PDA

View Full Version : Nightlife?

opivy21
03-04-2006, 06:31 PM
So I was on Napster and I looked at the Offspring and saw a new song called Nightlife. I listened to it and it was pretty good, but the only thing is that I don't think it was the Offspring. It was on a compilation called Oi! Sounds of the U.K. I just want to know if there's another band called the Offspring, which seems unlikely, or if Napster just made a mistake, because that was kind of weird.

Tijs
03-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Most likely it's napster making a mistake. Who would name their rockband the Offspring, if there's already a huge rock band called the Offspring?

opivy21
03-04-2006, 06:49 PM
^Yeah that's why it can't be the Offspring. If another band used that name they would get the pants sued off of themselves. And it doesn't sound like the Offspring anyway.

Jojan
03-04-2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.emusic.com/album/10881/10881206.html
Yeah, really weird. And that site thinks it's the "real" The Offspring. Offspring isn't Oi! and they're not from the U.K.
Cool CD though, great bands like Napalm Death and Oi! Polloi are on it.

one_fine_day
03-04-2006, 07:00 PM
alot of songs on downloading programs are fake songs that they claim is a band. For example, i downloaded a song called "Hunger" which they said was by Metallica and Megadeth. And clearly it was not, plus, metallica and megadeth would never work together in anything.

opivy21
03-04-2006, 08:03 PM
^I know that. I have Napster which is legal and costs money to make cds, so that's why it is weird.

Offspring-Fanatic
03-04-2006, 08:16 PM
yeah, and why do people (especcially on websites) think that The Offspring are from the UK?

ive seen this many times and i dont know why...i've heard they are HUGE in the UK, but you cant really confuse them with British bands. They're from Cali!

Offspring-Fanatic
03-04-2006, 08:17 PM
alot of songs on downloading programs are fake songs that they claim is a band. For example, i downloaded a song called "Hunger" which they said was by Metallica and Megadeth. And clearly it was not, plus, metallica and megadeth would never work together in anything.

yeah, and Metallica went to court saying that none of their music could be downloaded off any of those music sites. (like iTunes, Napster...trust me, I've looked!)

Jojan
03-05-2006, 03:42 AM
You can listen to a part of the song via the link I gave.