PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Guy Cohen!?!

F@ BANKZ
03-09-2006, 09:03 AM
While watching The Offspring video collection i was wondering why The Offspring were so popular around the time of Americana, then came on the Pretty Fly Video with Guy Cohen, i watched all the extras with him after. I could see clearly how Guy shaped a whole album of success for The Offspring :cool: I love that guy and i thought that now there has been a good amount of time since Americana, It's time to bring him back!!!
He would need to be on a video, so i thought he could be made a similar character in a different situation.

What do you think?

el_monkey
03-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I think it would be kind of annoying to have him again for a whole album/tour, but I think it'd be cool if he appeared in one of their videos without being announced before ( by the band )

Llamas
03-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't think guy cohen is interesting in working with the offspring again, after that interview on the video collection. Also, I didn't think he was really that funny... though, I'd rather see him in another video, than see another video like "hit that".

Hux
03-09-2006, 12:58 PM
He's too different and old now for this stuff and he's got his own stuff to do.

offspring_freak_3
03-09-2006, 01:25 PM
nah, the pretty fly vid is enought, but if the offspring make something funny would be kinda cool see him in the video again, but i agree with hux, hes kinda old now for doing this stuff :rolleyes:

Hypodermic_89
03-09-2006, 02:25 PM
yeah bring back Guy Cohen!!

*If you want to see a bunch of 14 year old kids with Offspring t-shirts thinking they're punx*

I don't want The Offspring to be famous again!! I just want them to release albums and keep making music. And no, they won't stop playing if they don't achieve huge mainstream success, cause they're not in the business for fame.

platinumpt
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I certainly hope they don't bring him back. The interview confirmed the guy is lame.

alistair13
03-09-2006, 07:48 PM
i never saw the interview, because i never got the dvd. can someone tell me what was said and stuff? that would be nice

Llamas
03-09-2006, 07:51 PM
he was really rude to dexter, and he acted like he didn't really like working with the band. He acted like he was too good for the offspring... and then he went on to basically say he's not doing much of anything with his life- a lot of acting roles that he didn't get, and stuff like that. He was a boring dickhead with no life :P (sorry, I really liked him in the pretty fly video, but I was very pissed at how he treated the band).

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Kay. No. Why? Because he was retarded then, and he is retarded now. And the Where Is He Now? thing wasnt needed. Even though it was kinda cool to see what hes doing, I dont think anyone cares about some guy that was in an Offspring video. Hell, bring back the kid who was in the mosh pits in the Gotta Get Away video. Catch up with him every once in a while.

.:SMASH:.
03-10-2006, 12:12 AM
lol he shouldnt be in a video or anything. i think it would be hilerious if he was on the cover of the next album just for a laugh

Hux
03-10-2006, 02:08 AM
That would never happen because it would be the dumbest thing ever. That would be really depressing.

Venom Symbiote
03-10-2006, 02:26 AM
Heh, you know what? That could actually work!

If they decided to get all sarcastic in the Reel Big Fish sense and write an album theme of being jaded at the music industry and the whole fame thing. Having Cohen on the cover in full "Pretty Fly" get-up would be a nice little cynical stab at their former success and the way people see them now.

It'd be pretty clever. Again, would have to use a heavy dose of sarcasm to be relevant, though.

Hux
03-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Don't be a fucking idiot. That would never work and everyone would start losing respect for them.

neocon58
03-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Awesome, so the band can play a few more generic-as-shit songs, feature guy in the videos and all the teenies will come back and want to suck dexters 40 year old wang harder than they ever did to Billie Joes, because ofsping iz tru punx unlyk grnday.

Come out and smash'em up!
03-10-2006, 03:36 AM
cohan was quickly showed in original pranksters music video i think

F@ BANKZ
03-10-2006, 08:21 AM
I think you are thinking of the Why Don't You Get A job video where he is on screen for about 1 second doing the same roll.

Dmarques
03-10-2006, 10:14 AM
I certainly hope they don't bring him back. The interview confirmed the guy is lame.

Yeah...his eyes were not very well and the voice... :rolleyes:

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Awesome, so the band can play a few more generic-as-shit songs, feature guy in the videos and all the teenies will come back and want to suck dexters 40 year old wang harder than they ever did to Billie Joes, because ofsping iz tru punx unlyk grnday.
Hahahaha .

Llamas
03-10-2006, 10:31 AM
neocon that was so good and so true. guy cohen should not come back and the offspring should only hit the fame stage again if it means they will stay together longer. i prefer having my favorite band out of the spotlight, personally.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah...his eyes were not very well and the voice... :rolleyes:

you 're right. I can't stand him now.

mrconeman
03-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Screw Guy, what they needed was a Zooey Deschanel, where is she now.

Jakebert
03-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah, great idea! The Offspring can pander to the lowest common demoninator and make an album full of generic crap songs like Staind or Puddle of Mudd, then have a ultra cool hip hop/punk song and have Guy in the video, then people will be like "OMG THAT'S SO FUNNAH".

Seriously kid, you need help.