PM

Black Dog
Rock and Roll
Battle of Evermore
Stairway to Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going to California
When the Levee Breaks

You can't top that.
On a single album, no. I'll admit that. Led Zeppelin did have more amazing songs, but I still prefer Sabbath.

EDIT: haha, no other voters.

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Every song I like. There, topped it.

On that album?

On a single album, no. I'll admit that. Led Zeppelin did have more amazing songs, but I still prefer Sabbath.

EDIT: haha, no other voters.

yeah, I have come to the conclusion, even before this thread, that your taste in music sucks.

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 09:23 PM
yeah, I have come to the conclusion, even before this thread, that your taste in music sucks.
Before this?

Oh, right. Avenged Sevenfold.

I don't even listen to them much anyway.

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Before this?

Oh, right. Avenged Sevenfold.

I don't even listen to them much anyway.

Among other things.

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Among other things.
What other things?

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 09:27 PM
...nevermind...

back on topic...

alistair13
03-03-2006, 09:37 PM
i like black sabbath more because of just a couple songs... sabbath, bloody sabbath most of all.

notoriousdoc
03-04-2006, 01:47 AM

Black Dog
Rock and Roll
Battle of Evermore
Stairway to Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going to California
When the Levee Breaks

You can't top that.
I agree whole-heartedly with you. It's probably because I've listened to them all my life thanks to my mother though.

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 01:50 AM
On that album?

Any song I like beats any song on that album, or the whole album as a matter of fact. I. Don't. Like. Led. Zeppelin.

T-6005
03-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Led Zeppelin didn't suck. Discussion solved.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Led zepellin is average while black sabbath sucks major ass (Just take the vocals of Ozzy for example, fuckin' horrible.).

So, led zeppelin gets my vote.

Drummerguy123
03-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Led zepellin is average while black sabbath sucks major ass (Just take the vocals of Ozzy for example, fuckin' horrible.).

So, led zeppelin gets my vote.

How can you call led Zeppelin average? Actually, how can you call either of these bands average? They were both incredible, but Led Zeppelin was just so much more influential and talented.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Why are these two bands being compared? I don't think they're too similar... I mean, Black Sabbath is doom metal, and Led Zeppelin is like.... hard rock or something. I think Sabbath is WAY better, they're one of my favourite bands, but I don't even like Led Zeppelin (except for Stairway to Heaven, of course)

lol. Oh shit, I must be tired. I thought I replied in this one. But yeah, the album with War Pigs i didn't find to great. As I said in the other thread, apparently, IV pwns the shit out of it all hardcore-like.
That's Paranoid. And you didn't like it. Wow. Sorry, but that's like one of the most important (and according to some people, best) metal albums.

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 11:26 AM
How can you call led Zeppelin average? Actually, how can you call either of these bands average? They were both incredible, but Led Zeppelin was just so much more influential and talented.

Average. Who cares how good any of their players are if it doesn't sound mildly interesting? Sure, they were all really talented, but it's not catchy at all, the vocals aren't right to be soft rock, and it's not fast enough to be energetic (for lack of a better word). Basically, there's no point to them.

Drummerguy123
03-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Average. Who cares how good any of their players are if it doesn't sound mildly interesting? Sure, they were all really talented, but it's not catchy at all, the vocals aren't right to be soft rock, and it's not fast enough to be energetic (for lack of a better word). Basically, there's no point to them.

Not catchy? Kashmir? Black Dog? Whole Lotta Love? Misty Mountain Hop? How are those not catchy?

Cejus
03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
That's Paranoid. And you didn't like it. Wow. Sorry, but that's like one of the most important (and according to some people, best) metal albums.
Word. "Paranoid" is such a great album, with such great songs on it: War Pigs, Iron Man, Paranoid...

I must admit that Led Zeppelin were more talented than Black Sabbath, but I really dislike Led Zeppelin, so I voted for Ozzy's band.

Human
03-04-2006, 12:12 PM
led zeppelin! duh!

Melissa_ab90
03-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Led Zeppelin... of course!!!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Led Zeppelin all the way. Sabbath has no chance/

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Not catchy? Kashmir? Black Dog? Whole Lotta Love? Misty Mountain Hop? How are those not catchy?

I get no feeling except boredom when listening to them.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-04-2006, 12:28 PM
How the hell do you get boredom from Zeppelin!!!???

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't enjoy it? It gives me no emotion? I don't like it? It's pretty easy.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-04-2006, 12:34 PM
You are the first person I 'know' who doesnt like Zeppelin

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 12:36 PM
One of my best friends doesn't either. There's two.

