PDA

View Full Version : 13 yr old gives birth

neocon58
03-07-2006, 01:08 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060306/wl_uk_afp/britainhealthchildbirthoffbeat_060306163153

LONDON (AFP) - A 13-year-old British girl who did not realise she was pregnant has given birth to a baby weighing three kilos (six-and-a-half pounds) she has named Sophie.

Charlotte Maddox said she remembered feeling "a bit podgy" but did not know she was pregnant until she went into labour. Initially, she put her contractions down to a stomach infection.

"I was screaming in pain and put it down to eating too much. I was screaming in pain and shouted, 'I've got to push something, it's coming!'" she told Britain's Daily Mirror.

"That was the first time I realised I was pregnant and about to become a mum. Suddenly the pain disappeared and I was in total shock.

"The next thing I knew was hearing Sophie scream for the first time. I was so relieved she was safe. Then it suddenly hit me that I was a mum.

"My whole life had changed in three hours. I went from feeling a bit poorly and worrying about my homework to holding a newborn baby in my arms and worrying about a new life."

The teenager, from Devon, southwest England, said she had lost her virginity on the day of her 13th birthday.

She was living with a foster family at the time, although she returned to live with her parents in September.

She said she had no desire to see the 15-year-old father of her baby daughter.

"I don't want him looking after her. He wasn't the nicest boy in the world, and I think we will be better off without him," she said.

Hmmmm.......

Tizzalicious
03-07-2006, 01:10 AM
She must have been fat.

Andy
03-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Just an average day back home.

GreenTerror
03-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Stupid bitch. How the hell did she not know she was freaking pregnant? These girls and their vaginas.

SaiKYoU
03-07-2006, 02:02 AM
and if she didn't knew she was pregnant, what the hell did she thought? that a hamburger was in his stomach for 9 months, that the hamburger was moving? maybe it was an alien... yeah, i'm sure she thought that...

GreenTerror
03-07-2006, 02:05 AM
And another thing, woulden't she have noticed an abscence of her "monthly visitor"? BULLSHIT, that little whore knew!

JoY
03-07-2006, 02:32 AM
by the time her kid is ten, she's 23! brilliant. I wouldn't even want to get a child at the age of 23.

JoY
03-07-2006, 02:38 AM
And another thing, woulden't she have noticed an abscence of her "monthly visitor"? BULLSHIT, that little whore knew!
the monthly visitor often visits irregularly at such a young age.

it's amazing she didn't notice anything. of course this could be a bullshit story (I haven't checked the link), but I know it does happen.

I mean, the kid's real fucking young & hardly knows what pregnancy is. she probably thought that if she'd have a child, the stork would bring it in a piece of cloth.

I'm not saying there's a certain age-limit for sex, or anything, but this does prove that having sex at the age 13 isn't such a perfect timing. she was way too young (mentally) to even realise the possible consequences, obviously.

Nicole
03-07-2006, 02:39 AM
These mystery pregnancies baffle me, especially when the child comes out to be a healthy size. It would have to be a huge combination of highly unlikely events but surely there have to be some people that can have such a smooth run and still have some kind of period and therefore not know?

JoY
03-07-2006, 02:42 AM
if you take the pill, it's possible you still get your period every month while being pregnant. it happened to the girlfriend of a friend of my brother. (sounds complicated, but it isn't) two years ago he suddenly heard that he'd be a dad in four/five months. luckily they're somewhat older than this girl. say.. 12 years. they immediately decided to move in together, so they left their studenthouses & rented something for the both of them. well, three of them. they're doing fine. the kid's doing fine & it has a happy mother & father, despite the fact the baby was an 'accident'.

Tizzalicious
03-07-2006, 02:54 AM
She might have never had her period yet...that she would have gotten it 2 weeks after she got pregnant, but she never did, so she didn't notice because she never had one before.

Nicole
03-07-2006, 02:54 AM
I wasn't aware of that. I've heard of undetected pregnancies while on other forms of birth control due to the already expected absence of periods.

It's nice to hear that it worked out well for somebody, although it must have been a big surprise.

JoY
03-07-2006, 02:58 AM
Tizz, that seems kind of unlikely.

I wasn't aware of that. I've heard of undetected pregnancies while on other forms of birth control due to the already expected absence of periods.

It's nice to hear that it worked out well for somebody, although it must have been a big surprise.
I can imagine that.

I guess it could only work out, because they'd already been together for about three+ years & were rather mature. I guess it does go wrong in most of the cases, when the girlfriend suddenly appears to be pregnant, when neither of the parents are really ready for it.

Tizzalicious
03-07-2006, 03:02 AM
Tizz, that seems kind of unlikely.

