PDA

View Full Version : I think I officially qualify as emo

Human
03-04-2006, 01:31 PM
okay...maybe not, but the weird thing is, I hang out with the 'emo group' at my school, although I'm not...we always take emo pics together, most of them have been to the mental hospital for cutting, and I'm probably going to the fall out boy/ hawthorne heights concert in april. oh, what shall I do...haha, this is uber weird.

Paint_It_Black
03-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Alright, so what exactly is the point of the thread? Not trying to be a dick. I'm just not getting it.

JoY
03-04-2006, 01:37 PM
I remember coming home with a blue haired punk. my father bursted into laughter & my mother almost bursted into tears, if she wouldn't be so keen on Keeping up Appearances. I hung out with the 'punks' at my school. never actually was punk, though. within that group, I was always considered posh. it didn't interest me either way - they were nice & I liked them.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 01:39 PM
True. If you hang out with a bunch of guys, it doesn't make you male.

JoY
03-04-2006, 01:40 PM
thank GOD! *grabs onto your sleeve in relief*

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 01:41 PM
*glares*

:D

Human
03-04-2006, 01:45 PM
yes, but that is something you are physcially born with, now, as far as I was concerned, the world was not born in a certain way. emo is something different...My question is, when you participate in something, but not all of it, but not necessarily agree with it, how would you be viewed by society?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Why do you even care?

Human
03-04-2006, 01:48 PM
because I do...I wish I didn't but I do...no particular reason.

JoY
03-04-2006, 01:49 PM
does this actually really matter to you? I mean, if you like them, you can have a good time with them, you trust them, feel comfortable around them & you consider them friends, then who cares how other people view you as a member of their clique?

the_GoDdEsS
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Don't be so harsh. She's 11. In their world everything is about forming groups.

You'll either be viewed as emo or an outcast in between. Maybe.

the_GoDdEsS
03-04-2006, 01:51 PM
then who cares how other people view you as a member of their clique?

The problem is, in this age everyone does care.

Jebus
03-04-2006, 01:53 PM
I didn't realize kids cut at your age. Oh, how things have changed...

JoY
03-04-2006, 01:55 PM
my replies weren't in any way meant to be harsh. I think she knows that. it was just a genuine question.

maybe people will think it's a waste you hang out with people like them. maybe they'll think nothing of it. maybe they'll wonder what you're doing in such a crowd. maybe they think of you that you're not 'like them', but want to be 'like them'. these are all possibilities. I guess it depends on who you define as society; people of your own age/people of your parents' age/whatever.

Betty
03-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I think it's perfectly fair to say to an 11 year old "who cares what people think of you?" Like, sure most kids are stupid like that, but I wouldn't actually say it's a good thing to PROMOTE that behaviour and encourage kids to do everything they can to fit in even if it goes against what they think is right.

As for hanging out with emo kids, it doesn't make you emo unless you start doing all the specifically "emo" things they do.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 07:42 PM
I didn't realize kids cut at your age. Oh, how things have changed...

Yeah, me neither. I thought that was more of a 16 year old thing.

Revolver-2005?
03-04-2006, 07:45 PM
okay...maybe not, but the weird thing is, I hang out with the 'emo group' at my school, although I'm not...we always take emo pics together, most of them have been to the mental hospital for cutting, and I'm probably going to the fall out boy/ hawthorne heights concert in april. oh, what shall I do...haha, this is uber weird.

You shouldn't hang out with the kids that go to mental hospitals cause they cut themselves...and you don't wanna be emo so don't fucking see Hawthorne Heights or Fall Out Boy...matter of fact tell them to stop being bitches and listen to real music, and if they still wanna listen to emo give them AFI and The Cure.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Shame that not a single band you mentioned there was emo.

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Youngest kid I've known to cut is 12.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Take that!

All About Eve
03-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Actually, I've known two of them. One wasn't just a cutter though, she was borderline psychotic and would like stab pencils in her arm if she wasn't cutting.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Cutting has almost become trendy at my school. It's really disgusting.

0r4ng3
03-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Cutting is being done by kids at lower and lower ages. Eventually, unborn fetuses will start aborting themselves, because they think it's cool.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 08:31 PM
At least doctors won't be needing to cut umbilical cords anymore.

Linda
03-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Cutting is being done by kids at lower and lower ages. Eventually, unborn fetuses will start aborting themselves, because they think it's cool.

haha That is the funniest thing I've seen you post yet!

Revolver-2005?
03-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Shame that not a single band you mentioned there was emo.

Hawthorne Heights is emo, The Cure is like the grandfather of emo, and newer AFI is pretty emo...you're right though Fall out Boy isn't emo, it's just crap.

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
The Cure isn't even close to emo. The godfathers of emo are bands like Fugazi and Husker Du. You know, early emo wasn't anything like it is today, it was just normal punk rock only with emotional lyrics.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 09:55 PM
The Cure isn't even close to emo. The godfathers of emo are bands like Fugazi and Husker Du. You know, early emo wasn't anything like it is today, it was just normal punk rock only with emotional lyrics.

THANK you.

Revolver-2005?
03-04-2006, 10:03 PM

I still think The Cure inspired many emo bands with their lyrics. Yes Fugazi and Husker Du, Rites Of Spring...all those bands yeah they're grandfathers too. And I do know that early emo wasn't like today.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-04-2006, 10:06 PM
The Kinks inspired every punk band after the '60s. Does that make The Kinks punk?

Jakebert
03-04-2006, 10:06 PM
I still think The Cure inspired many emo bands with their lyrics. Yes Fugazi and Husker Du, Rites Of Spring...all those bands yeah they're grandfathers too. And I do know that early emo wasn't like today.

Yeah they inspired it a lot of current emo bands, but they arn't the grandfathers of it since most of the orignal emo bands hated them. That's like saying Van Halen are godfathers of punk because punk bands today like them.

noodlesfan
03-05-2006, 08:51 AM
so, you have no friends, so you decided to conform to the most desperate group in the scheme of groups?