I listen to prog. metal; my standards are high.

Cejus
03-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I get no feeling except boredom when listening to them.
I feel exactly the same. "Whole lotta love" is the only song by Led Zeppelin I like. The rest, I find extremely boring. I know that most people love them, but I just can't help but dislike them. And I've listened to their most known songs a lot of times, just trying to enjoy them... and all I got was boredom :(

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 12:45 PM
I feel exactly the same. "Whole lotta love" is the only song by Led Zeppelin I like. The rest, I find extremely boring. I know that most people love them, but I just can't help but dislike them. And I've listened to their most known songs a lot of times, just trying to enjoy them... and all I got was boredom :(

I like you.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Its just all in taste

pretty fly 88
03-04-2006, 05:12 PM
The VH1 rated led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath as the #1 and 2 rock bands of all time. I voted for Led Zeppelin, but it for me was a hard choice.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Zeppelin. Both are great bands, but they have more range than Sabbath.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
I was watching a TV show last night about Led Zeppelin, and in some old video (from the late-60s, I think) the drummer (Bonham?) actually used two bass drums. And I was wondering, a) what Zeppelin song needs two bass drums? and b) when did bands start to use two bass drums? I thought that was something metal bands started using in the 80s, but I guess I was wrong.

All About Eve
03-05-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.beepworld.de/memberdateien/members34/drumtown/new_portnoy_set.jpg

Not just in the 80s.

Edit: you said started, nvm.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Is that John Bonham's set? I know in IV, he really only used one bass, two toms, hit-hats, a ride, and one crash. At least that is all I have ever heard.

As for the beginning of the use of double bass in rock, look up Carmine Appice. He is noted for being the first drummer to really utilize double bass for rock. He has been called the inventor of double bass playing.

All About Eve
03-05-2006, 01:25 PM
That's Portnoy's. I thought he said they only did it in the 80s, and was showing him he was wrong, but I misread it. Bonham couldn't play that.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Oh, alright. I knew I recognised it from somewhere. And yes, John Bonham could play that. A good drumset does NOT make a good drummer. I'm not saying that Portnoy is not a good drummemr, because he is incredible. It doesn't take a good drummer to get a lot of sound out of a big kit, but it does take a good drummer to get a lot of sound out of a small kit, something Bonham does extremely well.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
It doesn't take a good drummer to get a lot of sound out of a big kit, but it does take a good drummer to get a lot of sound out of a small kit, something Bonham does extremely well.
Yeah, but why use a small kit when you can use a big one? ;)

And I always thought you used double bass drums when you wanted to play faster and heavier (because that's the way it's used in the music I normally listen to: power metal and heavy metal), but apparently you can use it in other ways too.

Yatesy
03-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Why are these two bands being compared? I don't think they're too similar... I mean, Black Sabbath is doom metal, and Led Zeppelin is like.... hard rock or something.

That's what I thought when I first read this thread. If I have to choose, I'll go for Sabbath.

That_Guy91
03-06-2006, 03:20 PM

And I always thought you used double bass drums when you wanted to play faster and heavier (because that's the way it's used in the music I normally listen to: power metal and heavy metal), but apparently you can use it in other ways too.
You use a small kit when you don't need a big kit and/or you're on tour. And double bass drums can be used for double hits, not just rolls.

And by the way, I started this thread because of a prior argument with Drummerguy.

Drummerguy123
03-06-2006, 06:36 PM

Some of the best drummers I have seen actually prefer a small kit over a large one.

Andy
03-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Is that John Bonham's set? I know in IV, he really only used one bass, two toms, hit-hats, a ride, and one crash. At least that is all I have ever heard.
Bonham's never had a big kit. He went on a couple of tours with a double bass setup, but never really used the second.

Oh, and in the original context of the thread:

No contest. Zep all the way.

Retard
03-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Sabbath..... and thats only cuz i like ozzy. zepllin(fuck off i could careless about the spelling) are the most overrated band EVER!!!!!!!!!

that man's voice is worse than yoko's

Drummerguy123
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Sabbath..... and thats only cuz i like ozzy. zepllin(fuck off i could careless about the spelling) are the most overrated band EVER!!!!!!!!!

that man's voice is worse than yoko's

His voice is not horrible. Just because it is a bit high-pitched, it doesn't mean he is a bad singer. Besides, he doesn't even sing that high in all of his songs. Look at their biggest hit, Stairway to Heaven. You can't tell me his voice is bad in that one, and if you do, I will take your name quite literally.

