PDA

View Full Version : F'kin Pistols

Lupin
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Narrrh FugggGOrrff........
Anyway, Sex Pistols maybe not everyones cup o' tea. But come on John Lydon slated Green Day for what they are...which is no bad thing. But what im getting at is, Bodies by the Sex Pistols. If you've heard it you'll understand, if you haven't...find it.
Punk Music in its 1990-2006 guise seems to take on a less aggressive tone, personally i hate Good Charlotte...and i just happened to have mediaplayer on random. Bodies came on, then 'Good Charlotte,' Then Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC. A testement to GC i remember it was them, the song on the other hand....pffffffft, fuck it.
But anyway, the moral of this post and thred is...get some old punk and sandwich new(ish) punk in the middle...it allows you to forget song names from bands you used to hate!!! Fuck Yes!!
________
Ford durango specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Durango)

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 05:59 PM
WTF? :confused:

Lupin
03-05-2006, 06:03 PM
r e a d...its not difficult. All the words are spelt out.............Bodies By The Sex Pistols...its in the 'other bands' catagory, its all cool 'man'.
Patronising...nahhh
________
Gm foods (http://gmfoods.info/)

HisHolinessSatan
03-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't really get it. Could you try and explain without so many '...' and actually fill those in with words expressing what you mean.

coke_a_holic
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Dear Lupin,

Make sense.

Thanks!

coke_a_holic

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't really get it. Could you try and explain without so many '...' and acutally fill those in with words expressing what you mean.

Okay, at least I know I wasn't the only one that didn't understand that at all.

EDIT: shit....... Coke_a_Holic, you always make people like me look bad.

Lupin
03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Bodies by The Sex Pistols.
Shit by GC
Whole Lotta Rosie by ACDC

those 3 songs in that order where on my Media Player earlier. I was making the point that Bodies is such a vicious classic, that it hammered GC's coffin lid shut. Not that i liked them anyway, but in a nutshell: Sandwich shit with 2 classics and it still tastes like shit!
________
Dodge Journey History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Journey)

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Bodies by The Sex Pistols.
Shit by GC
Whole Lotta Rosie by ACDC

those 3 songs in that order where on my Media Player earlier. I was making the point that Bodies is such a vicious classic, that it hammered home GC's coffin lid shut. Not that i liked them anyway, but in a nutshell: Sandwich shit with 2 classics and it still tastes like shit!

Okay, I get it now.

Lupin
03-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!! See its not all bad.
Hit Machine by Guttermouth...could be one of those classics. Anything by Bowling For Soup...could not
________
Vaporite Solo Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/solo-vaporizer.html)

HisHolinessSatan
03-05-2006, 06:13 PM
I now understand what you mean. Unfortunately, I still don't really see your point. If you don't like the song, turn it off. Wait 2-3 min, then turn the radio back on. Another option is to just listen to CDs.

Lupin
03-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Suppose so, it was so unexpected tho. Oh and actually my original point was for people to listen to Bodies, punk'll never be the same again.
I mean, it will. But it'll just be viewed differently.
________
VAPOR GENIE VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/vaporgenie-vaporizer.html)

pretty fly 88
03-05-2006, 06:37 PM
I don't know too much about the Sex Pistols, but I like what I've heard from them.

Jakebert
03-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah but the Sex Pistols kind of like...suck, and stuff.

bd007h
03-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah but the Sex Pistols kind of like...suck, and stuff.

said the Green Day fan

DeAtHsTaR
03-06-2006, 07:17 PM
said the Green Day fan
Dude, you're a Green Day fan too. Both bands are/were pretty untalented, but I like Green Day more.

bd007h
03-06-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm not as much of a Green Day fan as I was before Boulevard of Broken Dreams started getting played 5 times an hour

Kitten
03-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm not as much of a Green Day fan as I was before Boulevard of Broken Dreams started getting played 5 times an hour

As someone else said, listen to CD's if you are not happy with what is played.

neocon58
03-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Sex pistols are PUNX?

Jakebert
03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
said the Green Day fan

The Sex Pistols suck. A lot. They're probably the single most overrated band in the history of music, as no band has gotten that much credit while sucking so bad.

They had no actual talent whatsoever and used publicity stunts to gain notoriety. Most of the original punk scene hated them and saw them as props and whores, and now Rotton pretends that he's part of the group that shunned him because he's an idiot and a windbag.

If you want an example of how phony they were, look at Sid Vicious: he sucked ass at bass, almost never played in the studio, and a lot of times wasn't even plugged in when they played live, yet they kept him for sex appeal. If that's not fake, I don't know what is.

Then again, you like crap like Avenged Sevenfold, so I guess I don't expect you to know much more about music than that. And before you start your stump speech: yes I have heard most of their released material because a friend of mine is a huge fan, and everything I have heard is nothing more than garbage. Kthnxdrivethru.

Retard
03-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Anarchy in the U.k> is a good song only because it basically was the first punk song ever written, that and its catchy as hell.

the guitarist and drummer (i forget their names) actually were the talented ones in the band. and Rotten wrote maybe 3 good songs, the above mentioned, pretty vacant (granted Tommy And The Terror's version is better) and God Save the Queen.

Viscious was fucking talentless well once he joned the pistols. before he supposedly wasnt that bad, but theres no recordings to tell.

oh and yeah i think its kinda funny how Johnny Rotten is complaining about how Green Day are sellouts or something like that (which they are) granted he was also a fuckin sell out himself and always will be. the sex pistols are kinda like a joke to alot of punks and i think its funny how like when people who have no idea what punk is always assume the sex pistols are what everyone likes. that always makes me laugh.

Jakebert
03-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Anarchy in the U.k> is a good song only because it basically was the first punk song ever written, that and its catchy as hell.

What? No it wasn't. The Ramones released a whole album before the Pistols even formed, and bands like the Dead Boys and the New York Dolls had been doing punk rock aswell.

Retard
03-08-2006, 12:53 PM
FUCK!!!!!

ok that time i wasnt intentionally being retarded.

i totally forgot about the Ramones (yeah that explains alot)

its mostly because i'm reading this book about the pistols/english punk at the moment and they totally skip over the ramones.

i am truly thanking you for this dope slap to the nuts for being a dumbass.

Jakebert
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, because the Ramones weren't a part of the British punk scene, being from New York and all.

Retard
03-08-2006, 01:42 PM
yeah no shit.

but u know something i do remember them talking about how Vicious stayed up all night on speed played the ramones album all night and learned the whole thing.

so hey thanks for the sarcasm dickhead. ;)