Well, it'd be a big coicidence, but it's definitely possible. That's why they always say you can get pregnant if you've never had a period yet, because you might be just about to get the first one.

kamikaze
03-07-2006, 07:29 AM
I want to have all of my kids before I'm 30. But I'd rather not start until I'm at least 21. I can't really say how I feel about teen mothers. In some ways, they're respectable for not aborting the child or giving it up. And then it's the whole fact that they're still kids themselves and being fucking whores about it. Ah, the drama!

F@ BANKZ
03-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Crazy girl must have had some idea? What about morning sickness, fatness, periods etc...... the worlds youngest mum was 8 though.

~*hit_that*~
03-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Crazy girl must have had some idea? What about morning sickness, fatness, periods etc...... the worlds youngest mum was 8 though.

now thats a little on the screwed up side...jesus, I have a little cousin a year younger, and one two years older than that...shocking!

And not all teen mum's are whores...

notoriousdoc
03-07-2006, 09:31 AM
And not all teen mum's are whores...
Bullshit, of course they are. :rolleyes:

~*hit_that*~
03-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Bullshit, of course they are.

rape doesn't make them whores...just attacked by some sick bastard...that was my point. :confused:

notoriousdoc
03-07-2006, 09:34 AM
rape doesn't make them whores...just attacked by some sick bastard...that was my point. :confused:
Ah, I see. I withdraw my statement

F@ BANKZ
03-07-2006, 09:35 AM
or if they were drunk

~*hit_that*~
03-07-2006, 09:36 AM
or if they were drunk
yep. Thanks notoriousdoc :)

darko
03-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Actually this is more common over here than you think.....not always 13 year olds....but there has been afew over the last couple of years

wheelchairman
03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Of course it is.

Corpse
03-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Something like this is always happening here in UK. The teachers go about teaching students about being safe an all that in the complete wrong way. The odds that the girl was a chav are very high.

HeadAroundU
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
O my goodness...

JoY
03-07-2006, 04:22 PM
wait, hold on a second.. so if you're naive, young, in love, uneducated, a teen & you have sex..? you're automatically either a whore, or a slut?

I have some catching up to do when it comes to the English dictionary, so it seems. whoa.

by the way, today I heard of a 12 year old in Germany giving birth. & a few more stories of 13 year olds here in Amsterdam giving birth. actually, it happens quite a lot. I got my first period real late, so under any circumstances it wouldn't have happened to me, but some girls under some circumstances grow up real fast. & that's not always by choice.

Jakebert
03-07-2006, 04:42 PM
That's really messed up. Especially the parents not noticing.

Yeah, 13 is obviously way too young to be having sex if things like this happen. That naivety is something that all kids, no matter how much MTV they watch, have at that age. I remember it myself. You only have a tiny idea of what sex is, and that's it. You don't know enough about it to be doing it at that age, no matter what the school has been teaching you about condoms.

The thing with the parents just kills me. Those have to be some of the worst parents in the world to not know the difference between fat and pregnant. I mean, they're fucking adults for God's sake.

JoY
03-07-2006, 04:43 PM
some people wear baggy clothes?

That_Guy91
03-07-2006, 04:44 PM
The thing with the parents just kills me. Those have to be some of the worst parents in the world to not know the difference between fat and pregnant. I mean, they're fucking adults for God's sake.
Maybe they were in denial.

Jakebert
03-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Yeah, I could see that, but that would still come back to "they're adults, for God's sake." They should have sat down and delt with it, instead of being so childish.

JoY
03-07-2006, 04:51 PM
how does that work? :/

"that's no morning sickness. she's just nervous for breakfast."

I mean, they had a kid at some point obviously. they know how it works.

Offspring-Fanatic
03-07-2006, 04:53 PM
according to my brother, there is a pregnant 7th grader at his school, and a few lesbian couples.

it's like, so undescribable. most are whores or girls that think they are safe and know everything.

i bet they all failed health class.

wheelchairman
03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
according to my brother, there is a pregnant 7th grader at his school, and a few lesbian couples.

it's like, so undescribable. most are whores or girls that think they are safe and know everything.

The Cascadian Revolution will re-educate you.

Jakebert
03-07-2006, 05:04 PM
how does that work? :/

"that's no morning sickness. she's just nervous for breakfast."

I mean, they had a kid at some point obviously. they know how it works.

If you tell yourself something so many times, you eventually start to believe it. It's kind of how when a person gets molested as a kid, and then they forget that it happened all of their life because they blocked it from their memory.

But, the thing about this that makes it so sad is that they were being confronted with it every day, so they should have snapped out of it, but they didn't. There's no telling how much that kid was damaged because they neglected to care for it while it was in the womb. Sure it looks healthy now, but things can catch up to you when you grow older.

