PDA

View Full Version : I think that Gods got a sick sense of humor...

ruroken
03-07-2006, 08:39 AM
There are so many things that happen to people that would never happen to us. Or at least, most of us. How we grow up in a better home, without being beaten without a reason, and not being violated. And those close to us not getting killed. Or anything. It's hard to believe that such things could happen...especially for me, because I'm really spoiled. I don't see, however, why I would deserve a lot of the stuff that I have when others who are/could easily be considered better than me get the worst and have to deal with several horrible things happening to them.

My question is, though, what do you believe is the purpose of our existance? While we could be toys, we could also be able to make such choices that determine what would happen in the future. And some things just aren't predictable...are those things set events? Would they happen no matter what we do? Are our entire lives written out or do we write them for ourselves?

Sinister
03-07-2006, 08:42 AM
I think there are some things that will happen no matter what you do like sickness, death of loved ones, your own death, etc.

On the other hand, the vast majority of what you do is your own choice, and things that happen afterwards are the consequences of your choices.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-07-2006, 08:46 AM
This whole "we're just tiny dots in an endless universe" argument is an old one, and my response to it is this - yes, in every sense we're tiny when compared to the whole universe. But that's not a reason to despair or think we're worthless because we don't EXIST in the whole universe - in that, out of the whole Universe we occupy one tiny space of one tiny planet. That's our world, not the universe. And in that tiny space we can be incredibly important.

el_monkey
03-07-2006, 08:48 AM
everything depends on your point of view

Sinister
03-07-2006, 08:49 AM
everything depends on your point of view
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/srsly-40514.jpg

demon_slayer
03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
yeah it all does depend on your point of view

but whats with the owl?

Sinister
03-07-2006, 09:25 AM
read on the right. "srsly?" (= "seriously?" in shorthand)
it's sarcasm.

F@ BANKZ
03-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Blaspheme, i you do not repent you may suffer eternely! Save your soul! SAVE IT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

JohnnyNemesis
03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Kudos on the well articulated points, ruroken. I'll reply with substance soon enough. For now:

AND WHEN I DIE, I EXPECT TO FIND HIM LAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHING.

Rocky-girl
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Very interesting question. This joke is called life. Really I think that We do our life and only we can do our life better. And about joking 2 years ago I have one bitter joke...

WebDudette
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Kudos on the well articulated points, ruroken. I'll reply with substance soon enough. For now:

AND WHEN I DIE, I EXPECT TO FIND HIM LAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHING.

Nooooooooo.......

The reply I was thinking of when I was reading Ruroken's post was.

"I'am at school right now so I don't have the time to make a proper reply so, and when I die, I excpect to find him laughing"

Edit, Girl of eighteen fell in love with everything found new life in Jesus Christ.

JohnnyNemesis
03-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Hit by a car, ended up, on a life support machiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

coke_a_holic
03-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree with Dave, even though we're tiny in comparison to the universe, whatever is out there doesn't concern us as of now. So what if there are billions of worlds out there, they don't know us and we don't know them. Therefore, we have no reason to feel like we are completely worthless.

JoY
03-07-2006, 04:07 PM
my point of view? this is my life, I'm enjoying the shit out of it & I'd like to continue doing so. I've got dreams, passions, life goals, wishes, cares & they involve people, studies, jobs, personal growth & everything I need & they form a circle around me, which is the only circle that matters to me. that's my purpose of existance.

there is no general, universal reason why we exist. we just do. there is no special reason why shit sometimes hits the fan & why things go wrong. whatever is out of your control is out of your control & you can possibly learn from it & if you can't, you can't. what's within your control is what you should cherish. it's a privilege to have things within reach & that you can influence your own fait. just fucking use it.

T-6005
03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
My point of view?

I read the title of this thread and though "God has, not Gods".

That is my point of view.

JoY
03-07-2006, 04:19 PM
thought, not though. ;P

T-6005
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
thought, not though. ;P
He stared silently at the screen for at least 3 minutes. Then - ever so slowly - he rose. Taking the utmost care, for fear of noise, he exited the room, and made his way down to the bathroom.

Then he drowned himself in the toilet.

wheelchairman
03-07-2006, 04:22 PM
:p or ;) not ;p what an ugly facial expression.

JoY
03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
He stared silently at the screen for at least 3 minutes. Then - ever so slowly - he rose. Taking the utmost care, for fear of noise, he exited the room, and made his way down to the bathroom.