That_Guy91
03-07-2006, 03:48 PM
His voice is not horrible. Just because it is a bit high-pitched, it doesn't mean he is a bad singer. Besides, he doesn't even sing that high in all of his songs. Look at their biggest hit, Stairway to Heaven. You can't tell me his voice is bad in that one, and if you do, I will take your name quite literally.
Ignore him. He's a retard. And that's not a joke on his name, look at his posts. Also, isn't it ironic that he would say that on an Offspring board?

Flexing Wings
03-07-2006, 05:41 PM
There should be a "depends on my mood" option... or "they're both fucking awesome, surely either choice I get burned in hell for denying the other"

Or not :)

Drummerguy123
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Ignore him. He's a retard. And that's not a joke on his name, look at his posts. Also, isn't it ironic that he would say that on an Offspring board?

I noticed that too. The two singing styles are definately very similar with a lot of the ooooooooh's and aaaaaaaaah's in a lot of songs from both The Offspring and Led Zeppelin. Dexter is a good singer, but he doesn't compare to Led Zeppelin's (for some reason, is name escapes me at the moment. I feel really stupid because of that too. ugh).

pretty fly 88
03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I noticed that too. The two singing styles are definately very similar with a lot of the ooooooooh's and aaaaaaaaah's in a lot of songs from both The Offspring and Led Zeppelin. Dexter is a good singer, but he doesn't compare to Led Zeppelin's (for some reason, is name escapes me at the moment. I feel really stupid because of that too. ugh).
His name is Robert Plant. And yeah, ignore the Retard, because Robert Plant does have one of the most beautiful voices in the history of rock and roll.

Retard
03-08-2006, 12:14 PM
robert plant is a slimy fuck john bonham man, he really sucked those greedy fuckers, those phoney shits they made their money off idiots i hate led zeppelin 12 dollar concerts were all the rage they bought cocaine for jimmy page "stairway to heaven" makes me see red bonzo's buried, only three more left i hate led zeppelin

ah good ol Screeching Weasel.

oh and no shit i'm retarded, thats why i have that name. Are you really trying to insult me?????? ;)

Drummerguy123
03-08-2006, 04:43 PM
His name is Robert Plant. And yeah, ignore the Retard, because Robert Plant does have one of the most beautiful voices in the history of rock and roll.

Goddammit, I can't believe I forgot that. And I definately agree with you there.

That_Guy91
03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Goddammit, I can't believe I forgot that. And I definately agree with you there.
I can't believe it either. Even I remember all their names, and I prefer Sabbath.

Drummerguy123
03-08-2006, 04:51 PM
robert plant is a slimy fuck
What the Hell is that supposed to mean and what does it have to do with his music?

john bonham man, he really sucked those greedy fuckers,
What exactly is this supposed to mean? If you are referring to John Bonham as greedy, take a look at his very modest drum kit.

those phoney shits they made their money off idiots
So you are saying that pretty much EVERY person in the world that listens to these legends are idiots? Because that is where they made their money

i hate led zeppelin 12 dollar concerts were all the rage they bought cocaine for jimmy page "stairway to heaven" makes me see red bonzo's buried, only three more left i hate led zeppelin

1) if you haven't noticed, almost every great musicain has used drugs, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, everybody from Sublime, Kurt Cobain (although I don't consider him a great musician), just about everybody from the 60's and 70's, and many others I can't thhink of right now.
2)Stairway to Heaven makes you see red bonzo's buried? wtf? That doesn't even make sense
3)Use periods. They at least give the illusion that you are not a down syndrome baby

oh and no shit i'm retarded, thats why i have that name. Are you really trying to insult me?????? ;)
I don't think I really need to. You seem to do a good job making yourself look like a moron.

pretty fly 88
03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Goddammit, I can't believe I forgot that.
I'ts okay. The only names I can remember are Robert Plant and Jimmy Page(silly me). And you're still definitely a lot smarter than Retard.

Retard
03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
What the Hell is that supposed to mean and what does it have to do with his music?

What exactly is this supposed to mean? If you are referring to John Bonham as greedy, take a look at his very modest drum kit.