Jakebert
03-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Last year we had a senior who would constantly try to seduce 7th graders. I don't want to know how many it worked on because I don't feel like getting sick.

Offspring-Fanatic
03-07-2006, 05:12 PM
these girls that get pregnant at such a young age need to have some common sense.

1. it's so disturbing and sickening to lose at that age
2. if they decide to, use protection
3. if you were raped, then you would know so you should get checked so you can get an abortion
4. its just...how can you possibly not know you are pregnant? there ARE tests for that.

i just want to scream at those girls.

JohnnyNemesis
03-07-2006, 05:14 PM

You're so incredibly stupid. Like, all the fuckin' time.

JoY
03-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Offspring-Fanatic, just give up. you appear to be a million times dumber than any teen getting knocked up at any age.

wheelchairman
03-07-2006, 05:16 PM
these girls that get pregnant at such a young age need to have some common sense.

3. if you were raped, then you would know so you should get checked so you can get an abortion
4. its just...how can you possibly not know you are pregnant? there ARE tests for that.

i just want to scream at those girls.
You're 14/15. Too young to judge.

Just rest safely in the knowledge that we will re-educate you or expell you from the People's Republic of Cascadia. (You lie in the Revolutionary Republic of Washington (RRW), I'm thankfully from the Peoples Democracy of Oregon (PDO).

Jakebert
03-07-2006, 05:17 PM

Getting raped goes a little deeper than just get pregnant, you fucking retard.

calichix
03-07-2006, 06:10 PM
you'd have a heart attack living in the barrio.

Linda
03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
That's really messed up. Especially the parents not noticing.

The article said she got pregnant when in the care of a foster home.
When she went home to her parents, they probably didn't pay much
attention to her to notice.

Still, she had to know. Baby's kick alot in the womb. She had to feel that unless, like someone already mentioned, she was really fat.

Tizzalicious
03-08-2006, 12:27 AM

If you have no idea you're pregnant, still get your period (or never had one in the first place), you don't think "hey, maybe I'm pregnant, let's do a test!"

Mentally_Challenged
03-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Well, sounds about normal to me _ Scummy Yarmouth...

Captain Creepy
03-08-2006, 05:48 AM
Gee, I guess these were all virgin births. Nobody has said a word about the prick that fathered the baby. Y'mean he didn't know what he was doing?
Why is it always the girl that gets the blame? She didn't get that way by herself unless it was a frozen pop.

Jakebert
03-08-2006, 01:03 PM
The article said she got pregnant when in the care of a foster home.
When she went home to her parents, they probably didn't pay much
attention to her to notice.

Still, she had to know. Baby's kick alot in the womb. She had to feel that unless, like someone already mentioned, she was really fat.

That's true, but they had to have seen some signs and noticed them.

~*hit_that*~
03-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Gee, I guess these were all virgin births. Nobody has said a word about the prick that fathered the baby. Y'mean he didn't know what he was doing?
Why is it always the girl that gets the blame? She didn't get that way by herself unless it was a frozen pop.

Thats true, it shouldn't always be the female getting the blame.

offspring kid
03-08-2006, 01:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060306/wl_uk_afp/britainhealthchildbirthoffbeat_060306163153

Hmmmm.......

Wow another one :rolleyes:

Nirushika6789
03-08-2006, 02:37 PM

i just want to scream at those girls..
Ok...I am one of the few people who are always nice and I try to almost never lose my head and get angry at someone but I have to make an excuse here!

Seriously Offspring-Fanatic....Do you think before you type.

I personally do disagree with her having sex at 13 but let me go through your points for a while.

1. it's so disturbing and sickening to lose at that age.
I agree that it is wrong but dude have you ever heard of getting caught up in the moment...I know it is a big thing to lose your virginity but the girl said she lost it on her 13th birthday, maybe at a party..and has stated that she doesn't want the father near the child....Ever heard of Pier Pressure??

Yes, they should have...but she was 13 and probably as idiotic as the father and didn't use protection.

This one really got me angry.Do you know her religion...a lot of religions disagree strongly with abortion...I'm a catholic and if I was raped I would NOT abort the child. I would put it up for adoption or something that way the child isn't getting blamed for the sick bastard who raped the girl. Also why should she jst kill a living human...you know funnily enough a lot of people don't like to just go and murder people???!!!!!!

4. its just...how can you possibly not know you are pregnant? there ARE tests for that
ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?!?!?!?!?
She said she didn't fucking know she was pregnant...sheesh...read man!
as tizz said you aren't going to get a pregnancy test if you don't think you are pregnant

Now I am sorry but this really pissed me off...

and Sorry for the amount of '!'s :(