PDA

View Full Version : guns n roses -chinese democracy-

alistair13
03-03-2006, 10:38 PM
i heard on the radio that the guns n roses cd, chinese democracy, is finally coming out sometime in the spring/summer of 2006. has anyone else heard something like that?

Drummerguy123
03-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I have heard some news:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21669

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Im glad that Offspring didnt use that name. It sucks

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I said this in the other thread, but I'll say it again: Chinese Democracy has had about 15 different release dates since the project has gotten started, and not one of them has came through yet. It's all speculation, and so is this one. The release dates are all based on rumors started by people who haven't learned from experience that Axl is a dipshit, and is just going to push the project back and abandon it again.

The first date said for the album this year was sometime in March 2006, which it obviously isn't going to be. It's still speculation, and you guys shouldn't be getting your hopes up until a release date sticks for more than a week or so. Wait until a week before it's supposed to be released and there's an official single to get excited, because until then I wouldn't believe a single word of this crap.

Camilamazed
03-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't think it'll come anytime soon. It's been said that CD would come out in almost three years. I just gave up.....

pretty fly 88
03-04-2006, 06:09 PM
That's impossible. Guns n Roses broke up 10 years ago. Now they're Velvet Revolver(or at least most of them are). How could they have a new CD?

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Axl Rose "reformed" the band with new members.

DeAtHsTaR
03-04-2006, 06:11 PM
That's impossible. Guns n Roses broke up 10 years ago. Now they're Velvet Revolver(or at least most of them are). How could they have a new CD?
New members. The only original member is Axl Rose.

Camilamazed
03-04-2006, 06:13 PM
As far as I know when they came up with the ideia of Chinese democracy they were all together right?

Or did Axl come up with it after Slash and Duff leave the band?

pretty fly 88
03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
New members. The only original member is Axl Rose.
Axl Rose found some new people and made a new band? I didn't know that.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
As far as I know when they came up with the ideia of Chinese democracy they were all together right?

Or did Axl come up with it after Slash and Duff leave the band?

I think it was a little of both. They had the idea of making it when they were together, but they just decided they had enough of Axl, so Axl went gung-ho and tried to make it. And it's been a good 10 years or something since he started it.

Camilamazed
03-04-2006, 06:19 PM
I think it was a little of both. They had the idea of making it when they were together, but they just decided they had enough of Axl, so Axl went gung-ho and tried to make it. And it's been a good 10 years or something since he started it.

I see. But if Chinese Democracy is something made up with Slash and Duff , wil Axl be allowed tyo use the same name and stuff?

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 06:24 PM
I see. But if Chinese Democracy is something made up with Slash and Duff , wil Axl be allowed tyo use the same name and stuff?

Yeah, if he wasn't allowed, something would have come up years ago.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 08:38 PM
It'd be just superb if it DID come out and, after 10 years, turned out to be really, really shit.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 08:45 PM
That's what I'm really hoping happens.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
It wont be a good Guns album then. Its gonna suck. Name sucks. New members sucks. Axl Rose sucks ;) Everyone sucks.

mrconeman
03-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd love to go on yet another rant on why Axl sucks and doesnt deserve to be using the name Guns 'n' Roses without the rest of the original members there, and how much of a asshat he is, but I really dont have the time.
I have heard a few leaked songs from Chinese Democracy though, and coming from a friggen huge GnR fan (untill the new incarnations of course) they have all sucked. And thats not bias because I hate Axl or anything, I really wanted the songs to be good, Even though I dont like how things turned out for the band it would still be nice to hear my favourite singer over some good music again.

And incase anyone is confused as to where I stand with Axl (because I called him an asshat and my favourite singer) its like this, I love the guys voice, hes a great singer, but he as a person is a total spatula.

alistair13
03-04-2006, 10:30 PM
i'll probably end up getting the cd just out of respect for the original guns n roses

Offspring-Fanatic
03-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I have heard some news:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21669

thank you thomas. :)

and as for the creator...search button. :mad:

nieh
03-09-2006, 04:45 PM
New members sucks.

