PDA

View Full Version : Dex on song discussion

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Reading the Dexter on Song poll thread, i saw afew things that really confused me and contridicts alot of what stuff people have told me, so i thought i'd take the chance to open this thread for discussion aswell as these questions. Aynway just wondering why...

.... How come an awesome smash song like Bad Habit can be being beaten by a splinter's Can't Get My Head Around You?
.... How come Crossroads is doing so well?
.... How come neither of the bands first 2 singles, Come Out And Play and Self Esteem are doing well even thought they are probably the biggest things that have happened to the band? Should they be put as one vote with other songs?
.... How come even many people find it the best album and none of the songs off ignition are doing well even though Dex hasn't written about any of them?

JohnnyNemesis
03-06-2006, 09:35 AM
.... How come an awesome smash song like Bad Habit can be being beaten by a splinter's Can't Get My Head Around You?

It's just an opinion that "Bad Habit" is an awesome song. Not everyone agrees.

.... How come Crossroads is doing so well?

Because the lyrics are kinda vague, so people want to know the meaning. It's not about which songs are best, it's about which ones people want to learn more about.

.... How come neither of the bands first 2 singles, Come Out And Play and Self Esteem are doing well even thought they are probably the biggest things that have happened to the band? Should they be put as one vote with other songs?

Because the meanings of those songs are extremely obvious.

.... How come even many people find it the best album and none of the songs off ignition are doing well even though Dex hasn't written about any of them?

Same as previous answers.

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah but don't people want to hear about what the song actually did for the band? i mean look at beheaded the lyrics there were pretty ovbious. Bad Habit is a fan faveroute and lots of people hate the Splinter album.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-06-2006, 10:26 AM
because people want to know about GONE AWAY because of all the mystery with "the dead Dexter's wife" and all that bullshit :p

Rutegard
03-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah but don't people want to hear about what the song actually did for the band? i mean look at beheaded the lyrics there were pretty ovbious. Bad Habit is a fan faveroute and lots of people hate the Splinter album.

loads ofpeople hate splinter??....

well speak for you....i love it!!

notoriousdoc
03-06-2006, 11:44 AM
loads ofpeople hate splinter??....

well speak for you....i love it!!
TAHTZ CUZ U LUV COK!!1

Rutegard
03-06-2006, 11:49 AM
TAHTZ CUZ U LUV COK!!1

:confused:

JohnnyNemesis
03-06-2006, 12:09 PM
TAHTZ CUZ U LUV COK!!1

You're not funny. Don't try. Ever.

0r4ng3
03-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Beheaded was one that Dexter chose himself. It would seem pretty obvious that the fans want him to explain a song that's pretty confusing, instead of one they like. For example, my favorite song by them is The Kids Aren't Alright, but I'm not gonna vote for it, because it's meaning is pretty obvious.