So you are saying that pretty much EVERY person in the world that listens to these legends are idiots? Because that is where they made their money

1) if you haven't noticed, almost every great musicain has used drugs, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, everybody from Sublime, Kurt Cobain (although I don't consider him a great musician), just about everybody from the 60's and 70's, and many others I can't thhink of right now.
2)Stairway to Heaven makes you see red bonzo's buried? wtf? That doesn't even make sense
3)Use periods. They at least give the illusion that you are not a down syndrome baby

I don't think I really need to. You seem to do a good job making yourself look like a moron.

ok first of all, if u read the rest of my post i clearly wrote "ah good ol Screeching Weasel" if u dont know who screeching weasel is then ur more fucking stupid than i thought.

and yes i am saying almost EVERY person in the world is an idiot if they like zeplin. no one i know(besides a few hippys) hates them..... cuz we're not dooshbag stoner hippies. ;)

and i love how most people think i get pissed off when they insult me.

and i myself could careless about people using drugs. all my friends use drugs. and loads of my favorite bands do.

Drummerguy123
03-10-2006, 08:34 PM
ok first of all, if u read the rest of my post i clearly wrote "ah good ol Screeching Weasel" if u dont know who screeching weasel is then ur more fucking stupid than i thought.

and yes i am saying almost EVERY person in the world is an idiot if they like zeplin. no one i know(besides a few hippys) hates them..... cuz we're not dooshbag stoner hippies. ;)

and i love how most people think i get pissed off when they insult me.

and i myself could careless about people using drugs. all my friends use drugs. and loads of my favorite bands do.

I never said anything about "Good 'Ol Screeching Weasel," you are a self-contradictory douchebag, you bring insults upon yourself, you criticise a person about using drugs and turn around to say you don't care if they use drugs, and you are now one of two people on my ignore list. Good job, moron.

Drummerguy123
03-10-2006, 08:51 PM
And you're still definitely a lot smarter than Retard.

That's not much of an accomplishment.

sanjo
03-11-2006, 03:30 PM
I REALLY LIKE LED ZEPPELIN but I kinda stay away from it because eveerybody likes him.. I'm more into the underground stuff

Drummerguy123
03-11-2006, 03:39 PM
I REALLY LIKE LED ZEPPELIN but I kinda stay away from it because eveerybody likes him.. I'm more into the underground stuff

Him? Oh, God, please let this be a typo.

coke_a_holic
03-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I keep forgetting that I haven't replied yet.

I love Led Zeppelin. I also love Black Sabbath, but I love Zeppelin more.

Sinister
03-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Led Zeppelin all the way.

igniton/pyro
03-11-2006, 04:23 PM
thay both relly sucks... votet for black sabbath. thay was under.

Drummerguy123
03-11-2006, 05:18 PM

Please die now.

Retard
03-11-2006, 07:46 PM

ur awsome dude

oh and and for the record that was "i hate Led zepplin" by Screeching weasel.

theyre the ones "not making anysense not me"

hahahahahahaha is so much more fun that being friendly on the LoC board,,, i miss those guys. :(

pretty fly 88
03-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I assume you mean them and not him. But other than that, I know what you're saying. I'm kinda the same way.

pretty fly 88
03-11-2006, 10:18 PM

You can't spell, you have terrible grammar, and you're calling the millions of us that like Zeppelin morons? That's a hypocrite, if I ever saw one.

Drummerguy123
03-12-2006, 07:45 AM
You can't spell, you have terrible grammar, and you're calling the millions of us that like Zeppelin morons? That's a hypocrite, if I ever saw one.

Or just a moron. But I guess hypocrite works too.

yay
03-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I like a couple of songs from both. Iron Man and Stairway to heaven are great.

sanjo
03-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I assume you mean them and not him. But other than that, I know what you're saying. I'm kinda the same way.

yeah them :rolleyes:

Mr. Noodles
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I prefer Black Sabbath.
Why? Two words: Iron Man.
That song is so awesome

That_Guy91
03-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Iron Man is not Black Sabbath's best song!!!!!!!

Thank you, that is all.

demon_slayer
03-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Black Sabbath kick much more ass the Led Zeppelin

pyromaniac
03-16-2006, 06:16 PM
I like a couple of songs from both. Iron Man and Stairway to heaven are great.
true that.

Come out and smash'em up!
03-24-2006, 03:24 AM
Black sabbath offcourse, the inventors of heavy metal making the classic Paranoid (soittakaa paranoid)

I like

Iron man
Paranoid
War pigs
NIB
Sweet leaf
Snowblind

Iommi is a great guitarist!!!!
Stairway to heaven is totally over rated, Kashmir has a good riff thou

wheelchairman
03-24-2006, 04:21 AM
NEITHER! ;) :mad: :eek: :)