Then he drowned himself in the toilet.
she rose aswell, quickly as if she was running out of time. with a frightened look in her eyes she ran down the stairs, almost tripping over her own feet. she made it. thank god she was on time. but there was no 'time' she should've been there, for his head didn't fit in the bowl.

Per, shut up. you'd love it if I'd make that facial expression. LOVE, I tell you.

T-6005
03-07-2006, 04:29 PM
THAT's your comeback? My head doesn't FIT?

Oh my god. Mistakes and now an overlarge head?! You're just destroying me today!

JoY
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
quickly she closed all the windows & hid all the pills, ropes & razors.

>>will be continued.

ruroken
03-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Care to enlighten me with your thoughts now, Rick?

yay
03-07-2006, 10:37 PM
There are so many things that happen to people that would never happen to us. Or at least, most of us. How we grow up in a better home, without being beaten without a reason, and not being violated. And those close to us not getting killed. Or anything. It's hard to believe that such things could happen...especially for me, because I'm really spoiled. I don't see, however, why I would deserve a lot of the stuff that I have when others who are/could easily be considered better than me get the worst and have to deal with several horrible things happening to them.

My question is, though, what do you believe is the purpose of our existance? While we could be toys, we could also be able to make such choices that determine what would happen in the future. And some things just aren't predictable...are those things set events? Would they happen no matter what we do? Are our entire lives written out or do we write them for ourselves?I think our lives are written for us to a certain extent. I think when God decides your numbers are up, thats it. You have to look no further than a celebrity like 50 Cent to know what I'm talking about. Here is a man who gets shot nine times including in the head and he survives, as they mentioned in the movie, at the same time a kid got shot just once and died instantly. It's incredible to see some accidents on the road where people have had head on collisions with trucks and miraculously survived, while others have died from the tiniest of things.

Of course we do have some control over our lives, for example people voluntarily do things such as drugs which are likely to effect their lives, and also play extreme sports etc. But maybe in the end thats how God wanted them to live there lives.

It's a very interesting subject.

.:SMASH:.
03-07-2006, 10:56 PM
if you are a christian, you would be gratefull. he created you didn't he? or at least what you believe. if it wasn't for that god character you wouldn't be here at all. now go think about something else to whine about

JohnnyNemesis
03-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, SMASH, everyone knows you're an idiot, but you're always finding new and innovative ways to remind us. Thanks!

thisplacesucks
03-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I totally agree with the first part of this thread, i guess, in a way, although some pretty fucked up shit has happened to me.

As for the whole meaning of life thing, i guess alot of thinking has lead me to the conclusion that we are just complex organisms with a very small set perspective, incapable of seeing the universal or anything near it, so we made a little life for ourselves here. its all just nature and science, religion for me is just philosophy.

but i could be way off.

ps im getting batter with paragraph form, almost! :) yay pat on back*

ruroken
03-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Well, SMASH, everyone knows you're an idiot, but you're always finding new and innovative ways to remind us. Thanks!
Why won't you enlighten me? :( *cutez*
DA PANTZ HAV FORSAKIN MI!!! *cutez 2 deap&dys*

Vera
03-08-2006, 09:05 AM
:p or ;) not ;p what an ugly facial expression.
But it's so Endy!

Andy
03-08-2006, 02:39 PM
When I die, God owes me a drink.

All About Eve
03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Pah, God owes me a bar.

Andy
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
God can buy me a drink at your bar.

All About Eve
03-08-2006, 02:45 PM
If there's any leftover, sure.

T-6005
03-08-2006, 02:45 PM
What's the currency in Heaven?

Andy
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Virgins.

(10)

All About Eve
03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, a drink only costs a leg and an arm :(

T-6005
03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I think I prefer the first one mentioned.

Not by that far, though - where's the fun in virgins?

All About Eve
03-08-2006, 02:56 PM
They're good cleaners, I've heard.

Andy
03-08-2006, 02:57 PM
They've got good blood, apparently. I'm not one to disagree.

demon_slayer
03-13-2006, 09:26 AM
if i ever get to heven it proves that there is no hell

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-13-2006, 09:26 AM

You're an idiot.

T-6005
03-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Not if you really slay demons, you man you. That's like an automatic pass into that heavenly buffet-o-goodness.