PDA

View Full Version : How do homosexuals get their distinct accent?

Autonomist
03-04-2006, 01:00 AM
It's one of the many questions that's always kept me up at night. Is there an actual scientific explanation? Is there any explanation that makes sense at all and just hasn't occured to me?

I need to know!

Sin Studly
03-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Talking like a fag broadcasts the fact that you're a fag to everyone around you, so other fags will attempt chatting you up, hence making it easier to get laid.

Idiot.

Nina
03-04-2006, 01:22 AM
SO.....you're talking about the way they talk, eh?

I dont know about lesbians, but male homosexuals eventually think that speaking the way they do will make them sound more female. I can imagine that this developed a certain "accent" which most homosexuals start to adapt, because they just dont know better.

T-6005
03-04-2006, 01:23 AM
Talking like a fag broadcasts the fact that you're a fag to everyone around you, so other fags will attempt chatting you up, hence making it easier to get laid.

Idiot.
Good answer, but some also say....

They talk like women in men's bodies. They have the mannerisms of women, and if they're afraid of being mistaken for straight, they occasionally pick a woman idol and adopt her mannerisms - just to be sure.

Of course, the true roots of the homosexual persona [and by that I'm assuming you mean the drag queen/faggy kind (no offense meant)].

Math notation woohoo!

Vera
03-04-2006, 01:28 AM
It's maybe because at some point it was believed that homosexuals were "females in male bodies" because of their sexual attraction to men. So they reflected that amongst themselves and it became a part of the queer culture? I wouldn't know, really, have never studied it.

Sin Studly
03-04-2006, 01:32 AM
It starts as a concious thing, then becomes subconcious. It's simply putting out their sexuality so they get hit on.

Only applies to campy gay faggots, obviously.

reader
03-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Testosterone levels.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 09:01 AM
It starts as a concious thing, then becomes subconcious. It's simply putting out their sexuality so they get hit on.

Only applies to campy gay faggots, obviously.

I think this is probably the closest explanation. Not all homosexuals are camp, by the way - I have a gay friend who acts "straighter" than me.

poofs willl always be poofs.

What a well thought out, thought provoking contribution.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Hiya, TOM.

Sin Studly
03-04-2006, 10:44 AM
I just thought I'd point out that none of my campy faggot friends ; and bear in mind, some of them have names like "Gerry the Old Queer", "Campy Gay Sam", "Faggot Shannon" and "Jason the Gay Faggot" ; none of them look as gay as Dave.

Nina
03-05-2006, 12:56 AM
The question was stupid. Your trying to act intelligent & in effect, analyse that bull, even more so.

*You're.

Betty
03-05-2006, 01:15 AM
I've actually been intrigued by this. Cause I didn't think gay guys consciously tried to speak that way. What about the people that always sounded gay but didn't come out, or even realize it, until years later?

That's interesting though...

the_GoDdEsS
03-05-2006, 03:10 AM
learn your grammar, you imbecile. it's YOUR.

Maria, both is possible. The fact that you meant "your" does not mean she was wrong either. It depends on how you interpret that sentence.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Maria, learn English* you insane froggy whore.

* the type people speak now, not 200 years ago.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 03:44 AM
People understand me because I don't think I'm the reincarnated prostitute version of Bronte.

http://www.rossinst.com/img0001a.jpg

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Shovelling sand is a more noble profession than spreading ones legs for coin, jezebel.

Rocky-girl
03-05-2006, 04:05 AM
Hey, Autonomist, why are you interested? really such things never touched me.

Nina
03-05-2006, 06:19 AM
How was that rude or incorrect, you stupid cunt? The whole sentence was a fucking MESS, NOBODY speaks like that, get that in your fucking head. Both would have been correct, BUT YOURS IS LESS LIKELY TO SHOW UP IN ANY TEXT.
You are by far the MOST annoying arrogant stupid ugly fucking pathetic excuse for a human being. I cant believe your whole appearance makes me that mad. You got me pretty far, congeratufuckinglations. Stupid whore. Go take some nudes.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey Nina, just imagine if it were you that she was stalking.

Vera
03-05-2006, 07:54 AM
The sentence, if it had "your", lacked a verb, thus making it, like Nina said, pretty much a mess to comprehend.

Vera
03-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Hey Maria, how do you feel about Poe?

Paint_It_Black
03-05-2006, 08:08 AM
How was that rude or incorrect, you stupid cunt? The whole sentence was a fucking MESS, NOBODY speaks like that, get that in your fucking head. Both would have been correct, BUT YOURS IS LESS LIKELY TO SHOW UP IN ANY TEXT.
You are by far the MOST annoying arrogant stupid ugly fucking pathetic excuse for a human being. I cant believe your whole appearance makes me that mad. You got me pretty far, congeratufuckinglations. Stupid whore. Go take some nudes.

