PDA

View Full Version : The Noose and Long Way Home

noodle654
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Ok, I just started to listen to these songs, I dont really listen to the Splinter album that much. Well, The Noose, at first I didnt even seem like the Offspring, like when the drums come in, I was like holy god this songs is amazing! It has a killer beat, good bass, and good drums. Of course Dexters vocals were the shiz yo. What do you think?

Long Way Home, the drums in this are amazing, Josh is a god. The solo part after the first chorus is INSANE!!! Also, if you listen pretty closely you can hear the snair and it sounds like a roll on the floor tom??? I dont really play drums that much, what do you think about this song? I love how Dexter speaks, and there is the Hey! Hey! Hey!. That is amazing.

Just felt like spilling my comments about these two songs. What do you think about them??

rlplaymaker
03-09-2006, 05:35 PM
josh is one hell of a drummer....

noodle654
03-09-2006, 05:43 PM
josh is one hell of a drummer....

yes he is, I watched I live of Atom doing it, and he is on the floor tom, but i cant see him on the snair....

Llamas
03-09-2006, 06:35 PM
josh was inCREDIBLE in a perfect circle... the offspring was too limiting for his talent, I think...

Ninty Man
03-09-2006, 06:48 PM
josh was inCREDIBLE in a perfect circle... the offspring was too limiting for his talent, I think...

No, they get better everytime... and then... they flop XD

Llamas
03-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I just meant that poppunk drumming is too easy for josh.

HeadAroundU
03-10-2006, 04:53 AM
I just meant that poppunk drumming is too easy for josh.

That's another bullshit from you.
I'm not even going to argue with you.
*shakes head*

Hypodermic_89
03-10-2006, 05:05 AM
The Noose is cool, but not one of my faves on Splinter. Long Way Home, on the other hand, is the best song on Splinter :)

Little_Miss_1565
03-10-2006, 05:06 AM
"The Noose" is easily one of my favorite Offspring songs ever.

HeadAroundU
03-10-2006, 05:08 AM
/\ I second that.

It's punkrock masterpiece. :cool:

Dexter_H
03-10-2006, 05:10 AM
"The Noose" is easily one of my favorite Offspring songs ever.
For sure. They always seem to raise your hopes with the first song, then decintergrate them when you reach Hit That, Original Prankster, Pretty Fly.....

offspringfan15
03-10-2006, 06:12 AM
The Noose is sooo good song,one of my favourites! and Long way home is good too.

unwanted offspring
03-10-2006, 03:56 PM
i thought they used a drum machine or whatever on splinter?

HeadAroundU
03-10-2006, 04:45 PM
well, Josh Freese is drum machine. :D

Jakebert
03-10-2006, 05:03 PM
"The Noose" is one of my favorite Offspring songs, and I with they could do stuff like that more often. It's good, powerful, catchy, and not at all giving in to cliches and generic straight ahead rock.

"Long Way Home" is decent, but nothing special.

Drummerguy123
03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't get it. I am seeing several threads praising songs from Splinter, but everyone still thinks it was a horrible album. Yeah, it was short, but almost all of the songs are their most agressive and powerful work to date! Although I don't think many have noticed, but Splinter is actually about 3 minutes longer than S/T. even with Kill the President. Don't get me wrong, I think S/T was a better album, but I don't see why Splinter was so bad.

offspring kid
03-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Ok, I just started to listen to these songs, I dont really listen to the Splinter album that much. Well, The Noose, at first I didnt even seem like the Offspring, like when the drums come in, I was like holy god this songs is amazing! It has a killer beat, good bass, and good drums. Of course Dexters vocals were the shiz yo. What do you think?

Long Way Home, the drums in this are amazing, Josh is a god. The solo part after the first chorus is INSANE!!! Also, if you listen pretty closely you can hear the snair and it sounds like a roll on the floor tom??? I dont really play drums that much, what do you think about this song? I love how Dexter speaks, and there is the Hey! Hey! Hey!. That is amazing.

Just felt like spilling my comments about these two songs. What do you think about them??

Splinter is my favourite album and drumming is one of the reasons why i like that album ( Josh is a Kickass Drummer )

German Andres
03-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Dude, those songs rocks! They are exellent, both of them. However, I prefer The Noose, which is, easily, the best song of Splinter. :D

nameless
03-11-2006, 06:43 PM
the noose is my favourite song on the album!

offspring_freak_3
03-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Dude, those songs rocks! They are exellent, both of them. However, I prefer The Noose, which is, easily, the best song of Splinter. :D
dude... i totally agree with you

Jakebert
03-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I don't get it. I am seeing several threads praising songs from Splinter, but everyone still thinks it was a horrible album. Yeah, it was short, but almost all of the songs are their most agressive and powerful work to date! Although I don't think many have noticed, but Splinter is actually about 3 minutes longer than S/T. even with Kill the President. Don't get me wrong, I think S/T was a better album, but I don't see why Splinter was so bad.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like it because it only has 2 really standout songs, 2 or 3 mediocore/average songs, and the rest is basically crap. It's just not consistant at all.

Drummerguy123
03-11-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like it because it only has 2 really standout songs, 2 or 3 mediocore/average songs, and the rest is basically crap. It's just not consistant at all.

The Noose, Long Way home, RAM, CGMHAY, Never Gonna Find me, Lightning Rod...Only two of these actually stand out? IMO, the only really bad song on the whole album is When You're in Prison, and that was made for strictly humor purposes only.

I think in every post of yours I have seen, you are nashing The offspring. I don't even think I've seen you post in General Chat or Politics before. I suggest getting a life and leaving us alone here.

Jakebert
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
The Noose, Long Way home, RAM, CGMHAY, Never Gonna Find me, Lightning Rod...Only two of these actually stand out? IMO, the only really bad song on the whole album is When You're in Prison, and that was made for strictly humor purposes only.

I think in every post of yours I have seen, you are nashing The offspring. I don't even think I've seen you post in General Chat or Politics before. I suggest getting a life and leaving us alone here.

I post reguarly in politics, and I don't post much in General Chat because nothing much there catches my attention.

I've been nothing but respectful of you no matter what the argument, and if you want to start insulting me and being a dick, then fine, because to me all it does is show that you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you.

And yes, only Lightening Rod and the Noose stand out on Splinter. Never Gonna Find Me, Long Way Home, Spare Me The Details, and Da Hui are decent but nothing special. Can't Get My Head Around You, Race Against Myself, Worst Hangover Ever, and Hit That are just boring to me.

Also, I don't just slag off the Offspring, as I know I've told you many times that I love their older stuff, it's just that their newer stuff fails to capture what the older stuff did.

Ninty Man
03-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I post reguarly in politics, and I don't post much in General Chat because nothing much there catches my attention.

I've been nothing but respectful of you no matter what the argument, and if you want to start insulting me and being a dick, then fine, because to me all it does is show that you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you.

And yes, only Lightening Rod and the Noose stand out on Splinter. Never Gonna Find Me, Long Way Home, Spare Me The Details, and Da Hui are decent but nothing special. Can't Get My Head Around You, Race Against Myself, Worst Hangover Ever, and Hit That are just boring to me.

Also, I don't just slag off the Offspring, as I know I've told you many times that I love their older stuff, it's just that their newer stuff fails to capture what the older stuff did.

You can throw shit in another place... like your ass