Buckethead rules. Josh Freese rules. Brain rules. Those members alone are more talented than the entire original line-up put together. Granted, Josh Freese left and so did Buckethead not too long ago (who did they get to replace him? Is the stuff he recorded still going to be used?) but still. The line-up is incredibly talented...it's the song-writing that's going to suck. That's Axl's fault.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I just dont like it when bands get new members. It sucks

ThrashedThrasher
03-09-2006, 05:45 PM
I have heard a few leaked songs from Chinese Democracy though, and coming from a friggen huge GnR fan (untill the new incarnations of course) they have all sucked.

Whaha, as I said in the Pearl Jam thread about their new album with the cease and desist shit, the same goes for this GnR crap, one of the radio stations up here has been playing one of the songs off of Chinese Democracy and it absolutely makes my head hurt.

Tijs
03-23-2006, 10:03 AM
They're coming to play in my city in July, I might just buy a ticket. It's been 13 years ago since they played in The Netherlands, I think they played here that time aswell.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Brain rules.

If that's the Brain from Primus then I'm going to have to shake my fist at you.

sanjo
03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
theyre also supposed to play this year worldwide & shit

nieh
03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
If that's the Brain from Primus then I'm going to have to shake my fist at you.

Yes. Brain is a great drummer...he just wasn't any good for Primus and I'm not fond of either album that he plays on. He's very good when he plays other stuff (stuff with Buckethead specifically) his style just didn't work well with them.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-24-2006, 01:35 AM
i heard on the radio that the guns n roses cd, chinese democracy, is finally coming out sometime in the spring/summer of 2006. has anyone else heard something like that?

A mate of me gots the demoversion of that album, but why the hell should someone still want this album?

It's just axl and some stupid suckers who made this album not the REAL guns n roses

Lupin
03-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Guns n Roses never actually split did they, the other members just got fizzled out after tensions within the band...and admittedly Axel. I heard that the new album is going to sound like a mixture of old-style GnR and Queen...which could be worse.
I went one of the last incarnations of GnR at Leeds in 2002 and while im sure a lot of people will knock Axel Rose...he knows how to hold a crowd. The where absolutly amazing...the new stuff they played was just as good live as i expected and the older stuff still had that fresh smell.
I really like Velvet Revolver, but if/when the new GnR's album comes out its gonna be good....lets face it, its gotta be.
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/easy-vape)

Jakebert
03-24-2006, 01:16 PM
I just dont like it when bands get new members. It sucks

It's alright in bands like the Offspring's case where it's a member who, while they did contribute to the music, weren't intergral to it. Without Slash, there is no Guns 'N Roses.

Tijs
03-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Ha, my sister's going to buy tickets tomorrow for the show. It's going to be a family trip :p Me, my sister, my brother and my dad.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Ha, my sister's going to buy tickets tomorrow for the show. It's going to be a family trip :p Me, my sister, my brother and my dad.

it's the show were alice in chains and stonesour play to right? I mean otherwise it's just trowing away money but alice in chains would be worth the price, even when you have to see gnr (at least hear them)..

SaiKYoU
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
There's a show in Madrid the 28 of May... well, i won't be able to go,, but i would go, yeah, No Slash, no Duff, no Matt [no Velvet Revolver eh?] but Axl is Axl...

offspringrammsteinfan
03-24-2006, 04:00 PM
There's a show in Madrid the 28 of May... well, i won't be able to go,, but i would go, yeah, No Slash, no Duff, no Matt [no Velvet Revolver eh?] but Axl is Axl...

Axl sucks big ass? Why the hell would you want to go to a show of him?

I know guns n roses used to be a really great, but come on people "The show is over when it's finished".

SaiKYoU
03-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, now is a fat guy, but he was the fucking crack... and cause i cannot go back in time to 1992 and go to a use your illusion show...

offspringrammsteinfan
03-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, now is a fat guy, but he was the fucking crack... and cause i cannot go back in time to 1992 and go to a use your illusion show...