Holy shit I wish that was short enough to sig quote. Well said Nina, well said.

Maria, just admit you're wrong.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Maria wasn't "wrong", exactly.

It's just that her English is so fucking convoluted and pretentious it's difficult to realise that whilst she talks like a retarded 17th century courtesan, she actually conforms to the guidelines of English. She's been told this one hundred times by now ; to stop deluding herself into thinking people are impressed because she writes English like centuries-dead people do. She won't listen.

However, that applies to her English only.

As to whether or not Maria is "wrong" in other aspects of her life ; stalking me, sending tit-pics to pubescant boys, spreading her legs for money, fixating unhealthily on her father, thinking she isn't repulsive to look at, choosing to speak like a pretentious archaic poet in the first place, etc. etc. etc.

Well yes, she's most decidedly wrong on those accounts.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 08:16 AM
In evidence to support my claims that Maria is a drug-frazzled burnt-out whore incapable of conversing in English like a normal human being of the 20th century, I'd like to point out that she just called me a "nincompoop", whatever the fuck that means.

Paint_It_Black
03-05-2006, 08:20 AM
I still say she was wrong. She needed to say "was even more so". And even then it would be a damn stupid way of putting it.

Microsoft Word agreed with me. I feel bad for that paper clip..."I see you're trying to type like a retarded 17th century courtesan..."

the_GoDdEsS
03-05-2006, 08:21 AM
you're trying my patience.

for the last time, expand your vocab. before you turn to other tongues to try & prove yourself your one career isn't in the shovelling sand business.

Don't be stupid. No normal person speaks archaic language and knows all of it except those who study it. Or crazy french whores who think reading Wuthering Heights day in and day out and speaking like the Victorian aristocracy will make them look like a real lady.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 08:22 AM
you're trying my patience.

for the last time, expand your vocab. before you turn to other tongues to try & prove yourself your one career isn't in the shovelling sand business.

& we're living in the 21st C.

Heh, when I try to make a career in tongues it means a whole other thing than when Maria does it.

Paint_It_Black
03-05-2006, 08:22 AM
you're trusting Word?

damn. hahaha.

Just saying it agreed. And, you know, I'll take the opinion of an inanimate object over yours any day.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 08:25 AM
erm. that novel isn't Victorian. neither in spirit nor in the letter.

I suggest you reread it, there's plenty of jargon & dialect mostly.

& btw, I've read other books besides. too true but of course. though I've not been reading a single novella for months on end actually whether in greek, english, french or spanish, the only 4 languages I'm fluent in.

Nobody cares, it's a shitty book with stupid language and you're a shitty stupid person for relating to it. And calling me Heathcliff while you were stalking me for fucks sake, could you get any more fucking repulsive you disgusting hideous French whore?

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Maybe so, but at least I never fell in love with a moron on the other side of the planet and e-stalked him for years, you pathetic insane wretch.

Vera
03-05-2006, 08:57 AM
You know, one of the biggest reasons why I've started doubting this is really Maria is because she's lost the odd way of using English almost entirely.

Which only leads me to believe it's someone who's doing a bad imitation of her.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 08:58 AM
She shares her account with TOM and notdoc.

JohnnyNemesis
03-05-2006, 09:08 AM
It's funny when foreigners try to correct other people's English.

In that first post of hers, there were no "two ways" to say it. "You're" was correct, "your" was absolutely incorrect and made no sense.

T-6005
03-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Microsoft Word agreed with me. I feel bad for that paper clip..."I see you're trying to type like a retarded 17th century courtesan..."
I wish all the context could be crammed into this so I could sig it.

Slipdog2
03-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Bottom boys talk with a lisp to attract the tops so they can get pounded. Its common sense really. Much like slutty girls taking their top off to attract horny guys, same thing really

T-6005
03-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Bottom boys talk with a lisp to attract the tops so they can get pounded. Its common sense really. Much like slutty girls taking their top off to attract horny guys, same thing really
Bottoms and tops? You're so 80s. I don't know any gay guys who still conform to that.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I think they just get it from their moms. Some guys who are mostly influenced by their moms grow up to be very feminine and maybe gay. That's just what I think.

Nina
03-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Did Maria delete her posts? I guess so.

Paint_It_Black
03-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Did Maria delete her posts? I guess so.

WTF? I guess she actually paid attention to Justin's poll.

Sin Studly
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Form an orderly queue to fellate me.