He plays in a cover-band now playing songs from guns n roses. :p Well thats my opinion. And yeah we can't go back to 1992 but we would love to.

A, well I'll be waitin' on tourdates from velvet revolver, I'll love to see them for a second time.

*Damned, I think i just love the original guns n roses to much to have respect for the new-line-up.*

BIG Nicky
03-24-2006, 04:14 PM
their really is no chinese democracy in real life, it is corrupted.

That_Guy91
03-24-2006, 04:17 PM
their really is no chinese democracy in real life, it is corrupted.
Well, thank you captain obvious.

BIG Nicky
03-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, thank you captain obvious.
please no thank yous needed...

happy birthday will do just fine.

alistair13
03-24-2006, 04:51 PM
*Damned, I think i just love the original guns n roses to much to have respect for the new-line-up.*

i know what you mean. it won't be the same; the line-up used to be classic, and really, i don't give a shit about the new people.

Tijs
03-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah it's that tour. But it wouldn't be waste of money to me. Since Guns 'n Roses was sorta the band I grew up with. Seriously, even though they're not really Guns 'n Roses anymore it means a lot to me to actually see them live. Hell, our dog is named after Axl Rose!

sanjo
03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
any remakes of bands suck ass

creedence to me is the greatest band of all time. untill it was remade into revisited with a new line up

its all about oldschool ccr

alistair13
03-25-2006, 07:41 AM
any remakes of bands suck ass

creedence to me is the greatest band of all time. untill it was remade into revisited with a new line up

its all about oldschool ccr

it's all about sad attempts to get famous again, and, in axl's case, maybe pull himself out of mountains of debt.

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-25-2006, 07:42 AM
they have been saying they are going to release that album for years... since like 2002... it was spring then fall then spring of the next year... he don't know what the hell he's at... lol

Dmarques
03-25-2006, 04:11 PM
ALELUIA ALELUIA!!
10 years later, Axl releases a new album!

Jakebert
03-25-2006, 04:17 PM
they have been saying they are going to release that album for years... since like 2002... it was spring then fall then spring of the next year... he don't know what the hell he's at... lol

It's been since like 1997 that he's been saying that.

That_Guy91
03-25-2006, 04:17 PM
ALELUIA ALELUIA!!
10 years later, Axl releases a new album!
Congratulations, you ignored most of the thread!

*thumbs up*

Dmarques
03-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Congratulations, you ignored most of the thread!

*thumbs up*

Só paneleiragem...vai lavar pratos!!!..e torna-te útil!

offspring kid
03-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Mtv(norway) is going crazy about them

That_Guy91
03-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Só paneleiragem...vai lavar pratos!!!..e torna-te útil!
Unfair !

alistair13
03-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Mtv(norway) is going crazy about them
i haven't heard much on new GnR here.

sanjo
03-26-2006, 10:29 PM
latest news is axl and slash are stiill suing eachother............

i quote rollin' stone mag. "its sounding good , especially the song;( better)
so, u gn'r fans hold on cause its gonna be worth waiting for"

also the mag. said " just put it out axl, it deffinetly sounds better than anything by velvet revolvers"

i cant wait for the new album

alistair13
03-27-2006, 06:40 PM
velvet revolver kicks guns n roses' ass

sanjo
03-27-2006, 10:47 PM
in my opinion i think velvet revolvers suck,, but then again we all have different views

offspringrammsteinfan
03-27-2006, 10:56 PM
in my opinion i think velvet revolvers suck,, but then again we all have different views

Yeah i think so, I mean the new gnr isn't worth a penny while velvet revolver is worth more than a million :)... The good part of the old Gnr is playing in velvet revolver the bad part of the old gnr is still playing in it, so why don't people just buy a ticket for a guns n roses tribute band instead of spending it on scumbag like axl?